2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

Pats,

I think there is a chance Wilson and/or McCourty drop to 22. probably more likely one or the other. Houston needs both safety and CB help, so it depends in part I think what happens with Earl Thomas, Berry, Mays, Haden above 22. 
    I think if Earl Thomas slips to 22, he's Houston's man. Which might push one of the CB's down to us.

Looking above us at 22....Here are the teams that need secondary help...CB/S
    Cleveland
    Miami
    San Fran
    Tennessee
    Pittsburgh
    Houston
    Cincinnati

Possibly more...but these are the ones that stand out to me...
    I don't think all these teams will be drafting CB/S in round 1...likely given drafting position is Cleveland (Eric Berry), San Fran (Haden/Wilson..don't know how they have them on their board), Pitt (Wilson I think), Houston (Earl Thomas), 
    Cincinnati (?)...
    So i think it depends on part what Cincinnati does...I think McCourty could drop to us at 22...I think that is a real possibility...Would you take him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6:

That's a convincing argument but I just can't see it happening at #22 and it seems a long term payoff and a guy who could also be a complete bust. I don't know if I'd even want to take that chance with one of our extremely valuable 2nd rounders in this draft.  

Maybe our 4th rounder but most likely he'll be gone before then.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : That's a convincing argument but I just can't see it happening at #22 and it seems a long term payoff and a guy who could also be a complete bust. I don't know if I'd even want to take that chance with one of our extremely valuable 2nd rounders in this draft.   Maybe our 4th rounder but most likely he'll be gone before then.
    Posted by unclealfie

I do agree that there is plenty of risk, though I'd be more prone to take a chance/risk on a kid like Tebow than a kid like Dunlap.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Pats, I think there is a chance Wilson and/or McCourty drop to 22. probably more likely one or the other. Houston needs both safety and CB help, so it depends in part I think what happens with Earl Thomas, Berry, Mays, Haden above 22.  I think if Earl Thomas slips to 22, he's Houston's man. Which might push one of the CB's down to us. Looking above us at 22....Here are the teams that need secondary help...CB/S Cleveland Miami San Fran Tennessee Pittsburgh Houston Cincinnati Possibly more...but these are the ones that stand out to me... I don't think all these teams will be drafting CB/S in round 1...likely given drafting position is Cleveland (Eric Berry), San Fran (Haden/Wilson..don't know how they have them on their board), Pitt (Wilson I think), Houston (Earl Thomas),  Cincinnati (?)... So i think it depends on part what Cincinnati does...I think McCourty could drop to us at 22...I think that is a real possibility...Would you take him?
    Posted by PatsLifer

This is not football related or much of a stat evaluation, McCorty's brother already plays for TN.  They need some publicity, they have secondary needs and McCorty is a 1st round talent.  Could they want the twin brother?  IMO he's value is ok to be taken in the late teens, maybe a bit early but he's stock has been on the rise since the combine.  Devin (2010 draft) is a much more talented player than his brother (Jason TN), if they liked what they saw from a 6th round pick (jason) they probably feel good about taking his much more gifted brother.  Again this is not a football evaluation but how much attention will TN get with twin brothers playing CB in the same team? 

With that been said it I had the choice of McCorty and Wilson I take Wilson.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/21/sports/ncaafootball/21rutgers.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : zb, I miss you man.  We had some great exchanges over the years.  Good to see you back.  Now, where the heck is 53Men?  Sean, where are you man?
    Posted by Faucetman

Faucet, I've been here all along. MB has done a great job running the thread this season, and I have been overwhelmed with work. They are whipping me like a colombian donkey here at LSU.

When the draft starts to heat up, I'll be here more.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gazzzmann. Show gazzzmann's posts

Tebow may not make it past pick 10 as its rumored that both Buffalo (9) and Jax (10) have interest in him. 
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Seems even rookies (Myron Pryor) saw the lack of effort given by some players, he makes it plural so there are a few guys who are probably getting cut.  If this 6th rounder saw that I'm sure the coaching staff will get rid of these guys.

