2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6:
    Here's my take on an updated depth chart.  Obviously it's too soon to determine if the new guys beat out the old guys but for the sake of fun, I listed them first. There are 50 players listed below.  There is room for 3 more to make the 53 man team.  I didn't include the 8 practice squad players.  I left open yellow boxes for areas we might address today.  I also included a list of players in the bottom in red that might get cut or traded.  I've included the ages of all the veterans and position drafted for the rookies.  The team is coming together. OFFENSE 23 Players Slot 24 Julian Edelman Tory Holt   PUP 29 W Welker WR #90 T Price 22 Brandon Tate   LOT 32 Matt Light 28 Mark LeVoir   LG 28 Logan Mankins 24 George Bussey 24 R Ohrnberger C 30 Dan Koppen 28 Dan Connolly   ROG 34 Stephen Neal 24 Ryan Wendell   RT 26 S Vollmer 31 Nick Kaczur   TE #42 R Gronkowski 32 Alge Crumpler   QB 33 Tom Brady 24 Brian Hoyer   RB 25 L Maroney 34 Kevin Faulk       25 BJ Green-Ellis           WR 33 Randy Moss           DEFENSE 24 Players DE   29 Ty Warren 28 Mike Wright   NT 28 Vince Wilfork 23 Ron Brace   DE 32 Damione Lewis 24 Myron Pryor   OLB 30 Tully Banta-Cain 28 Pierre Woods 26 Rob Ninkovich ILB 24 Jerod Mayo 24 T McKenzie 25 M Murrell ILB #62 B. Spikes 24 Gary Guyton   OLB #53 J. Cunningham 25 Shawn Crable   LCB #27 D McCourty 24 Darius Butler 26 J Wilhite RCB 29 Leigh Bodden 25 T Wheatley   SS 26 B Meriweather 23 Pat Chung   FS 26 James Sanders       SPECIAL TEAMS 3 Players                                  Pos Cuts PK 26 S Gostkowski   33 Sammy Morris P TBD   34 Fred Taylor H     33 Adalius Thomas LS 24 Jake Ingram   35 Shawn Springs KR #27 D McCourty   26 B McGowan PR     28 Eric Alexander       36 David Patton       24 Matthew Slater       29 Sam Aiken        
    Posted by Faucetman

Always like when you do that as it is a very good way of looking at it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Here's my take on an updated depth chart.  Obviously it's too soon to determine if the new guys beat out the old guys but for the sake of fun, I listed them first. There are 50 players listed below.  There is room for 3 more to make the 53 man team.  I didn't include the 8 practice squad players.  I left open yellow boxes for areas we might address today.  I also included a list of players in the bottom in red that might get cut or traded.  I've included the ages of all the veterans and position drafted for the rookies.  The team is coming together. OFFENSE 23 Players Slot 24 Julian Edelman Tory Holt   PUP 29 W Welker WR #90 T Price 22 Brandon Tate   LOT 32 Matt Light 28 Mark LeVoir   LG 28 Logan Mankins 24 George Bussey 24 R Ohrnberger C 30 Dan Koppen 28 Dan Connolly   ROG 34 Stephen Neal 24 Ryan Wendell   RT 26 S Vollmer 31 Nick Kaczur   TE #42 R Gronkowski 32 Alge Crumpler   QB 33 Tom Brady 24 Brian Hoyer   RB 25 L Maroney 34 Kevin Faulk       25 BJ Green-Ellis           WR 33 Randy Moss           DEFENSE 24 Players DE   29 Ty Warren 28 Mike Wright   NT 28 Vince Wilfork 23 Ron Brace   DE 32 Damione Lewis 24 Myron Pryor   OLB 30 Tully Banta-Cain 28 Pierre Woods 26 Rob Ninkovich ILB 24 Jerod Mayo 24 T McKenzie 25 M Murrell ILB #62 B. Spikes 24 Gary Guyton   OLB #53 J. Cunningham 25 Shawn Crable   LCB #27 D McCourty 24 Darius Butler 26 J Wilhite RCB 29 Leigh Bodden 25 T Wheatley   SS 26 B Meriweather 23 Pat Chung   FS 26 James Sanders       SPECIAL TEAMS 3 Players                                  Pos Cuts PK 26 S Gostkowski   33 Sammy Morris P TBD   34 Fred Taylor H     33 Adalius Thomas LS 24 Jake Ingram   35 Shawn Springs KR #27 D McCourty   26 B McGowan PR     28 Eric Alexander       36 David Patton       24 Matthew Slater       29 Sam Aiken        
    Posted by Faucetman

Good post, here's my feeling if they have a chance to upgrade some of the backup roles then why not?  Don't think they will be happy with just getting need type picks IMO they are looking to upgrade the complete roster.  There are some players who can certainly do that even in the 7th. 
    I want to see a FS, Scott Quentin 6'4" 224lbs Nothern Iowa.  Had him in my bag of tricks, he is as big as Kam C. but a better cover guy and faster.  This could be the guy BB has been looking for.  He can be had in the 5th, 1st year special teams on every special teams play while develops.  McGowan good bye!
    Overview

The size (6-4, 224) and speed (4.43 40) are not misprints. Scott's physical attributes intrigue scouts all over the league, and though it's not clear where his NFL position will be, he'll certainly be part of war room conversations throughout the second half of the draft.

