2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6:
    Interesting comment about Graham by a former scout: “All he does is change games,” said Russ Lande, a former Cleveland Browns scout who covers the draft for the Sporting News. “He’s a really good pass rusher who’s surprisingly good against the run. Everything you want is there. I think he’s better than Woodley coming out of school , so how is he not going to be a good pro?” IMO that's a big statement to make about this kid, if he's anything close to Woodley or BETTER? can the Pats pass him up if he's there are 22?  How can we get Kyle Wilson and Graham in the 1st?  I know that's such an unrealistic thought but these two guys IMO improve this D at a high level. http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/High-marks-for-Brandon-Graham.html
    Posted by Pats7393

I live in Michigan, and have watched just about every Michigan game since my birth. I can say for certain that Brandon Graham is much better than LaMarr Woodley. Woodley played on a team that was full of NFL caliber players, and did pretty well. Graham had no help and was the focal point of every team's offensive strategy. He still dominated games, singlehandedly stopping opponents drives. He abused a potential top ten pick in Bryan Bulaga. 
    He played LB in high school, and was converted to DE at U of M. The Pats need to draft either him or Daniel Te'o. Trade up for him if necessary.     

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Not a big fan of Lendale. I would pass on him...btw, thanks for passing the link along Pats. 

I can't see the Pats being interested in many on that list...maybe Osi, Barber. Would be interesting to pair Barber and Maroney. Perhaps they could create "magic" like they did in college...wishful thinking perhaps. 

Here is a crazy idea, but what about Haynesworth? He said he wants to play 4-3 and if we are possibly playing more 4-3 & nickel this year, imagine a line with
    Haynesworth, Pryor/Lewis, Wilfork, Warren. That is pretty scary...This guy has proved a knucklehead, so it's probably not a good idea, but the money perspective works and I bet we could get him with a 2nd. 
    Perhaps the Jests will pounce on him. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Not a big fan of Lendale. I would pass on him...btw, thanks for passing the link along Pats.  I can't see the Pats being interested in many on that list...maybe Osi, Barber. Would be interesting to pair Barber and Maroney. Perhaps they could create "magic" like they did in college...wishful thinking perhaps.  Here is a crazy idea, but what about Haynesworth? He said he wants to play 4-3 and if we are possibly playing more 4-3 & nickel this year, imagine a line with Haynesworth, Pryor/Lewis, Wilfork, Warren. That is pretty scary...This guy has proved a knucklehead, so it's probably not a good idea, but the money perspective works and I bet we could get him with a 2nd.  Perhaps the Jests will pounce on him. 
    Posted by PatsLifer

np,
    On Haynesworth, all I've been hearing is how much of a pain on the A$ $ he is.  He is rasing all sorts of he!! because he doesn't want to play NT in a 34 I'm sure he'll have life coming to a 34 team.  IMO he's not a good fit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Back to the draft...

Even with the signing of Holt, I still think we need to draft a WR, and do it in the 4th round or less. Even looking at the current roster, we have Moss (declining), Edelman (nice, good year last, but still learning), Tate (played 3 NFL snaps?...injury history), and Holt (solid year last, but getting old). That WR corps does not worry me to much, not unless Tate steps up. If Tate is as advertised, it should be a fun show to watch with he, Moss and Holt stretching the field. 

So, I would like the Pats to consider a WR in round 4 or 2, or if they can trade into 3. Lots of names tossed here...I would like to see the following considered per draft round...
    2nd (Decker, Benn, Williams, Roberts)
    3rd & 4th (Shipley, Sanders, Cooper, Briscoe)
    > 4th (Gettis, Meier, DJones)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

A line of Ty Warren, Vince Wilfork, Albert Haynesworth, and  Brandon Graham.Smile
    I practically peed my pants thinking about that. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