As you look ahead, what are your goals for the year?
    “My top goal is to make it on the team. Second is to be the healthiest, most-in-shape that I can be, because I want to make the best impression for the second year. My third one is focused on team chemistry. I want the team to feel like a team. I’m not saying any names, but I feel like guys didn’t always come together. Some guys, when we did come together, I thought we played helluva ball. That’s the third goal -- you saw half the guys ready, and the other half ... we need that team chemistry. It’s not just from a personal goal, but an overall team goal, because I care about my teammates.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4677071/myron-pryor-eyes-improvement-in-10

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

My ONLY issue with this logic is that in using your identical logic the Patriots can wait another year.

They could use the same similar philosophy in using Oakland's pick to possibly land one of the top three QB's expected to be available in next years draft.

All three are held in higher esteem as a "QB" than Tebow at this point in development.

They could still resign Brady AND take their time. Also, and this is important... 

They can take their time while not having a backup QB contract be an anchor on them against the eventual new salary cap as they most likely would be drafting that QB in a new more cap friendly slotting system.

Now perhaps I am VERY wrong on this and a high 1st round pick in a slotted system will still be the same or move even then a 2nd round contract in an uncapped year??? Someone enlighten me as I have no idea really.

Brady would be yet another year older so less time you have to drag out the eventual succession and potential awkwardness.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I just got up, wow, what was I drinking last night, lol? 

I still think, however, that the Pats may take Tebow at #22 if the other players they covet are gone and they can't trade down.  I understand all the love for Brady, he's worth the $18-20MM, not questioning that.  I think the Pats will try to lock him up for the rest of his career 3-4 years, but I'm not certain it will get done now because of the uncertain labor situation.  So, I think the back up plan is to tag Brady in 2011 and pay the $14-15MM, whatever it is. 

Brady turns 33 before this season starts so he will be 34 before the 2011 season.  This brings us to 2012.  Do we still want to extend Brady at $18-20MM when he's 35?  I think not.  If Brady is still playing at a high level we go ahead and tag him again and he earns 20% more than his 2011 tag which would be about $18MM.  Heading into 2013 season Brady is now 36.  I truly think that will be it either as a starter or in New England.  As much as it pains me, I can see him playing a few more years in SF or OAK or somewhere close to home.

So, given the above, it is not a bad idea to draft Tebow (EVEN AT 22) if BB believes Tebow will become an elite QB.  There is every reason to believe that Tebow will succeed and play at a high level.  He has all the intangibles, he's a proven winner on a pretty big stage already.  You give him 2-3 years to study under Tom Brady in our system how can anyone suggest Tebow will be a bust?  I'm not betting against him.  In the short term, we work him into the offense as an H back, or Wildcat or just let him close out games when we are up big.  There is no pressure, he'll have the best teachers in TB and BB and time to further develop.  Good things come to those that work hard and Tebow is that kind of kid.

We all know we should carry 3 QBs and Hoyer isn't Brady's future replacement.  Again if BB believes in Tebow, I think he takes him.  I don't see Tebow getting out of the first round with teams like ARI and MIN at the bottom of the round who won't get another crack at him.  Especially MIN with a pretty darn good roster, they can afford to spend a late first on their future QB.  But if Tebow does get out of the first, he's quickly taken by low picking 2nd round teams like CLE or BUF assuming they pass on Clausen (who looked good yesterday).

I stand by my prediction (AGAIN, THIS ISN'T WHAT I'D DO) so Critter and you others who are building summer homes in Maine (I lived there for 30 years, BTW), faucets are on me if I'm wrong.  I hope I am wrong.

