2010 2nd round picks from Tennessee and Jacksonville

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

Re: 2010 2nd round picks from Tennessee and Jacksonville

In Response to Re: 2010 2nd round picks from Tennessee and Jacksonville:
    [QUOTE]Top Prospects at QB (3-7)-Pats don't have a need but I do think top QB prospects Jake Locker, Jimmy Clausen will push a good player down to Pats.  This is an above average QB draft with Tim Tebow, Tony Pike, Colt McCoy and Jevan Snead (late first to second round talent).  This is a nice and very deep QB draft.  RB (3)-This draft is not particularly strong at running back.  CJ Spiller, Jonathon Dwyer or Jahvid Best will probably be available until the late first and early second round.  In my opinion there are no game changing Adrian Peterson types.  I might pass on the runners or try to get a guy in the later rounds or free agency.  We have a need but....... WR (2)-Dez Bryant really stands out in this draft and would add another dimension to the offense.  You just cannot single cover him.  Dezmon Briscoe of Kansas is steady and could be a player to watch.  Steady and less explosive than Bryant.  TE (1)-****Jermaine Gresham**** would have to be very high on the Patriots list.  I think he may have been the best player on OU's offense last year.  A top 5-10 talent had he not been injured.  Rumor has it that the type of injury will not effect him next year and he will come to camp good to go.  OL (3-5) The top player would appear to be Russell Okung. Bryan Bulaga and Charles Brown are also of interest.  Trent Williams is a guy that may drop to Patriots as he has had a down year, but has plenty of potential.  Otherwise not much else here.   DLine (7) I don't think I have ever seen a deeper Dline draft with Suh, McCoy, T. Cody, Jerry Hughes, Carlos Dunlap, Jason Pierre-Paul, Grag Hardy all available.  Someone from the group is going to have to drop and there will be value to be had. LB (3)-Brandon Spikes is on everyones radar.  Sergio Kindle from Texas has a nice motor and Rolando McClain is another guy that is coveted.  I think a real darkhorse is Sean Weatherspoon from Missouri he is a playmaker and seemingly all over the field.  Fits that Guyton mold.   Safety (2)-There are two very highly coveted safeties in Eric Berry and Taylor Mays.  These two are really good they will go top 15 and help to push a player down to Pats.   Cornerback (1)-Joe Haden from Florida is all I have at this position.  This is a weakspot in a great draft.   
    Posted by kittycat6969[/QUOTE]

Great call on Weatherspoon. If I wasn't a Nebraska fan, I'd love the guy - lol. He is omnipresent on the field. He finds the ball and makes plays.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

Re: 2010 2nd round picks from Tennessee and Jacksonville

In Response to Re: 2010 2nd round picks from Tennessee and Jacksonville:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2010 2nd round picks from Tennessee and Jacksonville : Thank you, it's awesome that there's intelligent draft talk on BDC, you included. The whole height thing with BB's OLB's/edge rushers is kinda funny, seems that he'll shy away from shorter guys (relative to what he likes 6-5 etc) in the draft but is OK with them if they've been in the league for a bit and/or have been relatively productive (Adalius, Ninkovich and D. Burgess are all listed at 6-2)  I know he likes big, tall guys who can set the edge, but this would lead me to think that if a guy can play, you draft him.  TBC was drafted by BB and he is only listed at 6-2, so it can work out.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

I think BB feels that shorter edge rushers are riskier right out of college. Once they have proven themselves under NFL conditions (a la Adalius, et al), I believe he would agree with you - if the guy can play - get him.