2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

faucet,

I like the trade with San Diego in round 1. Like low-fb-iq, I would rather take a DE with #28, than a CB, as I think there is CB depth in later rounds, and only a few DEs on the board that fit the 3-4 prototype akin to Sey. I think they are Dunlap and Odrick from a pure physical, guys that can play the 5 tech..Therefore, I would grab one of these guys at 28 with your San Diego pick, and possibly use 92 on CB depth or pick up the TE here.

I would wait until the later rounds, 4-7 to grab ILB, CB, DL depth. Use my 1st, 2nd and if we had a 3rd, to grab my DE, OLB, WR, RB.

My mock based on your trade would look like this....

#28 (from SD) Dunlap or Odrick (SD moves up to get Mathews)

#44 RB JBest
    #47 OLB Ricky Sapp

#53 WR DWilliams
    #92 (from SD) TE DPitta

#119 CB ASpievey

#190 OT Tony Washington

#205 LB Micah Johnson

#229 QB/WR Joe Webb

#231 OG Shelley Smith

#247 WR/TE Jameson Konz (referral by Edelman)

#248 DE George Johnson

#250 DT Brandon Deaderick

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6:
    In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : I haven't heard you really come out and defend some of the criticism of Kindle.  I don't have an independently informed opinion of him other than what has been said here.  Other than here I've heard a lot of positive stuff about him.  However, you are right, it would take 22 to land him otherwise I see GB, BAL and ARI possibly taking him.  However, I think we could do the SD trade and still land Odrick at 28 unless the Jets move up.  I thought Odrick looked great at the Senior Bowl.  I thought he played hard every play.  He had the luxury of playing next to Dan Williams in that game but if any credit goes to Williams making Odrick better, he's have VW with us.  Odrick at 28 would seem perfect for us and at the right spot.  Right now I'm going with Kindle at 22 or Odrick at 28.  Finding the perfect prototypical 5 technique DE is hard to do.  We are loaded with interior type guys in VW, Brace, Wright and Pryor.  I tend to agree with you on the number of picks.  There is no way we draft 12 guys.  We have to take the 4 comp picks.  I would not be surprised if we move up with one of our top 5 and make 4 picks in the first 4 rounds then trade away or package our 6th and two 7s this year or move them out until next year or use them in F/A as part of a deal to move certain problem children like Thomas.
    Posted by Faucetman

I haven't heard you really come out and defend some of the criticism of Kindle. I spoke about him on Page 131 and then again in more detail in a response to Asher on 133. I don't have an independently informed opinion of him other than what has been said here.  Other than here I've heard a lot of positive stuff about him.  However, you are right, it would take 22 to land him otherwise I see GB, BAL and ARI possibly taking him.  

However, I think we could do the SD trade and still land Odrick at 28 unless the Jets move up. Possibly but I could see Baltimore taking him also since they lost a DE in FA already I believe. I thought Odrick looked great at the Senior Bowl. I like to look at the senior bowl as a gauge as well at times. This year however be careful gauging the Dline as many of the Olinemen that attended the senior bowl were subpar and not the best ones. Okung was not there and I am not sure about Williams and the rest of the top tackles were underclassman. I thought he played hard every play.  He had the luxury of playing next to Dan Williams in that game but if any credit goes to Williams making Odrick better, he's have VW with us.  Odrick at 28 would seem perfect for us and at the right spot. 

Check out this Mayock video here talking about Odrick as the perfect 5tec guy in a 3-4 as DE.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

faucet, I like the trade with San Diego in round 1. Like low-fb-iq, I would rather take a DE with #28, than a CB, as I think there is CB depth in later rounds, and only a few DEs on the board that fit the 3-4 prototype akin to Sey. I think they are Dunlap and Odrick from a pure physical, guys that can play the 5 tech..Therefore, I would grab one of these guys at 28 with your San Diego pick, and possibly use 92 on CB depth or pick up the TE here. I would wait until the later rounds, 4-7 to grab ILB, CB, DL depth. Use my 1st, 2nd and if we had a 3rd, to grab my DE, OLB, WR, RB. My mock based on your trade would look like this.... #28 (from SD) Dunlap or Odrick (SD moves up to get Mathews) #44 RB JBest #47 OLB Ricky Sapp #53 WR DWilliams #92 (from SD) TE DPitta #119 CB ASpievey #190 OT Tony Washington #205 LB Micah Johnson #229 QB/WR Joe Webb #231 OG Shelley Smith #247 WR/TE Jameson Konz (referral by Edelman) #248 DE George Johnson #250 DT Brandon Deaderick
    Posted by PatsLifer

That would seem to be a very good draft.

