2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : While I don't think this will happen, I will play along for convo sake. The defense would certainly be instantly upgraded, that's for sure thoguh I doubt Hughes makes it to 44.  Roberts and Moeaki would provide some good depth and potential instant production on offense and I love the Meier pick late.  Konz is an intriguing athlete and I'd rather see them go OT late vs. taking another guard.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

What about Kohz, I have to be honest I had heard his name but not bothered to look him up.  He sounds like a candidate the Patriots would love, can do just about anything and loves the game.  I would look at him late, I'm sure Edelman can give them all they need to know about the kid.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Not mb but here's what I think, not as fast as i would like but fast enough to play as a #2 maybe develops into a #1 with time.  Looks as if game speed doesn't match 40 time, for the better he plays faster which to me is more important than 40 in shorts.  Has excellent hands, can go across the middle extends for the ball.  Saw a few SC games and saw him get some WR screens and make some players miss. Character is not a concern, he actually established a bible study at USC take that for what you want.  Health might be a slight concern, both shoulders have been operated on but that was in 2007 and only missed time once after for any shoulder related issues. Good size I like the pick mid to late 2nd, I think he has all the tools to be a very solid #2.  Because of the style of offense he played in I think he should have a better transition to been a pro WR than others.
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]
    Great post Pats, and look at that, all that upside and talent and hes rated as the 5th WR in the draft. which is rediculious, i really hope we get this kid, i love Williams and Tate in this draft id be thrilled to get either. and Damian in my opinion is much better than Thomas and at times looks faster the Bryant and it relly conserns me why hes soo underated, but its good bcus it gives us a better chance to get him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I actually love the idea of moving up into this years draft and getting the 8th pick. If that happens, this really could be a historic draft!

Here's who I would select with the first 4 picks:

Morgan 
    Pouncey
    Alualu
    Roberts

Those guys would fill so many vital holes. 

[QUOTE]What do you all think?  link below to where I got this mock with trade scenario.  I don't think this is a dream scenario, close but not there.  http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2009/12/2010-dream-patriots-draft.html Let's get on to our dream scenario... also check out the Patriots 2010 Draft Picks page. Round 1: 8th Overall Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama Giving the Raiders their 1st round pick in 2011 plus #47 this year lands the #8 pick for the Patriots. McClain would be an instant starter at the SILB position, having played there under Nick Saban. Moving Jerod Mayo to WILB would allow him to make more plays. Round 1: 22nd Overall Jared Odrick, DL, Penn State We went into great detail about our love for Odrick , but we're hoping now that he makes it to the 22nd spot, as many teams are interested in the former Nittany Lion's services. Round 2: 44th Overall Jerry Hughes , DE/OLB, TCU Hughes is an incredibly gifted athlete that is still learning the defensive side of the ball. He has the natural ability to play 3-4 OLB, 4-3 DE, and even play some SILB with some development. Doesn't have the motor/strength issues that Kindle has nor the injury issues that Ricky Sapp has. Round 2: 53rd Overall Andre Roberts , WR, Citadel Roberts is an incredibly talented receiver that is fearless going over the middle. He runs solid routes and has a very nice 2nd gear. Tom Brady will love this guy immediately, as he reminds us of Deion Branch at his best. Round 4: Tony Moeaki , TE, Iowa Classic NFL TE with great in-line blocking skills and good receiving skills. Should go higher, but hasn't been very durable at Iowa (wrist/head). We feel that he is the best TE in the draft for the Patriots when healthy. With Ben Watson and Chris Baker gone, Moeaki would be a great fit. Round 6: Syd'Quan Thompson, CB, California With Leigh Bodden resigned, corner is less of a need. However, the nickel CB position is still a place that the Patriots can improve on. (Wilhite/Wheatley) Thompson is very physical, even with his small size, and has lots of experience in the slot. Can really lay a guy out in run support. Round 6: (Compensatory) Danny Batten, OLB, SDSU Would be gunning to be a special-teams star in the mold of Larry Izzo, with the added benefit of developing into a rotational LB. Always a great guy to have around. Round 7: Mike Brandtner , P, Iowa State While a punter might not be a sexy pick, they can be useful. Brandtner is great inside the 20 and kicks the ball well in directional situations. Round 7: Jameson Konz, ATH, Kent State The Patriots hit big with an athlete from Kent State last year, Konz is a workout superstar that could develop into at least a special-teams demon. Round 7: (Compensatory) Dace Richardson, OG, Iowa Lumbering big man that has solid technique and a good understanding of pro-blocking due to his time with Kirk Ferentz. Round 7: (Compensatory) Tim Hiller, QB, Western Michigan Backup caliber quarterback with a decent arm. Good touch on deep balls and solid decision-making. Round 7: (Compensatory) Kerry Meier, ATH, Kansas Meier is a former QB that can play FB/H-Back/WR and probably a few others. Just a good football player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Great post Pats, and look at that, all that upside and talent and hes rated as the 5th WR in the draft. which is rediculious, i really hope we get this kid, i love Williams and Tate in this draft id be thrilled to get either. and Damian in my opinion is much better than Thomas and at times looks faster the Bryant and it relly conserns me why hes soo underated, but its good bcus it gives us a better chance to get him
    Posted by TateGroup[/QUOTE]

