2009 version of the San Diego Chargers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

2009 version of the San Diego Chargers

I just wanted to make sure all my friends in Patriot Nation are all well informed about the San Diego Chargers. I thank you for your hospitality and wish you the best of luck in the 2009 regular season. Just click on each picture for a 2 minute video presentation. Hopes this helps.
    Regards

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/multimedia/position09_one/position_09.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: 2009 version of the San Diego Chargers

jbolted, I live in Temecula.  I'm surrounded by Chargers fans, Chargers news, and have too many Charger's fans as friends to probably ever be welcomed back in my home state of NH.  I come to this forum to escape the Chargers.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

All we need to know here about the Chargers is this:
    1. They have never won a Super bowl.
    2. They still have Norv as a head coach, so number one is not likely to change in the near future.
    3. They are unlikely to be a threat to our favorite team this season.

Discussion over. Now let's talk about the Patriots!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

4. They like to tool up on the Colts in the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Yep - they seem to have the colts #

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Jbolt:

You can have all the weapons in the world....but if your team's achilles heel is its coach....I don't see how they can eventually win the Lombardi trophy....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I thought their Achilles heel was the owner.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSharkjeff. Show TheSharkjeff's posts

Thanks but unless your head coach is fired your not doing squat. LTs body is just not what it once was.

Darren Sproles is getting seriously overhyped because of one game against one of the worst rush defensive teams and the worst special teams  unit in the game.

Rivers,Gates, and Jackson AT TIMES are the sole bright spots on that offense. Unless LT found the fountain of youth he is going to retire very soon and his body isnt going to hold up for this season and the postseason and if you think so I lol at you.

That team is just filled with slackers. I have a huge amount of respect for Merriman and Phillips but that team is just either hurting or just not playing even close to the level they should be playing at.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Who wants to play the over/under for games needed to win the AFC West this year?

Last year was 8 and I am picking under.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

I think the Chargers will be back in the race.  It seemed like the past two seasons they only got up for certain games.  If they can get the ship headed north for most of the regular season and win their division they'll be in the hunt in January.  I know we seem to always beat them when it matters but there is a lot of talent there too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from socalpatsfan12. Show socalpatsfan12's posts

ah yes, the 2009 Chargers, ending their season with a loss, just like every other
    Chargers team in the last 43 years....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Jbolt views all of San Diegos' SB trophies.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

In Response to Re: 2009 version of the San Diego Chargers:
    [QUOTE]Jbolt views all of San Diegos' SB trophies.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

H:

The guy in the picture must be asking....who took my "imaginary" cheese?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

The Chargers roster, overall, is better than the Patriots. Considering the Chargers have encountered more injuries the past two years, I'd say with a healthy squad they will handle New England in the playoffs, providing the Patriots actually make it this year. The NE secondary is not championship caliber at all, the Oline can be pushed around, and coaching changes will ultimately prove what I'm expressing. On top of that the 1st & 2nd year players with no post season experience will quell any late season rally they can muster up. The Patriots should win the division though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]The Chargers roster, overall, is better than the Patriots. Considering the Chargers have encountered more injuries the past two years, I'd say with a healthy squad they will handle New England in the playoffs, providing the Patriots actually make it this year. The NE secondary is not championship caliber at all, the Oline can be pushed around, and coaching changes will ultimately prove what I'm expressing. On top of that the 1st & 2nd year players with no post season experience will quell any late season rally they can muster up. The Patriots should win the division though.
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

On paper, before any football is played, I would agree that the Chargers defense is probably in better shape.  I expect our D to be improved this year, but to what extent is anyone's guess.  As Mike Reiss alludes to; it doesn't take much to improve upon last year.  We could get lucky and have some guys really step up on D this year, but I'll only count on a decent, but not substantial improvement.  Losing Harrison and Vrabel will not be without any cost.

If Brady returns to form at least fairly early in the season, there is no way on God's earth I would take the Chargers' offensive roster over the Pats.  As always, injuries can change your world in a hurry.  Barring more than the usual injuries, the Pats could be exceptional this year.   You will need a "great" D to stop them.

