2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

Here's My Mock ( 3rd or 4th )
    Faucetman, In regards to Dunlap,I would pass,too many question marks.In years past Patroits could've taken a chance but not now.I think this years draft sets us up for the next 4-6 years with core players.Anyways...
    As our current draft order goes,( I'm sure this will change also)
    #22 CB, Devin McCourty
    #44 TE, Rob Gronkowski
    #47 DE, Alex Carrington
    #53 DE/OLB/SIB, Eric Norwood    or
          LB, Brandon Spikes
    #119 RB, LeGarrette Blount

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6:
    In regards to Dunlap,--From a pure talent perspctive, I have no problems.  From a mental side, I have concerns.  I guess it would depend on BBs scouts interview, not that we get to see that. 
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

Moderate Risk/High Reward player.  I look back on when I was 20.  I did some pretty stupid things back then.  Obviously I wasn't a player anywhere close to his caliber on such a big national stage.  Who knows why he got smashed that night and passed out in his car?  Maybe his girlfriend dumped him or his uncle died.  Rest assured BB got the story from Meyer, Tebow and Dunlap himself. 

Based on the below, I'd drop #44 on him for sure, maybe even 22.  If I could find a way to trade down 22 perhaps for KC's 36 and 69 maybe throw in Thomas for free.  The below scouting report, especially the parts I highlighted in blue make me think the risk is worth it.

Defensive lineman Carlos Dunlap (6-5 3/4 279) ran 4.66 and 4.61 in the 40, had a 9-4 broad jump and completed 22 bench press repetitions of 225 pounds. He kept all his other results from the combine.

Blessed with a rare combination of size, strength and speed -- Dunlap has drawn comparisons to former No. 1 overall selections Julius Peppers and Mario Williams -- Dunlap appeared capable of challenging to be the top pick in the draft based on his production in the SEC.

The first-team all-conference selection had nine sacks in 2009, including two against Cincinnati in the Sugar Bowl blowout, a solid follow-up to his sophomore season in which he posted 9.5 sacks en route to All-American and BCS Championship defensive MVP honors. With Tim Tebow, Brandon Spikes, Joe Haden and potentially even Urban Meyer moving on, Dunlap chose to enter the draft after his junior season. He left ranked 10th in Gator history with 19.5 sacks despite only starting 15 games over his career.

An arrest for DUI only days before the SEC Championship game, however, clouds Dunlap's status. Scouts are giving Dunlap a high grade due to his unique frame and versatility, but his alcohol-related arrest, and the timing and details of that event, might give some teams pause before adding Dunlap.

While coach Urban Meyer called the incident way out of character and went to bat for Dunlap, others close to the Florida program have questioned his maturity. Was arrested and charged with a DUI after being found by police passed out behind the wheel at an intersection on Dec. 1 -- four days before Florida was to play Alabama for the SEC Championship. Was suspended for the game, which the Gators lost 32-13. Despite his hype and production, entered his junior season with only two career starts. Named the Defensive MVP of the 2009 BCS Championship victory over Oklahoma with four tackles, 1.5 tackles for loss, a blocked field goal and half a sack.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Here's My Mock ( 3rd or 4th ) Faucetman, In regards to Dunlap,I would pass,too many question marks.In years past Patroits could've taken a chance but not now.I think this years draft sets us up for the next 4-6 years with core players.Anyways... As our current draft order goes,( I'm sure this will change also) #22 CB, Devin McCourty #44 TE, Rob Gronkowski #47 DE, Alex Carrington #53 DE/OLB/SIB, Eric Norwood    or       LB, Brandon Spikes #119 RB, LeGarrette Blount
    Posted by dwhite1220

Blount has more question marks IMO than Dunlap.  I've seen people drop him to the 200 range on their board.  Spikes might be too slow to make it in the NFL and he had the eye gouging incident.  Dunlap got smashed one night and passed out in his car.  The kid was only 20.  He gets suspended for one game (Blount for the whole regular season) then Dunlap comes back plays his heart out and is named Co Defensive MVP of the BCS Championship Game.