Okay, I've finished my sermon for the day - where did I put my Motrin?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I think you're right.  I've made this argument before too but last night after watching NFL Network and hearing Mayock again sing Tebow's praises, I again had the vision of him becoming a Patriot.  It is logical for all the reasons you stated 210 days ago.  If it happens, I think it happens at #22, I really do.  Can me crazy and stupid but I won't be the one making the pick, just the prediction.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : I think you're right.  I've made this argument before too but last night after watching NFL Network and hearing Mayock again sing Tebow's praises, I again had the vision of him becoming a Patriot.  It is logical for all the reasons you stated 210 days ago.  If it happens, I think it happens at #22, I really do.  Can me crazy and stupid but I won't be the one making the pick, just the prediction.
    Posted by Faucetman

Does this mean nobody thinks Hoyer can be the QB of the future?  They must think highly of him for him to be the only other QB in the roster specially when you consider last year TB was coming off such a major injury.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I really don't understand all the hype regarding Tebow. Why is he even close to worth the #22 pick? What quarterbacking skills does he have that makes you think he can take over for Brady at some point? Is it that article that says he's a better quarterback than Peyton Manning at this point in his career? If you just want to use numbers, Kliff Kingsbury would be the best NFL prospect a couple of years back.

I just doubt Tebow has the upside to be a good NFL player. He was perfect fit for college, which makes it easier to be a leader. He's not going to be a leader as a back up QB. You earn leadership by playing. Maybe he has the potential to grow as a leader, but he won't enter as one on the Patriots.

Please give me some tangible skills why Tebow should be a first round pick. For instance, Graham has the ability to get to the QB while D Thomas would be able to stretch the field. What would Tebow bring? I would argue physically he has no plus physical attributes as a QB, and I would stay away from him. I would be very disappointed if they took Tebow in any round. Less publicized guys like Cassel and Hoyer are out there in this draft, and they are certainly more talented QB prospects that Tebow. 

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : I think you're right.  I've made this argument before too but last night after watching NFL Network and hearing Mayock again sing Tebow's praises, I again had the vision of him becoming a Patriot.  It is logical for all the reasons you stated 210 days ago.  If it happens, I think it happens at #22, I really do.  Can me crazy and stupid but I won't be the one making the pick, just the prediction.
    Posted by Faucetman

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Seems even rookies (Myron Pryor) saw the lack of effort given by some players, he makes it plural so there are a few guys who are probably getting cut.  If this 6th rounder saw that I'm sure the coaching staff will get rid of these guys. As you look ahead, what are your goals for the year? “My top goal is to make it on the team. Second is to be the healthiest, most-in-shape that I can be, because I want to make the best impression for the second year. My third one is focused on team chemistry. I want the team to feel like a team. I’m not saying any names, but I feel like guys didn’t always come together. Some guys, when we did come together, I thought we played helluva ball. That’s the third goal -- you saw half the guys ready, and the other half ... we need that team chemistry. It’s not just from a personal goal, but an overall team goal, because I care about my teammates.” http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4677071/myron-pryor-eyes-improvement-in-10
    Posted by Pats7393

Holy crap, Pryor said this? This chemistry thing must be worse than I thought in that locker room. A new guy coming out and saying that is really surprising and telling to me.

If I had to guess who the trouble guys he was talking about I'd have to say; merriweather, adalios thomas, guyton, burgess, mcgowan. Maybe more, maybe less. Something needs to be done. Hope we get some high character guys in the draft to build off of. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

And I believe Brady plays until he can't walk. I think he'll play as long as Brett Favre, without all the annoying stunts. I also think he'll take a cap friendly deal just like he did 6 years ago. 

Guys like Brady are rare. More rare than a successful college QB from Florida college who is being hyped greater than his talent (Tebow, Wuerfull, Dorsey, Weinke). Please realize how special Brady is, before he gets PO'ed about how his fans are looking to find Brady 2.0 in a guy who has a goofy motion, isn't accurate, and will need at least two years to develop. 