The Patriots have not drafted, traded for or signed a RB that weights less than 200 lbs in the last 10 years.  They prefer guys 220 and who are downhill runners.  here are their picks since Faulk. The Patriots since 99 have drafted 2 guys in the top 2 rounds, Faulk and LM both were over 200 with LM getting to his current playing weight of 220.  Base on this I believe if they draft a RB in the 2nd it will be one of the big backs, I like Gerhart but can see them taking Ben Tate from Auburn fast big back who probably will turn into what they expected from LM.  If no back is picked in the first 4 rounds they will draft one late or bring a UDFA as they have done a few times.  I don't think Spiller or Best although are close to 200 are an option.  This would mean they change their running phylosophy, a 3rd down back are not drafted in the first two rounds which is what they use the smaller backs for. Kevin Faulk 5'8" 202, drafted 1999 draft, 2nd round (46th overall). Still on team. Corry Dillon 6'1" 225  traded for in 2004, 2nd round draft pick to Bengals just before draft. Released March 2, 2007. Retired. Cedric Cobbs 6'0" 227 , drafted 2004 draft, 4th round (128th overall), released in training camp. Kory Chapman 6'1" 205 , UFA, signed, released and then signed to practice squad, 2004. Signed to Colts active roster from practice squad, September 2004. Kyle Eckel 5'11" 237 , UFA, April 25, waived September 2005. Re-signed September 2007. Cut August 2008. Re-signed September 2008. Cut September 2008. Patrick Cobbs 5'8" 208 , UFA, signed May 15 2006. Traded away September 1, 2006. Laurence Maroney 5'11" 205 (now 220) , drafted 2006 draft, 1st round (21st overall). Still on team. Sammy Morris 6'0" 220, FA, signed 3 March 2007. Still on team. Justice Hairston 6'2" 220 , drafted 2007, 6th round, 208 overall (compensatory pick). IR August, released September 2007. BJGE 5'11" 211 , UFA 2008, signed May 1 2008. Waived August, practice squad September 1. Activated October. Still on team. Lamont Jordan 5'10" 242  FA, signed July 26, 2008. One year contract expired, went to Denver. Fred Taylor 6'1" 228  FA, signed February 27 2009. Still on team. Chris Taylor 6'0" 224, FA, signed August 17, 2009. Not tendered an RFA offer sheet. Here are a couple of backs IMO we can drafted late, 6th 7th or UDFA.  6th Round Alfonso Smith 6'1" 211 Deji Karim 5'09" 209 Keiland Williams 5'11" 233 7th Round Joique Bell 5'11" 220 Andre Dixon 6'1" 205 Javarres James 6'0" 215 UDFA Carlos Brown 6'0" 212 Toney Baker 5'10" 234 Cordera Eason 6'0" 226 Christopher Ivory 6'0" 222
    Posted by Pats7393

Kevin Faulk weighed 195 in college, per LSU. They always pump up the stats and measurables.

I HIGHLY doubt he was even 195 in college at his "playing" weight (maybe soaking wet with rocks in his pockets).

The Patriots do not use LM for what ever reason the same way they use Faulk even though to me he looks great at that role. Better than he does in his traditional role.

Now do the Pats not use him that way because he shows otherwise in practice than he does in his limited attempts at it during the season? Or strictly that Kevin is just better at it so why give LM some reps.

Bottom line is they need a replacement for Faulk if the Patriots want to continue to run shotgun as much as they do and spread. The spread calls for a pass catching scat back like Faulk who can also block.

I think it's easier to find the big between the tackles back even the veterans that are free agents every year can he had fairly easy.

The first tier of pass catching backs is two; CJ Spiller and James Starks with over 120 receptions each. Starks I have mentioned on here before as a good value because he missed the 09 season with injury and people forgot about him. Yeah that 120+ receptions even though he missed 2009 season. He also was the schools all time leading rusher at  Buffalo (3,140). Starks accomplished the feat , as well, despite missing the entire 2009 season.

The next tier of backs caught 60+ passes and include the likes of jahvid best, and Joe McKnight but the best of the bunch here is Joique Bell from Wayne State. He also had a very good senior bowl.

If you like value, and anyone who reads my post knows I do, I think Starks and Bell represent good value from the 5th round on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

