2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAPats. Show LAPats's posts

Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6:
    Hey LA Pats, How about this?  If our young guys on D don't improve we might still struggle stopping people but NOBODY could stop us with this crew.  We can use the last 3 7th round comps picks all on D.  OFFENSE Slot 24 Julian Edelman #48 D. McCluster   PUP 29 W Welker WR #119 A Roberts 22 Brandon Tate   LOT 32 Matt Light 28 Mark LeVoir   LG 28 Logan Mankins 24 George Bussey 24 Rich Ohrnberger C #22 M Pouncey 30 Dan Koppen   ROG 34 Stephen Neal 28 Dan Connolly 24 Ryan Wendell RT 26 S Vollmer 31 Nick Kaczur   TE 32 Alge Crumpler #53 D Pitta   QB 33 Tom Brady 24 Brian Hoyer   RB 25 L Maroney 34 Kevin Faulk 34 Fred Taylor #44 T. Gerhart 33 Sammy Morris 25 BJ Green-Ellis   WR 33 Randy Moss 36 David Patton           DEFENSE DE   29 Ty Warren 28 Mike Wright   NT 28 Vince Wilfork 23 Ron Brace #231 B Deaderick DE 32 Damione Lewis 24 Myron Pryor   OLB 30 Tully Banta-Cain 26 Rob Ninkovich 33 Adalius Thomas ILB 24 Jerod Mayo 28 Eric Alexander 25 Marques Murrell ILB 24 Gary Guyton 24 T McKenzie   OLB 25 Shawn Crable 28 Pierre Woods #190 R Muckelroy LCB 24 Darius Butler 26 J Wilhite 35 Shawn Springs RCB 29 Leigh Bodden 25 T Wheatley   SS 26 B Meriweather 23 Pat Chung   FS 26 James Sanders #205 J. Miles 26 B McGowan   SPECIAL TEAMS 4 Players PK 26 S Gostkowski     P #229 Z. Mesko     H       LS 24 Jake Ingram     KR 24 Matthew Slater     PR      
    Posted by Faucetman

Yeah, like Pouncey a lot.  Word's getting out though and I wonder if he'll still be there at 22?  Normally, I wouldn't jump up and done with OG/C 1st round pick, but this guy sounds like a pig demon!  Here's the thing: I don't think we need McCluster AND Gerhart.  Just too much RB depth to use another 2nd rounder on IMO.  How 'bout this for O:

22 - Pouncey (OL)
    44 - Gronkowski (TE) 
    48 - McCluster (RB/PR)
    53 - Damian Williams, Mardy Gilyard or Eric Decker (WR)

Thoughts? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

[QUOTE]Big earthquake just hit.  Wasn't too bad where I live but it was a 6.9 south of Mexicali, about 100 miles or so from me.  House shook for about a minute, water was sloshing all around the pool.  Crazy.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

I live all the way down the Baja... at Los Cabos México... didn´t feel anything here but they are talking about it on the radio.
    take care...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Critter23. Show Critter23's posts

Guys, no one on here tonight as I'm on the West Coast.  How do you guys feel the Washington-Philadelphia trade affects the Patriots?  Sounds like Washington might have been going for a qb with their first pick until the trade, so if they now go for someone else, doesn't that cut down what might be dropping to us?  On the other hand someone always does something foolish too--like the Raiders taking DHB last year.  Any comments?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

I dont mind an O heavy draft as long as we get atleast 1 OLB in the 1st 2 rds. Maybe: 22--Graham OLB/De 44--Williams WR 47--Saffold OT 53--Pitta TE 119--Tate or Blount RB
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