You talk about the Chargers having encountered more injuries the last two years.  I challenge that assertion, but have too much of a life to go through all of the games and know for sure.  The Pats have regularly been decimated by injuries.  If it appears as if we don't show many players on the injury report near the end of the season it is only because most of the players are on IR.    I mean really, the Pats get killed by injuries year after year.

I'll take BB as the one and only coach without any assistants over Norv with a hundred assistants.  I think us Pats fans are also asking how many assistants we can lose before the pain just gets too severe and we pay a price.  I'd argue though, that no year can top when we lost both Weiss and Romeo.  I could also argue we paid a big price when we lost them.  I don't consider Josh Mac's departure anywhere near as significant as when we lost those two assistants.  Pioli didn't help BB put together game plans.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

It's Deja Vu again!

Every year Bolt starts crowing about how the Chargers have the most "talent" in the league, how they are "primed" or "due" for a championship.....and every January it's the same old thing! It's time to kick the jukebox, that same old record is skipping again! At least a broken clock is right twice a day!!! This thread gets the "Yawn of the Month" award from me!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoochiemgg. Show hoochiemgg's posts

[QUOTE]The Chargers roster, overall, is better than the Patriots. Considering the Chargers have encountered more injuries the past two years, I'd say with a healthy squad they will handle New England in the playoffs, providing the Patriots actually make it this year. The NE secondary is not championship caliber at all, the Oline can be pushed around, and coaching changes will ultimately prove what I'm expressing. On top of that the 1st & 2nd year players with no post season experience will quell any late season rally they can muster up. The Patriots should win the division though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoochiemgg. Show hoochiemgg's posts

Oh yes, the Pats are well aware of just how awesome the Chargers are on paper.
    But like the lion in the Wizard of Oz....they have no heart. They cried like babies when the undermanned Pats beat them in the playoffs on their home turf then danced all over it because they were so sick and tired of hearing Charger players trash talk. It was cool for Charger fans to watch Merriman do his little skit all that season in other players faces but as usual, they couldn't pass muster in the playoffs. Of all the Pats playoff victories, and there are so many, I like that one the most. Jbolty, you can buy dvd's of all three Pats Superbowl victories if you like, or maybe one from the NFL's longest winning streak or the 16-0 season. Either way, you'll see a team that shows heart and a coach that can make tough winning decisions. In the meantime, thank your lucky stars that your team plays in the worst division in the entire NFL where a .500 record gets you on the dancefloor. At least this way, you still can make cracks about the 11-5 Pats not making the playoffs. Yes.....good on paper, how silly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Actually, it was the Tin Man who had "no heart" in the Wizard of Oz. The lion was the one without courage. But I think you are off a bit on your analogy. In the case of the Chargers I think they are more like the scarecrow, who had no brain!!!

Here's to hoping that Norv remains in SD for a long time...thus making the pitiful Chargers no real threat to us come January!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoochiemgg. Show hoochiemgg's posts

[QUOTE]Actually, it was the Tin Man who had "no heart" in the Wizard of Oz. The lion was the one without courage. But I think you are off a bit on your analogy. In the case of the Chargers I think they are more like the scarecrow, who had no brain!!! Here's to hoping that Norv remains in SD for a long time...thus making the pitiful Chargers no real threat to us come January!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

Thanks....my son had already pointed out my error and also agrees with your reference to the scarecrow

