2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6:
    I must be in the minority but I think the PATS missed a golden opportunity to get some much better talent then what they drafted.  Guess they want to keep all these 6 and 7th round picks (not the compensetory ones I know you cant trade them). In the whole draft they moved up once, a whopping 2 spots for the TE.  Really thought they would move up today and get another OLB or DE.  But no, there name says it all, they stand PAT. Now I agree, they got some good players, but with all the picks they had, they really good have gotten alot more.  Maybe im just being greedy.  Would have liked to see them be allittle more aggressive going after some of these guys instead of hoping they fall into there laps
    Posted by Patsman2

Names of better players who you would have picked rather than who they got?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

Dang it, O'Brein Schofield went to the Cards. I really wanted him. He won't be able to play until 2011, but I think he will be a great rusher. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

I must be in the minority but I think the PATS missed a golden opportunity to get some much better talent then what they drafted.  Guess they want to keep all these 6 and 7th round picks (not the compensetory ones I know you cant trade them). In the whole draft they moved up once, a whopping 2 spots for the TE.  Really thought they would move up today and get another OLB or DE.  But no, there name says it all, they stand PAT. Now I agree, they got some good players, but with all the picks they had, they really good have gotten alot more.  Maybe im just being greedy.  Would have liked to see them be allittle more aggressive going after some of these guys instead of hoping they fall into there laps
    Posted by Patsman2

ONCE AGAIN, I have to open your simple mind to the possibility that MAYBE all those other teams before the Patriots DID NOT want to trade with them & the Patriots TRIED to move up but couldn't without really giving up too much.  MAYBE all the other teams before the Patriots, don't want the Partiots to get better & they also had players that they want & don't want to give up their position in getting said player...

Please use some common sense before you think they DIDN'T just do something you wanted the Patriots to do!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

Ricky Sapp to the Eagles.
    How many pass rushers do they need. They have drafted Brandon Graham, Daniel Te'o, and now Sapp. I understand the BPA theory, but that is ridiculous. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Chancellor gone to the Seahawks, can't wait to hear what Taylor Mays has to say now lol.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Dominique Franks in the 5th?!  Wasn't he at one time projected as a 2nd rounder?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

Ricky Sapp to the Eagles. How many pass rushers do they need. They have drafted Brandon Graham, Daniel Te'o, and now Sapp. I understand the BPA theory, but that is ridiculous. 
    Posted by Supernova13

Probably to then test them all & keep the best ones, develop the next level & not have to worry about that position so much in later year drafts.

Did they loose a lot of DE to injuries this past couple years?  That might have to do with it too, if so.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : ONCE AGAIN, I have to open your simple mind to the possibility that MAYBE all those other teams before the Patriots DID NOT want to trade with them & the Patriots TRIED to move up but couldn't without really giving up too much.  MAYBE all the other teams before the Patriots, don't want the Partiots to get better & they also had players that they want & don't want to give up their position in getting said player... Please use some common sense before you think they DIDN'T just do something you wanted the Patriots to do!
    Posted by mrtm70

Oh please stop with the stupid conspiracy theories that everyone is out to get the Patriots and will not trade with them.  If that was the case why are so many teams willing to trade down with the pats and give them 1 and 2's in later drafts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Probably to then test them all & keep the best ones, develop the next level & not have to worry about that position so much in later year drafts. Did they loose a lot of DE to injuries this past couple years?  That might have to do with it too, if so.
    Posted by mrtm70

They already had a Pro Bowl DE in Trent Cole, and they traded for Daryll Tapp. I guess they are going to try to sack McNabb so many times his body falls apart. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Leon Washington to Seattle, wow Pete is sure having himself a great draft. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

Leon Washington to Seattle, wow Pete is sure having himself a great draft. 
    Posted by Pats7393

Pete is freaking out on Seahawks cam. He is hugging people and fake punching people. He looks like a kid in a candy shop.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

The draft in its whole seems to me to be about BB getting back to his "roots" if you will of drafting tough, football guys that will fit with Patriots football. And getting away from standard draft board think. As a more casual fan of the draft, the McCourtey and many of the rest these picks left me thinking something like "Logan who?" That seemed to work out OK. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Dolphins got a good cover CB, damn it!  He'll be a nickel guy this year.  Solid guy, Nollan Carrol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Jonathan Dwyer
    Rashad Jones
    Clifton Geathers
    Anthony Dixon
    LaGarrett Blount
    Austen Lane
    Marshall Newhouse

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

Zoltan Mesko. Fill the punter need.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

A punter?! first pick I do not like.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

we really need to get a running back.... would love to see them pick up Jonathan Dwyer I think as a 5th round pick its great value...........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Got our punter.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Updated Depth chart.  Mesko was a reach but with 8 players sure to make the team, not much room left anyway.

OFFENSE 24 Players
    Slot24 Julian EdelmanTory Holt PUP 29 W Welker
    WR#90 T Price22 Brandon Tate 
    LOT32 Matt Light28 Mark LeVoir 
    LG28 Logan Mankins24 George Bussey24 R Ohrnberger
    C30 Dan Koppen28 Dan Connolly 
    ROG34 Stephen Neal24 Ryan Wendell 
    RT26 S Vollmer31 Nick Kaczur 
    TE#42 R Gronkowski32 Alge Crumpler#113 A. Hernandez
    QB33 Tom Brady24 Brian Hoyer 
    RB25 L Maroney34 Kevin Faulk 

25 BJ Green-Ellis 

WR33 Randy Moss 

DEFENSE 24 Players
    DE 29 Ty Warren28 Mike Wright 
    NT28 Vince Wilfork23 Ron Brace 
    DE32 Damione Lewis24 Myron Pryor 
    OLB30 Tully Banta-Cain28 Pierre Woods26 Rob Ninkovich
    ILB24 Jerod Mayo24 T McKenzie25 M Murrell
    ILB#62 B. Spikes24 Gary Guyton 
    OLB#53 J. Cunningham25 Shawn Crable 
    LCB#27 D McCourty24 Darius Butler26 J Wilhite
    RCB29 Leigh Bodden25 T Wheatley 
    SS26 B Meriweather23 Pat Chung 
    FS26 James Sanders  

SPECIAL TEAMS 3 Players                                 Pos Cuts
    PK26 S Gostkowski 33 Sammy Morris
    P#150 Zoltan Mesko 34 Fred Taylor
    H  33 Adalius Thomas
    LS24 Jake Ingram 35 Shawn Springs
    KR#27 D McCourty 26 B McGowan
    PR  28 Eric Alexander
       36 David Patton
       24 Matthew Slater
       29 Sam Aiken

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

I had the player, but the wrong spot in my mock.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Punter in the 5th round?  NO RB, NO DE, NO OL.  A punter?  IM sure you all got BB's back on this pick as well.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

I have no problem with this pick, as it fills a need and he is going to make the squad. No one else we pick will be a lock to make the 53 man team. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

Reports saying Jason Campbell traded to the Raiders. Not good for our draft next year. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

I have no problem with this pick, as it fills a need and he is going to make the squad. No one else we pick will be a lock to make the 53 man team. 
    Posted by Supernova13

And as I mentioned in another posts...we don't draft again till the end of the 6th round, so I don't think they wanted to gamble on him being there till then, especially where is is a very important position, though a very unglamourous one.  With better field position, we can play more agressively on D & thus get better offensive field position when the opposing team punts after going 3 & out!

Sections
Shortcuts