2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6:
    In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Lifer, you won't get a lot of argument here.  Everything starts up front on offense and defense.  We can't afford to go all in on Suh.  Even though I occasionally flirt with the idea, I know this isn't the smart move.  However, if we could get Williams we'd have the making of an impenetrable run stopping defense.  My plan then would be to either move up slightly or hope Dunlap falls to us at 44.  Take the worries out of his character for now.  He hopefully was an immature 20 year old kid that had too much to drink and messed up.  How many of us have done that at his age?  Imagine a 43 (YES A 43) line of Dunlap, Williams, Wilfork and Warren. I just closed my eyes and saw a line that was hitting the RB in the backfield, that was making the stop on 3rd and 1, short and goal and was moving the pile backwards.  I then saw Dunlap flying by left tackle slamming the QB to the turf. These two picks fix this defense.  In a 43 or nickel we have the athletic LBs you want.  I'm not saying we have to switch completely away from 34 as Dunlap can fake being at OLB then either come or move up to the line at the snap.  When we stay in 34, I'd feel better about him occasionally dropping back in coverage than I would Graham. Assuming no trades, we could still do this if stars align. #22 DT Dan Williams #44 DE Carlos Dunlap #48 RB Toby Gerhart #53 OT Jared Veldheer #119 WR Emanuel Sanders Crump can hold the fort as starting TE for a year and we can add a couple of late round picks.  I would be pretty stoked about this draft.
    Posted by Faucetman

The stars would have to align,but I would to use your words be "stoked "

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Blount has more question marks IMO than Dunlap.  I've seen people drop him to the 200 range on their board.  Spikes might be too slow to make it in the NFL and he had the eye gouging incident.  Dunlap got smashed one night and passed out in his car.  The kid was only 20.  He gets suspended for one game (Blount for the whole regular season) then Dunlap comes back plays his heart out and is named Co Defensive MVP of the BCS Championship Game. What I'm saying is it will come down to whether or not BB is comfortable with and understands why something like this would happen.  His buddy Urban Meyer going to bat for him will go a long way.  You don't often find top 5 talent at 22 and certainly not 44.  Dunlap at either spot represents terrific value at a position of greatest need - pass rusher.
    Posted by Faucetman

Faucetman, your talking about taking Dunlap with our 1st or 2nd pick.Picking Blount later in the draft is a BIG difference.Having said that I've come around on Dunlap over Odrick.Like you said our greatest need is rushing the passer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrustBill. Show TrustBill's posts

I usually post Rick Gosselin's stuff every year.  He's one of the best.  Here's his first mock.  Note: no Dunlap in the 1st round.  Some other interesting things to see out of this as well. http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/nfl/stories/041110dnspogosselinmock.441bfe6.html?nl
    Posted by garytx

I enjoyed reading the short stories on the prospects by Rick Gosselin.  He can blend the life story, the production and the measurable in a few smooth sentences.  Very uncanny.  This year, he has not written much about the draft.  Is he semi-retiring?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

People easy on the Gerhart talk, at the earliest he is a 3rd-4th round pick.  He is probally the 10th best RB in the draft.  Our offense was ranked 4th.  We lost how many games after leading by halftime, and how many in the 4th quarter?
    1 - Kindle OLB
    2a - M Williams WR
    2b - A Jones DT/DE
    2c - Hardesty/Tate RB
    4 - Calloway OT
    6a - Quarless TE
    6b - Pender CB
    7a - Skelton QB
    7b - Render OG
    7c - Mesko P
    7d - Starks RB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

People easy on the Gerhart talk, at the earliest he is a 3rd-4th round pick.  He is probally the 10th best RB in the draft.  Our offense was ranked 4th.  We lost how many games after leading by halftime, and how many in the 4th quarter? 1 - Kindle OLB 2a - M Williams WR 2b - A Jones DT/DE 2c - Hardesty/Tate RB 4 - Calloway OT 6a - Quarless TE 6b - Pender CB 7a - Skelton QB 7b - Render OG 7c - Mesko P 7d - Starks RB
    Posted by gln826

First, welcome to the thread.

