2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

Trindon Holliday is a Texan..another potential playmaker gone..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

there goes gettis

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6:
    In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Dude go be a troll somewhere else, don't really care to hear you BS.
    Posted by Pats7393

Sorry Dude I dont kiss BB's butt like you do. This is a discussion and opionion board. If you disagree, fine, but I have every right to express my opionion as anyone else.

If you think they did a good job today, good for you, they left so much talent on the board its not even funny.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Alfonso Smith RB, I can see him as a 7th round pick. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : I disagree.  Aaron Hernandez is a steal, plus we got the best punter in the draft.  Dude, we don't have room on the roster for much else.  We loaded up.  We're now picking for the practice squad. 
    Posted by Faucetman

How do we not have room? We cant find someone at LB better then Woods & Nilecheck or whatever.  Goodbye to Wihlette and Wheatly.  Better running back get rid of Morris or Ben Jarvis.  We have plenty of room to add some DE and DL help.  We drafted a Punter, so sure we are letting hanson go, so thats a wash.  Don't get the arguement we have no room for anyone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

It's clear that you put more research into this draft the Belichick. I mean, when I think talent evaluator I think Patsman2. If only you were in the draft room to advise the Pats to pick the big name players ('talent') that you've read about in the ourlads scouting book you bought at the CVS three days ago.

If only Bill had that info!!!!

The Pats get a big fat F for the draft today.  Lots of talent they could have added and they sit on there hands and do nothing all day. 
    Posted by Patsman2

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrustBill. Show TrustBill's posts

One more DE/OLB conversion project:  Brandon Lang, Lindsey Witten or G. Selvie?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Sorry Dude I dont kiss BB's butt like you do. This is a discussion and opionion board. If you disagree, fine, but I have every right to express my opionion as anyone else. If you think they did a good job today, good for you, they left so much talent on the board its not even funny.
    Posted by Patsman2

K genious who would you have drafted?  other than a TE who by all accounts drop into our laps in Hernandez.  The punting game was terrible last year so they go get the second best P in the draft.  You can go back and see I didn't like the pick but was because I like a kid who was projected as a 7th rounder not because it was a bad pick. 

How many rookies do you actually think they can get and make the team?  you can't have 60% of your 53 man roster as 1st and 2nd year players which is what you are talking about plus 2 7th round picks is not much ammo to move up.   They still have 5 picks come down and wait to see.  They have adressed everything but DE but we don't know what their plans are so if they don't see it as a need it really doesn't matter what we think.  They had a plan and have stuck to it, I say they have had one of the best drafts this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

My list is shrinking.

Tony Pike
    Dorin Dickerson
    LaGarrett Blount
    Myron Rolle
    Donovan Warren
    Brandon Deaderick
    Scott Long
    Selvish Capers
    Ciron Black
    Tony Washington
    Zac Robinson
    Sean Canfield
    Scott Sicko

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Okay, let's just cut half the team so we can pick up more fifth round picks! Super idea. 

One thing you can't argue is that BB can't evaluate his own players, so I think he knows what he has on the current roster.

On a day that should be very positive for every team, you are being a douchhe. I just don't understand why you would waste time crapping over picks that you have very little info on. 

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : How do we not have room? We cant find someone at LB better then Woods & Nilecheck or whatever.  Goodbye to Wihlette and Wheatly.  Better running back get rid of Morris or Ben Jarvis.  We have plenty of room to add some DE and DL help.  We drafted a Punter, so sure we are letting hanson go, so thats a wash.  Don't get the arguement we have no room for anyone.
    Posted by Patsman2

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

One more DE/OLB conversion project:  Brandon Lang, Lindsey Witten or G. Selvie?
    Posted by TrustBill

Two names and I hope to hear them both, not greaty but both lol

Tim Knickey 6'4" 252 12.5 sacks last year 4.68 40
    Dexter Davis 6'2" 244 31 career sacks, ran 4.68 40 as well
    both are projected as 7th rounders, both can make the team because they upgrade who we currently have as special team guys and both can be used to rush the QB.