Thomas vs Williams, hmm well I think you are right but only as an immediate impact guy as far as long term upside Thomas hands down is the better prospect.  Williams is a kid who can come in (or at least I think he can) and be a solid WR his rookie year where Thomas will need a year or two get to a #1 or #2 starting WR. 
    Williams I don't think will be a #1 but Thomas once learns how to run routes has it all to be a #1.  Although I had mocked Thomas at 22 I think if the team picks Roberts in the 2nd and Easley in the 6th those two will provide depth at WR and one will become a #2 option for the Pats.  Both Roberts and Easley also can help out in return duties.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : faucet, why r u so high on this kid? he comes out of a spread offence and has no route running skills what so ever, havent seen him in months due to the foot injury so u know that toughness would be an issue, best WR in this daft is Damian Williams, hes got blazing speed, great hands great routes, and go over the middle hes got it all and people dont seem to see that...
    The reasons I'm high on Demaryius Thomas I've stated before.  First he is a big, tall, physical WR that runs in the 4.3s.  He was extremely productive at GTECH without a throwing QB.  He's got the speed to break away and take it to the house.  He's got the physical size and athletic ability to beat the press and win jump balls.

What makes you think he has no route running skills?  Just because he played in a triple option offense and there isn't tape of him running the route tree doesn't mean he can't.  The problem is he broke his foot so we aren't able to evaluate anything but his tape.  The break was clean and is not expected to be a problem and he'll be ready by mini camp.

I don't think we'll take him at #22 based on higher needs and the fact BB has never drafted a WR in the first round.  I also don't think he lasts to #44 but if he does because teams have the same concerns as you, I'd be all over him there because his upside is huge.  The other reason I like him is because this is likely Moss's last year.  We should find a guy with a similar skill set to give us a tall deep threat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : The reasons I'm high on Demaryius Thomas I've stated before.  First he is a big, tall, physical WR that runs in the 4.3s.  He was extremely productive at GTECH without a throwing QB.  He's got the speed to break away and take it to the house.  He's got the physical size and athletic ability to beat the press and win jump balls. What makes you think he has no route running skills?  Just because he played in a triple option offense and there isn't tape of him running the route tree doesn't mean he can't.  The problem is he broke his foot so we aren't able to evaluate anything but his tape.  The break was clean and is not expected to be a problem and he'll be ready by mini camp. I don't think we'll take him at #22 based on higher needs and the fact BB has never drafted a WR in the first round.  I also don't think he lasts to #44 but if he does because teams have the same concerns as you, I'd be all over him there because his upside is huge.  The other reason I like him is because this is likely Moss's last year.  We should find a guy with a similar skill set to give us a tall deep threat.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]
    how is he physical??? i have watched many GT games being an FSU fan and i have hardley ever seen him win the fight for a ball. so basically u just want him as a vertical threat and nothing else... well guess what Williams has that and more hes a hybrid of welker and moss combined, he can take the ball away from defenders, run over safties, speed to outrun defences, u got the wrong idea about this Thomas kid

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : The reasons I'm high on Demaryius Thomas I've stated before.  First he is a big, tall, physical WR that runs in the 4.3s.  He was extremely productive at GTECH without a throwing QB.  He's got the speed to break away and take it to the house.  He's got the physical size and athletic ability to beat the press and win jump balls. What makes you think he has no route running skills?  Just because he played in a triple option offense and there isn't tape of him running the route tree doesn't mean he can't.  The problem is he broke his foot so we aren't able to evaluate anything but his tape.  The break was clean and is not expected to be a problem and he'll be ready by mini camp. I don't think we'll take him at #22 based on higher needs and the fact BB has never drafted a WR in the first round.  I also don't think he lasts to #44 but if he does because teams have the same concerns as you, I'd be all over him there because his upside is huge.  The other reason I like him is because this is likely Moss's last year.  We should find a guy with a similar skill set to give us a tall deep threat.