After a very successful two years at Iowa Central Community College, Scott bade his time as a safety/linebacker/special teamer in 2008 (20 tackles, two for loss, interception). Given a chance to start as a senior, he came through with flying colors: Team MVP, first-team All-Missouri Valley with 49 tackles, five interceptions (one score) and four pass break-ups.

Scott held his own at the Texas vs. the Nation All-Star Challenge. The athleticism he showed at his pro day actually caused scouts to ask him to work out at receiver; although didn't catch every ball thrown his way, he looked good enough to potentially get a shot there at the next level. But he also shows good range and physicality as a centerfielder, so coaches who believe they can improve his tackling technique may push for him as a free safety prospect in the middle rounds.

Analysis

Read & React: Very quick reacting to plays in his area and able to get across the field in a hurry to help on those outside his immediate zone. Lacks great instincts and discipline, gets sucked in on play-action and fooled by misdirection when playing near the line. Takes too aggressive of an angle near the line, giving up the sideline instead of at least forcing plays inside.

Man Coverage: Has a surprisingly quick backpedal, taking slot receivers on occasion. Good change-of-direction despite his height, will stay with outside receivers but needs to prove coverage skills against quick pro receivers. Good ball skills, has the hands and ability to high-point that teams may try him as a receiver. Inexperienced pressing on the line.

Zone Coverage: True centerfielder, takes away deep balls with his height and athleticism. Goes from one sideline to the other to help corners or bring down receivers on his own. Can be an intimidating force on crossing routes, likes to make receivers feel his presence with a big hit. Better reacting to plays in front of him than anticipating routes. Will bite on play-action, leaving his man on an island outside.

Closing/Recovery: Excellent closing speed. Transitions from pedal to plant-and-drive well. Uses speed and size to track down players, even if initially taking a poor angle. Rangy player who gets to the sideline to contest deep balls.

Run Support: Willing in run support, closes on ballcarriers at the sideline or between the tackle and drags them down, though he usually played too far off the line of scrimmage to make a huge impact. Puts shoulder into pulling guards to hold his ground and maintain his gap near the goal line but won't overwhelm veteran pro linemen. Must learn to use his length to keep distance from blockers and disengage to make plays; gets pushed away too easily by linemen and fullbacks.

Tackling: Likes the physical aspect of the game. If a receiver is in his path, he will wrap him up and plant him. Likes to lower the shoulder as well, whether dislodging the ball from a receiver or aiding a teammate in making a stop. However, ducks his head too often, trying to grab a leg even if in position to blow up a running back and receiver near the line; will whiff against elusive ballcarriers. Looks for the hit instead of wrapping up in space at times. Susceptible to cut blocks due to his height, needs to feel those blocks and use his hands to defeat.

Intangibles: Plays with the confident, physical attitude that teams want. Good teammate, backs them when needed and congratulates them after plays. Junior college transfer. No major character concerns.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I'm looking for my last mock to see how much I screwed it up and found this that I had posted, not regarding to a player but here's my question.  After the 5 picks how much better do you feel after you look at who we play and who's running the ball for them (added a few of the draft picks I remember) can you guys see what you can find on these three guys?  I have limited information but all three look to be interesting late round DT/DE. Kade Weston 6'5" 325 Georgia Lorenzo Washington 6'4" 291 Alabama, has played NT but moved to DE in 2008 Brandon Deaderick 6'4" 314 Alabama, solid against the run These three guys played in the SEC and played well.  I really like the two Alabama guys, LW is projected as a 7th/UDFA and BD as a 6th or 7th rnder. Both of those guys have had experience as a 34 DE and both are good against the run.  I'm looking at the schedule next season and it is a tough one with a ton of top RBs Home Games vs. Miami Dolphins - R. Brown (if he's back from the knee) vs. Buffalo Bills - F. Jackson maybe Lynch (R) C.J. Spiller vs. New York Jets - Green L. Washington and LT vs. Baltimore Ravens - Rice, McGahee although this year with WRs they can move to a passing style offense vs. Cincinnati Bengals - C. Benson vs. Green Bay Packers - R. Grant draft a second RB T. Gerhart (R)? vs. Minnesota Vikings - AP draft a second RB (R)Toby Gerhart  Red w/ Farve Blue without vs. Indianapolis Colts - D. Brown, J. Addai Away Games at San Diego Chargers - Probably Matthews (R), Sproles at Cleveland Browns - J. Harrinson at Pittsburgh Steelers - R. Mendahall might not be the case now without homes at Chicago Bears - M. Forte and Chester Taylor(their OL is suspect but good RBs) balanced bad although now more of a passing attack with new OC at Detroit Lions - K. Smith (injured) will draft a back J. Dwyer (R)? at Buffalo Bills See above at Miami Dolphins see above at New York Jets  see above In blue, better running team than passing team In Red, better passing team than running team In Green, balanced A lot has been made including myself about a rusher but IMO a run stopper is as much of a need.  Dan Williams early if he's there if not a combination of a few guys.
    Posted by Pats7393