Now in the 6th would like to see Alfonso Smith RB or Brandon Deaderick DE/DT 6'4" 314 Alabama, used as a 34 DE in Nick Sabbens D.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Sorry Dude I dont kiss BB's butt like you do. This is a discussion and opionion board. If you disagree, fine, but I have every right to express my opionion as anyone else. If you think they did a good job today, good for you, they left so much talent on the board its not even funny.
    Posted by Patsman2

Rather than whine like a little girl with a skinned knee, defend how it is an F draft for today.  You whine about not increasing the pass rush, point out that we will probably have a rookie there, how many rookies do u want rushing?  How many of todays picks would improve our pass rush? Make some sense and people wont call u a troll. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : K genious who would you have drafted?  other than a TE who by all accounts drop into our laps in Hernandez.  The punting game was terrible last year so they go get the second best P in the draft.  You can go back and see I didn't like the pick but was because I like a kid who was projected as a 7th rounder not because it was a bad pick.  How many rookies do you actually think they can get and make the team?  you can't have 60% of your 53 man roster as 1st and 2nd year players which is what you are talking about plus 2 7th round picks is not much ammo to move up.   They still have 5 picks come down and wait to see.  They have adressed everything but DE but we don't know what their plans are so if they don't see it as a need it really doesn't matter what we think.  They had a plan and have stuck to it, I say they have had one of the best drafts this year.
    Posted by Pats7393

Actually you are making my point.  They can't have tons of rookies and why I wanted them to package picks and move up.  I wanted more quality and less quantity.

As for who. My god just read this thread.  There a tons of people listing best available for today.  Yes we got the TE but there was alot of talent to get today.  I would have loved for them to get another DE, OLB, and RB or another reciever.

To make room Welker will be on PUP, get rid of LB WOODS and Nichelchik (spelling off) and at RB either Ben Jarvis or Morris.

Its just my opionion but I really thought they could have added some nice quality depth and youth today and I just dont see it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Okay, let's just cut half the team so we can pick up more fifth round picks! Super idea.  One thing you can't argue is that BB can't evaluate his own players, so I think he knows what he has on the current roster. On a day that should be very positive for every team, you are being a douchhe. I just don't understand why you would waste time crapping over picks that you have very little info on.  In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

LOL I listed 5 players out of a 53 man roster.  Yup that is half.  You most surely are a product of the Massachusetts school system.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Actually you are making my point.  They can't have tons of rookies and why I wanted them to package picks and move up.  I wanted more quality and less quantity. As for who. My god just read this thread.  There a tons of people listing best available for today.  Yes we got the TE but there was alot of talent to get today.  I would have loved for them to get another DE, OLB, and RB or another reciever. To make room Welker will be on PUP, get rid of LB WOODS and Nichelchik (spelling off) and at RB either Ben Jarvis or Morris. Its just my opionion but I really thought they could have added some nice quality depth and youth today and I just dont see it.
    Posted by Patsman2

It is called value, what would they have to packaged together to move up?  Keep asking for who?  Just because you know a few names doesn't mean for every name you know they know another 5 and have them as same value.

They wanted a punter and probably didn't think he would be available much longer.  So to move up and grab another player they would have had to package that 5th rounder a both 7th or a 2011 for a player they probably think can get similar value in the 7th but know they won't get same value in a punter later.

The two 7ths probably get put together to move up a few spots but the other 4 they take, they have too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Rather than whine like a little girl with a skinned knee, defend how it is an F draft for today.  You whine about not increasing the pass rush, point out that we will probably have a rookie there, how many rookies do u want rushing?  How many of todays picks would improve our pass rush? Make some sense and people wont call u a troll. 
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

Yes you are so right.  And im sure you were the same guy saying wow we got Chad Jackson awesome.  Oh man we got Whilite and Wheatly.  Oh man we got Bethal Johnson, speed burner we need.