on the LB talk, look at all the great teams and their D it all starts with the LBs.  Everyone knows LBs because they are the Generals of a D.  You need good LBs for a D whether its a 34, 43, nickel the LBs are key. 2000s we had Bruschi, Vrabel, McGinest to name a few earlier more.  Right now I look at our LB group and they don't scare me I can't imagine any NFL team shaking in their boots.  I'm a LB guy, if there's a position I would like to get one chance to play is a LB so might be a bit bias here but just my opinion. All the 43 and 34 talks, last year the most use set was a nickel type D which is a 4 man front and 2 LBs.  With that been said, we don't have another LB to help in nickel so here's my thinking even though I did not mock it that way. The best LB to play nickel that is available in the draft is (mb's boy) A.J. Edds.  I've seen him now rated as a 5th or 6th round.  With that been said you still need a guy who can rush the QB from a DE or OLB spot, my guy Daniel Te'O. I don't think even is AD on the team we can afford not to bring at least two LBs from the draft.  Woods, Crabel, Guyton, AD, TBC, Alexander any of those guys bring any of the same thoughts as if I said Bruschi, Brian Ur., Ray "thug" Lewis, Woodley and on and on.  I want LBs when I hear their name we say that's a stud who will knock someone's head off (or shot it off like ray ray lol) so I need to see some LBs drafted. Here's what I would consider a great LB group and what formation they play: (R)Daniel Te'O 34 OLB 43/Nickel DE (R)A.J. Edds 43OLB/Nickel LB (R)Misi 43 DE, 34 OLB (R)Tim Knicky 43 DE, 34 OLB special teams (RUDFA)Mike Johnson MLB special teams Mayo MLB 34 43 nickel LB dime Guyton 34 OLB / nickel LB / Coverage teams TBC 3rd down rusher 34OLB/43DE McKenzie 34 MLB / 43 SOLB Crable 34 OLB / 43 DE and coverage teams Woods special teams Murrell 43 DE Special teams Bruce Davis 34 OLB 43 DE special teams (interesting talks in 2008 about Davis, Steelers 3rd round pick) http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=1235 Rob Nin. special teams
    Posted by Pats7393

This is not a response to you per say Pats just to add to the LB discussion you had going.

If anyone respects Gosslins opinion he give this years Linebacker class a 2 out of 10 with the following quote.

"This is as lean a year for linebackers as the NFL has seen in the last decade. There are some quality pass rushers who fit a 3-4 scheme but the traditional 4-3 backers with the size to play the run are lacking."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Kevin Faulk weighed 195 in college, per LSU. They always pump up the stats and measurables. http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=301129 I HIGHLY doubt he was even 195 in college at his "playing" weight (maybe soaking wet with rocks in his pockets). The Patriots do not use LM for what ever reason the same way they use Faulk even though to me he looks great at that role. Better than he does in his traditional role. Now do the Pats not use his that weigh because he shows otherwise in practice than he does in his limited attempts at it during the season? Or strictly that Kevin is just better at it so why give LM some reps. Bottom line is they need a replacement for Faulk if the Patriots want to continue to run shotgun as much as they do and spread. The spread calls for a pass catching scat back like Faulk who can also block. I think it's easier to find the big between the tackles back even the veterans that are free agents every year to fairly easy to be had. The first tier of pass catching backs is two; CJ Spiller and James Starks with over 120 receptions each. Starks I have mentioned on here before as a good value because he missed the 09 season with injury and people forgot about him. Yeah that 120+ receptions even though he missed 2009 season. He also was the schools all time leading rusher at  Buffalo (3,140). Starks accomplished the feat , as well, despite missing the entire 2009 season. The next tier of backs caught 60+ passes and include the likes of jahvid best, and Joe McKnight but the best of the bunch here is Joique Bell from Wayne State. He also had a very good senior bowl. If you like value, and anyone who reads my post knows I do, I think Starks and Bell represent good value from the 5th round on.  
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

So what's your point?  giving what historically the Patriots have done, glad you like Starks he is a good back and had amazing production at Buffalo.  If you wanted me to add him to my possible RBs in the 6th he won't be there.  Don't know if you are making a point for or against Spiller or Best, anyways like starks or not look at what the Patriots have done over the last 10 years when drafting RBs but again I added options in the 6th and on starks will be gone before the 6th so whay add him?

Use LM how they use faulk?  they had to use faulk how they wanted to use LM because he sucked last year.  They need to take touches away from LM instead of trying to get him more involved.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I'll have a go at this Mock thing using the likes I have seen from others Mocks.