Although do you know if Micah played in the game against Mississippi St cause if he did why didn't he tackle Anthony Dixon all day?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

Round 1 (pick 22)- Brandon Graham, Michigan.
    He will bring back that Willie mentality to our D which is so sorely missed.
    Round 2a 12 (44th overall)- Jerry Hughes, TCU
    This draft is going to be about our D, and thats what we need, and with his speed, sure he may be undersized for BB, but his skills make up for it, and he has a nack for always getting to the QB, it would be ridiculous not to get him.
    Round 2b 16(48th overall) Damian Williams,USC
    We have all this talk about Moss leaving next year, its time to get someone to replace him, and this kid has it all, great at routes, great hands, and blazing speed, imho best WR in draft and would be a steal to get him hear.
    Round 2b 21 (53rd overall)-Patrick Patterson,FSU
    blazing speed, could be a great KR/PR and BB loves his versital players, good with coverage, but needs to get physical, we get him here becuase we need to keep adding to our CB corps.
    Now this is just me, i know we need ppl on our O-line but i think we have other pressing issues, and O-line could be delt with either way throught draft or FA. Thoughts?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

low,

Actually, the Mississippi State game was one of his best last year...I think he recorded something like 10-13 tackles....

I don't know if he will drop as far as I have him above, but if he did, I would draft him. If not, I would look to Dexter Davis possibly in this spot as well if he slips this far. 

Out on a limb....This might sound crazy, but I would Micah Johnson to provide ILB depth, and also as a short yardage, 3rd down back. He racked up over 2500 yards and 46 touchdowns in college at the RB position. at 6'2, 250, i don't think he would have a problem picking up a yard or two for a 1st down...perhaps nuts, but perhaps plausible.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

low, Actually, the Mississippi State game was one of his best last year...I think he recorded something like 10-13 tackles.... 

OK I was just shooting from the hip because if you watch highlight film on Dixon they use a lot from the game against Kentucky and I was watching it saying wow no one is tackling this guy and I remembered Micah was on that team so that's why I asked.

I don't know if he will drop as far as I have him above, but if he did, I would draft him. If not, I would look to Dexter Davis possibly in this spot as well if he slips this far.  Out on a limb....This might sound crazy, but I would Micah Johnson to provide ILB depth, and also as a short yardage, 3rd down back. He racked up over 2500 yards and 46 touchdowns in college at the RB position. at 6'2, 250, i don't think he would have a problem picking up a yard or two for a 1st down...perhaps nuts, but perhaps plausible.
    Posted by PatsLifer

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Another 1st round trade possibility is:

ARI (26) for Kyle Wilson since GB (23), PHI (24) and BAL (25) all need CBs.

ARI has picks 89 and 90.

We get 26 and 90 and ARI gets 22 and 119.

#26 DT Jared Odrick
    #44 OLB Ricky Sapp
    #48 Trade to CHI for 2011 1st round pick*
    #53 OT Rodger Saffold
    #90 TE Jimmy Graham
    #190 TE Andrew Quarless
    #205C WR/QB Joe Webb
    #229 Trade for 2011 6th round pick
    #231 Trade for 2011 6th round pick
    #247C PBA
    #248C PBA
    #250C PBA

*Chicago has a trade the future for now mentality.  They don't have a pick until #76 and need a WR, OG, OT, etc.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

Faucet, i like it, trading for the CHI 1st round next year, most likely will be top 15, which mite help us get both ingrahm AND that peterson kid(cant remeber his name) that kid will be the next Revis, hesa beast and it makes me anxious for 2011 draft to come around

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

My first post comp pick mock, love it or hate it, it makes sense and is filled with tough, smart, productive high intensity and high character "football player" type kids:

I provided 2 options at each of their first 5 slots:

22- WR Golden Tate ND or C/OG Maurkice Pouncey Florida

44- TE Aaron Hernandez Florida or TE Rob Gronkowski Arizona

47- RB Toby Gerhart Stanford or QB Tim Tebow Florida

53- DE Alex Carrington Arkansas State or DE Tyson Alualu Cal

4th- S Myron Rolle Florida State or LB AJ Edds Iowa

6th- OLB Daniel Te'O-Nesheim Washington

6th- WR Emmanuel Sanders SMU

7th- OLB George Johnson Rutgers

7th- OT Chris Marinelli Stanford

7th- QB Sean Canfield Oregon State

7th- CB Ben Burney Colorado

7th- FB John Conner Kentucky

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Faucet, i like it, trading for the CHI 1st round next year, most likely will be top 15, which mite help us get both ingrahm AND that peterson kid(cant remeber his name) that kid will be the next Revis, hesa beast and it makes me anxious for 2011 draft to come around
    Posted by TateGroup