Second, what are you basing your assessment of Gerhart on?  He could be the best combination of size and quickness available in this class.  He could also be one of the more complete backs in this class based on his ability to pass block and catch the ball out of the backfield.  IMO, he's a 2nd round pick, latest early 3rd rounder.

As for your mock:

Personally, I'm not big on Kindle at 22, he's a big time boom/bust kid to me as he shows great speed and athleticism on tape, but also shows the inability to consistently disengage from blockers and create on his own from the outside, no doubt the speed and athleticism are there though. 

I wouldn't go any where near Mike Williams.  He committed the cardinal sin for an athlete....he quit on his team.  I don't care about anything else.

I like Arthur Jones and Kyle Calloway and I prefer Gerhart to Hardesty/Tate.

I don't think Skelton lasts to rd 7 as his size and arm strength will likely land him in the middle rounds.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Much has been talked about Dunlap and how he might be a bit immature and I tend to agree.  Because there might be that question I'm sure there has been a lot of research done on him, from team mates to coaches to the player himself.  After (faucet was it you?) posted his size comparison to Willie I think with the right coaching he can be a good player, not calling him great yet like Willie but solid.
    He has a ton of ability is how hard is he willing to work, probably has come easy up to now but it will not be an easy road in the NFL so his commitment has to be there.  If anyone can turn this guy into a star is BB.  My only concern is who takes him under their wing?  Who's that locker room leader who will teach him how to be a professional?  Mayo?  I'm ok with picking him at 22, without his off the field antics he would be a top 10 pick IMO.  So here's my updated mock and probably staying this way unless something drastic really changes.

#22 Carlos Dunlap OLB/DE 6'6" 277rare speed size and strength he has all the tools physically to be a really good OLB does he mentally?
    #44 Toby Gerhart RB 6'0" 230 any player TB54 is on board with and wishes the Pats would get I will agree specially when it is a Gerhart
    #47 Sean Lee ILB 6'2" 240 Lee gives depth at middle, can move McKenzie and Guyton around to weak OLB or as part of a rotation.  At Penn State Lee was a decent pass rusher inside or outside and is good in coverage.  IMO a 3 down MLB, only improves the rotation and depth.
    #53 Al Woods DE/DT 6'4" 309 BB tries to replace RS with Woods, powerful DT who can play DE.  Will help the front 7 stop the run and improve a pass rush by collapsing the pocket.
    #119 Kam Chancellor FS/SS 6'3" 231 a big physical safety who is good enough in coverage to stay with WRs and is big enough to be in the box as a LB.
    #190 Marcus Easly WR 6'3" 210 good hands good return option, can compete for #2 this year and maybe eventually turn into a #1.   needs to improve route running.
    #205 (comp) Nolan Carroll CB 6'0" 211 I know some of you consider a CB or S picked this late as a waste of pick, before you say that about Carroll do you homework on him then tell me if this is not a great value pick.
    #229 David Gettis WR 6'3" 217 another big receiver with very good hands, if it is in the area he'll catch it.  Another WR to compete for the #2 spot this season and #1 later.
    #231 Brandon Deaderick DE/DT 6'4" 314 he is an Alabama player who didn't get much of the credit of the Ds play in 2009 but was as important as Cody.  Great run stuffer and does have the ability to create plays in the back field.  Will add depth at either end spot and could be starter.
    #248 Scott Sicko TE 6'4" 251 I like this kid since he conducted what you would call pro day private workout for the Patriots, they were the only team to show up and were very impressed.
    #250 Chris Marinelli OT 6'7" 301 adds depth at OT and could develop into a starting RT, smart player with great technic.
    #251 Tim Knicky OLB 6'4" 252 while develops as OLB can add a pass rush as a DE in 43, nickel or dime formations. 