What I'm saying is it will come down to whether or not BB is comfortable with and understands why something like this would happen.  His buddy Urban Meyer going to bat for him will go a long way.  You don't often find top 5 talent at 22 and certainly not 44.  Dunlap at either spot represents terrific value at a position of greatest need - pass rusher.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrustBill. Show TrustBill's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Before he started to slide and I had watched tape on him I thought he would be taken by us at #22. Where are you playing him? People say DE but I was always thinking OLB. He's taller and weighs the same as Willie McGinest and ran an unoffical 4.6 40 at his Pro Day. I don't see why he can't play OLB and the Patriots generally like their DE's closer to 300 LBs. My only issue with him is he doesn't chase anyone or rarely does is more accurate. He has the measureables and pretty good speed too. He has the sack production that can be argued is in line with either Hughes and Kindle.  Again, I am assuming Graham is long gone by #22 and that's why I am not talking about him.  However, when you look at tackles both solo and assist Dunlap falls way off the pace of both Hughes and Kindle. I have no problem taking him at #44 or earlier in the 2nd via trade. Just depends if they think they can get the 2nd effort from him.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

I have been beating the drums for Dunlap from day one. I am glad that Faucetman stated the case convincingly. I think he can help both positions of OLB and DE. Suppose we draft Dunlap, Linval Joseph, and Ricky Sapp.  Here is what I would play them:  in the early downs, Joseph would play DE and Dunlap would play OLB.  We would be rock-solid against the run.  In the passing downs, Dunlap would rush from DE/DT and Sapp would rush from the outside.  With their speed, Dunlap and Sapp can also have the option to drop back into coverage.  Last year, Dunlap also deflected six passes with his long arms. 

You can't replace Seymour with one player.  A combination of Joseph and Dunlap may do that.

The Pats even invited Dez Bryant for a visit.  If they have concerns about his characters, you should at least invite Dunlap for a visit.  For a player that compares to Peppers or Willie McGinest, you have to do your due diligence.  The fact that the Pats have shown no interest tells me that they have all the information but they don't want to disrupt his sliding.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Here's My Mock ( 3rd or 4th ) Faucetman, In regards to Dunlap,I would pass,too many question marks.In years past Patroits could've taken a chance but not now.I think this years draft sets us up for the next 4-6 years with core players.Anyways... As our current draft order goes,( I'm sure this will change also) #22 CB, Devin McCourty #44 TE, Rob Gronkowski #47 DE, Alex Carrington #53 DE/OLB/SIB, Eric Norwood    or       LB, Brandon Spikes #119 RB, LeGarrette Blount
    Posted by dwhite1220

oh, I like your mock by the way.  McCourty would give us everything I wanted out of the return game from McCluster and his contibutions in the secondary likely would be greater than what I was hoping McCluster would bring to the offense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Guys,

My brother is a scout and writer for a draft service.  They just had an internal mock draft where the 32 teams are assigned internally.  This is what they came up with at the top of the draft.  My brother was picking for the Patriots, of course.  This is the first time in awhile that I've seen a scenario that drops Williams to us.  I'd be thrilled to get him at 22. 