With 12 selections this year it makes sense to move some of them.  I know we have a lot of top needs and using pick 48 ourselves also makes perfect sense.  However, if we take care of DE and OLB as I have with the first two and take a pair of TEs later, we've covered our top needs and converted a 2nd to a 1st.  Next year is promising to be pretty good too especially at the top.  Can you imagine 3 first rounders 2 of which are CHI and OAK with a likely Rookie Salary Cap?  We can take our QB of the future (Jake Locker perhaps), a stud RB like Ingram (assuming he comes out) or Royster from Penn State.  Do you mean Patrick Peterson from LSU, yes if he come out otherwise maybe a a corrner like Ras-I Dowling who could also be the next Darrelle Revis.

We don't have a propensity to drafting RBs and WR high anyway and although we could, I like the idea of adding Saffold.  I think he could end up being as good as half of the higher OTs to be taken and better than the other half.  This will be Light's last year.  This could be Mankins last year.  I think Saffold can play LT or LG at a very high level.

With all the late picks there is ample chance to find a diamond in the rough WR to challenge Tate and Patton.  BB almost never takes a RB when he has a full roster.  Next year he may keep BJGE and part ways with the rest.  I would not rule out Mathews this year if he falls into our laps and we stay at 22. 

Thanks for the input.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

22- WR Golden Tate ND or C/OG Maurkice Pouncey Florida - can't really argue with either although you know which WR I would like with the 22nd, if Iupati is available at 22, do you still take Pouncey?
    44- TE Aaron Hernandez Florida or TE Rob Gronkowski Arizona - I don't know about Gronk, heard there are some health issues that are coming out now.  Can see his stock dropping, something to do with his spine.  Hernandez should be ok, not much of a blocker but would be a TE catching machine
    47- RB Toby Gerhart Stanford or QB Tim Tebow Florida - Oh Tebow, well I'm scared about this one don't want a 2nd round on him although he is great football player and BB said he feels if you asked to play NT he would so he could be in the radar.  Toby Gerhart, love the pick.
    53- DE Alex Carrington Arkansas State or DE Tyson Alualu Cal - preffer Alulau, think I've been high before he was really been talked about I don't know he makes it to 53.  I think Carrington is a 3rd but if they like him and not 3rd round pick this is a good spot to grab him.
    4th- S Myron Rolle Florida State or LB AJ Edds Iowa - A.J. Edds is the pick here, Rolle is a good player and would probably be the smartest player on the team but Edds brings so much to the team which is hard to pass up.
    6th- OLB Daniel Te'O-Nesheim Washington - This guy is the real thing, probably will need a year to turn into a complete LB but he has all the tools love the pick although there were a lot of teams at his pro day to evaluate him, he might be more of an early 5th or even sneak into the 4th?
    6th- WR Emmanuel Sanders SMU good slot receiver, good hands and speed.  Will be looked at to return punts same mold as Golden Tate.
    7th- OLB George Johnson Rutgers perfect height 6'4" 260+ and weight for a BB OLB, speed?  He can turn into a decent LB.
    7th- OT Chris Marinelli Stanford not crazy about this one, don't think if drafted he will make an NFL roster.  Smart player and played OG and OT at college but don't think he will get a chance. 
    7th- QB Sean Canfield Oregon State turn him into a 2nd or 3rd round pick in a few years?
    7th- CB Ben Burney Colorado - good numbers at pro day, shoulder surgery in 2008.  He can be a nice guy to have on as depth if he proves he can cover.
    7th- FB John Conner Kentucky Football player!, I actually love this pick.  Can do multiple things including catching the ball.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Demaryius Thomas-WR- PlayerMar. 24 - 1:53 am et
    NFL Network's Mike Mayock expects the Patriots to strongly consider Georgia Tech WR Demaryius Thomas (foot) if he's available at No. 22 overall.
    Mayock points to Randy Moss' age (33) and Bill Belichick's eye for on-tape talent when calling Thomas an option; the former Yellow Jacket isn't expected to work out before the draft. Thomas is a deep threat like Moss, in addition to being a pro-ready blocking wide receiver. Mayock also thinks Dez Bryant could be a Patriot if his draft stock is truly in free fall.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

We have a ton of late round picks. I say package the ones we can together and move up this year, or possibly secure 1 or 2 5th rounders for next year....

