2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

Yeah, ditto, I took the Thurs/Fri off, ha.  LaCanfora was just talking about Cleveland being interested in Wilson at 7....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6:
    In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Congrats on being the 4000th poster. Excellent job mbeaulieu and to all who have contributed. I too have read every post here and have learned more this year than my 30 some odd years being a pats fan. Two and a half hours to go!
    Posted by digger0862

Ha, thanks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Where is Zbellino?  What are you predictions, Z?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Yeah, ditto, I took the Thurs/Fri off, ha.  LaCanfora was just talking about Cleveland being interested in Wilson at 7....
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Not the first to say that today, who said it?!!! ah can't remember who called Wilson "2nd best DB (yes DB not just CB) in this draft"

That would be a curveball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Not the first to say that today, who said it?!!! ah can't remember who called Wilson "2nd best DB (yes DB not just CB) in this draft" That would be a curveball.
    Posted by Pats7393

Jason LaCanfora was the guy talking about Wilson, he's some NFL Network reporter.

If Wilson develops into a shut down guy with some return ability he very well could be the 2nd best DB in the draft.  I'm assuming this person had Berry rated 1st?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Jason LaCanfora was the guy talking about Wilson, he's some NFL Network reporter. If Wilson develops into a shut down guy with some return ability he very well could be the 2nd best DB in the draft.  I'm assuming this person had Berry rated 1st?
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Yes, Berry #1 Wilson #2.

I don't think there's any chance Wilson gets to 22

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

Just wanted to add to those expressing appreciation for this thread. I checked in here to read what you all had to say every day and gained a lot of knowledge about various prospects and NE's needs/interests. It's really been an awesome place to get my draft fix, so thanks for everything you all posted.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

Awesome thread guys, you all make the folks at ESPN look like fools. You guys have done a teriffic job of sorting through all the potential picks - a job well done indeed.

There has also been some questioning lately as to who discovered Daniel Te'o Nesheim. As a point of gloating, I refer you all to page 76 of this thread. It was I that brought you all Daniel Te'o Nesheim. Egotism aside, I think he'll be great. If there's anyone I want the Pats to pick, it's him.

I'm really looking forward to these next few days.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Yes, Berry #1 Wilson #2. I don't think there's any chance Wilson gets to 22
    Posted by Pats7393

Wouldn't suprise me, top talent at premium positions tend to go fast come draft day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Awesome thread guys, you all make the folks at ESPN look like fools. You guys have done a teriffic job of sorting through all the potential picks - a job well done indeed. There has also been some questioning lately as to who discovered Daniel Te'o Nesheim. As a point of gloating, I refer you all to page 76 of this thread. It was I that brought you all Daniel Te'o Nesheim. Egotism aside, I think he'll be great. If there's anyone I want the Pats to pick, it's him. I'm really looking forward to these next few days.
    Posted by TheCommittee

Thanks TC, good call on DTN! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Interesting note from BB in his interview with Mayock:

He stated something to the effect that that round 1 they generally look inside out and down the middle, players that are involved in every play, basically OL/DL/S.  He talked a bit about CB, but stated those players aren't involved in every play.  There appears to be some truth to this based on their draft history in Rd 1 as 6 of their 9 1st rounders from 2001-2008 fit that profile, the exceptions being Watson, Graham and Maroney.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Had to change the Joseph pick, was reading a few negatives about him so back to Carrington, this is it.
    #22 Traded Tampa they pickup Dez Bryant, 35, 67 2011 2nd
    #35 Patrick Robinson CB 5'11" 190
    Good press CB, will help add depth behind Butler and Bodden.
    #44 Carlos Dunlap OLB/DE 6'6" 278 This pick happens if he convinced BB he learned from his mistakes.  He has everything BB looks for in an OLB.
    #47 Alex Carrington DE 6'5" 285 Good against the run and good pass rush from the DE. 
    #53 Daniel Te'O-Nesheim OLB 6'4" 263 I think we've said enough about him for most to be sold on him at this pick.  I think he will be a special one, saw an article where he says he has a reputation to uphold because he's fro HI, he said people tend to put those players in the tough and hard working column.
    #67 (From TB) Ben Tate RB 5'11" 220 Excellent combination of size and speed, can catch out of the backfield.  has speed to take it outside and size to run inside can also block.  Sounds like a 3 down back to me.
    #119  Mike Johnson OG/OT 6'5" 312 part of the OL which helped Ingram win the Heisman.  Has played RT and RG, good run blocker and also good in pass protection.  Adds depth at both spots, T and G.
    #190 Cole Pemberton OT 6'7" 315 Allowed only 1 sack all of 2009, the sack came against TCU's Jerry Hughes (lots of tackles gave up a sack to hughes).  This guy IMO will be a solid RT for the Patriots.  Running a 4.74 in short shuttle, not bad for a 315 man.
    #205(C) Sean Lissemore DE 6'4" 298 Small school, high motor guy who brings a nice pass rush and strengh to go through double teams to get to the QB.  Adds depth at DE/DT.
    #229 Scott Sicko TE 6'4" 251 I like this kid since he conducted what you would call pro day private workout for the Patriots, they were the only team to show up and were very impressed.
    #231 David Gettis WR 6'3" 217 good size and speed, catches everything thrown his way.  Has the tools to develop into a #1 with some developing and adjusting to the NFL
    #248(C) Dexter Davis OLB/ILB 6'2" 244 31 sacks in college, at 6'2" might be better inside than outside although he can certainly rush the pass as OLB.  Will be a very good special teams player at worse.
    #250(C) Mike Johnson ILB 6'3 250 instinctive player, plays well against the run and in coverage.  Smash mouth type player, one site calls him a 3rd/4th round talent that will go undrafted.  Ran a 4.65 40, can play both inside or outside and will contribute in special teams.  Can develop into a 3 down LB, adds great depth.  With this draft one of the weaknesses of the team will become a strenth, the LB group.
    #251(C) Jon Vanderwielen P 6'3" 223 higher % than top rate punters.  Here's a bit about this guy, projected as a UDFA but can't afford to compete with other teams for his services.
    "Vanderwielen, who redshirted and then did not play in either of his first two seasons, had 74 punts for 3,308 yards (the most in the nation), and he averaged 44.7 yards per punt, banging out 22 50-yard punts, forcing 24 fair catches, and pinning 21 punts inside the 20-yard line, including 12 inside the 10, and six inside the five. He set a school record with three punts of 70 or more yards in a season, and he tied a school record with two 70+ yard punts in a game..."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I was watching ESPN and Jaws came out and said he didn't see Tebow as a draftable NFL QB. He also said it's a slap in the face to the current players in the NFL to think that Tebow will overcome everything with just hard work. He said 'it's the NFL, everyone has to work hard.'

Again, nothing against him personally but I don't think the skill set is there. 

I think this just clinched the Pats taking Tebow. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

1:15 to go.  I understand my brother caused quite a stir (using my account) while I was at work, sorry about that.  I'm back and this is the real FAUCET.  Here we go.

I'm thinking Graham, Mathews, Kindle, Odrick or a trade down.  If Morgan is lingering around #10, would not shock me to see a move up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

Just wondering, was anyone else watching ESPN just now and did you see Mel Kiper freak out because Todd McShay says there are issues with Jimmy Clausen?

I've never seen his face get that red. It was kind of hilarious.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

I posted this mock a few days ago, and will now lock it in.  I'll probably do an update after round 1, and maybe after rounds 2-3.

Trades:
    #22 to SD for #28 and #92 (SD selects Ryan Matthews)
    #53 to JAX for #74 and #143 (JAX selects Tim Tebow)
    Matt Light to CHI for #141

#28 Jared Odrick-DL-Penn State
    While he may not be the most glamorous pick, BB has gone with lineman four times in the past decade.  Odrick at this point is the best lineman-both offensive and defensive-on the board right now.  He was a solid pass rusher in college and should be a starter very soon.

#44 Koa Misi-DE/OLB-Utah
    A great pass rusher, the best on the board at this point.  Misi should step in and have an impact on our awful pass rush on Day 1.  May start at OLB when the season ends.

#47 Toby Gerhart-HB-Stanford
    The pound it out, break the tackles, power back we need.  He can churn time when we need him to-a major problem last year, and get the goal line TD's without fumbling like Maroney. The Heisman runner-up will be a major impact player from Day 1 and the most productive NE rookie.

#74 Andre Roberts-WR-The Citadel
    A deep threat opposite Randy Moss-exactly what the Patriots need.  BB likes Military school guys and Roberts is obviously one of them.  Good size, should be NE's #1 WR of the future.

#92 Dennis Pitta-TE-BYU
    The ideal pass-catching TE.  He will be a perfect complement to Alge Crumpler and will soon become one of Brady's favorites.  Solid size, and great hands and route running make him a great pick at this point.  Would likely be a higher pick if his age wasn't an issue-he's already 25yrs old.  However, that maybe a plus in BB's mind as adults usually fully mature at 25-26.

#118 Daniel Te'o Neshiem-OLB-Washngton
    An absolute beast pass rusher and a steal at this point in the draft.  DTN, as we should call him will team up with Misi to strengthen our pass rush, and make our LB corps one of the youngest and strongest in the league.

#141 Donovan Warren-CB-Michigan
    1st-2nd round talent.  Great size and speed.  Will likely slip to the 5th due to a ery poor 40 time.  What that means is that the Patriots are getting a steal and strengthen a solid but not great CB crew.