Reason i say he needs (don't know about anyone else) to improve route running is because watching him he does not come out of breaks clean.  Guys that tall are not supposed to have the agility a guy like WW has but also showing where you are going to Ds at the pro level will get you in trouble.

He is a great athlete and has it all to be a WR the likes of (oh boy getting my self in trouble here) Andre Johnson or Miles Austin but Thomas has some work to do. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Round 1: 8th Overall
    Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama
    Giving the Raiders their 1st round pick in 2011 plus #47 this year lands the #8 pick for the Patriots. McClain would be an instant starter at the SILB position, having played there under Nick Saban. Moving Jerod Mayo to WILB would allow him to make more plays.

Pats, respectfully, not even the Raiders are dumb enough to do this.  You can't get #8 overall for a future #1 (which should be a later pick) and a 2nd.  You'd have to include #22 in this deal to move up that far.  I wouldn't do it for McClain.  If he didn't have Crohn's Disease and our biggest need was at ILB, I might consider it but I still wouldn't do it.

I'd rather move up a few spots to ensure I got Brandon Graham.  He is now my #1 target for the following reasons.

#1.  We've added all the pieces for a solid 43 or Nickel Defense.  The missing ingredient is a pass rushing 43 End that may be able to stay in at OLB in 34 sets.

#2.  TBC is good, but not great and there is no depth behind him.

#3.  OLB is our biggest need area on Defense with Thomas likely leaving.  Graham most likely fills this need.

#4.  The price to move up to say #17 ahead of PIT is not prohibitive.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Reason i say he needs (don't know about anyone else) to improve route running is because watching him he does not come out of breaks clean.  Guys that tall are not supposed to have the agility a guy like WW has but also showing where you are going to Ds at the pro level will get you in trouble. He is a great athlete and has it all to be a WR the likes of (oh boy getting my self in trouble here) Andre Johnson or Miles Austin but Thomas has some work to do. 
    Thomas shouldnt be rated the #2 reciever in this draft.. its bull crap mel kiper got his facts wrong and needs to get contacts... ok ok size and speed but u need more than that.. he will have a tought time transitioning to the pros

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]Round 1: 8th Overall Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama Giving the Raiders their 1st round pick in 2011 plus #47 this year lands the #8 pick for the Patriots. McClain would be an instant starter at the SILB position, having played there under Nick Saban. Moving Jerod Mayo to WILB would allow him to make more plays. Pats, respectfully, not even the Raiders are dumb enough to do this.  You can't get #8 overall for a future #1 (which should be a later pick) and a 2nd.  You'd have to include #22 in this deal to move up that far.  I wouldn't do it for McClain.  If he didn't have Crohn's Disease and our biggest need was at ILB, I might consider it but I still wouldn't do it. I'd rather move up a few spots to ensure I got Brandon Graham.  He is now my #1 target for the following reasons. #1.  We've added all the pieces for a solid 43 or Nickel Defense.  The missing ingredient is a pass rushing 43 End that may be able to stay in at OLB in 34 sets. #2.  TBC is good, but not great and there is no depth behind him. #3.  OLB is our biggest need area on Defense with Thomas likely leaving.  Graham most likely fills this need. #4.  The price to move up to say #17 ahead of PIT is not prohibitive.