2010 IMD Draft order

Round One
    ----------------
    1. St. Louis Rams - Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma
    2. Detroit Lions - Ndamukong Suh DE Nebraska
    3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State
    4. Washington Redskins - Rolando McClain LB Alabama
    5. Kansas City Chiefs - Eric Berry S Tennessee
    6. Seattle Seahawks - Trent Williams OT Oklahoma
    7. Cleveland Browns -Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma
    8. Oakland Raiders - Joe Haden CB Florida
    9. Buffalo Bills - Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech
    10. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jason Pierre-Paul DE South Florida
    11. Denver Broncos (from Chicago Bears) - Earl Thomas S Texas
    12. Miami Dolphins - Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State
    13. San Francisco 49ers - C.J. Spiller RB Clemson
    14. Seattle Seahawks (from Denver Broncos) - Mike Iupati OG Idaho
    15. New York Giants - Sean Weatherspoon OLB Missouri
    16. Tennessee Titans - Brandon Graham OLB-DE Michigan
    17. San Francisco 49ers (from Carolina Panthers) - Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa
    18. Pittsburgh Steelers - Kyle Wilson CB Boise State
    19. Atlanta Falcons - Sergio Kindle OLB Texas
    20. Houston Texans - Ryan Mathews RB Fresno State
    21. Cincinnati Bengals - Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma
    22. New England Patriots - Dan Williams, DL, Tennessee
    23. Green Bay Packers - Anthony Davis OT Rutgers
    24. Philadelphia Eagles - Nate Allen S South Florida
    25. Baltimore Ravens - Devin McCourty CB Rutgers
    26. Arizona Cardinals - Maurkice Pouncey C Florida State
    27. Dallas Cowboys - Roger Saffold OL Indiana
    28. San Diego Chargers - Terrence Cody NT Alabama
    29. New York Jets - DeMaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
    30. Minnesota Vikings - Everson Griffen DE U.S.C.
    31. Indianapolis Colts - Brian Price DT UCLA
    32. New Orleans Saints - Patrick Robinson CB Florida State

Round completed in a league record 2 hours, 45 minutes, 9 seconds

Round Two
    ---------------
    1. (33) Rams - Bruce Campbell OT Maryland
    2. (34) Lions - Jahvid Best RB California
    3. (35) Buccaneers - Jerry Hughes OLB T.C.U.
    4. (36) Chiefs - Linval Joseph, DE/DT East Carolina
    5. (37) Eagles (from Redskins) - Carlos Dunlap DE Florida
    6. (38) Browns - Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame
    7. (39) Raiders - Golden Tate WR Notre Dame
    8. (40) Chargers (from Seahawks) - Toby Gerhart RB Stanford
    9. (41) Bills - Jared Odrick DL Penn State
    10. (42) Buccaneers (from Bears) - Taylor Mays FS U.S.C.
    11. (43) Dolphins - Tim Tebow QB Florida
    12. (44) Patriots (from Jaguars) - Charles Brown OT U.S.C.
    13. (45) Broncos - Lamarr Houston DL Texas
    14. (46) Giants - Sean Lee LB Penn State
    15. (47) Patriots (from Titans) - Dexter McCluster RB Mississippi
    16. (48) Panthers - Mardy Gilyard WR Cincinatti
    17. (49) 49ers - Brandon Spikes LB Florida
    18. (50) Chiefs (from Falcons) - Koa Misi LB Utah
    19. (51) Texans - Chad Jones FS L.S.U.
    20. (52) Steelers - Darryl Washington LB T.C.U.
    21. (53) Patriots - Ricky Sapp DE-OLB Clemson

It was a complete mock.  We also got the below.  Gave up our tradeable 6 and 7s to move up to get Chancellor at 106.  Somehow Pitta was there at 205, Wow.  HE said it was a fun excercise.

8. (106) Patriots (from Raiders ) - Kam Chancellor S Virginia Tech
    36. (205)
    Patriots (compensatory selection) - Dennis Pitta TE BYU
    40. (247)
    Patriots (compensatory selection) - Dane Fletcher OLB Montana State
    41. (248)
    Patriots (compensatory selection) - Clay Harbor TE Missouri State
    43. (250) Patriots (compensatory selection) - David Gettis WR Baylor