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

What? You are the classic homer, my friend. Look at any of the power rankings. the pats and stealers are 1 and 2, the best i've seen the bolts is at 7. same in las vegas. 
    't come whining to us about injuries, we've had more than our share. in case you hadn't noticed we went 11-5 leat year without the MVP.  but,  more importantly, when's the last time SD won a playoff game? when's the last time SD won ANY MEANINGFUL GAME AGAINST THE PATS? That would be never.
    Your team might look OK, not great, OK, on paper and have some potential to actually do something this year besides underachieve, but,  as Yogi said, "all potential means is that you haven't done sh*t yet". 
    SD has a long road ahead of them before they even be mentioned in the same sentence as the superbowl bound NE Patriots! believe it!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to 2009 version of the San Diego Chargers:
    [QUOTE]I just wanted to make sure all my friends in Patriot Nation are all well informed about the San Diego Chargers. I thank you for your hospitality and wish you the best of luck in the 2009 regular season. Just click on each picture for a 2 minute video presentation. Hopes this helps. Regards http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/multimedia/position09_one/position_09.html
    I live in OC and occasionally go to SD to watch Patriot games with my daughters at downtown bars. Always interesting to monitor the bolts fans at work. they make plenty of noise when they're ahead, but once they start loosing, which they usually do, you won't hear much noise. Their "fans" start leaving at halftime and by the fouth quarter, they're mostly gone. (What a joy it was to watch the celts stomp the lakers' butts two years ago, in OC bars. You could hear a pin drop by the second quarter!)
    One day, one daughter was walking her dog in downtown SD, wearing her Cory Dillon jersey, when a dolts fan came running out of a resturaunt and tried to kick the dog. what a guy. if only his team had showed that much aggression! (she peppered sprayed him in the face and left him crying on the sidewalk).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Let us continually give our thanks to Norv Turner for giving the New England Patriots the draft pick for nose tackle Ron Brace, Big Brace, described in one draft report as a human avalanche.  Nobody is going to run up the middle against the Patriots for quite a while.

In return, BB gave Norv a third rounder last year, and Norv took Devin Hester, a fullback.  Devin Hester got his second carry in week six, against the Patriots, where he then fumbled the football.   Hester finished the 2008 season with 19 carries.  Not too bad.  Not good!  Maybe he'll get a little better this year.  Enjoy your third rounder.

Norv just assumed his Chargers would go 16-0, so trading out a second rounder wouldn't hurt too bad.  The Chargers then went 8-8.  Sweet!

Other than this, New England doesn't play San Diego in the regular season.  Why should I watch how good some random team is if we're not playing them?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to 2009 version of the San Diego Chargers:
    [QUOTE]I just wanted to make sure all my friends in Patriot Nation are all well informed about the San Diego Chargers. I thank you for your hospitality and wish you the best of luck in the 2009 regular season. Just click on each picture for a 2 minute video presentation. Hopes this helps. Regards http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/multimedia/position09_one/position_09.html

The Bolts are a good team in a weak division. But, I can't see them beating the Steelers or the Pats. They have the Norv factor, need to improve their OL, need to improve their pass-rush (which the additions of Merriman and English should do), and need to replace the overated LT..

Their only chance is if they can take advantage of their weak division, and gain home field advantage throughout the playoffs. In addition, their defense must become dominant. This could happen if Merriman is 100%, English pans out, Cromartie bounces back, and tackles Williams, and Luis Castillo, stay healthy. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Thanks....my son had already pointed out my error and also agrees with your reference to the scarecrow

Sounds like your son is a smart kid!

when's the last time SD won ANY MEANINGFUL GAME AGAINST THE PATS?

Well, they did beat us in the AFL Championship game back in '63. Of course that's been longer than it's been since the Jests won a championship!!!! I think Belichick was in elementary school then, and Brady wasn't even a twinkle in his father's eye!

One day, one daughter was walking her dog in downtown SD, wearing her Cory Dillon jersey, when a dolts fan came running out of a resturaunt and tried to kick the dog. what a guy. if only his team had showed that much aggression! (she peppered sprayed him in the face and left him crying on the sidewalk).

She should have kicked him in the chonies while he was rolling around on the sidewalk! Oh, wait, being a Chargers fan, and someone who would kick a dog for no reason, he probably didn't have any!!!

Norv just assumed his Chargers would go 16-0, so trading out a second rounder wouldn't hurt too bad.  The Chargers then went 8-8.  Sweet!

Positive proof that the saying is true about when you assume something!

Sections
Shortcuts