Guys Pouncey will be gone by pick#22
     I' ve been on LeGarrette  Blount's bandwagon since day one.
     Does anyone think Toby Gerhart runs too upright? I do and I think he will take more than his share of big hits.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : I agree, Pouncey and then the rest not close, my point was I see a bigger need at RT than I do at center or guard.  One thing I was thinking while driving 4 hours back from a short weekend trip was what if the Pats do something they seem to do often draft trenches early.  So to go with most who seem to have jump on pouncey (can't blame anyone for that), if Pouncey is the pick at 22 here's how I would like to see the rest. 22 Pouncey C/G 44 Jerry Hughes OLB 47 Alex Carrington DE 53 Ben Tate RB 119 A.J. Edds OLB (not the pass rush stud but a great LB) with the team playing more and more nickle Edds will be the LB next to mayo 6th Marcus Easley WR 6th (comp) Tony Washington OT 7th Scott Sicko TE 7th Doug Worthington DE 7th (comp) Sam Shields WR/CB/PR 7th (comp) Kelton Tindal WR/KR might be the fastest guy drafted 4.23, raw player won't lie but for a 7th he will have not pressure on him and can contribute in special teams while learning to be an NFL WR. 7th (comp) Alfonso Smith RB too much upside not to take him I was listening to a sports show and they made a very good point, with the depth of this draft UDFA will be very very active the second the draft is over so got me thinking are there really guys that will go undrafted that have a chance to get picked up and make a team so here are some names who we can hear been signed.  Including guys who actually have a chance to actually making the team. Mike Johnson ILB adds depth at the position and good special teams guy, because of coming out of a small school his name has not been heard often if at all.  Do a bit of research on him and you might be surprised to what some scouts are saying. Greg Boone TE - this is one of the first guys I sign as a FA, versatile player took direct snaps at VA Tech. 6'3 282 has soft hands and very athletic for his size.  Is ok blocker but has upside to develop into a great one. Tim Knicky OLB - School Stephen F. Austin WHO?! will not be an everydown LB but has excellent speed and rush abilities at worse he becomes a special teams guy. Kevin Alexander OLB 6'3" 265 good size and speed, can add depth A.J. Wallace CB has cover skills, averaged 19.5 yards per punt return There are a number of serviceable special team type players and some who can be considered upgrades over some of our backups, even a starter or two out there.
    Posted by Pats7393
    Pat7393 I think Pouncey is gone before our pick so I'll go with
    #22 Jahvid Best, RB, California or Demaryius Thomas, WR, Ga Tech
    #44 Jerry Hughes, OLB, TCU
    #47 Alex Carrington, DE, Ark State or Ricky Sapp,DE, Clemson
    #53 Kam Chancellor, S, Va Tech  or  Patrick Robinson, CB, Fla State
    #119 LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon
     With the rest of our picks I would  trade towards next year and pick up line depth on both sides of the ball, plus a Punter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

As far as the McNabb trade goes, now it allow Clausen to fall to 9 to the Bills, that is the big change to me. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I don't think Washington will do anything foolish in the draft this year, not with Shanahan on board. The McNabb trade could have numerous effects on us...

It's possible that the Redskins will now dump Jason Campbell, and Oakland could be a trading partner. I think Campbell is an upgrade over Russell, but he's not McNabb. So, possibly their record is .500 which still should land them somewhere in the 10-15 range, possibly higher. 

If they stay pat and go with Russell, hopefully we luck out and they really stink this year. Only time will tell.

Washington has needs other than QB, and that will have an impact on us in the draft of course. I woudl not be surprised to see them take a OL with their first pick as their offensive line is mediocre at best. So, if that occurs, you could see Pouncey taken higher than 22, which I think he will be. This just adds another player in the OL market early, which I think is going to make other teams with OL needs possibly take them higher. SOmeone on this post said there will be a run on OL, and I think it to be true.

They traded away their 2nd round pick for McNabb...I don't know what Philly's needs are and how they conflict with ours. Perhaps Philly drafts a corner at 37 given they traded Sheldon Brown, or maybe an LB?...any guesses?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Philly has a big need at Safety, OG and OT.  A secondary need at RB.  Next would be LB and CB depth. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I dont mind an O heavy draft as long as we get atleast 1 OLB in the 1st 2 rds. Maybe: 22--Graham OLB/De 44--Williams WR 47--Saffold OT 53--Pitta TE 119--Tate or Blount RB
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

I agree if Graham is there.  But what if he isn't?  Are you sold on Kindle, Sapp or Hughes at 22?  They might all be gone by 44.  Then we have Misi in the 2nd as really the only guy with the size you want.  Weatherspoon, Washington, Norwood, Gibson and Worilds would all seem too small.  Edds in the 4th is an option certainly.