Deaderick is a guy I've spoken about before.  He would be a nice late round pick.

09/11/2009 - DE Brandon Deaderick, who barely missed any practices last week despite the fact he was shot in the arm Monday night during an apparent robbery attempt, missed practice this week to home after the death of his grandmother Sunday. 09/09/2009 - Brandon Deaderick's one tackle doesn't quite tell the story of his impact on No. 4 Alabama in the Crimson Tide's opening win over Virginia Tech. The effect was much more dramatic considering the defensive end was playing just five days after being shot in the left arm during a robbery attempt. "When you have a guy like Brandon Deaderick coming back and recovering as quick as he did, it gives you that extra energy boost in the fourth quarter and I think he was a big reason why we pulled away at the end of the game," quarterback Greg McElroy said. The bullet struck Deaderick's forearm and caromed into his hip. "I got an opportunity to do what I love (Saturday night) and I was healthy enough to do it," he said after the game. "So I went out there and helped my teammates. I love my teammates. I've been with them for five years now, and we've bled together and sweat together all through the offseason program." Deaderick described the incident last Monday night in the parking lot outside his apartment complex as "pretty scary" but said he thought it was a joke at first. "I pulled (in) and I saw him come up from the side. I tried to get the car pulled over," he said. "By the time I realized it was for real, the only thing I could do was go for the gun. Nothing goes through your mind. You react. That's what you do." Team doctors cleared Deaderick to play. Coach Nick Saban talked to his parents and medical staff and even someone who was an expert on gunshots before deciding to put him in the game. "I was in awe and amazement that he came back and practiced some on Wednesday, some on Thursday," Saban said. - AP Sports

Overview

Terrance Cody received much of the credit for Alabama's dominant defensive line play, but Deaderick's performance (36 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss, four sacks) was a major factor in Alabama's re-emergence as a national title contender in 2008. As such, he was expected to be a major contributor in 2009.

Before the start of the season, Deaderick was shot by a would-be car thief on August 31, 2009. The injury and improved play of backup Marcell Dareus limited Deaderick early in the season, contributing to less than scintillating statistics throughout the Tide's ride to the BCS National Championship.

Deaderick produced 23 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss and one sack while playing in 14 games (including 10 starts) as a senior. His career totals of 83 tackles, 13 tackles for loss and seven sacks over 31 starts is less than some defensive linemen posted last season alone.

Despite only marginal production, scouts are intrigued by Deaderick's size and versatility. The classic two-gap defender projects as a fit as a 4-3 tackle or 3-4 defensive end. If he can convince teams his off-field concerns are past him, his experience and ability to play multiple positions could result in a mid-round selection.

Analysis

Pass rush: At least moderate initial quickness, but lacks the acceleration to pressure the tackle's outside shoulder. Good use of leverage and strength for the bull rush. Effective swim move. Has to be more consistent getting his hands up in passing lanes. Doesn't protect his knees from the cut-block.

Run defense: His greatest strength. Very good size and strength to hold up to the run. Good use of leverage to anchor. Locates the ball and has powerful hands to stack the offensive tackle and shed the block to make the play in the hole. Only moderate lateral quickness and balance, but good effort to slide down the line in pursuit. Disciplined defender, works hard to keep contain.

Explosion: Inconsistent, but flashes enough initial quickness off the snap to disrupt the timing of the play. Good upper-body strength to rock the tackle back.

Strength: His most impressive trait. Powerful defender. Can control the blocker at the line of scrimmage, shed and make the play in the hole. Good leg drive as a bull-rusher and to anchor.

Tackling: Only moderate lateral agility to break down and make the tackle against quicker athletes. Good strength for the drag-down tackle. Hustles laterally, but has only phone booth quickness and struggles makes few tackles outside of the box.