I think a lot of the guys we are listing in round 7 can be had as UDFA. I think there will be a ton of UDFA talent around once the draft ends. Be interesting to see which guys we are projecting don't get drafted and by which teams they get signed as UDFA.

Commenting on mbealieu's mock...
    1. I like Pouncey here over Tate. 
    2. I would draft DWilliams at this spot over Gronkowski
    3. Slide A Hernandez down to our 47 spot replacing Gerhart
    4. Like Alualu over Carrington...Possible here as well I like Houston.
    5. Like Edds with 4th over Rolle
    Like the balance of your 6 & 7's...although what about Dexter Davis or Micah Johnson at a 6?...would they last that long. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Demaryius Thomas -WR- Player Mar. 24 - 1:53 am et NFL Network's Mike Mayock expects the Patriots to strongly consider Georgia Tech WR Demaryius Thomas (foot) if he's available at No. 22 overall. Mayock points to Randy Moss' age (33) and Bill Belichick's eye for on-tape talent when calling Thomas an option; the former Yellow Jacket isn't expected to work out before the draft. Thomas is a deep threat like Moss, in addition to being a pro-ready blocking wide receiver. Mayock also thinks Dez Bryant could be a Patriot if his draft stock is truly in free fall.
    Posted by Pats7393

The ONLY thing , to me, that can even give this any legs at all is that I have heard that BB loves Brandon Marshall as a football player. When I look at Thomas from a physical standpoint he makes you think of Marshal.

That being said, I see nothing else from a positional value in the Patriots draft history or free agency that would lend any cred to Mayocks words. They only gave up a 3rd for Moss and seemed unwilling to give up a 2nd for Boldin. (They say it was more the contract extension so maybe it had nothing to do with the pick but still I think there is a precedent on how they value the WR position.)

Maybe that all changes this year?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Here is what is f'd up about some of these so called experts grades.

Some things don't even make sense to me.

Can someone explain to me why iupati is a 1st rounder? "potential"?

iupati gets abused by Alex Carrinton AND a few others during the senior bowl week and non of those players are going near the 1st round.

Then you see highlights of Kyle Calloway of Iowa going up against Alex Carrington and basically handling him no problem for most of the whole game apparently. Where is Colloway currently expected to go? The 4th?

Maybe it's just the engineer in me but how does a guy projected to go in the 4th easily handle a guy projected in the 3rd who in turn used a guy projected to go in the 1st like a walmart turnstyle during xmas rush?

That doesn't even have any logic to it.

Scouts please watch the game films and pay attention to who the players opponent is in head to head competition before you do your grading. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Crumpler's 12.8 career avg/rec is impressive. Pats HOFer Ben Coates, who's deserving of PFHOF consideration, had 11.2 avg in 9 yr career.

Also

Dexter McCluster improved his 40 time at his pro day, running 4.44 and 4.45.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

To guard against teams tanking at end of regular season, sked makers will try to make sure all teams play div games in last 2 weeks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Texas OLB Sergio Kindle worked out for Pats today

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

My first post comp pick mock, love it or hate it, it makes sense and is filled with tough, smart, productive high intensity and high character "football player" type kids: I provided 2 options at each of their first 5 slots: 22- WR Golden Tate ND or C/OG Maurkice Pouncey Florida 44- TE Aaron Hernandez Florida or TE Rob Gronkowski Arizona 47- RB Toby Gerhart Stanford or QB Tim Tebow Florida 53- DE Alex Carrington Arkansas State or DE Tyson Alualu Cal 4th- S Myron Rolle Florida State or LB AJ Edds Iowa 6th- OLB Daniel Te'O-Nesheim Washington 6th- WR Emmanuel Sanders SMU 7th- OLB George Johnson Rutgers 7th- OT Chris Marinelli Stanford 7th- QB Sean Canfield Oregon State 7th- CB Ben Burney Colorado 7th- FB John Conner Kentucky
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Very, very solid.  I'm not familiar with Ben Burney but the others are ones I like also.  Excellent draft.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