Saffold lasting until even #44 is now in question.  The run on OTs will be tremendous again.  Virtually every team in the early 2nd round needs OTs or OGs and Saffold can really play any position but Center so I think seeing him at #48 is very unlikely.

Tate and Hardesty have both shot up boards and there is no way either are there at #119.  Blount could be though.  Williams and Pitta should be there where you listed them and I like them both.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : I live all the way down the Baja... at Los Cabos México... didn´t feel anything here but they are talking about it on the radio. take care...
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh

Wow, Pats fans are everywhere.  Was in Cabo a couple of years ago.  I live in Orange County and Mexicali/Calexico must be a good 100 miles as the crow flies.  It was a steady roll for about a minute.  There have been 6 aftershocks over 5.0 since.  Didn't feel any of them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Guys, no one on here tonight as I'm on the West Coast.  How do you guys feel the Washington-Philadelphia trade affects the Patriots?  Sounds like Washington might have been going for a qb with their first pick until the trade, so if they now go for someone else, doesn't that cut down what might be dropping to us?  On the other hand someone always does something foolish too--like the Raiders taking DHB last year.  Any comments?
    Posted by Critter23

It takes Washington out of play for a QB at 4 and 37.  I still see BUF going with Clausen at 9.  If they pass I think it a near certainty that either ARI or MIN would take him at the end of the first.  The dynamic changes in the 2nd though for McCoy and Tebow.  CLE at 38, OAK at 39, BUF at 41 (if they don't take Clausen at 9), DEN at 45 and CAR at 47 would be likely landing spots for these guys but don't count us out if BB really likes Tebow.

I don't see a big impact to our draft since PHI and WAS have similar needs at RB, the offensive line, Safety, etc.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Pat7393 I think Pouncey is gone before our pick so I'll go with #22 Jahvid Best, RB, California or Demaryius Thomas, WR, Ga Tech #44 Jerry Hughes, OLB, TCU #47 Alex Carrington, DE, Ark State or Ricky Sapp,DE, Clemson #53 Kam Chancellor, S, Va Tech  or  Patrick Robinson, CB, Fla State #119 LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon  With the rest of our picks I would  trade towards next year and pick up line depth on both sides of the ball, plus a Punter.
    Posted by dwhite1220

Jahvid Best is a player that intrigues me too.  I think we have to find a TE in there some where maybe we should take 1 DE type instead of 2 and 1 RB instead of 2 might make better sense.  That's also a little high for Chancellor, maybe we could trade down.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Well although I think Pouncey has the least risk to be a bust I just can't see the Pats taking him at 22.  Here's a first round mock and who will be available to us at 22, some good players left there.

