2010 Draft RBs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

2010 Draft RBs

we need a new back... its clear to see. we have maroney, BJGE, and a slew of GEEZERS. i want to see them draft the back of the future rather than go the FA route.

*IN YOUR OPINION*

in what round do we address running back, and furthermore who do we want?

to me i think that Ben Tate could be a stud in the second round.  i like everything about him (size, speed, general ability)

*NOTE* this thread is intended to be realistic haha.

what say you?

GO PATS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: 2010 Draft RBs

Toby Gerhart-A true bruising football player.  A Corey Dillon type back-just what we need.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

4th round Joique Bell

I think this is a weak draft for RB's but a very strong draft in terms of both lines and DE/OLB prospects so fill the bigger holes early and take a chance on a mid-round prospect with high upside. Joique Bell has a unique set of skills and raw talent but coming from a D2 he is a hit or miss type of player. Still worth a look in the 4th.

Next year with Oak's pick might be a better option for a true blue chip rb.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

With the short life span of most running backs, I really hope the Oak pick is NOT a RB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

im with you MB... i think taking a RB that early in the first is wayyy too risky (even if it is mark ingram)

@ PatsEng
    i like joique bell and started a thread about him last week... he has some serious talent.  the only thing is that BB likes to add depth in rounds 4 and up. good potential for Bell though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

If we upgrade the line, the need for running back decrease. If our line is a little bit more smashmouth Maroney or one of the 30 year olds can be more successful. I wish neal would stay healthy because then we would need one tackle and we be pretty good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

@Fowler I normal agree that he likes to build depth in the 4+ rounds but with the depth in rushers and lines I think he's going heavy line a rush depth in the early rounds then taking a couple chances or best talent available in the later rounds. It wouldn't be the first time he built depth in the early rounds and took chances on raw talent in the later. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I believe they should pick up a RB and they will.
    Dixon, Gerhart, Hardesty, Tate and Blount should be there for the 2nd round picks.  Plenty to choose from.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

on the topic of late round raw talent guys i think that Kieland Williams from LSU could be a good fit.  he was a career backup at LSU and had significantly less production than Joique Bell albeit against significantly better competition (D2 vs. SEC) ive seen very limited film, but if the pats are looking for a back late then he is an option for sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Spiller won't be available,Matthews might not be available, Best might not be available but Ben Tate,Lonyae Miller,Hardesty,Gerhart,Dixon,and McCluster should be available in the second round,all of these RB's have skills and it's a toss up which way to go if they decide to draft one of these guys.There are others who will be available in later rounds.McCluster is intriguing because of his versitility WR,RB,and KR,but Ben Tate is a force to be reckoned with..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nepats51. Show nepats51's posts

HARDESTY IS A STUD!!!! ID TAKE HIM ON THE TEAM!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

After we address the needs. Maybe, the 4th round.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from deman3392. Show deman3392's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Draft RBs:
    HARDESTY IS A STUD!!!! ID TAKE HIM ON THE TEAM!!!!!
    Posted by nepats51

I agree I like hardesty in a patriots uniform but would rather Ryan Matthews or Jonathan Dwyer

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Agreed on Monterio Hardesty in 2nd rd IF NE doesn't take Ryan Matthews who will have to be picked in 1st rd...  Was so high on Dwyer for so long, but tell me exactly HOW a player can Gain an extra 10 lbs AND Drop 2/10ths of a second on what every scout and coach said he could run no prob (low 4.4-4.59) AND somehow Lose 2 inches in his height ALL at the same time (6'1-5'11)...jesus, talk about a bad month.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Dwyer comes with some questions as well.  The system he comes from doesn't help his status.  Catching the ball out of the backfield and pass blocking are big issues.  A late 1st or early 2nd rounder.  I hope we stay away from him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

I've read that the Pats are very high on Mathews.  His stock is jumping right now, so they would need to draft him before San Diego(28th pick). 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Whenever discussing draft and the Patriots at the same time you always have to keep in mind that BB is always looking to pick up more picks,so when saying that he has #22 are we really talking about #26 or are we talking he has #34 and a pick in the 3rd round? You see he's constantly fluid in all things draft related.

Sections
Shortcuts