#22 Sergio Kindle OLB

#44 Kareem Jackson CB(if Best were here I take him and change my RB pick later)

#47 Alex Carrington DE

#53 Dennis Pitta TE

#119 Emanuel Sanders WR

#190 James  Starks RB (probably too hopeful but I can dream, I'd package up the 6 and 2 7's to move up and get him a lil' earlier if I could)

#205(c) Mike Williams WR (I'll gamble for once in my life, if there) OR Zoltan Mesko P (I really don't think they would draft a punter but its a freebie, what the heck)

#229 Adrian Tracy OR Chris McCoy OLB

#231 Brandon Deaderick DE

#247(c) Cody Grimm SS (depth & special teams coverage ace)

#248(c) Brody Eldridge TE (he was such a good blocker that  he was used at guard and center in a pinch) OR Scott Sicko TE

#250(c) Dexter Davis OLB

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : So what's your point?  giving what historically the Patriots have done, glad you like Starks he is a good back and had amazing production at Buffalo.  If you wanted me to add him to my possible RBs in the 6th he won't be there.  Don't know if you are making a point for or against Spiller or Best, anyways like starks or not look at what the Patriots have done over the last 10 years when drafting RBs but again I added options in the 6th and on starks will be gone before the 6th so whay add him? Use LM how they use faulk?  they had to use faulk how they wanted to use LM because he sucked last year.  They need to take touches away from LM instead of trying to get him more involved.
    Posted by Pats7393

My only real point was that I do not believe the Patriots care if the RB is over 200lb for Faulks role.

I just sort of got off track with the value thing as I was focusing on receiving running backs.

As far as your question about Spiller and Best I do believe Spiller would be an excellent replacement for Faulk cause he can do all the same things including be a decent blocker. Unfortunately he does not fall to us at #22 and I do not want to move up to get him. Best would be a good replacement but I don't think he's suppose to be much of a blocker but better between the tackle runner (i.e. good vs. excellent). Again I don't think Best makes it to #44, unfortunately.

That's just sort of where I got into the whole later round thing.

I would be happy if Starks got close enough to the 6th round(end of 5th maybe) to try and make a move for him. 

I have no idea where exactly he goes but I bet anyone on this board there will be players available at various positions that we pick at that we ALL said would not be available. Happens every year. Heck even from start of this thread to now look how much things have changed. Players go all over the place after the 1st round and a half.

As far as LM vs Faulk you can't say what you said based on game play. Maybe you went to practices or training camp practices but you certainly can't say that from game time. They play completely different roles. How many times to you see Maroney run a draw or go out for a screen pass etc? VERY few compared to Faulk but when he does he is successful. LM is at his best in space. How many times does Faulk line up and run the ball as a lone back with Brady under center? VERY few and when he does he's not so successful either. Faulk gets more running lanes because they call more various plays and run more formations when he's in there and Brady is in shotgun. I love Faulk but that's his advantage. The other backs do not get that advantage. The offense is predictable when they are in there and the running lanes close up before the play even starts.

The other thing that absolutely cracks me up is fans whine about Maroney dancing from day 1 yet he's scoring he's over the 4 ypc mark all the time.

Then last year he runs hard and just steam rolls straight ahead and everyone is happy and saying yeah he's really running straight ahead and running harder than before. Then he ends with a 3.9 ypc avg and every one starts whining again. LOL

I will almost be happy when Maroney moves on. Not because I dislike him but because I can't stand listening to the fans every season whine about him.

I also crack up when people are like yeah we need a straight ahead power back line A. Smith like when we won the superbowl. Please he ran for 4.0, 3.9, and 3.5 ypc avgs during his time here and has a lifetime 3.9. Maroney's lifetime is 4.2.

Casual fans only believe what they think they see with out digging into the details. That takes too much effort for most. (not talking about you in any of this Pats)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

A line of Ty Warren, Vince Wilfork, Albert Haynesworth, and  Brandon Graham. I practically peed my pants thinking about that. 
    Posted by Supernova13