I just got up, wow, what was I drinking last night, lol?  I still think, however, that the Pats may take Tebow at #22 if the other players they covet are gone and they can't trade down.  I understand all the love for Brady, he's worth the $18-20MM, not questioning that.  I think the Pats will try to lock him up for the rest of his career 3-4 years, but I'm not certain it will get done now because of the uncertain labor situation.  So, I think the back up plan is to tag Brady in 2011 and pay the $14-15MM, whatever it is.  Brady turns 33 before this season starts so he will be 34 before the 2011 season.  This brings us to 2012.  Do we still want to extend Brady at $18-20MM when he's 35?  I think not.  If Brady is still playing at a high level we go ahead and tag him again and he earns 20% more than his 2011 tag which would be about $18MM.  Heading into 2013 season Brady is now 36.  I truly think that will be it either as a starter or in New England.  As much as it pains me, I can see him playing a few more years in SF or OAK or somewhere close to home. So, given the above, it is not a bad idea to draft Tebow (EVEN AT 22) if BB believes Tebow will become an elite QB.  There is every reason to believe that Tebow will succeed and play at a high level.  He has all the intangibles, he's a proven winner on a pretty big stage already.  You give him 2-3 years to study under Tom Brady in our system how can anyone suggest Tebow will be a bust?  I'm not betting against him.  In the short term, we work him into the offense as an H back, or Wildcat or just let him close out games when we are up big.  There is no pressure, he'll have the best teachers in TB and BB and time to further develop.  Good things come to those that work hard and Tebow is that kind of kid. We all know we should carry 3 QBs and Hoyer isn't Brady's future replacement.  Again if BB believes in Tebow, I think he takes him.  I don't see Tebow getting out of the first round with teams like ARI and MIN at the bottom of the round who won't get another crack at him.  Especially MIN with a pretty darn good roster, they can afford to spend a late first on their future QB.  But if Tebow does get out of the first, he's quickly taken by low picking 2nd round teams like CLE or BUF assuming they pass on Clausen (who looked good yesterday). I stand by my prediction (AGAIN, THIS ISN'T WHAT I'D DO) so Critter and you others who are building summer homes in Maine (I lived there for 30 years, BTW), faucets are on me if I'm wrong.  I hope I am wrong. Okay, I've finished my sermon for the day - where did I put my Motrin?
    Posted by Faucetman

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Is there anyway Wilson drops to 22?  I don't think there's any way specially with Houston sitting at 20 but anyone see a scenario he does?   Only one I can think off is if Haden falls to TN and Houston goes with McCorty over Wilson but that's a lot of ifs.
    Posted by Pats7393

Houston also loves Mathews.  I think SF takes a CB with one of their two firsts, likely Haden if JAX doesn't take him.  Yes, I could see Wilson slipping to us if Houston takes Mathews.  If Houston takes Wilson instead that slips Mathews to us and he's a player I would strongly consider at #22.

Don't we need to address RB in this draft?  Seriously, with 3 RBs over 33 (2 of which own timeshares at Mass General) and all 5 having contracts that expire after 2010.  If Mathews is there at #22 how can we pass on him?  He's got the size, speed, and hands to be a featured back.  I don't see Maroney getting a new contract based on his performance to date.  I'd rather take Mathews than Tebow!!  RBs are usually the most ready to come in and contribute right away so why not?

However, SD is also rumored to be in love with Mathews.  They want to come out of 28 and 40 with a DT and future franchise back.  There are plenty of DTs available with 23 drafteable ones in this draft.  SD really needs a NT so they will probably take Cody at 40, so they need to move up for Mathews.  The cost to do so is their 3rd round pick, #92.  Since we don't have a 3rd, we gladly move down to 28.

I would not be shocked if we took Devin McCourty at #28 if we moved down.  He would make an immediate impact on special teams and I could see him competing with Butler, Wheatley and Wilhite.  Springs is likely cut so there will be an opening there.  This would not be a bad scenario.