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Moderate Risk/High Reward player.  I look back on when I was 20.  I did some pretty stupid things back then.  Obviously I wasn't a player anywhere close to his caliber on such a big national stage.  Who knows why he got smashed that night and passed out in his car?  Maybe his girlfriend dumped him or his uncle died.  Rest assured BB got the story from Meyer, Tebow and Dunlap himself.  Based on the below, I'd drop #44 on him for sure, maybe even 22.  If I could find a way to trade down 22 perhaps for KC's 36 and 69 maybe throw in Thomas for free.  The below scouting report, especially the parts I highlighted in blue make me think the risk is worth it. Defensive lineman Carlos Dunlap (6-5 3/4 279) ran 4.66 and 4.61 in the 40, had a 9-4 broad jump and completed 22 bench press repetitions of 225 pounds. He kept all his other results from the combine. Blessed with a rare combination of size, strength and speed -- Dunlap has drawn comparisons to former No. 1 overall selections Julius Peppers and Mario Williams -- Dunlap appeared capable of challenging to be the top pick in the draft based on his production in the SEC. The first-team all-conference selection had nine sacks in 2009, including two against Cincinnati in the Sugar Bowl blowout, a solid follow-up to his sophomore season in which he posted 9.5 sacks en route to All-American and BCS Championship defensive MVP honors. With Tim Tebow, Brandon Spikes, Joe Haden and potentially even Urban Meyer moving on, Dunlap chose to enter the draft after his junior season. He left ranked 10th in Gator history with 19.5 sacks despite only starting 15 games over his career. An arrest for DUI only days before the SEC Championship game, however, clouds Dunlap's status. Scouts are giving Dunlap a high grade due to his unique frame and versatility, but his alcohol-related arrest, and the timing and details of that event, might give some teams pause before adding Dunlap. While coach Urban Meyer called the incident way out of character and went to bat for Dunlap , others close to the Florida program have questioned his maturity. Was arrested and charged with a DUI after being found by police passed out behind the wheel at an intersection on Dec. 1 -- four days before Florida was to play Alabama for the SEC Championship. Was suspended for the game, which the Gators lost 32-13. Despite his hype and production, entered his junior season with only two career starts. Named the Defensive MVP of the 2009 BCS Championship victory over Oklahoma with four tackles, 1.5 tackles for loss, a blocked field goal and half a sack.
    Posted by Faucetman

This is probably one of the toughest decisions unless you have sat down across from the player and figured him out.  He sure has it all to be a starter in the NFL but not always translates to being an NFL starter.

I like Dunlap as a LB, IMO it will be easier for him to stay at 279 or drop to 270 to keep that 4.68 speed going.  He has the frame to resemble Willie (not saying he's the next coming), I do think he can be a very very good player but does he want to?

I'm sure ALL the homework has been done on him, maybe (conspiracy theory) that was the topic of conversation at a certain Italian restaurant a few weeks back?  I think we need a CB, DE OLB early 1st and 2nd rnd at least two of the three with NE playing a lot of nickel and dime Dunlap can be one of the ends opposite TBC or Crable. 

#22 Wilson (or McCorty)
    #44 Dunlap OLB/DE (he's two inches taller and only 4lbs heavier than Griffen)
    #47 Nate Allen FS  
    #53 Al Woods DE/DT 
    03/12/2010- After losing defensive end Jarvis Green to the Broncos, the Patriots have a vacant roster spot on its defensive line. LSU defensive lineman Al Woods could fill the void. According to The Boston Globe, the Patriots will host Woods in a private workout next Tuesday, a sign that the team could draft Woods to replace Green. The Patriots hold three second-round picks this year and could use one of them on a defensive lineman. Green's loss leaves New England with six defensive lineman on the roster, and the addition of Woods could give New England another run-stuffer. New England could pair the 6-foot-4, 309-pound Woods with Vince Wilfork and Ty Warren to give the Patriots a dominant defensive front. Woods possesses the versatility to play either the 5-technique or the nose tackle spot in New England's system, the Globe reports, which would increase Bill Belichick's defensive options. Woods showed his speed and athleticism at this year's NFL combine. He ran an unofficial 5.12 second 40-yard dash and showed a vertical leap of 37 inches, nearly two inches higher than the average wide receiver in the last three years. Woods was once projected to be a top-five pick, but could be a second-round steal. - Daniel Kobialka, NESN.com
    #119 Daniel Te'O-Nesheim OLB