yeah, your pass rushing problems are solved.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Kevin Faulk weighed 195 in college, per LSU. They always pump up the stats and measurables. http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=301129 I HIGHLY doubt he was even 195 in college at his "playing" weight (maybe soaking wet with rocks in his pockets). The Patriots do not use LM for what ever reason the same way they use Faulk even though to me he looks great at that role. Better than he does in his traditional role. Now do the Pats not use him that way because he shows otherwise in practice than he does in his limited attempts at it during the season? Or strictly that Kevin is just better at it so why give LM some reps. Bottom line is they need a replacement for Faulk if the Patriots want to continue to run shotgun as much as they do and spread. The spread calls for a pass catching scat back like Faulk who can also block. I think it's easier to find the big between the tackles back even the veterans that are free agents every year can he had fairly easy. The first tier of pass catching backs is two; CJ Spiller and James Starks with over 120 receptions each. Starks I have mentioned on here before as a good value because he missed the 09 season with injury and people forgot about him. Yeah that 120+ receptions even though he missed 2009 season. He also was the schools all time leading rusher at  Buffalo (3,140). Starks accomplished the feat , as well, despite missing the entire 2009 season. The next tier of backs caught 60+ passes and include the likes of jahvid best, and Joe McKnight but the best of the bunch here is Joique Bell from Wayne State. He also had a very good senior bowl. If you like value, and anyone who reads my post knows I do, I think Starks and Bell represent good value from the 5th round on.  
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

When I first saw Moroney play I thought he would have some of the skills of Marshall Faulk. To me he had good height and is dangerous in the open field, I thought he was a guy that would really develop into a threat catching the ball and doing something with it. Lord knows he doesn't get into open space with his running ability.

I read an article this year on him about how he really struggled catching the ball when he got to the NFL because he was nervous and lost confidence. To me the guy is a head case and a waste of talent. I wonder how hard he works and what his mental state is? There's got to be more than just injuries and bad luck with this guy.

I remember watching Kevin Faulk his rookie year at training camp. He was fielding punts with one hand and looked so smooth with every thing he did. Honestly though, he looked too small and I never thought he would be as good as he is and for this long. Amazing.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'll have a go at this Mock thing using the likes I have seen from others Mocks. #22 Sergio Kindle OLB #44 Kareem Jackson CB(if Best were here I take him and change my RB pick later) #47 Alex Carrington DE #53 Dennis Pitta TE #119 Emanuel Sanders WR #190 James  Starks RB (probably too hopeful but I can dream, I'd package up the 6 and 2 7's to move up and get him a lil' earlier if I could) #205(c) Mike Williams WR (I'll gamble for once in my life, if there) OR Zoltan Mesko P (I really don't think they would draft a punter but its a freebie, what the heck) #229 Adrian Tracy OR Chris McCoy OLB #231 Brandon Deaderick DE #247(c) Cody Grimm SS (depth & special teams coverage ace) #248(c) Brody Eldridge TE (he was such a good blocker that  he was used at guard and center in a pinch) OR Scott Sicko TE #250(c) Dexter Davis OLB
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

Low,
    I've been thinking about adding Jackson at 44, but believe he'll be gone by then.  I do like him as an option though.

I also wouldn't touch Williams at any point in the draft.  Gamble or not, the kid broke the cardinal rule of sports. 

All in all, I'd be happy with this get.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

A line of Ty Warren, Vince Wilfork, Albert Haynesworth, and  Brandon Graham. I practically peed my pants thinking about that. 
    Posted by Supernova13

That would absolutely be scary.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : That would absolutely be scary.
    Posted by Faucetman

It would totally turn the defense around.  Pick up a 4-3 OLB in rd 2 and were golden!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : It would totally turn the defense around.  Pick up a 4-3 OLB in rd 2 and were golden!
    Posted by titletownfan

Maybe Daryll Washington or Sean Weatherspoon if he falls. 

We could trade #53 to the Redskins for Haynesworth. Then we trade #22 and #47 to the Titans for #16 and #78. We take Graham at #16, then take the best 4-3 OLB at #44, or if there is none worthy, take the best WR. Our defense would be beastly. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : It would totally turn the defense around.  Pick up a 4-3 OLB in rd 2 and were golden!
    Posted by titletownfan

Or trade up for Derrick Morgan, probably the best 43 end in the draft and a real good pass rusher. Hope Brian Price falls to the early 2nd round and trade up for him. Your pass rush on the end and up the middle just improved. Have Wilfork next to Price to keep the blockers off Mayo, to let him run sideline to sideline.

Draft the best outside linebacker you can find that can play in the 43, yet rush  a little bit (the kid from florida state had a good year and the pats brought him in). Hey, it would catch people by surprise and Morgan and Price are very good players that the pats could realisticly acquire.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Low, I've been thinking about adding Jackson at 44, but believe he'll be gone by then.  I do like him as an option though. I also wouldn't touch Williams at any point in the draft.  Gamble or not, the kid broke the cardinal rule of sports.  All in all, I'd be happy with this get.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Do you think he goes completely undrafted?