BB does no wrong and no one has the right to question anything he or the Pats do.  Banish the doomsayers!!!!! they hurt my ears!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Ted Larsen C, converted DL.  can play C or G, CBS and other places had a 4th round grade on him.  Value pick, adds depth to OL.  Patriots OL coaches attended his workout.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Yes you are so right.  And im sure you were the same guy saying wow we got Chad Jackson awesome.  Oh man we got Whilite and Wheatly.  Oh man we got Bethal Johnson, speed burner we need. BB does no wrong and no one has the right to question anything he or the Pats do.  Banish the doomsayers!!!!! they hurt my ears!!!
    Posted by Patsman2

Well actually, at the time I did like Chad, he was the 2nd best rated WR at the time, possibly the best depending on who you asked.  Yes he is a bust, we all know that.  Hindsight is 20/20
    On the two Ws, never liked either, I dont like CBs under 5'10.5 and under 190. I just never felt they can hold up well enough. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Nice value pick.  I forgot about Larsen.  I had him ranked in the 140s.

04/02/2010 - PRO DAY RESULTS: It may be time to start paying some more attention to N.C. State C Ted Larsen (6-foot-2 5/8, 306 pounds). NFL teams are certainly doing so. The Patriots and Eagles offensive line coaches showed up to watch Larsen at N.C. State's pro day, and Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff and coach Mike Smith were also on hand. Larsen posted a 26-inch vertical jump and did position workouts. He stood on the rest of his workout numbers from the NFL Scouting Combine. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

Overview

Larsen attempted to crack the starting lineup at defensive tackle for three seasons before seemingly finding a home on the other side of the ball. Drawing on his experience from the defensive line to the opposite side, Larsen grew into one of the elite -- and certainly one of the most physical -- centers in the collegiate ranks.

Thrust into the starting lineup at a position he had never played, Larsen had to rely heavily on his power and instincts during his junior season. Even though he allowed four quarterback sacks that campaign he took his "baptism under fire" as a learning experience. By the end of the year, he was the recipient of the team's Jim Ritcher Award, given annually to State's Outstanding Offensive Lineman.

At University High School, Larsen was a standout defensive lineman. The Florida Athletic Coaches Association named him the District Player of the Year following his senior season. He was also chosen All-Pinellas County first-team and All-Sun Coast Florida second-team, as he recorded 65 tackles, including eight sacks while also blocking a kick.

As a junior, Larsen was credited with 85 tackles and ranked among the state's leaders with 15 quarterback sacks. That performance earned him All-County second-team honors. In addition to his exploits on the gridiron, he lettered in track, competing in the shot put and the discus.

Looking to emulate his father, Robert, a defensive end during his playing days at Wichita State (1972-1976), Larsen enrolled at North Carolina State in 2005. He spent the year playing on the defensive line for the scout team, eventually starting three times at tackle the following campaign while appearing in 11 contests in 2006. He recorded a nine tackles (6 solos) with two sacks and three stops for loss.

As a sophomore, Larsen earned two more starts while appearing in 12 games at defensive tackle. He appeared in 315 snaps, as he collected a dozen tackles (5 solos) that included 2.5 stops behind the line of scrimmage, including a pair of sacks.

Even though he never played a snap at center, Larsen immediately won a starting job and was on the field for 730 snaps. The Ritcher Award winner struggled with pass protection technique early in the year, but produced three 90-percent blocking consistency performances during the second half of the schedule.

Larsen graduated in May 2009 with a degree in History. The All-Atlantic Coast Conference second-team selection added two more 90 percent grades during the 2009 campaign. Twice he recorded multiple touchdown-resulting performances for the Wolfpack as a senior. He led the squad with 89 knockdowns and recorded ten touchdown-resulting blocks. He also made a pair of solo tackles.

Analysis

Pass blocking: Capable shotgun and typical snapper. Struggled some with high snaps early in the season, but developed more consistency as he gained experience. Quick set up and balance. Bends at the knees and plays on the balls of his feet. Good lateral movement to mirror the defensive tackle. Knows what the defender is attempting to do due to his experience at the position. Good strength and balance to anchor against the bull rush. Improving recognition. Struggles at times to adjust to stunts and blitzes. Helps out the guard, but doesn't release soon enough to react to the blitz or loop.