I think an option as UDFA has to be Alfonso Smith who I would even pick in the 7th, he's a guy who can help in the run but more importantly in the return game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Did you guys see that the Pats are visiting with McCluster again to work him out in his home town?  They appear very interested.  Couple that with the visit by Scott and that they apparently did not visit Gerhart, I think they will now do something like this.

#22 D. Williams (if there) Pouncy if not
    #44 C. Dunlap
    #48 D. McCluster
    #53 A. Hernandez
    #119 B. Spikes
    #190 C. Scott

McCluster adds enough depth at WR (slot, screen, options, etc) that I don't think they need to add another high pick.  Scott is a big bruising, almost FB kind of back and he replaces Morris and Taylor potentially.

If we don't get Williams and get Pouncey instead, OL help is provided.  If we get Williams, then TE will have to wait and we take Veldheer at 53.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : First, welcome to the thread. Second, what are you basing your assessment of Gerhart on?  He could be the best combination of size and quickness available in this class.  He could also be one of the more complete backs in this class based on his ability to pass block and catch the ball out of the backfield.  IMO, he's a 2nd round pick, latest early 3rd rounder. As for your mock: Personally, I'm not big on Kindle at 22, he's a big time boom/bust kid to me as he shows great speed and athleticism on tape, but also shows the inability to consistently disengage from blockers and create on his own from the outside, no doubt the speed and athleticism are there though.  I wouldn't go any where near Mike Williams.  He committed the cardinal sin for an athlete....he quit on his team.  I don't care about anything else. I like Arthur Jones and Kyle Calloway and I prefer Gerhart to Hardesty/Tate. I don't think Skelton lasts to rd 7 as his size and arm strength will likely land him in the middle rounds.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Sorry, wrong Williams, I meant Damian Williams.  However Mike Williams, if he falls to 6th round would be a great pickup.  As much you dont like M Williams, he might be best all around talented WR in the draft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Really enjoy reading everyone's take and I'll throw mine out as well:
    22) Kindle (assuming B Graham long gone)
    44) E. Griffen
    47) Saffold (hopeful)
    53) D. Williams
    119) B. Tate/M. Hardesty
    190) T. Moeaki

This would give us 2 excellent up front defensive players, solid OL contributor/potential starter, plus a RB that I think would do well..and a WR that could immediately be a #3, possibly a #2 in the future...see Williams as a better version of the Giants Steve Smith

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrustBill. Show TrustBill's posts

Did you guys see that the Pats are visiting with McCluster again to work him out in his home town?  They appear very interested.  Couple that with the visit by Scott and that they apparently did not visit Gerhart, I think they will now do something like this. #22 D. Williams (if there) Pouncy if not #44 C. Dunlap #48 D. McCluster #53 A. Hernandez #119 B. Spikes #190 C. Scott McCluster adds enough depth at WR (slot, screen, options, etc) that I don't think they need to add another high pick.  Scott is a big bruising, almost FB kind of back and he replaces Morris and Taylor potentially. If we don't get Williams and get Pouncey instead, OL help is provided.  If we get Williams, then TE will have to wait and we take Veldheer at 53.
    Posted by Faucetman

Hi, Faucetman:

I am now with you with regard to McCluster.  I was very skeptical about what a person of my size can do in the NFL.  But McCluster may be the exception to the rule.  How could he rush for 282 yards against Tennessee, a team featuring the highly-touted Dan Williams and Eric Berry?  It was almost unreal.  I also like Spikes but I don't think he will last to 190.  If a player fits, I don't mind drafting him one or even two rounds earlier.
    Here is what I would do for the first five picks:
    1. Carlos Dunlap, DE/OLB.  If our new and cleaned-up locker room still can't reign in a 20 years old rookie, then we will have a bigger problem.
    2a.  Ricky Sapp, OLB.  Supposed to have a good instinct and high football IQ as a LB.  Strength can be trained.  It is harder to train for length, quickness and instinct.
    2b. D.  McCluster, WR, RB and returner. 
    2c. Brandon Spikes, ILB.
    4. Whoever available among Linval Joseph, Al Woods, Ogabasse, and Clifton Gaethers.

