2009 Patriots Offense Vs. 2007 Team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

Re: 2009 Patriots Offense Vs. 2007 Team

[QUOTE]After Weis left Belichick took over the O-play calling until McDaniels got his feet wet....that is how they are rolling this year.  Also, Brady has his hand in many of the plays called and he changes the plays based on the opposing package on the field.  the scheming for the games are done during the week in film study and meetings as a team.  If you think that McDaniels was the sole person then you are mistaken.
    Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE]

I didn't say he was the SOLE person. I said he was an IMPORTANT person. He was just the OC, I'm sure he had no impact on all that weekly game preparation. 
    As I said, since the personnel hasn't really changed the coaching staff sure has, and time will tell it's impact.
    You say "no biggie", I say "possibly bigger than you may think". 

According to you the Colts will be the same without Tom Moore.
    Because Peyton like Brady checks into plays at the LOS. And they have other coaches during the week who make the gameplan besides the OC

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

One reason the offense benefited in 2007 was that all the gambles they had at the beginning of the season throwing bombs to Moss just paid off.  They scored a bunch of TD's, the Miami game being in the front of my mind, off of complete joke passes that would have been intercepted had it been another receiver.

I think they'll be more methodical knowing they can save those plays rather than just say "hey, it's third down, Randy go long".

The two things I think they'll see is one safety playing super deep and a lot of interior blitzes.  That's what they're going to have to deal with.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE] I didn't say he was the SOLE person. I said he was an IMPORTANT person. He was just the OC, I'm sure he had no impact on all that weekly game preparation.  As I said, since the personnel hasn't really changed the coaching staff sure has, and time will tell it's impact. You say "no biggie", I say "possibly bigger than you may think".    According to you the Colts will be the same without Tom Moore. Because Peyton like Brady checks into plays at the LOS. And they have other coaches during the week who make the gameplan besides the OC
    Posted by rocher[/QUOTE]

I would say that, but they also lost Dungy and their Defensive Coordinator....so I won't say that because it isn't the same.

I am telling you that Belichich has been through this before in grooming an OC, we will be fine.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]Seeing Moss, Welker, Galloway and Brady being back, all of the Pats opponents are gearing up to defend the pass plays with new additions via free agency or the recent draft as noted in the Globe article on Parcell's Dolphins.  Thing is, Belicheck knows it.  Therefore, expect the Pats rushing game to flourish.  But Belicheck still may hold back the rushing game until midseason to continue to bait oppenents to play the pass until the running game takes over later in a particular game or the season, when teams are getting tired.
    Posted by PatsNottingham[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with your assesment on how we will attack this year. I am excited about our offense and the D is looking good as well. I would be very affraid of the Pats offense and would lose a lot of sleep if I were the opposing teams Defensive coord!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I think we'll be slightly better this year, do to the improvement of the running game and tight end position.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDoItchBig. Show DrDoItchBig's posts

I believe the Pats have a better all around offense than in 2007, if you want to drop back in coverage, Tom will hand the ball off to one of the backs in our now very good backfield and he'll get maybe 10 yards before he gets tackled or even take it to the house. If you want to have a few extra guys in the box to stop the run then you're inviting a deep ball to Galloway or Moss. Now if the Pats want to get pass happy I think they could, you can't double Moss,Welker, and Galloway.

How do you gameplan against that? I mean seriously, the talent on the Offensive side of the ball alone is ridiculous lol. I feel bad for everyone we go against this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I think we'll be slightly better this year, do to the improvement of the running game and tight end position.
    Posted by FishTaco64[/QUOTE]

I don't really know if the running game will be improved vs. last year or not - I'm expecting it to be about the same.  The X factor is whether Laura steps up her game or not - and I'm thinking the latter.  I prefer Law Firm over Laura.

Tight End has not been a factor in scoring since mebbe Ben Coates. Seems like the Patriots use TEs more for protecting Brady or whammie blocks for the running game - and Watson has a case of the fumbles sorta like Faulk early in his career.