#28 CB/KR Devin McCourty
    #44 TE Rob Gronkowski
    #48 OLB Koa Misi
    #53 RB Ben Tate
    #92 ILB Brandon Spikes
    #119 WR Andre Roberts

We have 6 quality DTs, all assured of making the roster.  I think we add a couple in the late rounds but there is no replacement for Seymour in this draft and Odrick I don't believe is even as good as Warren.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Holy crap, Pryor said this? This chemistry thing must be worse than I thought in that locker room. A new guy coming out and saying that is really surprising and telling to me. If I had to guess who the trouble guys he was talking about I'd have to say; merriweather, adalios thomas, guyton, burgess, mcgowan. Maybe more, maybe less. Something needs to be done. Hope we get some high character guys in the draft to build off of. 
    Posted by mthurl

Wow.  I too am surprised by the comments but hey, great.  Pryor sounds like a leader and we were missing those last year.  Obviously "Adios" Thomas and McGowan seem to be cancers.  Didn't Butler exhibit some issues too?  I hadn't heard that Meriweather and Guyton were trouble.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Holy crap, Pryor said this? This chemistry thing must be worse than I thought in that locker room. A new guy coming out and saying that is really surprising and telling to me. If I had to guess who the trouble guys he was talking about I'd have to say; merriweather, adalios thomas, guyton, burgess, mcgowan. Maybe more, maybe less. Something needs to be done. Hope we get some high character guys in the draft to build off of. 
    Posted by mthurl

Pryor is a good guy, I absolutely hope we get rid of those bums.  They all know who they are and Pryor did a good job calling them out.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Wow.  I too am surprised by the comments but hey, great.  Pryor sounds like a leader and we were missing those last year.  Obviously "Adios" Thomas and McGowan seem to be cancers.  Didn't Butler exhibit some issues too?  I hadn't heard that Meriweather and Guyton were trouble.
    Posted by Faucetman

I think Meri was just a lack of concern after people scored on him and the team.  Although guys always say forget that play get the next I don't think they mean after you get burned just go off the field laughing and joking. 

I am very happy to see a 6th round rookie call people out, I'm sure they know who he was referring to.  I think Corvin will fix some of the problems with the secondary attitude, IMO that's what he was brought in for.  Teach those guys how to play the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Houston also loves Mathews.  I think SF takes a CB with one of their two firsts, likely Haden if JAX doesn't take him.  Yes, I could see Wilson slipping to us if Houston takes Mathews.  If Houston takes Wilson instead that slips Mathews to us and he's a player I would strongly consider at #22. Don't we need to address RB in this draft?  Seriously, with 3 RBs over 33 (2 of which own timeshares at Mass General) and all 5 having contracts that expire after 2010.  If Mathews is there at #22 how can we pass on him?  He's got the size, speed, and hands to be a featured back.  I don't see Maroney getting a new contract based on his performance to date.  I'd rather take Mathews than Tebow!!  RBs are usually the most ready to come in and contribute right away so why not? However, SD is also rumored to be in love with Mathews.  They want to come out of 28 and 40 with a DT and future franchise back.  There are plenty of DTs available with 23 drafteable ones in this draft.  SD really needs a NT so they will probably take Cody at 40, so they need to move up for Mathews.  The cost to do so is their 3rd round pick, #92.  Since we don't have a 3rd, we gladly move down to 28. I would not be shocked if we took Devin McCourty at #28 if we moved down.  He would make an immediate impact on special teams and I could see him competing with Butler, Wheatley and Wilhite.  Springs is likely cut so there will be an opening there.  This would not be a bad scenario. #28 CB/KR Devin McCourty #44 TE Rob Gronkowski #48 OLB Koa Misi #53 RB Ben Tate #92 ILB Brandon Spikes #119 WR Andre Roberts We have 6 quality DTs, all assured of making the roster.  I think we add a couple in the late rounds but there is no replacement for Seymour in this draft and Odrick I don't believe is even as good as Warren.  
    Posted by Faucetman

I strongly disagree with taking a corner.  We have Leigh Bodden locked up long term and I feel we should give Butler another year or two before we take a corner in the 1st two rounds again.  Last year was different since we really didn't have any corners locked up long term.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

You could be right. If they pick him at 22 and you hear a loud thud noise....That's me landing on my patio, after I've thrown myself off my roof. HaHaHa!