The focus is to set up the D for years to come.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Really enjoy reading everyone's take and I'll throw mine out as well: 22) Kindle (assuming B Graham long gone) 44) E. Griffen 47) Saffold (hopeful) 53) D. Williams 119) B. Tate/M. Hardesty 190) T. Moeaki This would give us 2 excellent up front defensive players, solid OL contributor/potential starter, plus a RB that I think would do well..and a WR that could immediately be a #3, possibly a #2 in the future...see Williams as a better version of the Giants Steve Smith
    Posted by mcboyd22

What I love about all of these mocks is they show it would be really hard for the Pats to screw this up because the draft is so deep. I tried once to make a bad mock and even it was pretty good.  I don't think either Tate or Hardesty last to 119, they would be terrific value if one of them does.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

With the way the Pats operate, I find the opposite conclusion. I think they go after Gerhard over McCluster. Why do I say that? The smokescreen factor. Your conclusion is WAY too linear for the way the Pats operate. A third graded would be able to guess who the Pats were drafting if it were solely based on who they are visiting with most frequently.

Remember they visited with Gerard Warren the night before they selected Seymour at 6? I think a lot of these visits could be gamesmanship. I think BB is a lot like Shanahan, and Shanahan didn't even visit with Cutler when they traded up to draft him in the first round. Maybe BB wants other teams to think the Pats want McC over Gerhart? 

I guess my point is that I wouldn't let any meetings with players influence who the Pats will pick. All I know is that we probably don't know.

Did you guys see that the Pats are visiting with McCluster again to work him out in his home town?  They appear very interested.  Couple that with the visit by Scott and that they apparently did not visit Gerhart, I think they will now do something like this. #22 D. Williams (if there) Pouncy if not #44 C. Dunlap #48 D. McCluster #53 A. Hernandez #119 B. Spikes #190 C. Scott McCluster adds enough depth at WR (slot, screen, options, etc) that I don't think they need to add another high pick.  Scott is a big bruising, almost FB kind of back and he replaces Morris and Taylor potentially. If we don't get Williams and get Pouncey instead, OL help is provided.  If we get Williams, then TE will have to wait and we take Veldheer at 53.
    Posted by Faucetman

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Hi, Faucetman: I am now with you with regard to McCluster.  I was very skeptical about what a person of my size can do in the NFL.  But McCluster may be the exception to the rule.  How could he rush for 282 yards against Tennessee , a team featuring the highly-touted Dan Williams and Eric Berry?  It was almost unreal.  I also like Spikes but I don't think he will last to 190.  If a player fits, I don't mind drafting him one or even two rounds earlier. Here is what I would do for the first five picks: 1. Carlos Dunlap, DE/OLB .  If our new and cleaned-up locker room still can't reign in a 20 years old rookie, then we will have a bigger problem. 2a.  Ricky Sapp, OLB.   Supposed to have a good instinct and high football IQ as a LB.  Strength can be trained.  It is harder to train for length, quickness and instinct. 2b. D.  McCluster, WR, RB and returner.   2c. Brandon Spikes, ILB. 4. Whoever available among Linval Joseph, Al Woods, Ogabasse, and Clifton Gaethers. The focus is to set up the D for years to come.
    Posted by TrustBill

Thanks.  I do think the Pats will take DM.  BB loves players that are versatile and this kid does it all.  He's tough as nails.  He is a willing blocker even for his size.  He won't hold up an OLB or DE for long but he will chip them and get in the way enough to buy another second. DM is another Darren Sproles IMO and I'd be excited to get him and watch him play.