Not my mock, interesting one though.  I agree although I believe McClain can play inside or out but I am concerned about the Crohns issues.  I too would be on board to move up and get Graham but would have to be before Atlanta but not if it costs a second round pick so not sure what they could package to move up. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

[QUOTE]What do you all think?  link below to where I got this mock with trade scenario.  I don't think this is a dream scenario, close but not there.  http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2009/12/2010-dream-patriots-draft.html Let's get on to our dream scenario... also check out the Patriots 2010 Draft Picks page. Round 1: 8th Overall Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama Giving the Raiders their 1st round pick in 2011 plus #47 this year lands the #8 pick for the Patriots. McClain would be an instant starter at the SILB position, having played there under Nick Saban. Moving Jerod Mayo to WILB would allow him to make more plays. Round 1: 22nd Overall Jared Odrick, DL, Penn State We went into great detail about our love for Odrick , but we're hoping now that he makes it to the 22nd spot, as many teams are interested in the former Nittany Lion's services. Round 2: 44th Overall Jerry Hughes , DE/OLB, TCU Hughes is an incredibly gifted athlete that is still learning the defensive side of the ball. He has the natural ability to play 3-4 OLB, 4-3 DE, and even play some SILB with some development. Doesn't have the motor/strength issues that Kindle has nor the injury issues that Ricky Sapp has. Round 2: 53rd Overall Andre Roberts , WR, Citadel Roberts is an incredibly talented receiver that is fearless going over the middle. He runs solid routes and has a very nice 2nd gear. Tom Brady will love this guy immediately, as he reminds us of Deion Branch at his best. Round 4: Tony Moeaki , TE, Iowa Classic NFL TE with great in-line blocking skills and good receiving skills. Should go higher, but hasn't been very durable at Iowa (wrist/head). We feel that he is the best TE in the draft for the Patriots when healthy. With Ben Watson and Chris Baker gone, Moeaki would be a great fit. Round 6: Syd'Quan Thompson, CB, California With Leigh Bodden resigned, corner is less of a need. However, the nickel CB position is still a place that the Patriots can improve on. (Wilhite/Wheatley) Thompson is very physical, even with his small size, and has lots of experience in the slot. Can really lay a guy out in run support. Round 6: (Compensatory) Danny Batten, OLB, SDSU Would be gunning to be a special-teams star in the mold of Larry Izzo, with the added benefit of developing into a rotational LB. Always a great guy to have around. Round 7: Mike Brandtner , P, Iowa State While a punter might not be a sexy pick, they can be useful. Brandtner is great inside the 20 and kicks the ball well in directional situations. Round 7: Jameson Konz, ATH, Kent State The Patriots hit big with an athlete from Kent State last year, Konz is a workout superstar that could develop into at least a special-teams demon. Round 7: (Compensatory) Dace Richardson, OG, Iowa Lumbering big man that has solid technique and a good understanding of pro-blocking due to his time with Kirk Ferentz. Round 7: (Compensatory) Tim Hiller, QB, Western Michigan Backup caliber quarterback with a decent arm. Good touch on deep balls and solid decision-making. Round 7: (Compensatory) Kerry Meier, ATH, Kansas Meier is a former QB that can play FB/H-Back/WR and probably a few others. Just a good football player.

That is for sure a great mock for us... Maybe to good to be true.
    I hope the patriots go up in the first round and get McClain like you´ve predicted at #8. I don´t know if Odrick will be there at #22 if he´s not, what about swap down to get a late second & Draft Hughes at #30, that seems more like the place for him.

#8  R. McClain
    #30 J. Hughes
    #44 The best CB
    #53 WR plenty to choose from
    #60 Hernandez TE

The only thing i hope for sure is the patriots to be agressive on draft days !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]mbeaulieu, going back to our discussion on this years WR, do u have any thoughts on Damian Williams? i think this kids going to do big things and i want to know wat u think because you seem to know ur info about the draft and id love if u shared ur opinion on him

Tate,
    Thanks, I think Williams projects as a potential #2 receiver at the NFL level.  From everything I've read on him, he appears to run good routes, catch the football consistently, will work the middle of the field and has some ability to create after the catch.  I've also read a few reports that question his toughness and physicality as a player which would concern me as he simply won't be able to out-athlete DB's at the NFL level as he appears to possess only average speed and explosion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : What about Kohz, I have to be honest I had heard his name but not bothered to look him up.  He sounds like a candidate the Patriots would love, can do just about anything and loves the game.  I would look at him late, I'm sure Edelman can give them all they need to know about the kid.

Yes, appears to be a great athlete, the problem or maybe the fun part would be figuring out where he fits.  You have to wonder why a kid as athletic as he is couldn't find a consitent home at the college level.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I already wrote something about this on this board back when that rumor first circulated.

If they did that I would rather have Trent Williams at #8.