Where's the offense, I think they take care of that late or trade back into earlier rounds.  Here are the pics late most offense some D
    6th Marcus Easley WR
    6th (comp) Travis Goethel LB  
    7th David Gettis WR
    7th Scott Sicko TE
    7th(comp) Alfonso Smith RB
    7th(comp) Jeff Linkenback OT
    7th(comp) Kade Weston DT/DE

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : I have been beating the drums for Dunlap from day one. I am glad that Faucetman stated the case convincingly. I think he can help both positions of OLB and DE. Suppose we draft Dunlap, Linval Joseph, and Ricky Sapp.  Here is what I would play them:  in the early downs, Joseph would play DE and Dunlap would play OLB.  We would be rock-solid against the run.  In the passing downs, Dunlap would rush from DE/DT and Sapp would rush from the outside.  With their speed, Dunlap and Sapp can also have the option to drop back into coverage.  Last year, Dunlap also deflected six passes with his long arms.  You can't replace Seymour with one player.  A combination of Joseph and Dunlap may do that. The Pats even invited Dez Bryant for a visit.  If they have concerns about his characters, you should at least invite Dunlap for a visit.  For a player that compares to Peppers or Willie McGinest, you have to do your due diligence.  The fact that the Pats have shown no interest tells me that they have all the information but they don't want to disrupt his sliding.
    Posted by TrustBill

TrustBill, Yes, you have been beating his drums for awhile and I'm glad to come aboard.  I'm pretty sure the Pats got to meet with him at his pro day.  Also, I'm sure BB and EM have spoken about Dunlap many times.  I'm sure the players from Florida that they did meet with were asked about him as a team mate, Tebow, Hernandez, etc.  They have all the info they need and as you suggest, they don't want to blow a horn to advertise it.

I think Dunlap will assume a role very similar to McGinest.  Sometimes standing up, sometimes hand in the dirt often moving up or back before the snap to disguise what he's doing.  The key is to have many moving parts with guys capable of playing different positions especially at the DE position.  He's a bit bigger than McGinest but so athletic.  I'm not even sure we need an OLB if we drafted him but wouldn't rule one out either.  Instead of Sapp, may Darryl Washington, get a little more speed, play a little more 43.  Actually in a nickel we only use two LBs, Mayo and either Guyton or McKenzie give you plenty of speed.  I think this is where we see the high interest in Chancellor.  It gives us a big box safety that can cover the slot and/or add run support when in nickel situations.

We seemed to struggle most last year getting off the field on 3rd and long.  We had no rush and the opposing QB had time to pick us apart.  I'm as interested in fixing our sub packages as I am our base defense.  Dunlap could be a huge piece in both if he can stay on the field as an OLB at times.