Its really so ridiculous, even if fun, to do a mock after the 1st. I mean Pats doesn't think Starks will be there in the 6th and really he's most likely correct which is why I said it was hopeful thinking but when guys like Guyton and Hoyer both predicted to be 5ths go undrafted... Well you just never know who will be there.

Actually, talking about this just maybe me think of something. 

I know we all have talked about the 3 day thing allowing for most likely more trades with teams having a break to reset their boards, but now I am wondering if those same breaks and board resets will prohibit fewer players from falling through the cracks and making it to UDFA status?

Hmmm

OK how about a complete 180 from zero to hero and take your boy Myron Rolle in that spot, if there?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

A lot of fans can't wait to get AD out of town because of his attitude how he dismisses BBs authority and direction.  Now fans are talking about bringing a higher paid AD?  He is nothing but a pain on the butt and after a big pay day how well did he play last year?  Other than his rookie season the guy has never played every game due to injury.  He's not the type of player both coaches and players say they want in the locker room, team first guys. 

Washington is going to a 34 and he refuses to play NT which would be a natural fit for a guy his size, real team guy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Maybe Daryll Washington or Sean Weatherspoon if he falls.  We could trade #53 to the Redskins for Haynesworth. Then we trade #22 and #47 to the Titans for #16 and #78. We take Graham at #16, then take the best 4-3 OLB at #44, or if there is none worthy, take the best WR. Our defense would be beastly. 
    Posted by Supernova13

Thadius Gibson comes to mind as a outside linebacker that can rush a little bit and has good size. The kid can also run, but that's not surprising coming from Ohio State. With the other additions and changes this defense looks better to me and we'd be able to rush.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

A lot of fans can't wait to get AD out of town because of his attitude how he dismisses BBs authority and direction.  Now fans are talking about bringing a higher paid AD?  He is nothing but a pain on the butt and after a big pay day how well did he play last year?  Other than his rookie season the guy has never played every game due to injury.  He's not the type of player both coaches and players say they want in the locker room, team first guys.  Washington is going to a 34 and he refuses to play NT which would be a natural fit for a guy his size, real team guy.
    Posted by Pats7393

No doubt the guy is a turd, but you gotta admit that when he was with Tennessee he was unblockable and made that defense better. It's no surprise that they want him back, even with his attitude.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : No doubt the guy is a turd, but you gotta admit that when he was with Tennessee he was unblockable and made that defense better. It's no surprise that they want him back, even with his attitude.
    Posted by mthurl

When he wants to play he's a beast, a freak, quick as a 200 RB but with a body of NT.  Just don't think he's a good option for a team who's trying to clean up their cheaper versions of Albert H. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

This is likely my last pre-draft mock, I may make a few small revisions on draft day, but I will likely just re-post this board when final pre-draft boards are called for.

Trades:
    #22 to SD for #28 and #92 (SD selects Ryan Matthews)
    #53 to JAX for #74 and #143 (JAX selects Tim Tebow)
    Matt Light to CHI for #141

#28 Jared Odrick-DL-Penn State
    While he may not be the most glamorous pick, BB has gone with lineman four times in the past decade.  Odrick at this point is the best lineman-both offensive and defensive-on the board right now.  He was a solid pass rusher in college and should be a starter very soon.

#44 Koa Misi-DE/OLB-Utah
    A great pass rusher, the best on the board at this point.  Misi should step in and have an impact on our awful pass rush on Day 1.  May start at OLB when the season ends.

#47 Toby Gerhart-HB-Stanford
    The pound it out, break the tackles, power back we need.  He can churn time when we need him to-a major problem last year, and get the goal line TD's without fumbling like Maroney.  The Heisman runner-up will be a major impact player from Day 1 and the most productive NE rookie.

#74 Andre Roberts-WR-The Citadel
    A deep threat opposite Randy Moss-exactly what the Patriots need.  BB likes Military school guys and Roberts is obviously one of them.  Good size, should be NE's #1 WR of the future.