Oh god please don't let this happen, this is the type of move Belicheck loves to make. A value play for the future, but what about right now? We need players all over the place.

I know this sounds crazy, but I go all in and move up for Suh. He's that good and would make this defense better right away. To me he's better than Seymore was coming out of Georgia and is a perfect fit for this team. You can't have one dominant lineman (Wilfork) and expect to win deep in the playoffs. This team used to have 4 to 5 outstanding guys up front; Seymore, wilfork, warren, McGinest.

Warren is someone who I don't count on anymore to make plays, Seymore is gone, no one that has the skill set of McGinest or Vrabel for that matter. It's been alot of smoke and mirrors the past couple of years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : I strongly disagree with taking a corner.  We have Leigh Bodden locked up long term and I feel we should give Butler another year or two before we take a corner in the 1st two rounds again.  Last year was different since we really didn't have any corners locked up long term.
    Posted by titletownfan

You need to have more than two corners, with WRs getting bigger stronger and faster you can have guys in a team who are 4th in the depth chart but really have #2 type ability.  You need to have CBs who can stay with those guys.  I don't have a warm fuzzy going into the season with Bodden Butler and then who? The Ws? Springs? yes with an improved pass rush our secondary is better but you need those two guys can't cover 4 or 5 guys at a time if teams spread them out.

I think it should be a priority, adding a solid CB like Wilson or McCorty even some of the guys in the 2nd should be considered and one drafted.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : I think Meri was just a lack of concern after people scored on him and the team.  Although guys always say forget that play get the next I don't think they mean after you get burned just go off the field laughing and joking.  I am very happy to see a 6th round rookie call people out, I'm sure they know who he was referring to.  I think Corvin will fix some of the problems with the secondary attitude, IMO that's what he was brought in for.  Teach those guys how to play the game.
    Posted by Pats7393

I went to a couple of games this year and I was shocked at how both Merriweather and Guyton acted between plays during commercial breaks on the field. The two of them danced and bee bopped to the stadium music right up until the play started. You'd think two pretty inexperienced players would be trying to concentrate on how the defense should be lined up or how the offense was shifting, rather than looking like you're at a night club in the middle of a nfl game. My wife, who had never been to a game before thought it was funny and cool how these two were clowning around. Like, look at them, they're having such a good time. Then the ball was snapped...Pass goes right over Guytons head and Merriweather misses the tackle, first down!  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I really don't understand all the hype regarding Tebow. Why is he even close to worth the #22 pick? What quarterbacking skills does he have that makes you think he can take over for Brady at some point? Is it that article that says he's a better quarterback than Peyton Manning at this point in his career? If you just want to use numbers, Kliff Kingsbury would be the best NFL prospect a couple of years back. I just doubt Tebow has the upside to be a good NFL player. He was perfect fit for college, which makes it easier to be a leader. He's not going to be a leader as a back up QB. You earn leadership by playing. Maybe he has the potential to grow as a leader, but he won't enter as one on the Patriots. Please give me some tangible skills why Tebow should be a first round pick. For instance, Graham has the ability to get to the QB while D Thomas would be able to stretch the field. What would Tebow bring? I would argue physically he has no plus physical attributes as a QB, and I would stay away from him. I would be very disappointed if they took Tebow in any round. Less publicized guys like Cassel and Hoyer are out there in this draft, and they are certainly more talented QB prospects that Tebow.  In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

Everyone said Doug Flutie was too short to be an NFL quarterback too.  Physically, Tebow is a much better athlete than Brady.  Tebow runs a 4.7 40, has a 38-1/2 vertical.  What did Brady do at the Combine, anyone remember?

At the 2000 N.F.L. scouting combine, Brady ran the 40 in 5.23 seconds, recorded a vertical jump of 24 ½ inches and saw a column of quarterbacks leap ahead of him on teams’ draft lists.