I love Gaethers too.  I think his upside is enormous.  If we don't address 34 DE by 119 and he's still there, that would be my move.  I still like Spikes.  If he was maybe a 4.90 and was maybe hurt a little running his 40, I'd still consider 53 on him.   Here's another iteration.

#22 D. Thomas
    #44 Dunlap
    #48 McCluster
    #53 Spikes
    #119 Geathers
    #190 Scott

That would be an interesting draft.  I think Dunlap covers our need at OLB.  I truly do, because half the time he will be playing with his hand in the dirt in 43 and sub packages.  In a 43 we have adequate depth and talent at LB.  In a 34 Dunlap can either drop back into coverage or sub out for a different look.  He certainly would be no more of a liability than TBC is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

With the way the Pats operate, I find the opposite conclusion. I think they go after Gerhard over McCluster. Why do I say that? The smokescreen factor. Your conclusion is WAY too linear for the way the Pats operate. A third graded would be able to guess who the Pats were drafting if it were solely based on who they are visiting with most frequently. Remember they visited with Gerard Warren the night before they selected Seymour at 6? I think a lot of these visits could be gamesmanship. I think BB is a lot like Shanahan, and Shanahan didn't even visit with Cutler when they traded up to draft him in the first round. Maybe BB wants other teams to think the Pats want McC over Gerhart?  I guess my point is that I wouldn't let any meetings with players influence who the Pats will pick. All I know is that we probably don't know. In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

DM is a late 2nd early 3rd grade.  I don't think smoke screening will cause a team to take him before 44.  In this case I think the interest is real.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

If the Jags did this does anyone still BB even had him on the board to begin with? I know they brought him for a visit but can it be trying to make someone jump ahead of them or ask to trade into 22?  I don't think he's on the board.

The Jacksonville Jaguars have had plenty of first-round busts at wide receiver, including troubled former first-round picks R. Jay Soward, Reggie Williams and Matt Jones.

They have no intentions of making another similar potential mistake with Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant.

According to the Florida Times-Union, Bryant has been removed from the Jaguars' draft board because of character issues.

Bryant has reportedly been chronically late for practice and games and was suspended for 10 games last season for lying to an NCAA investigator about his relationship with former NFL player Deion Sanders.

"It's not a great year for wide receiver, but there will be some guys in the mid rounds that have a shot," Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio said.

Added Mel Kiper: "That's a position that's been tricky. Some years you hit. But there have been some major disappointments at the position."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Much has been talked about Dunlap and how he might be a bit immature and I tend to agree.  Because there might be that question I'm sure there has been a lot of research done on him, from team mates to coaches to the player himself.  After (faucet was it you?) posted his size comparison to Willie I think with the right coaching he can be a good player, not calling him great yet like Willie but solid. He has a ton of ability is how hard is he willing to work, probably has come easy up to now but it will not be an easy road in the NFL so his commitment has to be there.  If anyone can turn this guy into a star is BB.  My only concern is who takes him under their wing?  Who's that locker room leader who will teach him how to be a professional?  Mayo?  I'm ok with picking him at 22, without his off the field antics he would be a top 10 pick IMO.  So here's my updated mock and probably staying this way unless something drastic really changes. #22 Carlos Dunlap OLB/DE 6'6" 277 rare speed size and strength he has all the tools physically to be a really good OLB does he mentally? #44 Toby Gerhart RB 6'0" 230 any player TB54 is on board with and wishes the Pats would get I will agree specially when it is a Gerhart #47 Sean Lee ILB 6'2" 240 Lee gives depth at middle, can move McKenzie and Guyton around to weak OLB or as part of a rotation.  At Penn State Lee was a decent pass rusher inside or outside and is good in coverage.  IMO a 3 down MLB, only improves the rotation and depth. #53 Al Woods DE/DT 6'4" 309 BB tries to replace RS with Woods, powerful DT who can play DE.  Will help the front 7 stop the run and improve a pass rush by collapsing the pocket. #119 Kam Chancellor FS/SS 6'3" 231 a big physical safety who is good enough in coverage to stay with WRs and is big enough to be in the box as a LB. #190 Marcus Easly WR 6'3" 210 good hands good return option, can compete for #2 this year and maybe eventually turn into a #1.   needs to improve route running. #205 (comp) Nolan Carroll CB 6'0" 211 I know some of you consider a CB or S picked this late as a waste of pick, before you say that about Carroll do you homework on him then tell me if this is not a great value pick. #229 David Gettis WR 6'3" 217 another big receiver with very good hands, if it is in the area he'll catch it.  Another WR to compete for the #2 spot this season and #1 later. #231 Brandon Deaderick DE/DT 6'4" 314 he is an Alabama player who didn't get much of the credit of the Ds play in 2009 but was as important as Cody.  Great run stuffer and does have the ability to create plays in the back field.  Will add depth at either end spot and could be starter. #248 Scott Sicko TE 6'4" 251 I like this kid since he conducted what you would call pro day private workout for the Patriots, they were the only team to show up and were very impressed. #250 Chris Marinelli OT 6'7" 301 adds depth at OT and could develop into a starting RT, smart player with great technic. #251 Tim Knicky OLB 6'4" 252 while develops as OLB can add a pass rush as a DE in 43, nickel or dime formations.  I think an option as UDFA has to be Alfonso Smith who I would even pick in the 7th, he's a guy who can help in the run but more importantly in the return game.
    Posted by Pats7393