If we added Dunlap, I might stay away from drafting another DL type early on.  I might drop a flyer on Geathers somewhere 119, 190 or get in the middle of those picks somehow. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Guys, My brother is a scout and writer for a draft service.  They just had an internal mock draft where the 32 teams are assigned internally.  This is what they came up with at the top of the draft.  My brother was picking for the Patriots, of course.  This is the first time in awhile that I've seen a scenario that drops Williams to us.  I'd be thrilled to get him at 22.  2010 IMD Draft order Round One ---------------- 1. St. Louis Rams - Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma 2. Detroit Lions - Ndamukong Suh DE Nebraska 3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State 4. Washington Redskins - Rolando McClain LB Alabama 5. Kansas City Chiefs - Eric Berry S Tennessee 6. Seattle Seahawks - Trent Williams OT Oklahoma 7. Cleveland Browns -Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma 8. Oakland Raiders - Joe Haden CB Florida 9. Buffalo Bills - Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech 10. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jason Pierre-Paul DE South Florida 11. Denver Broncos (from Chicago Bears) - Earl Thomas S Texas 12. Miami Dolphins - Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State 13. San Francisco 49ers - C.J. Spiller RB Clemson 14. Seattle Seahawks (from Denver Broncos) - Mike Iupati OG Idaho 15. New York Giants - Sean Weatherspoon OLB Missouri 16. Tennessee Titans - Brandon Graham OLB-DE Michigan 17. San Francisco 49ers (from Carolina Panthers) - Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa 18. Pittsburgh Steelers - Kyle Wilson CB Boise State 19. Atlanta Falcons - Sergio Kindle OLB Texas 20. Houston Texans - Ryan Mathews RB Fresno State 21. Cincinnati Bengals - Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma 22. New England Patriots - Dan Williams, DL, Tennessee 23. Green Bay Packers - Anthony Davis OT Rutgers 24. Philadelphia Eagles - Nate Allen S South Florida 25. Baltimore Ravens - Devin McCourty CB Rutgers 26. Arizona Cardinals - Maurkice Pouncey C Florida State 27. Dallas Cowboys - Roger Saffold OL Indiana 28. San Diego Chargers - Terrence Cody NT Alabama 29. New York Jets - DeMaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech 30. Minnesota Vikings - Everson Griffen DE U.S.C. 31. Indianapolis Colts - Brian Price DT UCLA 32. New Orleans Saints - Patrick Robinson CB Florida State Round completed in a league record 2 hours, 45 minutes, 9 seconds Round Two --------------- 1. (33) Rams - Bruce Campbell OT Maryland 2. (34) Lions - Jahvid Best RB California 3. (35) Buccaneers - Jerry Hughes OLB T.C.U. 4. (36) Chiefs - Linval Joseph, DE/DT East Carolina 5. (37) Eagles (from Redskins) - Carlos Dunlap DE Florida 6. (38) Browns - Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame 7. (39) Raiders - Golden Tate WR Notre Dame 8. (40) Chargers (from Seahawks) - Toby Gerhart RB Stanford 9. (41) Bills - Jared Odrick DL Penn State 10. (42) Buccaneers (from Bears) - Taylor Mays FS U.S.C. 11. (43) Dolphins - Tim Tebow QB Florida 12. (44) Patriots (from Jaguars) - Charles Brown OT U.S.C. 13. (45) Broncos - Lamarr Houston DL Texas 14. (46) Giants - Sean Lee LB Penn State 15. (47) Patriots (from Titans) - Dexter McCluster RB Mississippi 16. (48) Panthers - Mardy Gilyard WR Cincinatti 17. (49) 49ers - Brandon Spikes LB Florida 18. (50) Chiefs (from Falcons) - Koa Misi LB Utah 19. (51) Texans - Chad Jones FS L.S.U. 20. (52) Steelers - Darryl Washington LB T.C.U. 21. (53) Patriots - Ricky Sapp DE-OLB Clemson It was a complete mock.  We also got the below.  Gave up our tradeable 6 and 7s to move up to get Chancellor at 106.  Somehow Pitta was there at 205, Wow.  HE said it was a fun excercise. 8. (106) Patriots (from Raiders ) - Kam Chancellor S Virginia Tech 36. (205) Patriots (compensatory selection) - Dennis Pitta TE BYU 40. (247) Patriots (compensatory selection) - Dane Fletcher OLB Montana State 41. (248) Patriots (compensatory selection) - Clay Harbor TE Missouri State 43. (250) Patriots (compensatory selection) - David Gettis WR Baylor
    Posted by Faucetman

Faucet two picks I would be happier about and probably the ones most will disagree with you with, Charles Brown and Kam Chancellor both although not an apparent need will add depth at OT (which IMO is needed) and Kam Chancellor has upside to be a special player he's not there yet but could be an excellent special teams guy while he continues to learn the position. 

Dan Williams is a strong possibility at 22 although I don't know if he makes it to us but you can say that for most of the guys we talk about at 22.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Here are some comparisons.