1. St. Louis Rams - Sam Bradford QB
    They need to grab their QB of the future
    2. Detroit Lions - Ndamukong Suh DT
    Dominant DT will help them improve
    3. Tampa Bay Bucs Gerald McCoy DT
    Gerald McCoy DT
    4. Washington Redskins Russel Okung OT
    With DM now they need OL help to protect him
    5. Kansas City Chiefs Trent Williams OT
    can be Berry but bigger need is OT
    6. Seattle Seahawks Brian Bulaga OT 
    they traded for their future QB, need to take their LT
    7. Cleveland Browns Eric Berry S
    gives them a playmaking S 
    8. Oakland Raiders Bruce Campbell OT 
    this one is a typical Raider's pick
    9. Buffalo Bills Jason Pierre-Paul OLB 
    They will get their QB in the second or trade back late into the 1st for Tebow
    10. Jacksonville Jaguars Earl Thomas DB
    he can play S or CB
    11. Denver Broncos Dan Williams DT
    can play inside or at DE
    12. Miami Dolphins Derrick Morgan OLB
    with Porter and JT gone they bring their next pass rusher
    13. San Francisco Joe Haden CB
    Gives them a good cover CB, with the west been pass happy Haden is a must here
    14. Seattle Seahawks C.J. Spiller 
    gives them an improved version of reggie bush
    15. New York Giants Rolando McClain LB
    gets him a leader and will improve what is supposed to be a top D n the league
    16. Tennessee Titans Devin McCourty CB
    The brothers get united in Tenn. McCourty is a solid CB and should be able to help rightaway
    17. San Francisco 49ers Anthony Davis OT
    They wait to get DL and LB help in the 2nd
    18. Pittsburgh Steelers Mike Iupati OG/OT
    can play guard and some believe can move to outside on the right side.
    19. Atlanta Falcons Brandon Graham OLB
    They get a player that can play LB or DE in their system
    20. Houston Texans Kyle Wilson CB
    They need a starting CB 
    21. Cincinnati Bengals Jermaine Gresham TE
    Another weapon for CP
    Players Available: Dez Bryant, Ryan Matthews, Everson Griffen, Sergio Kindle, Sean Weatherspoon, Jared Odrick, Jerry Hughes, Golden Tate, Charles Brown, Brian Price, Maurkice Pouncey, Demaryius Thomas, Jimmy Clausen, Carlos Dunlap
    22. New England Patriots Sergio Kindle OLB
    I tried to get on the Pouncey train but think D is the need at 22, Kindle although I might have some reservations has so much athletic ability and tape to match to pass up.  Would consider Everson Griffen although his motivation is a big?
    23. Green Bay Packers Charles Brown OT
    They gave up too many sacks last season
    24. Philadelphia Eagles Maurkice Pouncey G/C
    will help any three of the inside spots, they will need it
    25. Baltimore Ravens Jared Odrick DT
    They can also use a CB but Odrick will help that aging DL
    26. Arizona Cardinals Kareem Jackson CB
    Improves their secondary
    27. Dallas Cowboys Dez Bryant WR
    JJ is not hidding his interest on Bryant
    28. San Diego Chargers Ryan Matthews RB
    They get their next LT
    29. New York Jets Demaryius Thomas WR
    I hate this move too but I don't think they pass him up another options is Golden Tate
    30. Minnesota Vikings Jimmy Clausen QB
    Even if Farve comes back they don't have the future on the team, they can't believe Clausen drops to them
    31. Indianapolis Colts Sean Weatherspoon O/ILB
    Gives them the type of player they like and a high character motivation type guy
    32. New Orleans Saints Jerry Hughes OLB
    Provides the saints with a solid LB who can play the run and rush the passer

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I heard that the Redskins have to shell out $25MM to Albert Haynesworth soon.  Would they instead dump him if they draft Suh or McCoy?  This move gets them out of cap hell for 2011 and Haynesworth is reportedly been a pain in the a## since he got there.  Shannahan isn't going to put up with it.

If I'm wrong, it would seem WAS would not be in the market for a DT.  Would we consider making a play to get up to #4 if Suh is there?  Keep in mind DET signed Kyle Vanden Bosch and they might be more interested in McCoy (some 43 teams prefer McCoy over Suh).  TB doesn't need a DT so it's possible Suh makes it to 4.  Point value at #4 is only 1800.  Washington has so many needs we could give up 22 (780), 53 (370) and our (not the OAK) 2011 first rounder to get Suh.  We could even throw in our tradeable 6-7 rounders.  I would totally do this for Suh.  The future is now.  Our OL is solid our QB isn't getting younger.  Our draft could look like this.  We would still have the Raider pick and the rest of our 2011 pick so next year's draft is still strong.

#4 (WAS) DT Ndamukong Suh
    #44 TE Rob Gronkowski
    #48 OLB Ricky Sapp
    #119 WR Emanuel Sanders
    #205 P Zoltan Mesko
    #247 FS Nick Polk
    #248 OT Will Barker (kick him inside to OG)
    #250 RB Deji Karim

Our defense would be dominant and young.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Faucet, if Graham is gone, I can see us grabbing Kindle.  Sapp to me is way too early with his knee injury history.  Hughes is also early at 22.  This is a tough one to predict.  But I feel strongly that we need atleast 1 quality OLB to replenish the vault at that spot in this draft.  It will be easier to predict our spot when we see the early picks, so that we know if there is a run on a position or not.