That would be really nice value if it happens. 

I have been hearing no less than a dozen WR's are expected to come off the board in 3-4 round range. Easley is expected to be potentially be among them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : That would be really nice value if it happens.  I have been hearing no less than a dozen WR's are expected to come off the board in 3-4 round range. Easley is expected to be potentially be among them.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

I agree, the secret is out and his combination of size and speed is now well documented.  I don't think he gets out of the 4th could be 3rd as you say.  I believe that will be the guy but we'll have to either trade into the 3rd or take him at 53 which is early but boy does he scream #1 WR.

What about Gettis, another big WR but has really really good hands and speed as well.  I woiuld be very happy with those two guys.  Because there are options at WR late I don't think the Pats draft one in the 1st two rounds.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Here's my list of 1st round grades. DT/DE Suh McCoy Williams Odrick Price Cody   OLB/ILB Morgan McClain Graham JPP Kindle Griffen Weatherspoon Washington Hughes CB/S Berry Haden Thomas Mays (maybe) Wilson McCorty Jackson OT/OG Okung Williams Bulaga Davis Iupati Pouncey Brown Campbell   RB C.J. Spiller Ryan Matthew QB Bradford Clausen Tebow TE Gresham WR Bryant Tate Thomas A few who missed 1st round grade Colt McCoy Rob Gronkowski Nate Allen Rodger Saffold Robinson Best And yes I'm kidding about Tebow!
    Posted by Pats7393

Sorry I never got a chance to respond to this sooner. I think, if I counted correctly and you really do not have Tebow in there, that's 38.

That would put you approx 6 players into the 2nd round which is very close to what I had said I was hearing.

That's very different from 64+ ("because this draft the players ranked as 1st round talent go well into the late 2nd maybe a few sneak into the 3rd") which was why I had said I didn't hear anywhere near that many.

No biggie.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : That would be really nice value if it happens.  I have been hearing no less than a dozen WR's are expected to come off the board in 3-4 round range. Easley is expected to be potentially be among them.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

Hey Pats you were one of the 1st I think I saw write about the Dexter Davis kid. DO you know if he was injured during his senior season?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Sorry I never got a chance to respond to this sooner. I think, if I counted correctly and you really do not have Tebow in there, that's 38. That would put you approx 6 players into the 2nd round which is very close to what I had said I was hearing. That's very different from 64+ (" because this draft the players ranked as 1st round talent go well into the late 2nd maybe a few sneak into the 3rd") which was why I had said I didn't hear anywhere near that many. No biggie.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