Carlos Dunlap, 6-5 3/4 279, 4.61
    Willie McGinest, 6-5, 270
    Mike Vrabel, 6-4, 261
    Julius Peppers, 6-7, 283
    Jason Taylor, 6-6, 255
    Jared Allen, 6-6, 270

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

if we do pick up Carlos, id love it but its his motor that worries me, he doesnt try every play and we need everything we can get out of him, maybe he just needs a money incentive, but other then that idk, id rather Kindle or Hughes

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Faucet two picks I would be happier about and probably the ones most will disagree with you with, Charles Brown and Kam Chancellor both although not an apparent need will add depth at OT (which IMO is needed) and Kam Chancellor has upside to be a special player he's not there yet but could be an excellent special teams guy while he continues to learn the position.  Dan Williams is a strong possibility at 22 although I don't know if he makes it to us but you can say that for most of the guys we talk about at 22.
    Posted by Pats7393

This was my brother picking, not me.  I would absolutely take Williams if he slips to 22.  Then according to who's left, I would find a way to get back up from #44 to get Dunlap.  According to my brother's mock, we'd need to get to 36 and KC.  Pioli is as pick hungry as us so they might agree to move down to 8 spots to 44 if we threw in our 4th and 6th.  With so many late picks, I'd do it.

#22 Dan Williams
    #36 (from KC) Carlos Dunlap
    #48 TE Dennis Pita
    #53 Ben Tate (my new favorite)
    #205 BPA WR

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : This was my brother picking, not me.  I would absolutely take Williams if he slips to 22.  Then according to who's left, I would find a way to get back up from #44 to get Dunlap.  According to my brother's mock, we'd need to get to 36 and KC.  Pioli is as pick hungry as us so they might agree to move down to 8 spots to 44 if we threw in our 4th and 6th.  With so many late picks, I'd do it. #22 Dan Williams #36 (from KC) Carlos Dunlap #48 TE Dennis Pita #53 Ben Tate (my new favorite) #205 BPA WR
    Posted by Faucetman

Ben Tate could be a faster Donald Brown, id love to see him pounding the rock and i think we need to trade LM SM for a 3rd pick.. we dont need them anymore

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

can you guys see what you can find on these three guys?  I have limited information but all three look to be interesting late round DT/DE.

Kade Weston 6'5" 325 Georgia
    Lorenzo Washington 6'4" 291 Alabama, has played NT but moved to DE in 2008
    Brandon Deaderick 6'4" 314 Alabama, solid against the run

These three guys played in the SEC and played well.  I really like the two Alabama guys, LW is projected as a 7th/UDFA and BD as a 6th or 7th rnder.

Both of those guys have had experience as a 34 DE and both are good against the run.  I'm looking at the schedule next season and it is a tough one with a ton of top RBs
    Home Games
    vs. Miami Dolphins - R. Brown (if he's back from the knee)
    vs. Buffalo Bills - F. Jackson maybe Lynch
    vs. New York Jets - Green L. Washington and LT
    vs. Baltimore Ravens - Rice, McGahee although this year with WRs they can move to a passing style offense
    vs. Cincinnati Bengals - C. Benson
    vs. Green Bay Packers - R. Grant draft a second RB T. Gerhart (R)?
    vs. Minnesota Vikings - AP draft a second RB Jahid Best (R)? Red w/ Farve Blue without
    vs. Indianapolis Colts - D. Brown, J. Addai
    Away Games
    at San Diego Chargers - Probably Matthews (R), Sproles
    at Cleveland Browns - J. Harrinson
    at Pittsburgh Steelers - R. Mendahall might not be the case now without homes
    at Chicago Bears - M. Forte and Chester Taylor(their OL is suspect but good RBs) balanced bad although now more of a passing attack with new OC
    at Detroit Lions - K. Smith (injured) will draft a back J. Dwyer (R)?
    at Buffalo Bills See above
    at Miami Dolphins see above
    at New York Jets  see above

In blue, better running team than passing team
    In Red, better passing team than running team
    In Green, balanced

A lot has been made including myself about a rusher but IMO a run stopper is as much of a need.  Dan Williams early if he's there if not a combination of a few guys.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Patriots Work Out Dwyer, Cooper http://tinyurl.com/y3yvzk5

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Donald Butler to Visit Patriots http://tinyurl.com/yca5vmu

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Haden was a QB when he got to Florida and then tried out WR but was moved to CB, I guess that was a smart move.  Considering he's only been playing that position for three years I'm even more impressed with his abilities, maybe a higher upside?  Started at CB with only a few months playing the position as a freshman.  I was not aware this was the case, thought I would share even though he will not be coming to NE unless they move up.