Intangibles: Immature early in his career, but according to coaches, developed into a leader as a senior. Was arrested on July 14, 2007 and charged with giving a false name to police, resisting arrest, and criminal mischief (for cracking the window inside a patrol car with his head). Was shot in 2009 by a would-be car thief. Deaderick confronted the thief and was shot once. The bullet went through his arm, through his hip and out of an area near his groin. Showing his toughness, Deaderick suited up and played against Virginia Tech less than five days later. Received the team's Up-Front Award for the outstanding lineman in 2008. Won the Billy Neighbors Defensive Lineman Award during spring practice in 2009.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Deaderick is a guy I've spoken about before.  He would be a nice late round pick. 09/11/2009 - DE Brandon Deaderick, who barely missed any practices last week despite the fact he was shot in the arm Monday night during an apparent robbery attempt, missed practice this week to home after the death of his grandmother Sunday. 09/09/2009 - Brandon Deaderick's one tackle doesn't quite tell the story of his impact on No. 4 Alabama in the Crimson Tide's opening win over Virginia Tech. The effect was much more dramatic considering the defensive end was playing just five days after being shot in the left arm during a robbery attempt. "When you have a guy like Brandon Deaderick coming back and recovering as quick as he did, it gives you that extra energy boost in the fourth quarter and I think he was a big reason why we pulled away at the end of the game," quarterback Greg McElroy said. The bullet struck Deaderick's forearm and caromed into his hip. "I got an opportunity to do what I love (Saturday night) and I was healthy enough to do it," he said after the game. "So I went out there and helped my teammates. I love my teammates. I've been with them for five years now, and we've bled together and sweat together all through the offseason program." Deaderick described the incident last Monday night in the parking lot outside his apartment complex as "pretty scary" but said he thought it was a joke at first. "I pulled (in) and I saw him come up from the side. I tried to get the car pulled over," he said. "By the time I realized it was for real, the only thing I could do was go for the gun. Nothing goes through your mind. You react. That's what you do." Team doctors cleared Deaderick to play. Coach Nick Saban talked to his parents and medical staff and even someone who was an expert on gunshots before deciding to put him in the game. "I was in awe and amazement that he came back and practiced some on Wednesday, some on Thursday," Saban said. - AP Sports Overview Terrance Cody received much of the credit for Alabama's dominant defensive line play, but Deaderick's performance (36 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss, four sacks) was a major factor in Alabama's re-emergence as a national title contender in 2008. As such, he was expected to be a major contributor in 2009. Before the start of the season, Deaderick was shot by a would-be car thief on August 31, 2009. The injury and improved play of backup Marcell Dareus limited Deaderick early in the season, contributing to less than scintillating statistics throughout the Tide's ride to the BCS National Championship. Deaderick produced 23 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss and one sack while playing in 14 games (including 10 starts) as a senior. His career totals of 83 tackles, 13 tackles for loss and seven sacks over 31 starts is less than some defensive linemen posted last season alone. Despite only marginal production, scouts are intrigued by Deaderick's size and versatility. The classic two-gap defender projects as a fit as a 4-3 tackle or 3-4 defensive end. If he can convince teams his off-field concerns are past him, his experience and ability to play multiple positions could result in a mid-round selection. Analysis Pass rush: At least moderate initial quickness, but lacks the acceleration to pressure the tackle's outside shoulder. Good use of leverage and strength for the bull rush. Effective swim move. Has to be more consistent getting his hands up in passing lanes. Doesn't protect his knees from the cut-block. Run defense: His greatest strength. Very good size and strength to hold up to the run. Good use of leverage to anchor. Locates the ball and has powerful hands to stack the offensive tackle and shed the block to make the play in the hole. Only moderate lateral quickness and balance, but good effort to slide down the line in pursuit. Disciplined defender, works hard to keep contain. Explosion: Inconsistent, but flashes enough initial quickness off the snap to disrupt the timing of the play. Good upper-body strength to rock the tackle back. Strength: His most impressive trait. Powerful defender. Can control the blocker at the line of scrimmage, shed and make the play in the hole. Good leg drive as a bull-rusher and to anchor. Tackling: Only moderate lateral agility to break down and make the tackle against quicker athletes. Good strength for the drag-down tackle. Hustles laterally, but has only phone booth quickness and struggles makes few tackles outside of the box. Intangibles: Immature early in his career, but according to coaches, developed into a leader as a senior. Was arrested on July 14, 2007 and charged with giving a false name to police, resisting arrest, and criminal mischief (for cracking the window inside a patrol car with his head). Was shot in 2009 by a would-be car thief. Deaderick confronted the thief and was shot once. The bullet went through his arm, through his hip and out of an area near his groin. Showing his toughness, Deaderick suited up and played against Virginia Tech less than five days later. Received the team's Up-Front Award for the outstanding lineman in 2008. Won the Billy Neighbors Defensive Lineman Award during spring practice in 2009.
    Posted by Faucetman