My first post comp pick mock, love it or hate it, it makes sense and is filled with tough, smart, productive high intensity and high character "football player" type kids: I provided 2 options at each of their first 5 slots: 22- WR Golden Tate ND or C/OG Maurkice Pouncey Florida 44- TE Aaron Hernandez Florida or TE Rob Gronkowski Arizona 47- RB Toby Gerhart Stanford or QB Tim Tebow Florida 53- DE Alex Carrington Arkansas State or DE Tyson Alualu Cal 4th- S Myron Rolle Florida State or LB AJ Edds Iowa 6th- OLB Daniel Te'O-Nesheim Washington 6th- WR Emmanuel Sanders SMU 7th- OLB George Johnson Rutgers 7th- OT Chris Marinelli Stanford 7th- QB Sean Canfield Oregon State 7th- CB Ben Burney Colorado 7th- FB John Conner Kentucky
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Not going to argue the quality of these players but I would be really disappointed if the PATS first 3 picks are all on the offensive side.  While I agree they need some help on that side of the ball, I still think the greatest need is upgrading the Defense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

patriots present and accounted for at Uconn Pro Day

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Demaryius Thomas -WR- Player Mar. 24 - 1:53 am et NFL Network's Mike Mayock expects the Patriots to strongly consider Georgia Tech WR Demaryius Thomas (foot) if he's available at No. 22 overall. Mayock points to Randy Moss' age (33) and Bill Belichick's eye for on-tape talent when calling Thomas an option; the former Yellow Jacket isn't expected to work out before the draft. Thomas is a deep threat like Moss, in addition to being a pro-ready blocking wide receiver. Mayock also thinks Dez Bryant could be a Patriot if his draft stock is truly in free fall.
    Posted by Pats7393

I saw that piece too and would be elated if BB took him.  However, we have to look at history and BB has NEVER drafted a WR high.  The most often position taken in the first round this decade and not one pick at WR for the Pats.  They have only drafted 7 WRs in 10 years under BB, three 2nds a 3rd and the rest late round picks.  I have to think Graham (if he's there) followed by Kindle and Odrick. 

On a separate note, Gresham appears headed to CIN at 21.  If Gronkowski checks out medically, he could be nice in the 2nd because he is actually a better blocker and more complete TE than Gresham.  However, there are reports out recently that suggests he has a condition (forget the name) that is a narrowing of the spinal cord.  Couple that with a back injury (not sure if they are related) and you have to be very careful.  Of the other TEs available, I'm not sure that any should have 2nd round grades as complete TEs.  I know there are some good receiving TEs but the Pats have been burned on them throughout the decade.  This makes me think we may move down and take a flyer on a kid like Jimmy Graham who BB mentioned is more athletic than other basketball conversion types he's seen.  I'd love Graham if we can get back or up in the 3rd and then take another with a late round pick.

WR depth is endless in this draft.  If not Thomas or G. Tate, I'd hold off until at least the 4th.  Damian Williams is an option in the second but USC has had some busts at the skill positions lately.

I really think the Pats with their long term vision look to bolster the front 7 on defense, add a solid OL type given the pending losses of Neal, Light and perhaps Mankins then either trade one of those 2nds into 2011 for a first or perhaps take one skill guy to provide instant offense for Brady.  I think McCluster would be considered because he does everything and BB loved Meggett.  So if we stay where we are and use all 4 premium picks I could see,

#22 Odrick
    #44 Sapp
    #48 Saffold
    #53 McCluster

Perhaps package our 4th and 6th and 7th to move up a few spots to land Roberts who I agree BB should love.  This is not a sexy draft certainly but is more in character with BB than taking a bunch of skill guys.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Very, very solid.  I'm not familiar with Ben Burney but the others are ones I like also.  Excellent draft.
    Posted by Faucetman

Thanks man!

Yeah, Burney seemed to test out well at his pro-day, was an All Big 12 honorable mention this year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