The biq question is whether the younger/new players on defense will help to 1) create turnovers and 2) improve our Red Zone Defense from last year (the only direction is to go up since we were 2nd to last in that category (??)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]I don't really know if the running game will be improved vs. last year or not - I'm expecting it to be about the same.  The X factor is whether Laura steps up her game or not - and I'm thinking the latter.  I prefer Law Firm over Laura. Tight End has not been a factor in scoring since mebbe Ben Coates. Seems like the Patriots use TEs more for protecting Brady or whammie blocks for the running game - and Watson has a case of the fumbles sorta like Faulk early in his career. The biq question is whether the younger/new players on defense will help to 1) create turnovers and 2) improve our Red Zone Defense from last year (the only direction is to go up since we were 2nd to last in that category (??)
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

We are comparing 2007 to 2009. 

The 2007 RB groups is Morris, Maroney, Faulk and Evans.  Morris missed much of the 2007 season with a chest injury.  I believe that adding Fred Taylor and having Lawfirm is better than the 2007 group of RB's.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BellaCheate. Show BellaCheate's posts

There is absolutely no way the Pats score anywhere near the TDs they scored in 2007. The Oline is not as good; other teams are better at defending us; the competition is much stronger both in our division and outside schedule; Brady will be more pocket-bound; defense not as good and will be on the field more. For more reasons, just ask. I'm out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-in-md. Show pats-fan-in-md's posts

Sorry folks but as long as the RB's and O line stay healthy
    master Thomas will eat defenses alive this year. Mr. Belichek
    and team will pick up from the 07 season. Put yourself in his place
    and tell me you wouldn't keep the pressure on the other teams
    by trying to score on everyplay and never let up until the clock
    ticks zero like he did in 07. Belichek has had an entire off season
    ( something he hasn't had almost the entire decade ) to counter
    what our opponents defenses's have evolved to. Tell me Tom Brady
    isn't ready once agian to prove all the nay sayers wrong agian. This
    guy is on a mission to be best quaterback ever, period, by his own
    admission. See ya'll at the Superbowl!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

Bella,
    I disagree with all your points with the exception of the AFC East being a tougher overall division than in 2007. I can disprove all your other points, just ask.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

In Response to Re: 2009 Patriots Offense Vs. 2007 Team:
    [QUOTE]There is absolutely no way the Pats score anywhere near the TDs they scored in 2007. The Oline is not as good; other teams are better at defending us; the competition is much stronger both in our division and outside schedule; Brady will be more pocket-bound; defense not as good and will be on the field more. For more reasons, just ask. I'm out.
    Posted by BellaCheate[/QUOTE]

I have not seen any logical reason yet, do you want to take a gander at some more reasons?

And the O-line is the same if not better.....Other teams have not defended against our New TE's, Galloway, Lewis or Taylor......

Our Defense may be even more improved in the D-backs but might be less in the outside LBs....inside LBs improved with Mayo...we have the same D-line except we have more depth. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: 2009 Patriots Offense Vs. 2007 Team:
    [QUOTE]We are comparing 2007 to 2009.  The 2007 RB groups is Morris, Maroney, Faulk and Evans.  Morris missed much of the 2007 season with a chest injury.  I believe that adding Fred Taylor and having Lawfirm is better than the 2007 group of RB's.
    Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE]

shootz.....and I started the post too....dummy me...lol Foot in mouth

even w/ the improved RB situation vs. 2007, I don't think they'll score more TDs. Assuming that all the opposing teams take out Moss out of the game by jamming him at the line and playing another man deep - who's gonna make up for the loss in TD scoring? Galloway? Welker?  I dunno. I guess it depends on how much the offensive play calling changes....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

"who's gonna make up for the loss in TD scoring? Galloway? Welker?"

Maybe. I think they are certainly capable.

I think they'll have a few less touchdowns this year compared to '07, but I think it will be due to a stronger running game and game-clock management.

It should be a lot of fun to watch.