#143 Tony Washington-OT-Albiene Christian
    Rather not get into his character concerns-one act is very nasty-but the Pats are getting top-15 talent here.  Washington will anchor the RT position for several years as Nick Kazcur can't do it and Vollmer has to move to LT to replace Light.

#190 Scott Sicko-TE-New Hampshire
    A local star.  Sure he is a workout warrior but he is hard to pass up on at this point in the draft.  Should be a solid #3 TE and provide 20-25 receptions a season.

#205 Joe Webb-WR/QB-UAB
    An Edelman type prospect.  Has good upside and at this point in the draft is worth the pick. We're golden if we find the next Edelman or pickup a backup QB here.

#229 Trevard Lindley-CB-Kentucky
    A 1st round prospect before this season, his stock plummetted this year, still in the 7th round he's worth a flyer.  He is solid overall-good in man to man, and has pretty good size.  Adds more depth to a solid but thin CB crew.

#231 Zoltan Mesko-P-Michigan
    We need a Punter, we only have David King, a rugby star who has never punted. Mesko is the best P in the draft.  Match-I think so

#247 Scott Long-WR-Louisville
    Depth at the WR position.  Good value at this point in the draft.

#248 Mike McLaughlin-ILB-BC
    Local guy for depth at LB.  Good hardworking guy.  

#250 Matt McCracken-OG-Richmond
    A division II star for depth at OG, rounding out the Draft Class of '10.

It's been a pleasure talking draft for the past few months my friends.  The speculation ends this weekend, though I'm hoping we'll all be back for some analysis before the NFL dead period.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Pats 7 round mock:

#22: Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas

#44: Rob Gronkowski, TE, Arizona

#47: Tyson Alualu, DE, California

#53: Koa Misi, LB, Utah

#119: Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford

#190: Mike Kafka, QB, Northwestern

#205: Kyle Williams, WR, Arizona State

#229: Brent Bowden, P, Virginia Tech

#231: Jameson Konz, FB/TE/H-Back, Kent State

#247: Aleric Mullins, NT, North Carolina

#248: Alex Daniels, OLB, Cincinnati

#250: Micah Johnson, ILB, Kentucky

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

T - 27 minutes gents!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'm suprised to see Brandon Ghee and LaMarr Houston invited to the draft.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

T-10 minutes

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

1st round mock, different scenario for the Patriots

1. St. Louis Rams Sam Bradford QB
    2. Detroit Lions Ndamukong Suh DT
    3. Tampa Bay Bucs Gerald McCoy DT
    4. Washington RedskinsEric Berry
    5. Kansas City Chiefs Russell Okung
    6. Seattle SeahawksBrian Bulaga OT 
    7. Cleveland Browns Kyle Wilson (stole from NFLN)
    8. Oakland Raiders Trent Williams
    9. Buffalo Bills Dez Bryant
    10. Jacksonville Jaguars JPP
    11. Denver Broncos Dan Williams
    12. Miami Dolphins Derrick Morgan OLB
    13. San Francisco Joe Haden CB
    14. Seattle Seahawks C.J. Spiller 
    15. New York Giants Rolando McClain LB
    16. Tennessee Titans Devin McCourty CB
    17. San Francisco 49ers Anthony Davis OT
    18. Pittsburgh Steelers Mike Iupati OG/OT
    19. Atlanta Falcons Brandon Graham OLB
    20. Houston Texans Earl Thomas
    21. Cincinnati Bengals Jermaine Gresham TE
    28. San Diego Chargers Ryan Matthews RB
    23. Green Bay Packers Charles Brown OT
    24. Philadelphia Eagles Maurkice Pouncey G/C
    25. Baltimore Ravens Jared Odrick DT
    26. Arizona Cardinals Sean Weatherspoon O/ILB
    27. Dallas Cowboys Golden Tate
    28. New England Patriots Get a 2nd 3rd for tradeSergio Kindle OLB
    29. New York Jets Jerry Hughes
    30. Minnesota VikingsTim Tebow
    31. Indianapolis Colts Roger Staffold OT/OG
    32. New Orleans Saints Daryl Washington

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

1:15 to go.  I understand my brother caused quite a stir (using my account) while I was at work, sorry about that.  I'm back and this is the real FAUCET.  Here we go. I'm thinking Graham, Mathews, Kindle, Odrick or a trade down.  If Morgan is lingering around #10, would not shock me to see a move up.
    Posted by Faucetman

I wouldn't be surprised if they make a play for Morgan. I'm one of the few that think they're going to the 43.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

STL is officially on the clock, enjoy the party!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

so far so good, now let the games begin Berry ? Okung ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

hahah love Gerald McCoy, that's what it should look like when you get drafted

Everyone is saying the next pick will be Trent Williams

Sections
Shortcuts