Part of me wonders if someone would bite on us giving 47 and 53 for their 1st out of San fran @17 Pitt @18 or Atl @19 and aim for Graham, Pouncey and in the 2nd get a WR or RB/TE and a TE/RB in the 4th

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Faucet,

I like the Suh possibility, but can't see how he gets past Tampa at #3. Tampa is in need of a DL, and rumor has it they are in love with Suh....I've seen numerous draft boards, and all list Tampa having DL need. 
    At the end of the day, I think the top spots in this draft are for sale at the right price...especially 2-4. I don't think the Pats will pay the price to move up. We've seen BB be aggressive in the past, but this would be a move of epic proportions. 
    Plus, we have needs as well, and can't see them spending that much on the #1-4 spot salary wise, where it would put the cap once reinstated in jeopardy. We would have a ton of $$$$ tied up in VW and Suh (if drafted)..and still need to address Brady & Mankins...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Suh amazing talent but I don't think they would give so much to get one guy with all the other needs.  Although he is an everydown player at DE or DT it would take atleast 3 picks to jump that high and as PL said a large rookie salary. 

There's no way Suh or Mccoy make it out of the top 5.  Only chance (2% maybe) is if Rams go QB and then Lions Bucs Redskins and Chiefs go OT, order Okung, Williams, Buluga, Davis and Campbell to the raiders at #8.

Leaves so at 6 and 7 you have seattle who can use a DT and Browns who would think hard about getting Berry or McCoy/Suh.  Don't think it will happen but if you have a run at OTs both McCoy and Suh could be availble at 6.  the seahawks biggest need is an inside guy they probably would love to get Iupati or Pouncey but not at 6, I think they might hear some trade offers but at 6 with both Suh and McCoy on the board there will be a number of bids for that spot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Faucet, I like the Suh possibility, but can't see how he gets past Tampa at #3. Tampa is in need of a DL, and rumor has it they are in love with Suh....I've seen numerous draft boards, and all list Tampa having DL need.  At the end of the day, I think the top spots in this draft are for sale at the right price...especially 2-4. I don't think the Pats will pay the price to move up. We've seen BB be aggressive in the past, but this would be a move of epic proportions.  Plus, we have needs as well, and can't see them spending that much on the #1-4 spot salary wise, where it would put the cap once reinstated in jeopardy. We would have a ton of $$$$ tied up in VW and Suh (if drafted)..and still need to address Brady & Mankins...
    Posted by PatsLifer

I think it a long shot BB would do it too.  The cap I'm not worried about.  Moss and his $10MM are coming off the books at the end of the year.  A. Thomas and his $5MM are likely coming off before the season.  If we draft a big back, Taylor and Morris could be cut clearing $3MM.  Springs should be cut clearing $2MM.  The money is there for Brady, Suh and Mankins.  Suh would have to slip to #4, any higher and it puts this out of reach.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

analysis on DLewis..our new DL...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Suh amazing talent but I don't think they would give so much to get one guy with all the other needs.  Although he is an everydown player at DE or DT it would take atleast 3 picks to jump that high and as PL said a large rookie salary.  There's no way Suh or Mccoy make it out of the top 5.  Only chance (2% maybe) is if Rams go QB and then Lions Bucs Redskins and Chiefs go OT, order Okung, Williams, Buluga, Davis and Campbell to the raiders at #8. Leaves so at 6 and 7 you have seattle who can use a DT and Browns who would think hard about getting Berry or McCoy/Suh.  Don't think it will happen but if you have a run at OTs both McCoy and Suh could be availble at 6.  the seahawks biggest need is an inside guy they probably would love to get Iupati or Pouncey but not at 6, I think they might hear some trade offers but at 6 with both Suh and McCoy on the board there will be a number of bids for that spot.
    Posted by Pats7393

I don't think we'd be giving too much up for him.  Keep in mind that the Raider pick we got for Seymour and we're keeping that one and giving up ours.  We have a full compliment of picks in 2011.  Basically that Raider pick was for losing Seymour for one year because he would have been gone now anyway, so why not use it on his replacement. 