#92 Dennis Pitta-TE-BYU
    The ideal pass-catching TE.  He will be a perfect complement to Alge Crumpler and will soon become one of Brady's favorites.  Solid size, and great hands and route running make him a great pick at this point.  Would likely be a higher pick if his age wasn't an issue-he's already 25yrs old.  However, that maybe a plus in BB's mind as adults usually fully mature at 25-26.

#118 Daniel Te'o Neshiem-OLB-Washngton
    An absolute beast pass rusher and a steal at this point in the draft.  DTN, as we should call him will team up with Misi to strengthen our pass rush, and make our LB corps one of the youngest and strongest in the league.

#141 Donovan Warren-CB-Michigan
    1st-2nd round talent.  Great size and speed.  Will likely slip to the 5th due to a ery poor 40 time.  What that means is that the Patriots are getting a steal and strengthen a solid but not great CB crew.

#143 Tony Washington-OT-Albiene Christian
    Rather not get into his character concerns-one act is very nasty-but the Pats are getting top-15 talent here.  Washington will anchor the RT position for several years as Nick Kazcur can't do it and Vollmer has to move to LT to replace Light.

#190 Scott Sicko-TE-New Hampshire
    A local star.  Sure he is a workout warrior but he is hard to pass up on at this point in the draft.  Should be a solid #3 TE and provide 20-25 receptions a season.

#205 Joe Webb-WR/QB-UAB
    An Edelman type prospect.  Has good upside and at this point in the draft is worth the pick.  We're golden if we find the next Edelman or pickup a backup QB here.

#229 Trevard Lindley-CB-Kentucky
    A 1st round prospect before this season, his stock plummetted this year, still in the 7th round he's worth a flyer.  He is solid overall-good in man to man, and has pretty good size.  Adds more depth to a solid but thin CB crew.

#231 Zoltan Mesko-P-Michigan
    We need a Punter, we only have David King, a rugby star who has never punted. Mesko is the best P in the draft.  Match-I think so

#247 Scott Long-WR-Louisville
    #248 Mike McLaughlin-ILB-BC
    #250 Matt McCracken-OG-Richmond

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Do you think he goes completely undrafted? Its really so ridiculous, even if fun, to do a mock after the 1st. I mean Pats doesn't think Starks will be there in the 6th and really he's most likely correct which is why I said it was hopeful thinking but when guys like Guyton and Hoyer both predicted to be 5ths go undrafted... Well you just never know who will be there. Actually, talking about this just maybe me think of something.  I know we all have talked about the 3 day thing allowing for most likely more trades with teams having a break to reset their boards, but now I am wondering if those same breaks and board resets will prohibit fewer players from falling through the cracks and making it to UDFA status? Hmmm OK how about a complete 180 from zero to hero and take your boy Myron Rolle in that spot, if there?
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

Well this could make you happy just an idea, Cleveland does not have any 4th round picks but have three 5th round and 2 6th round.

I would trade a 4th and 2nd of the 7th rnders for 2 5th and two 6th

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Cleveland also has 3 3rd round picks and 1 2nd round pick. 

The draft this year is a trade rich environment. I lot of teams will be looking to deal up into the 2nd where the value is, and with our abundance of 2nds, perhaps we deal into the 3rd where a team like Cleveland has an abundance. I would gladly give up our 53 for 2 of Clevelands 3rds. I'll take their own in the 3rd and get our 3rd back that they acquired from Oakland. now with 2 2nds and 2 3rds, this could be interesting...
    If we did this, we could use Cleveland's original 3rd rounder (7th in round 3) to go get Daniel Te'O, and our original 3rd (21st in round 3) to grab Pitta. 

Philly could also be another trading partner with 2 2nds and 2 3rds. Maybe they want to make another pick in round 1, our 22nd, and give up one of their 2nds and one of their 3rds...I'll take their 5th pick in round 2 they got from Washington and also their 6th pick in round 3 they got from Seattle. They seem as fat as us in this draft, or very close. 

Anyway, you get the idea....all picks in all places up for grabs. Personally, if the Pats are planning to run more 4-3 and nickel, I would like to see them make a short move up in round 1 and grab Graham. He starts as my 4-3/nickel DE. 
    The way I see it, Graham comes off the board 17-21 range...right before we pick. 

OK...Here's a question for everyone....Assuming the Pats do run more 4-3/nickel, how does this change your mocks?.....Anyone care to take a stab at rounds 1 and 2?