2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

Anyone think the Pats will draft this kid late if available?

John Skelton  l Quarterback l Fordham

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Wow, that just made my weekend.

Of course I only had him 69 picks too high, ha.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

I like the pick. Alge Crumpler will be the big blocking TE, while mentoring the other two. Hernandez is a receiving threat who can split out wide and had fantastic production. Gronkowski will fill both roles, blocking and receiving. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

A.J. Edds just went. I know a lot of you were high on him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6:
    Anyone think the Pats will draft this kid late if available? John Skelton   l Quarterback l Fordham
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

Yes, I think he's an option, great size and arm strength, looks to have decent accuracy from what I've read, all things BB likes in his QB's.  The level of competition is the big question.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Edds gone, still hopping for Dexter Davis or Tim Knicky, Davis 31 career sacks, Knicky 12.5 sacks last year.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Wow, offense is starting to take shape now.

Moss, Tate, Edeleman, Holt, Price

Hernandez, Crumpler, Gronkowski

Faulk, Maroney, Taylor

It appears there are some options for Tom to pass to now, should be very interesting....Why the hell was Hernandez still there in the 4th?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Hernandez is only 6'2" tall? Kind of short for a TE?
    Posted by bobbysu

Watson 6-3 255
    Graham 6-3 257
    Hernandez 6-2 245

Hernandez isn't an inline guy, but his speed, quickness, verstility and athleticism will allow BB to move him all over the field.  He's a Dallas Clark type kid....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

A.J. Edds just went. I know a lot of you were high on him.
    Posted by Supernova13

Good pick for Miami.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

Wow, offense is starting to take shape now. Moss, Tate, Edeleman, Holt, Price Hernandez, Crumpler, Gronkowski Faulk, Maroney, Taylor It appears there are some options for Tom to pass to now, should be very interesting....Why the hell was Hernandez still there in the 4th?
    Posted by mthurl

Because of character concerns and he is one dimensional. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Edds gone, still hopping for Dexter Davis or Tim Knicky, Davis 31 career sacks, Knicky 12.5 sacks last year.
    Posted by Pats7393

Another Good one. I like Norwood better, based on his insane tackle numbers and level of competition,  but I had DD in my mock i had posted on here as one of the Pats last picks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

I cannot believe Sapp is still sitting there. His knee must be pretty bad.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

Al Woods to the Saints

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Gronk and AH, you can't do much better at restocking one position in a single draft. At least on paper.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Another Good one. I like Norwood better, based on his insane tackle numbers and level of competition,  but I had DD in my mock i had posted on here as one of the Pats last picks.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

I've been raving about Davis for a long time now and think in the 7th he will be great value same for Knicky, both would be in rotation while they develop and IMO are an improvement over current LBs on the roster. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

There goes norwood, good 43 OLB IMO

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Because of character concerns and he is one dimensional. 
    Posted by Supernova13

I'm still curious of these character concerns.  Mayock mentioned them and there was some article on Fox Sports that mentioned them but no detail was provided.  I know his father passed away in HS and he had a hard time coping, but I haven't been able to find any pure character issues.

Anyone have any info?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Restocking with these TE's should help remove some of the predictability of this offense going forward...if our OC can scheme enough to use them....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Ricky Sapp continues to fall.  Must be a bad medical.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : I'm still curious of these character concerns.  Mayock mentioned them and there was some article on Fox Sports that mentioned them but no detail was provided.  I know his father passed away in HS and he had a hard time coping, but I haven't been able to find any pure character issues. Anyone have any info?
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Yeah, I couldn't find anything specific either. The analysts are constantly talking about it but they never say what he did. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Jonathan Dwyer
    Rashad Jones
    Kam Chancellor
    Clifton Geathers
    Anthony Dixon
    LaGarrett Blount
    Austen Lane

????

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

I must be in the minority but I think the PATS missed a golden opportunity to get some much better talent then what they drafted.  Guess they want to keep all these 6 and 7th round picks (not the compensetory ones I know you cant trade them).

In the whole draft they moved up once, a whopping 2 spots for the TE.  Really thought they would move up today and get another OLB or DE.  But no, there name says it all, they stand PAT.

Now I agree, they got some good players, but with all the picks they had, they really good have gotten alot more.  Maybe im just being greedy.  Would have liked to see them be allittle more aggressive going after some of these guys instead of hoping they fall into there laps

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

http://www.zimbio.com/Football/articles/fGBseaetzim/Gator+Aaron+Hernandez+Wears+Heart+Arm

Good article on Hernandez, I like him.  He has had nothing but adversity in his life and the kid keeps fighting, all I have to say after reading his is wow.  I think the off field issues are understood and sounds like he has moved on.

Also a rican in the league and as a Patriot, I'm sold!