Tebow needs to work on his throwing motion, his footwork when under center, 3, 5, 7 step drops, and his reads.  These are all correctable especially when you work your butt off and have time to learn.  I'm not advocating we take him, I'm saying we might if BB believes he can't extend Brady more than 3 years and if he believes Tebow will be successful.  Don't be shocked if we take him, I won't be.  Disappointed, yes, but not shocked.

You are acting like Tebow is a bum because a few idiots knocked his throwing motion, which by all accounts improved dramatically at his pro day.  Let's look at his accomplishments.

National Champion Tim Tebow was the first college football player to both rush and pass for twenty or more touchdowns in a single season and was the first college sophomore to win the Heisman.  As a college sophomore during the 2007 season, he became the Gators' starting quarterback and broke the SEC records for both rushing touchdowns and total touchdowns accounted for in a single season.  In addition to winning the Heisman Trophy, he also earned the Maxwell Award as the nation's top football player becoming the only player in history to win the award TWICE, the Davey O'Brien Award as the nation's best quarterback, and the James E. Sullivan Award as the nation's most outstanding amateur athlete in any sport.

College awards and honors

2006 season

2007 season

Walter Camp Foundation National Offensive Player of the Week[71]

2008 season

2009 season

You're right rockdog, Tebow's a bum and will be a bust in the NFL.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I'm not discounting his COLLEGE accomplishments. What were Matt Cassel's college accomplishments? Why did they draft Cassel? Because he has a big, strong armed quarterback who they thought they could develop. HE HAD THE NATURAL TOOLS SO THEY TOOK A SHOT. I content that Tebow doesn't have the natural tools. He's a freakin qb and he doesn't throw the ball well. Brady had a great motion coming out of Michigan, but he needed to improve his strength. He had incredible pocket presence, which is a tough thing to scout. Tebow has neither.

Tebow is not from a NFL system. Alex Smith sure make a good transition from Meyer's offense to the NFL. Maybe Meyer's offense naturally make college QB's look good. On no, Tebow is different because he has heart. I mean, this guy is William Wallace. Single handedly wins all the big games while showing his teammates the way to a better life.

You guys are exhibiting herd mentality. This is how stock market bubbles happen. People get overenthusiastic about something (be it an NFL prospect or a market) and people lose sight of the fundamental value of something. Tebow was anywhere from round 2-6, now he's looking round 1. What happened:

1) Belichick dinner
    2) McShay gets a hard-on for Tebow because Tebow talked with him on his pro0day. McShay reported that he showed some improvement but still exhibited bad habits while running.
    3) Dmitroff spoke highly of Tebow.
    4) Tebow's dad thinks he'll go top 15.

I don't think any of this hype changes the fact Tebow doesn't have the arm or accuracy of an NFL QB. And, all this talk about how Tebow will work his butt off to improve makes me wonder why he waited until after the Senior Bowl to fix his flawed motion. Hmmmm. 

He may run a 4.7, but it looked like he was running in mud at the senior bowl. And don't think he'll be a good runner in the NFL. He doesn't seems too quick or shifty, and he's not going to outrun anyone with a 4.7. I'd rather have a QB who has a good pocket presence. I

Faucet, I'm not trying to be an a $$ but I really don't see Tebow developing. I may be wrong, but I feel strongly about this. I'm willing to bet $$ that this guy turns into nothing (meaning he won't be an NFL starter in 3 years). How much does a faucet installation cost? I'll bet you that $$ that he won't be a starting NFL qb in three or 4 years. 