We're using our #22 to move up so we didn't lose that pick.  All we are really losing is the lowest of our 2nds, a 6th and two 7s.  Those late picks we should part with because we have to keep the comp picks.  This would give us 8 picks in 2010 and as I showed only 7 are likely to make the 53 man team.

I agree it is not likely Suh drops to 4 but if he does I would totally do this.  Why?

1.  Because he is a special player - I think better than Seymour; a once in a decade talent. 
    2.  It is a huge area of need if we are to stay in a base 34
    3.  Next year's draft will likely be weak because of all the juniors that declared this year.
    4.  Next year's F/A crop will be huge meaning we can target a player or two next year.
    5.  Brady isn't getting any younger.
    6.  There might not be a season in 2011.

The future is NOW

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I think this guy fits a nickel package DT.  With a higher % of the D in nickel having a DT that can create a pass rush from inside is huge!.  Although no big names I've liked what the Pats have done and keep doing.

They bring in to guys cheap who can project as pass rushers, Murrel and Lewis.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

http://nwe.scout.com/2/959551.html

Good article, interesting question was asked.

They say receivers have a hard time adjusting to the nuances in the NFL. Sometimes the most talented prospects take a while to learn. Which receivers in the top 3 rounds are the most Pro Ready in your opinion?

Jeremiah: Ironically, I think one of the most polished/NFL ready WR's in this draft is from a small school. Citadel WR Andre Roberts showed at the Senior Bowl that he can beat press coverage and displayed an excellent knack for creating seperation at the break point.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Critter23. Show Critter23's posts

Faucet: I like your ideas about trading for Suh and I buy your argument that we don't lose that much trading for him; we get a top quality player and fewer quality players overall with more chance to make the team.  As you guys discuss the draft, it just seems that it will be more volatile than usual and teams better be ready to jump in at a moment's notice with a trade proposal when another team is on the clock.  The Pats seem to do their research and identify their trading partners.  I predict more shockers than usual in this draft.  I think BB and Shanahan respect each other, wasn't S invited to BB's camps last year?  Is it possible they do a trade?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Faucet: I like your ideas about trading for Suh and I buy your argument that we don't lose that much trading for him; we get a top quality player and fewer quality players overall with more chance to make the team.  As you guys discuss the draft, it just seems that it will be more volatile than usual and teams better be ready to jump in at a moment's notice with a trade proposal when another team is on the clock.  The Pats seem to do their research and identify their trading partners.  I predict more shockers than usual in this draft.  I think BB and Shanahan respect each other, wasn't S invited to BB's camps last year?  Is it possible they do a trade?
    Posted by Critter23

yes, that's right Critter.  Thanks.  Now that Shanahan is in the NFC it makes him a lot better of a trading partner. WAS just gave up their 2nd (37 overall) to get McNabb.  They are heavy on payroll with some of the big F/A signings they have done.  It seems to reason that picking at #4 would be another huge expense.  They might be a whole lot happier moving down to #22 and getting a 2nd rounder back with an additional 2011 first (ours) than staying at 4 and taking another expensive player.  I like the scenario, just don't think BB has the stones to do it.  But man, wouldn't Suh look great in a Pats uniform.  It would put us clearly back on top in the AFC east.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I like Suh as much as anyone, but just don't see him getting past 3. For some reason he slips to the Redskins at 4, I'd call Shanahan and see what could be done to move up. I still think it is a very rich trade, but I for one want quality instead of quantity. 

You guys should check out the latest mock on profootball.com ...they have the Pats drafting DThomas at 22...thought faucet & Pats would like that...not sure which one of you guys are big DThomas proponents?

Sections
Shortcuts