22- WR Golden Tate ND or C/OG Maurkice Pouncey Florida - can't really argue with either although you know which WR I would like with the 22nd, if Iupati is available at 22, do you still take Pouncey? 44- TE Aaron Hernandez Florida or TE Rob Gronkowski Arizona - I don't know about Gronk, heard there are some health issues that are coming out now.  Can see his stock dropping, something to do with his spine.  Hernandez should be ok, not much of a blocker but would be a TE catching machine 47- RB Toby Gerhart Stanford or QB Tim Tebow Florida - Oh Tebow, well I'm scared about this one don't want a 2nd round on him although he is great football player and BB said he feels if you asked to play NT he would so he could be in the radar.  Toby Gerhart, love the pick. 53- DE Alex Carrington Arkansas State or DE Tyson Alualu Cal - preffer Alulau, think I've been high before he was really been talked about I don't know he makes it to 53.  I think Carrington is a 3rd but if they like him and not 3rd round pick this is a good spot to grab him. 4th- S Myron Rolle Florida State or LB AJ Edds Iowa - A.J. Edds is the pick here, Rolle is a good player and would probably be the smartest player on the team but Edds brings so much to the team which is hard to pass up. 6th- OLB Daniel Te'O-Nesheim Washington - This guy is the real thing, probably will need a year to turn into a complete LB but he has all the tools love the pick although there were a lot of teams at his pro day to evaluate him, he might be more of an early 5th or even sneak into the 4th? 6th- WR Emmanuel Sanders SMU good slot receiver, good hands and speed.  Will be looked at to return punts same mold as Golden Tate. 7th- OLB George Johnson Rutgers perfect height 6'4" 260+ and weight for a BB OLB, speed?  He can turn into a decent LB. 7th- OT Chris Marinelli Stanford not crazy about this one, don't think if drafted he will make an NFL roster.  Smart player and played OG and OT at college but don't think he will get a chance.  7th- QB Sean Canfield Oregon State turn him into a 2nd or 3rd round pick in a few years? 7th- CB Ben Burney Colorado - good numbers at pro day, shoulder surgery in 2008.  He can be a nice guy to have on as depth if he proves he can cover. 7th- FB John Conner Kentucky Football player!, I actually love this pick.  Can do multiple things including catching the ball.
    Posted by Pats7393

22- WR Golden Tate ND or C/OG Maurkice Pouncey Florida - can't really argue with either although you know which WR I would like with the 22nd, if Iupati is available at 22, do you still take Pouncey?   Yes, I take Pouncey.  I like his ability to play all three interior positions at a high level. 
    44- TE Aaron Hernandez Florida or TE Rob Gronkowski Arizona - I don't know about Gronk, heard there are some health issues that are coming out now.  Can see his stock dropping, something to do with his spine.  Hernandez should be ok, not much of a blocker but would be a TE catching machine I don’t disagree about Gronkowski, he makes sense from a dual threat perspective, but the injury history is a concern.
    47- RB Toby Gerhart Stanford or QB Tim Tebow Florida - Oh Tebow, well I'm scared about this one don't want a 2nd round on him although he is great football player and BB said he feels if you asked to play NT he would so he could be in the radar.  Toby Gerhart, love the pick. Yes, Tebow isn’t the most popular pick, but he makes sense on so many levels.
    53- DE Alex Carrington Arkansas State or DE Tyson Alualu Cal - preffer Alulau, think I've been high before he was really been talked about I don't know he makes it to 53.  I think Carrington is a 3rd but if they like him and not 3rd round pick this is a good spot to grab him. Carrington may be better suited to play the 5-tech and has the height/length that BB prefers.  I love Alualu though.

4th- S Myron Rolle Florida State or LB AJ Edds Iowa - A.J. Edds is the pick here, Rolle is a good player and would probably be the smartest player on the team but Edds brings so much to the team which is hard to pass up. I’d take either, but do love Edds’ versatility and ability in coverage. 
    6th- OLB Daniel Te'O-Nesheim Washington - This guy is the real thing, probably will need a year to turn into a complete LB but he has all the tools love the pick although there were a lot of teams at his pro day to evaluate him, he might be more of an early 5th or even sneak into the 4th? I agree, kid definitely intrigues me.  Yes, he stock is rising so he they may have to grab in an earlier round. 

6th- WR Emmanuel Sanders SMU good slot receiver, good hands and speed.  Will be looked at to return punts same mold as Golden Tate.
    7th- OLB George Johnson Rutgers perfect height 6'4" 260+ and weight for a BB OLB, speed?  He can turn into a decent LB. 4.79 40 (1.65 10), 4.57 short shuttle and 6.95 3-cone, 29@225 at his pro day.  Good size an intangables, but that 4.57 shows that he’s slow in his COD skills so I may remove him as an option at 3-4 OLB.
    7th- OT Chris Marinelli Stanford not crazy about this one, don't think if drafted he will make an NFL roster.  Smart player and played OG and OT at college but don't think he will get a chance.Tough, smart and durable kid.  I’d love to see him get a shot. 

7th- QB Sean Canfield Oregon State turn him into a 2nd or 3rd round pick in a few years? Based on their history, that’s not out of the question. 
    7th- CB Ben Burney Colorado - good numbers at pro day, shoulder surgery in 2008.  He can be a nice guy to have on as depth if he proves he can cover.

7th- FB John Conner Kentucky Football player!, I actually love this pick.  Can do multiple things including catching the ball.