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Everyone said Doug Flutie was too short to be an NFL quarterback too.  Physically, Tebow is a much better athlete than Brady.  Tebow runs a 4.7 40, has a 38-1/2 vertical.  What did Brady do at the Combine, anyone remember? At the 2000 N.F.L. scouting combine, Brady ran the 40 in 5.23 seconds, recorded a vertical jump of 24 ½ inches and saw a column of quarterbacks leap ahead of him on teams’ draft lists. Tebow needs to work on his throwing motion, his footwork when under center, 3, 5, 7 step drops, and his reads.  These are all correctable especially when you work your butt off and have time to learn.  I'm not advocating we take him, I'm saying we might if BB believes he can't extend Brady more than 3 years and if he believes Tebow will be successful.  Don't be shocked if we take him, I won't be.  Disappointed, yes, but not shocked. You are acting like Tebow is a bum because a few idiots knocked his throwing motion, which by all accounts improved dramatically at his pro day.  Let's look at his accomplishments. National Champion Tim Tebow was the first college football player to both rush and pass for twenty or more touchdowns in a single season and was the first college sophomore to win the Heisman.  As a college sophomore during the 2007 season, he became the Gators' starting quarterback and broke the SEC records for both rushing touchdowns and total touchdowns accounted for in a single season.  In addition to winning the Heisman Trophy, he also earned the Maxwell Award as the nation's top football player becoming the only player in history to win the award TWICE, the Davey O'Brien Award as the nation's best quarterback, and the James E. Sullivan Award as the nation's most outstanding amateur athlete in any sport. College awards and honors 2006 season SEC All-Freshman Team [ 69 ] SEC Freshman of the Week [ 70 ] 2007 season Walter Camp Foundation National Offensive Player of the Week [ 71 ] Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Week, three times [ 72 ] [ 73 ] [ 74 ] Davey O'Brien Award winner [ 75 ] Heisman Trophy winner Maxwell Award winner [ 75 ] Walter Camp Award finalist [ 76 ] Sporting News Player of the Year Harley Award winner NCAA QB of the Year [ 77 ] ESPN The Magazine Academic All-American football team [ 78 ] Manning Award finalist [ 78 ] Rivals.com National Offensive Player of the Year [ 79 ] Rivals.com SEC Offensive Player of the Year [ 80 ] First-team All-SEC ( Associated Press , [ 81 ] Coaches, [ 82 ] Rivals.com [ 80 ] ) Associated Press SEC Offensive Player of the Year [ 81 ] Associated Press Player of the Year [ 83 ] First-team All-American by: Associated Press , Football Writers Association of America , Walter Camp Football Foundation , Sporting News , Sports Illustrated , ESPN , CBS Sports , College Football News , Rivals.com , and Scout.com James E. Sullivan Award , awarded to the Nations top amateur athlete [ 84 ] Roy F. Kramer SEC Male Athlete of the Year. [ 85 ] Third Florida Gator to win this award, Danny Wuerffel (won twice) and Ryan Lochte . ESPY for Best Male College Athlete [ 86 ] 2008 season First-team All-America by College Football News . Disney Spirit Award [ 87 ] ESPY for Best Male College Athlete Heisman Trophy finalist Manning Award winner Maxwell Award winner Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Week [ 88 ] 2008 SEC Championship Game Most Valuable Player First-team All-SEC (AP, [ 89 ] Coaches, [ 90 ] Rivals.com [ 91 ] ) Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Year Southeastern Conference Scholar-Athlete of the Year [ 92 ] Wuerffel Trophy winner 2009 season William V. Campbell Trophy (formerly the Vincent dePaul Draddy Trophy, "The Academic Heisman") winner Lowe's Senior CLASS Award Heisman Trophy finalist First-team All-SEC (AP, [ 93 ] Coaches, [ 94 ] Rivals.com [ 95 ] ) Second-team All-America ( Walter Camp Foundation ) Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Year You're right rockdog, Tebow's a bum and will be a bust in the NFL.
    Posted by Faucetman

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : I strongly disagree with taking a corner.  We have Leigh Bodden locked up long term and I feel we should give Butler another year or two before we take a corner in the 1st two rounds again.  Last year was different since we really didn't have any corners locked up long term.
    Posted by titletownfan

It isn't Leigh Bodden I'm worried about.  It's the 3 clowns on the other side.  McCourty would make an immediate impact on Special Teams, an area that was weak last year and will be this year without Welker unless we do something.  If we don't get McCourty, I'd be happy with McCluster.

Sections
Shortcuts