Hearing from ESPN First Take where Danna is conducting an interview so no link, yet I"m sure it will be posted later today.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Interesting thought about G. Tate and Steelers, say they now look at Tate as taking over for Homes they would need to take him at 18 or shop their pick to try to move down to say 22?

I don't think they go WR at 18, they need OL help and with Pouncey and maybe Iupati sitting there they go after a WR in the 2nd or 3rd but interesting thought if they go after Tate.  means someone else falls to 22 if they pick Tate at 18.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Is-Golden-Tate-now-an-option-in-Pittsburgh.html

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Anyone going to confirm or dispute the 14 teams I had posted that are expected to run the 3-4 this season. I want to make sure I have them correct. Thanks, looking for some help.

Redskins
    Chiefs
    Browns
    Bills
    Broncos
    Dolphins
    49ers
    Steelers
    Patriots
    Packers
    Ravens
    Cowboys
    Chargers
    Jets

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Anyone going to confirm or dispute the 14 teams I had posted that are expected to run the 3-4 this season. I want to make sure I have them correct. Thanks, looking for some help. Redskins Chiefs Browns Bills Broncos Dolphins 49ers Steelers Patriots Packers Ravens Cowboys Chargers Jets
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

AFC East (all), Dallas, SD, GB, Denver, SF, Skins (moving to it this year as are the Bills), Arizona, Steelers, Browns, Chiefs, Ravens

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Anyone going to confirm or dispute the 14 teams I had posted that are expected to run the 3-4 this season. I want to make sure I have them correct. Thanks, looking for some help. Redskins Chiefs Browns Bills Broncos Dolphins 49ers Steelers Patriots Packers Ravens Cowboys Chargers Jets
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

Only missing the Cardinals

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

That is a brutal schedule, especially at home.  I get to drive down to SD though, that'll be fun.  Those fans are as brutal as we are to visitors.  I was at the SD play-off game that we should've lost if it wasn't for Troy Brown stripping the ball after the pick late in the game.  Tailgated all morning with a bunch of Pat's fans, we kinda pooled together.  We were getting absolutely abused the whole time until the game was over.  Nobody would even talk to us after, loved it.

Anyway,

We got to stop the run AND get much better rushing the passer.

The idea of Williams/Dunlap has me drooling.  I think we'd play a lot more 43.  We wouldn't need to add LB and can still get two good offensive weapons.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Only missing the Cardinals
    Posted by Pats7393

Thanks, guees that makes it 15

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Holmes aready suspended for first 4 games.  I hope we play the Jets at least once in those first four games.  The Jets are loading up and bad character guys are welcome.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Big Ben won't face charges but I wonder with Holmes being moved if the Steelers are cleaning up and are planning to dump Ben too.  They are a team that wants to have a squeeky clean image and they can't afford to have the face of their franchise playing hanky panky with a young girl inside a night club bathroom whether he was inappropriate with her or not.

They could be in the market for a QB more strongly than we thought.  Question is do they move up high enough to get Clausen or would they consider McCoy or Tebow?  Tebow would certainly help remove some of the Big Ben tarnish.

Or, would they fly all the way to the top and get Bradford.  What does a fairly young (but apparently reckless) 2 time SB champion QB bring in a trade?  Could a swap of first round picks plus Big Ben work?  Would STL take a chance on this guy?  They don't strike me as one of the teams not worried about their image.  CLE perhaps?