Never said I had 64 players as 1st rounders, what I said some could sneak into the 3rd meaning a guy with a 1st round grade can fall into the 3rd because of how deep the draft is.  If there's a run at a specific position or two a guy who is ranked higher could slip through.  Didn't at all say 64 1st round grades, wish that was the case, we would have 4 1st round caliber picks!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Hey Pats you were one of the 1st I think I saw write about the Dexter Davis kid. DO you know if he was injured during his senior season?
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

No don't think he was injured, he played in all games but his production was down from his 2008 numbers.  He IMO is a cheaper, lighter, not as talented version of Graham 6'1" 250 DE who is projected to transition to OLB.
    Could be a solid special teams guy and a pass rush specialists, played against good competition and still ended his career with 31 total sacks, pretty good in my book.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Which do you think best represents the Patriots needs in order? or post your alt.

(DE, TE, OLB, WR, RB, P, DB/ILB)

(OLB, TE, WR, DE, RB, P, ILB/DB)

(TE, OLB, DE, WR, RB, P, DB/ILB)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : No don't think he was injured, he played in all games but his production was down from his 2008 numbers.  He IMO is a cheaper, lighter, not as talented version of Graham 6'1" 250 DE who is projected to transition to OLB. Could be a solid special teams guy and a pass rush specialists, played against good competition and still ended his career with 31 total sacks, pretty good in my book.
    Posted by Pats7393

Yeah just a very strange senior season.

I have been working on an article about all the potential OLB for the Pats and almost done that's why I asked.

Some very interesting things have come out of doing it.

Davis's senior season being one of those things.

Graham must have is a little bit of late bloomer but it is what you like to see. Each of his four years production improved. He is continually progressing and improving and it could continue if history holds any foresight.

A guy like Edds is another odd one. ONLY 2 sack in four years doesn't even put him in the conversation for me. Then he has 7 Int's which is twice as many as the next closet person I have in my article. He also has a very high number of tackles BUT more than half of those are asst. tackles which makes me think he's sort of a jump on the pile kind of guy.

Hope to have the article finished and up later tonight if I have time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : I enjoyed reading the short stories on the prospects by Rick Gosselin.  He can blend the life story, the production and the measurable in a few smooth sentences.  Very uncanny.  This year, he has not written much about the draft.  Is he semi-retiring?
    Posted by TrustBill

You're right.  He has been more quiet than usual this year.  I'll drop him a line and see what he has to say about the retirement thing.  I'm surprised nobody else has responded to the post I put up with all the talk about Dunlap.  He doesn't have him in the 1st round.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Yeah just a very strange senior season. I have been working on an article about all the potential OLB for the Pats and almost done that's why I asked. Some very interesting things have come out of doing it. Davis's senior season being one of those things. Graham must have is a little bit of late bloomer but it is what you like to see. Each of his four years production improved. He is continually progressing and improving and it could continue if history holds any foresight. A guy like Edds is another odd one. ONLY 2 sack in four years doesn't even put him in the conversation for me. Then he has 7 Int's which is twice as many as the next closet person I have in my article. He also has a very high number of tackles BUT more than half of those are asst. tackles which makes me think he's sort of a jump on the pile kind of guy. Hope to have the article finished and up later tonight if I have time.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

IMO I move Edds to the inside or making a nickel LB, he's probably the best cover LB I've seen in a few years.  I've been watching what I can find out him for tape and he is a smoth criminal in coverage.  It was not his role to blitz often if at all, he was the guy you wanted on a TE, RB or even a WR.  I think he could be a type of Bruschi player in time, maybe not as good but same style of play.

Also would like to know why Davis goes from 2007 10.5 sacks 2008 11 and 2009 3.5 or 4.5, why the drop in production maybe he was injured and didn't come out or teams schemed around him.  Hmm going to look to see if other guys around him had better sack year in 2009, could be he didn't get them but his team mates did.

Sections
Shortcuts