2010 Jets are going to be the 2000 Washington Redskins....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

2010 Jets are going to be the 2000 Washington Redskins....

Remember the 2000 Washington Redskins, they were coming off a 10-6 season where they won a playoff game.  They had a Pro-Bowl QB in Brad Johnson and a Pro-Bowl RB in Stephen Davis.   Then they went into hype overdrive, they brought in Deion Sanders who were going to team with Darrell Green and Champ Bailey to create what most believed was going to be the greatest secondary of all-time. 

They added Bruce Smith to give them a pass rush.  Then they draft Chris Samuels and Lavar Arrington.  Everyone thought this team was going to win the superbowl, but instead they didn't have chemistry and went 8-8.   I have a feeling the Jets hype machine will do the same. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: 2010 Jets are going to be the 2000 Washington Redskins....

In Response to Re: 2010 Jets are going to be the 2000 Washington Redskins....:
      Do you also have a feeling the Pats will win the SB?  I thought so.
    Posted by bjesuss

Sure i think they can win it this year, they have a btter chance then the soap opera jests

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

The Jets dumped Thomas Jones for LT, at the point in their careers, I'd rather have the solid veteran Thomas Jones who has a chip on his shoulder from being a draft bust early on in his career than an aging future Hall of Famer in LT.  Emmitt Smith never helped the Cardinals much.                        

Plus they have wildcards at WR in Holmes and Edwards too WRs which huge egos and baggage.    I actually believe the Dolphins will have a better season, they've got the better WR Braylon Edwards, the better RB duo in Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams, and I think I would rather have Henne than Sanchez next season.

But the Patriots will be the most solid of all those teams if they don't suffer major injuries.  We have young talent on this defense, probably the most young talent since the 1996 roster, an although we don't have Milloy, Law, McGinest, or Johnson, Chris Slade, who were studs.  We can be a deep and effective defense next season.  And on offense, Brady will get it done.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

First off, we all clearly give our teams an optimistic view...  

The bottom line is the Jets have yet to prove anything!  One decent season topped off with a gift wrapped playoff berth doesn't impress any Patriots fan...  The Jets have a loud bark, but we've yet to see the bite.  The Patriots have been playoff contenders year in and year out for the last decade, and even while we're in a rebuilding period we contend...  How many of our old SB studs are still around?!?  Instead of going all in, we made 24 draft picks in the last two years, with 2011 being the icing on the cake.  Get settled in for the long haul reading in the Times about Brady trampling your dreams for at least 5 more years.  Ryan is riding the hype wave, trying to sell tickets, all for your short potential window of opportunity.  You are running on the fumes from last year, Rex rolled the dice and is gambling on 2010 or bust...  It could pay off, but I'd put money on the safer bet that we get to see a total meltdown on Hard Knocks!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

IMHO:
    The jests addressed WR which they needed to do.  Their other additions only equal what they lost.  Thomas gone, LT in, loss IMO.  Cromartie in, Lito S out, a wash with extra diapers and child support.  McKnight in, Washington out, a loss.  Washington was a known product/proven in the nfl.   Faneca out, Vlad in, lost a line leader on the decline, gained youth but broke up chemistry on the line. 
    It still comes down to Dirty Sanchez.  If he gets better, they can challenge.  If he doesnt improve, they can go 6-10.

in regards to our past 2 drafts, I like them both, but we also needed them.  Our previous 4 drafts yielded very little.  We needed that youthful injection of talent.  I think we need 2 more drafts to really dominate, but they could shock me if certain players show more than I initially expect and improve faster than I expect.  I still see us winning it all in 2012 and 2013.  And us trading up in 2012 or 2013 to get our QB of the future.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Jets are going to be the 2000 Washington Redskins.... : Please someone.... going to need a translation on this one
    Posted by bjesuss

oh sorry i didn't speak jersey english?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanUK. Show PatsFanUK's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Jets are going to be the 2000 Washington Redskins.... : Do you know sells tickets?  Winning, you clown.  Seems that when you put together a good team on the rise with solid core of young players, the stupid fans get all excited.  Problem is, there is not too much room for growth.  Next step is the SB.
    Posted by bjesuss

Winning sells tickets? If that's the case I'm amazed if Jets fans have been going to games for more than a few months? You're hardly a team that wins consistently, are you?
    You've had ONE decent postseason, and that only came off the back of teams lying down at the end of the year to let you in - hardly the mark of a "winning franchise"?

Come back to us when you've won the SB a few times, as opposed to once over 40 years ago. Your team has proven nothing yet.