CB in the 6th round is a waste since a heavy heavy percentage of starting CB's were taken in the 1st 2 rounds in drafts. It's not one of those positions you find someone late. It happens but not the best position for it by any means. The CB class has turned out to be considered a very good class not deep.

If they have a grade on a player like alualu close enough to odrick then take your CB at #22 and alualu at #44. Or even a guy later since the DL class is deep but not great. Big difference. I have no problem taking Odrick at #22 either since I was one of the ones who initiated the importance of the DE hole.

Roberts seems high at that pick even with being a big fan. They are kind of stuck though so depends how much they like him. If at all. You have to take him there if you want him because he isn't lasting until your 4th. However, IF you think he lasts close to your fourth you can take a pass rusher or RB here then try and package up your 6 and 2 7ths to move up as much as possible to try and get Roberts earlier in the fourth or later 3rd. If they have grades on Blair white or Riley Cooper or whom ever that are similar to Roberts then it doesn't even matter because they won't reach. Wouldn't we all love to have a look at the Patriots value board post draft. Even one from years past, just once.

There are a number of guys they can go with at TE so I don' think they need to chase anyone based on how they use the position historically. One kid I like late that no one really talks about is the kid from Wisconsin. Garrett Graham I think his name is. He plays much faster on film then his 40 time and he can play TE and fullback, when they want to use one. Similar to what they had Dave Thomas doing before trading him.

Can't believe they don't have the Pats taking a RB at least with one of those late picks for youth if nothing else. The Bell or Starks kids might slide a lil bit later for 2 examples.

Also very surprised they don't have them following the Tully Banta-Cain route this year considering this draft has an overwhelming amount of DE/OLB projection types compared to most years with a good dozen or so players that fit the perceived Patriots size speed requirements they want for the OLB spot. Most are also mid to late round guys.

I will be posting this list to my website later today with the DE/OLB players broken down into two groups of ideal size and not. Mighty Mites not meeting the requirements and possible ILB prospects instead of DE/OLB's and those that do meet the requirements separated by college position they played, DE or OLB.

We all know the punter position is a need and special teams are important BUT unless a punter they have worked out absolutely blows them away I am not sure they use a pick on one.

In the end I am not sure that rumor has any validity.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

You know looking at all the mock drafts from the so called experts, I have come to  realise there is one thing I am sure of... none of them have a clue what Belichick is going to do in round one.

Studying trends doesn't work with him, looking at biggest team need doesn't work with him, he doesn't have a pet position he likes to draft early with 3 DT's, 2 TE's, 2 DB's, and 1 RB, OL, LB all being positions he has taken in the first round since 2000.  You might be able to make a case for he drafts whoever he has at the top of his board when it is time for him to pick regardless of position as long as it is a position that could need upgrading. For instance he won't draft a QB just because he is on top of his board and he happens to be there. 

Because of his unpredictability I think that is the best way to do a mock draft coupled with team need and likely availability including ability to move around in a draft. That is why I say they trade up, But I say for CJ Spiller or a lesser possibility is Pierre-Paul. 

Now I know the Mocks are based on everyone staying put and in that situation I say the Patriots take a DE... which one I would say Morgan as he is likely to be available at #22.  I keep seeing Mathews would be available early in round two but others say he is gone to SD... if he is there in early round two and we went defense in round one that is a guy that is worth trading up for even if we had to use a first round pick from 2011. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]I actually love the idea of moving up into this years draft and getting the 8th pick. If that happens, this really could be a historic draft! Here's who I would select with the first 4 picks: Morgan  Pouncey Alualu Roberts Those guys would fill so many vital holes.  In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]

Those are certainly all considered very solid players.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