Agree with you, here's day 3 mock:

Round 4, Pick 15 (113) Al Woods DE/DT 6'4" 309 LSU
    Round 5, Pick 19 (150) Scott Quentin FS 6'4" 224 Northern Iowa 
    Round 6, Pick 36 (205) (Compensatory) Brandon Deaderick DE/DT 6'4" 314 Alabama
    Round 7, Pick 22 (229) Cole Pemberton OT 6'7" 315 Colorado State (gave up 1 sack in 2009)
    Round 7, Pick 24 (231) Alfonso Smith RB 6'1" 211 Kentuky
    Round 7, Pick 40 (247) (Compensatory) Tim Knicky OLB 6'4" 252 Stephen F. Austin
    Round 7, Pick 41 (248) (Compensatory) Chris Scott OG 6'5" 319 Tennessee
    Round 7, Pick 43 (250) (Compensatory) Jon Vanderwielen P 6'3" 235 Idaho State

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Good post, here's my feeling if they have a chance to upgrade some of the backup roles then why not?  Don't think they will be happy with just getting need type picks IMO they are looking to upgrade the complete roster.  There are some players who can certainly do that even in the 7th.  I want to see a FS, Scott Quentin 6'4" 224lbs Nothern Iowa.  Had him in my bag of tricks, he is as big as Kam C. but a better cover guy and faster.  This could be the guy BB has been looking for.  He can be had in the 5th, 1st year special teams on every special teams play while develops.  McGowan good bye! Overview The size (6-4, 224) and speed (4.43 40) are not misprints. Scott's physical attributes intrigue scouts all over the league, and though it's not clear where his NFL position will be, he'll certainly be part of war room conversations throughout the second half of the draft. After a very successful two years at Iowa Central Community College, Scott bade his time as a safety/linebacker/special teamer in 2008 (20 tackles, two for loss, interception). Given a chance to start as a senior, he came through with flying colors: Team MVP, first-team All-Missouri Valley with 49 tackles, five interceptions (one score) and four pass break-ups. Scott held his own at the Texas vs. the Nation All-Star Challenge. The athleticism he showed at his pro day actually caused scouts to ask him to work out at receiver; although didn't catch every ball thrown his way, he looked good enough to potentially get a shot there at the next level. But he also shows good range and physicality as a centerfielder, so coaches who believe they can improve his tackling technique may push for him as a free safety prospect in the middle rounds. Analysis Read & React: Very quick reacting to plays in his area and able to get across the field in a hurry to help on those outside his immediate zone. Lacks great instincts and discipline, gets sucked in on play-action and fooled by misdirection when playing near the line. Takes too aggressive of an angle near the line, giving up the sideline instead of at least forcing plays inside. Man Coverage: Has a surprisingly quick backpedal, taking slot receivers on occasion. Good change-of-direction despite his height, will stay with outside receivers but needs to prove coverage skills against quick pro receivers. Good ball skills, has the hands and ability to high-point that teams may try him as a receiver. Inexperienced pressing on the line. Zone Coverage: True centerfielder, takes away deep balls with his height and athleticism. Goes from one sideline to the other to help corners or bring down receivers on his own. Can be an intimidating force on crossing routes, likes to make receivers feel his presence with a big hit. Better reacting to plays in front of him than anticipating routes. Will bite on play-action, leaving his man on an island outside. Closing/Recovery: Excellent closing speed. Transitions from pedal to plant-and-drive well. Uses speed and size to track down players, even if initially taking a poor angle. Rangy player who gets to the sideline to contest deep balls. Run Support: Willing in run support, closes on ballcarriers at the sideline or between the tackle and drags them down, though he usually played too far off the line of scrimmage to make a huge impact. Puts shoulder into pulling guards to hold his ground and maintain his gap near the goal line but won't overwhelm veteran pro linemen. Must learn to use his length to keep distance from blockers and disengage to make plays; gets pushed away too easily by linemen and fullbacks. Tackling: Likes the physical aspect of the game. If a receiver is in his path, he will wrap him up and plant him. Likes to lower the shoulder as well, whether dislodging the ball from a receiver or aiding a teammate in making a stop. However, ducks his head too often, trying to grab a leg even if in position to blow up a running back and receiver near the line; will whiff against elusive ballcarriers. Looks for the hit instead of wrapping up in space at times. Susceptible to cut blocks due to his height, needs to feel those blocks and use his hands to defeat. Intangibles: Plays with the confident, physical attitude that teams want. Good teammate, backs them when needed and congratulates them after plays. Junior college transfer. No major character concerns.
    Posted by Pats7393

Wow, good call on Quentin Scott.  I hadn't heard of him before but you're right, 6-4, 225 and runs a 4.43?  Are you kidding me?  As Prime Time would say, "I can work with that."  The Pats are still looking for a big physical - call it box safety - that can support the run, cover the TE and come on a blitz.  Will be keeping an eye on this kid.  We still have Rashad Jones, Kam Chancellor, Myron Rolle (who I personally don't like for his elitist attitude) in play.  I do believe we will see a big safety taken today and say bye-bye to McGowan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Wow, PHI has 4 picks in the 4th round; 105, 121, 122, 125.  They are gonna load up as much as us.

13 Brandon Graham
    37 Nate Allen
    86 Daniel Te'o-Nesheim

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Wow, PHI has 4 picks in the 4th round; 105, 121, 122, 125.  They are gonna load up as much as us. 13 Brandon Graham 37 Nate Allen 86 Daniel Te'o-Nesheim
    Posted by Faucetman

Possible trading partner?  I still think the Pats move up somewhere and give up a few picks to move up.  They picked 5 already, have 4 comp picks and another 4 picks which I'm sure they'll move around with.  Can see 12 guys picked total.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

For those critical of the Patriots being quite in F/A as compared to the moves made by the Jets and Dolphins, the below should be encouraging.  Those moves made by our opponents came at a price, especially for the Jets.  We are clearly the winners in the draft so far and I don't see any of our AFC EAST opponents having a better draft.  Keep in mind we also have a pair of 1sts and 2nds next year.

BuffaloMiamiNew EnglandNew York Jets
    #9 RB CJ Spiller#28 DT J Odrick#27 CB D McCourty#29 CB K Wilson
    #41 DT Torell Troup#40 OLB Koa Misi#42 TE R Gronkowski#61 OT V Ducasse
    #72 DE A Carrington#73 OT John Jerry#53 OLB J Cunningham#124
    #107#126#62 ILB B Spikes#198
    #140#145#90 WR Taylor Price#236
    #178#174#113 
    #192#179#150 
    #209#212#205 
    #216#219#229 
     #252#231 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Philly was getting ancient in the front seven. They need all those players. I still wouldn't mind NE spreading the wealth and going after someone like Sapp or Griffen. But McCluster is still out there, Dwyer is still out there. 

Like all the picks. Great prospects. I think McCourty was a good player, if anyone remembers my rant on why you draft a corner every year from three to four years ago -- I can always see the logic in day one corners. The position  is so overpaid, that it is a poor place to make FA acquisitions and a great place to develop. It is also huge given the sheer amount of time spent in Nick package these days . . .like they say . ..  dime is the new nickel. 

At the same time, if Hughes is setting QBs down gently, I will be tempted to assume he would work as well in NE's system and second guess McCourty. hahahaha-- I hate it when people do that. 

Love the Spikes selection. Can't say enough. 

I hope they can get a RB who isn't 45 years old, because I reckon Crumpler plus Gronk will be about as vicious dub TE package as there is from a blocking perspective. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Watching Gronk yesterday it reminded me of the Bradyesk excitment we've seen but not so much last year.  This guy appears to have a personality that can be contaigeous.  What a smart move by BB!  I can see him inject Brady with that child like exciment we all loved seen from out QB.

I can't say enough about how happy I am even though I didn't get Roberts or Te'O or Ben Tate.

I might still be able to get Gettis WR, Alfonson Smith RB or Mike Johnson although with Spikes another MLB is highly unlikely.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Changing the Al Woods pick, just read he's unmotivated and a few other negatives.

Round 4, Pick 15 (113) Lindsey Witten OLB/DE 6'5" 252 UConn
    Round 5, Pick 19 (150) Scott Quentin FS 6'4" 224 Northern Iowa 
    Round 6, Pick 36 (205) (Compensatory) Brandon Deaderick DE/DT 6'4" 314 Alabama
    Round 7, Pick 22 (229) Cole Pemberton OT 6'7" 315 Colorado State (gave up 1 sack in 2009)
    Round 7, Pick 24 (231) Alfonso Smith RB 6'1" 211 Kentuky
    Round 7, Pick 40 (247) (Compensatory) Tim Knicky OLB 6'4" 252 Stephen F. Austin
    Round 7, Pick 43 (250) (Compensatory) Jon Vanderwielen P 6'3" 235 Idaho State