CB in the 6th round is a waste since a heavy heavy percentage of starting CB's were taken in the 1st 2 rounds in drafts. It's not one of those positions you find someone late. It happens but not the best position for it by any means. The CB class has turned out to be considered a very good class not deep.
    I agree with you, now if that player is looked at as a very good return player then drafting him regardless of what position he plays but drafting him to be a returner then I understand the pick.  What do you think about a 7th on Sam Shields?
    If they have a grade on a player like alualu close enough to odrick then take your CB at #22 and alualu at #44. Or even a guy later since the DL class is deep but not great. Big difference. I have no problem taking Odrick at #22 either since I was one of the ones who initiated the importance of the DE hole.
    Also agree, although I have Odrick ranked higher Alualu is not far behind which makes it then a value against another position where you would have a big difference in ranking, CB as you point out.
    Roberts seems high at that pick even with being a big fan. They are kind of stuck though so depends how much they like him. If at all. You have to take him there if you want him because he isn't lasting until your 4th. However, IF you think he lasts close to your fourth you can take a pass rusher or RB here then try and package up your 6 and 2 7ths to move up as much as possible to try and get Roberts earlier in the fourth or later 3rd. If they have grades on Blair white or Riley Cooper or whom ever that are similar to Roberts then it doesn't even matter because they won't reach. Wouldn't we all love to have a look at the Patriots value board post draft. Even one from years past, just once.
    I think it might be known I'm extremely high on Roberts and do not mind the pick.  I don't know if gets deep into the third.
    There are a number of guys they can go with at TE so I don' think they need to chase anyone based how how they use the position historically. One kid I like late that no one really talks about is the kid from Wisconsin. Garrett Graham I think his name is. He plays much faster on film then his 40 time and he can play TE and fullback, when they want to use one. Similar to what they had Dave Thomas doing before trading him.
    Give you a name which I've been bringing up, Scott Sicko TE UNH.  This is deep draft based on that I don't think you see a TE until late.
    Can't believe they don't have the Pats taking a RB at least with one of those late picks for youth if nothing else. The Bell or Starks kids might slide a lil bit later for 2 examples.
    Couldn't agree more, I think they take a RB in the 2nd Gerhart, Tate, Best one of those there's also a RB Alfonso Smith who I think can help and develop into good option for the Pats, he is projected as a UDFA or 7th.
    Also very surprised they don't have them following the Tully Banta-Cain route this year considering this draft has an overwhelming amount of DE/OLB projection types compared to most years with a good dozen or so players that fit the perceived Patriots size speed requirements they want for the OLB spot. Most are also mid to late round guys.
    Two players who are the height you want 6'4" and both bring a nice set of skill both right now are projected as 4th rounders.  If one is not picked at 22 I would wait until the 4th trade for a 2nd pick inthe 4th and pick both A.J. Edds and Daniel TeoNesheim.
    I will be posting this list to my website later today with the DE/OLB players broken down into two groups of ideal size and not. Mighty Mites not meeting the requirements and possible ILB prospects instead of DE/OLB's and those that do meet the requirements separated by college position they played, DE or OLB.

We all know the punter position is a need and special teams are important BUT unless a punter they have worked out absolutely blows them away I am not sure they use a pick on one.
    Punter UDFA or last Comp pick in the 7th.
    In the end I am not sure that rumor has any validity.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : how is he physical??? i have watched many GT games being an FSU fan and i have hardley ever seen him win the fight for a ball. so basically u just want him as a vertical threat and nothing else... well guess what Williams has that and more hes a hybrid of welker and moss combined, he can take the ball away from defenders, run over safties, speed to outrun defences, u got the wrong idea about this Thomas kid

Yes I want him as a vertical threat.  What, you don't think replacing Moss is important?  Are you really telling me Williams with his 4.52 speed is going to stretch the field?  He's a possession receiver, and there is nothing wrong with that, but he is not vertical threat.  I'd rather get a possession WR at #119 like a Roberts or Shipley.  Don't under estimate the importance of what Moss does commanding double teams, pulling over safety help opening up the middle and gets you that home run almost once a game.  If Thomas is there at #44 you bet I'd take him.  Coaching doesn't stop once you enter the pros; that's where it begins.  You can't coach being 6-3, 224, with 4.38 speed.  You CAN coach route running.

Williams won't out run anyone with 4.52 speed.  Heck Guyton is faster than him.  Edelman is faster than him and every CB and S on our roster is faster than Williams.  In fact if we drafted Williams, he'd be our slowest WR.  I'm not knocking the player but he isn't better than Thomas and his ceiling is far lower.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I've got to think it will come down between Odrick or Kindle at #22.  I'm kind of torn between them because we signed Lewis the need has lessened on the DL and there is so much DL depth and with 6 quality guys it would be hard to add there.