UDFA
    Kyle Harrington DE 6'5" 291 UMass
    plays in a 34 in college, has played NT and DE.  Extremely strong kid, put up 43 reps.  Has all the tools to be a starter with NFL, will need to be coached up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I second that, Gronk seems like a guy that makes it more fun to play with, has contagious excitement, and will be an outstanding team member.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Pats trade up for Griffen, 4th and 2 7ths

Round 4, Pick 2 (100) Everson Griffen DE/OLB USC
    Round 5, Pick 19 (150) LeGarrette Blount HB Oregon
    Round 6, Pick 36 (205) (Compensatory) Brandon Deaderick DE/DT Alabama
    Round 7, Pick 40 (247) (Compensatory) Cole Pemberton OT Colorado State
    Round 7, Pick 43 (250) (Compensatory) Jon Vanderwielen P 6'3" 235 Idaho

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Wow, what night, a whole lot of action!

Below are my feelings on each pick:

Gronkowski- I'll eat crow on Hernandez, he's still on the board, so I was dead wrong.  I'm liking this Gronkowski pick a lot and give props to Low-FB as he's been calling for this guy for some time.  I hope he takes that enthusiasm and intensity to the football field because wow, the kid is a monster.  I will now call him.......DRAGO!

Cunningham- I've been on this kid for a while and like this pick a lot, many state that he consistently outplayed Dunlap on the outside.  While I think they'll need some time to develop a bit, he has the size and athleticism to make a difference off the edge and if you watch the tape, he seems to be around the play/football often.

Spikes- I was the Mayor of Spikesville for sometime and was disappointed with his40, didn't think he'd go in round 2.  Needless to say, I'm extremely happy with this pick as he represents the big thumper next to Mayo in the middle, I also think he can be a 3 down player as while his straightline speed is lacking, his short area quickness (3C was faster than Weatherspoon's) looks pretty good, he's also shown the ability to drop back into coverage effectively on tape.

Price- I was disappointed that they were unable to move up for Sanders or Decker or Roberts, but I've read some good press on this kid, that he was completely underutilized in Ohio's offense, good seperation ability, size, durability, work ethic, maturity, upside and you can't deny that straightline speed.  He didn't appear as fast laterally though (4.34 SS) but he's quick in and out of his breaks (6.83 3C) and has the ability to stretch the field.

Mock to follow.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Philly was getting ancient in the front seven. They need all those players. I still wouldn't mind NE spreading the wealth and going after someone like Sapp or Griffen. But McCluster is still out there, Dwyer is still out there.  Like all the picks. Great prospects. I think McCourty was a good player, if anyone remembers my rant on why you draft a corner every year from three to four years ago -- I can always see the logic in day one corners. The position  is so overpaid, that it is a poor place to make FA acquisitions and a great place to develop. It is also huge given the sheer amount of time spent in Nick package these days . . .like they say . ..  dime is the new nickel.  At the same time, if Hughes is setting QBs down gently, I will be tempted to assume he would work as well in NE's system and second guess McCourty. hahahaha-- I hate it when people do that.  Love the Spikes selection. Can't say enough.  I hope they can get a RB who isn't 45 years old, because I reckon Crumpler plus Gronk will be about as vicious dub TE package as there is from a blocking perspective. 
    Posted by zbellino

McCluster went to KC at 36.  But Dwyer, Dixon, Blount, McKnight are still there.  I would not be shocked if we took Charles Scott out of LSU at 205.  He's a big FB type and we missed Heath Evans last year.  With our other threats a FB coming out of the backfield is often uncovered.  Clay Harbor and John Connor are a couple others I would be excited to get.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Best Speed Rushers available. Here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Pats trade up for Griffen, 4th and 2 7ths Round 4, Pick 2 (100) Everson Griffen DE/OLB USC Round 5, Pick 19 (150) LeGarrette Blount HB Oregon Round 6, Pick 36 (205) (Compensatory) Brandon Deaderick DE/DT Alabama Round 7, Pick 40 (247) (Compensatory) Cole Pemberton OT Colorado State Round 7, Pick 41 (248) (Compensatory) Chris Scott OG 6'5" 319 Tennessee Round 7, Pick 43 (250) (Compensatory) Jon Vanderwielen P 6'3" 235 Idaho
    Posted by titletownfan

I'm not sure we'd take both Scott and Blount but I like were you went with this.  Griffen is freakishly athletic and represents tremendous value at this point.  He is my top player left on my board.  This give us extra insurance that either he or Cunningham pan out. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd take Sapp or Griffen at this point and be happy with it. Surprised they both are here at this point, I think the corner back depth had a lot to do with it.