Kindle has bust potential but the position is greatly needed.  I think Graham goes to the Steelers and while I would think we could get up to 17 with our frequent trading partner, SF, I don't know that we would.  If PIT goes with Pouncey (another huge need and a smarter move) then Graham could still go to ATL or CIN.  If he goes to CIN, that drops Gresham to us and I think he'd have to be our choice there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrustBill. Show TrustBill's posts

[QUOTE]I've got to think it will come down between Odrick or Kindle at #22.  I'm kind of torn between them because we signed Lewis the need has lessened on the DL and there is so much DL depth and with 6 quality guys it would be hard to add there. Kindle has bust potential but the position is greatly needed.  I think Graham goes to the Steelers and while I would think we could get up to 17 with our frequent trading partner, SF, I don't know that we would.  If PIT goes with Pouncey (another huge need and a smarter move) then Graham could still go to ATL or CIN.  If he goes to CIN, that drops Gresham to us and I think he'd have to be our choice there.

Hi, Faucetman:

I think Jerry Hughes is the equal to Brandon Graham.  If Graham is gone, Hughes should be a solid option. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

trustbill, hughes is good, but Graham is better at disengaging OL and has more great film.  Hughes worries me a little because he reminds me of Q Groves that we were all high on a draft or so ago and who bombed so far. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

new mock up on national football post if anyone is interested

Mock Draft: 5.0 | National Football Post http://bit.ly/cRQUqX

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]new mock up on national football post if anyone is interested Mock Draft: 5.0 | National Football Post http://bit.ly/cRQUqX
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

I want some of what they are having!

7. Cleveland Browns: Jared Odrick, DL, Penn State
    The Browns need a five-technique DE in the worst way, and in my opinion, Odrick is a better overall prospect than Tyson Jackson, who went three to the Chiefs last season.

and

9. Buffalo Bills: Tim Tebow, QB, Florida
    The Bills need to put fans in the seats and have had nothing but glowing remarks about Tebow and his leadership capabilities. In what could be the real surprise of the first round, Buffalo opts for Tebow at nine.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Hi, Faucetman: I think Jerry Hughes is the equal to Brandon Graham.  If Graham is gone, Hughes should be a solid option. 
    Posted by TrustBill[/QUOTE]

If that is true then I don't like Graham as much as everyone else. I have not watched film yet on graham cause i am not expecting him to be there.

I have seen plenty of highlight film on Hughes and a couple of full games. He's everything people say he is with regards to his first step and to a lesser extent his pass rushing ability in general.

imo however I have a few concerns.

1) major concern about his ability to hold up at the point of attack. One on one he's so-so. A second blocker gets into him and he goes flying backwards. This is consistently the case everytime I see him play. The OLB is responsible for setting the edge in the 3-4 and forcing everything back inside and at worst for stringing the play out to the sideline. To me Hughes never did this consistently in college and it will be even less likely he can do it at the same level or better in the pros.

2) 90% of all his pass rush highlights he wins on pure speed by taking a wide arcing approach that takes him way out past the QB and then comes back at the QB from behind. First I am not sure he gets away with that in the pros as often as he did in college. 2nd if he takes such a wide angle in the pros consistently I think you could really take advantage of him if you have mobile QB or draws etc.
    I prefer the 10% where he starts with the wide arc and switches half way to bull rush using the tackles momentum against himself and does not give up pocket containment.

The guy is really quick and is also relentless. He made a number of plays on film from the backside but no one bothered to even chip him. He has good motor and will chase plays down all over but it really bothers me how he can get completely blown up at the point of attack.

My concerns do not mean I would not take him. I just am not keen on him as a 1st round pick because I don't think he'd be 7 rounds better of a player than TBC is in this Patriots system.

There are about a half dozen other mighty mites with the same measurables and speed as Hughes that they could get later as well. I have not had a chance to check out everyones film so I do not know how I would compare them but I am interested to to that.

Just my opinion.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : I want some of what they are having! 7. Cleveland Browns: Jared Odrick, DL, Penn State The Browns need a five-technique DE in the worst way, and in my opinion, Odrick is a better overall prospect than Tyson Jackson, who went three to the Chiefs last season. and 9. Buffalo Bills: Tim Tebow, QB, Florida The Bills need to put fans in the seats and have had nothing but glowing remarks about Tebow and his leadership capabilities. In what could be the real surprise of the first round, Buffalo opts for Tebow at nine.

I did not even check the mock myself yet but the Cleveland rumor is the strongest rumor going around right now.