To me Griffen is one of the better tacklers I've seen for a guy that big, he can break down in space like a much smaller player. As for Sapp, he'd take a couple of years to get stronger and maybe they feel they already have a guy like him in Crable.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

Well, no more Everson Griffen. 

Now who? Maybe Wootton or Woods.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Todays’ projection:

Round 4, Pick 15 (113) Aaron Hernandez J

Round 5, Pick 19 (150) S Myron Rolle FSU 

Round 6, Pick 36 (205) (Compensatory) Brandon Deaderick DE/DT Alabama or OT Kyle Calloway Iowa

Round 7, Pick 22 (229) WR Kerry Meier Kansas

Round 7, Pick 24 (231)  QB Sean Canfield Oregon State *EDIT*

Round 7, Pick 40 (247) (Compensatory) DL Vince Oghobaase DE/DE Duke

Round 7, Pick 41 (248) (Compensatory) OT Chris Marinelli Stanford

Round 7, Pick 43 (250) (Compensatory) S Chris Maragos Wisconsin

Potential RB’s:

Anthony Dixon Miss State

Charles Scott LSU

James Starks Buffalo

Keiland Williams LSU

Andre Dixon Uconn

Joique Bell Wayne State

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

why does no one talk about Norwood. His production is off the charts. Very similar measureables except bit smaller to Te'O and Hughes and equal production in sacks, tackles, Int's while playing against SEC competition.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'll tell yeah I was surprised Pete Carroll kept passing on his players from USC, when the league sees that happen I'm sure it raises eyebrowes. Alot of these kids dropped like rocks in the draft and one of them actualy expressed his dissapointment. Imagine playing for the guy for 3 or 4 years, giving him all you've got and he picks another safety or wideout over you and then you free fall 30 spots loosing millions. LOL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Here are a couple of other ideas heading into today.

TE Doren Dickerson - would be a nice weapon.  TE/ H Back with WR speed in the mold of Dustin Keller or Keith Byars.  BB could have fun with this kid.

RB Jonathan Dwyer - Once a first round grade, then a 2nd, then dropped like a stone for no apparent reason.  He was very productive at GT and runs well IMO for his size.

TE Dennis Pitta - Showed the best hands at the Combine IMO.  Can't believe he's still on the board.  Sure he's older (25) but that isn't always bad.  Would love to add him to Gronkowsi.

TE Aaron Hernandez - another fast TE with hands.  What the heck did this kid do to drop this far?

OT Bruce Campbell - Had the best combine of any player.  Inconsistent tape but given the right coaching he could solve our problem at RT for years.  So athletic, can't believe he's still around, was a sure 1st rounder after the Combine.

OG Marshall Newhouse - Now that we have that 150 pick would jump on him there.  Very athletic pulling Guard.

FS Rashad Jones - Had him graded much higher than this.  Could be the Rodney Harrison type S we've been looking for.

SS Kam Chancellor - ditto Jones.

DE Clifton Geathers - at 20 just a freak in size and athletic ability.  Reminds of Ed Too Tall Jones.  Needs time to develop.  I'd consider him with every pick from here on out.  His ceiling is way up there. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Here are a couple of other ideas heading into today. TE Doren Dickerson - would be a nice weapon.  TE/ H Back with WR speed in the mold of Dustin Keller or Keith Byars.  BB could have fun with this kid. RB Jonathan Dwyer - Once a first round grade, then a 2nd, then dropped like a stone for no apparent reason.  He was very productive at GT and runs well IMO for his size. TE Dennis Pitta - Showed the best hands at the Combine IMO.  Can't believe he's still on the board.  Sure he's older (25) but that isn't always bad.  Would love to add him to Gronkowsi. TE Aaron Hernandez - another fast TE with hands.  What the heck did this kid do to drop this far? OT Bruce Campbell - Had the best combine of any player.  Inconsistent tape but given the right coaching he could solve our problem at RT for years.  So athletic, can't believe he's still around, was a sure 1st rounder after the Combine. OG Marshall Newhouse - Now that we have that 150 pick would jump on him there.  Very athletic pulling Guard. FS Rashad Jones - Had him graded much higher than this.  Could be the Rodney Harrison type S we've been looking for. SS Kam Chancellor - ditto Jones. DE Clifton Geathers - at 20 just a freak in size and athletic ability.  Reminds of Ed Too Tall Jones.  Needs time to develop.  I'd consider him with every pick from here on out.  His ceiling is way up there. 
    Posted by Faucetman

Wow, I forgot about Dwyer, ha. 

I think his problem is he tested as slow in any direction 40 (4.64), 3C (7.56), SS (4.67).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Wouldn't be surprised if the guy they take next, nobody ever heard of. They haven't done it in this draft yet and they are due.