Run blocking: Good initial quickness and upper-body strength to knock the defender off the ball. Good explosive initial pop, but must do a better job of sustaining. Allows his hands to slip down the jersey and subsequently get ripped through by the defender. Improving with his hand placement and is generally able to knock his opponent out of the lane, as he keeps his legs chugging with quick power steps. Flashes some nastiness as a run blocker. Looks to knock the defender to the ground with an intimidating pancake when he senses the advantage. Good quickness to get out to the second level and has the body control to adjust and hit the moving target.

Pulling/trapping: Not asked to pull from his center position much in this offense, but has experience at guard and has the short-area quickness and agility to do so. Developing as a trap blocker. Good lateral quickness for the down block. Good burst and body control for the cut block, but doesn't utilize this technique often.

Initial Quickness: Quick first step in reverse in pass protection to catch the defensive tackle. Explosive burst and initial pop in the running game are among his most impressive skills. Can knock the defender out of the hole to create running lanes.

Downfield: Surprisingly efficient footwork in getting to the second level. Takes good angles to meet the linebacker in space. Good body control to adjust to the moving target.

Intangibles: Former defensive tackle who made the switch to center at his coaches' request. Earned degree in History in May of 2009. Recipient of the team's Jim Ritcher Award as the Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman after his first season after the conversion from defensive tackle. Gives good effort on every snap. High intensity player.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Pats move up, just called it lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Wow this troll's getting personal. I'm proud to be a product of UMass! A lot of great people came from UMass, including Bill Cosby, Jack Welch, and multiple nobel prize winners. I now attend MIT Sloan school of management. Where did you go to school jag off? I'll be happy to compare credentials any day of the week.

My point is that it's not feasible to cut 10% of your freakin roster to create room for 5th round draft picks. It's drives me crazy when people suggest that. There are things called 'constraints' when you build a roster.

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : LOL I listed 5 players out of a 53 man roster.  Yup that is half.  You most surely are a product of the Massachusetts school system.
    Posted by Patsman2

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Addressing the OL now.  Assume we gave up our tradeable 7s?

Thomas Welch (OL)
    • Height:
      6'6"
    • Weight:
      307 lbs.
    • Arm Length:
      33 1/4 in.
    • Hand Size:
      9 1/2 in.
    • College:
      Vanderbilt
    • Conference:
      SEC
    Featured Prospects
    Choose Offensive Linemen Campbell, Bruce Davis, Anthony Okung, Russell Williams, Trent
    Selected by: New England Patriots
    Round: 7
    Pick (Overall): 1 (208)
    Discuss
    Combine Stats
    Bench Press
    29.0 reps
    Vertical Jump
    29.0 inches
    Broad Jump
    105.0 inches

Overview

Welch is a fifth-year senior who came to Vanderbilt as a tight end but was moved to the offensive line before the 2007 season and became a starter at right tackle during the 2008 season. He moved to the left side for his senior year and put together a nice final season. He is an adequate athlete for the position but lacks the kind of initial quickness, agility and lateral range to play on the left side at the next level. He is still learning the nuances of the offensive line and will need a few seasons, probably as a practice-squad member, to get it all figured out. He is not a natural knee-bender and tends to lunge out after blocks and generally goes to the ground too often. He struggles when trying to mirror better edge rushers at this level and will need to move back to the right side if he has any chance to make it in the NFL. When things go according to plan, he appears comfortable and confident, but when faced with something he hasn't seen in practice, he can look lost.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Yup, gave up both 7s to WAS.  They needed the picks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Wow this troll's getting personal. I'm proud to be a product of UMass! A lot of great people came from UMass, including Bill Cosby, Jack Welch, and multiple nobel prize winners. I now attend MIT Sloan school of management. Where did you go to school jag off? I'll be happy to compare credentials any day of the week. My point is that it's not feasible to cut 10% of your freakin roster to create room for 5th round draft picks. It's drives me crazy when people suggest that. There are things called 'constraints' when you build a roster. In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

What the hell, I am not arguing to add more 5th round picks.  I was argueing to trade up today into the 4th and grab 2 guys.  Another OLB and a DE or RB.

No point in arguing as we obviously disagree.  My disapointment comes from the fact that going into this draft I thought the biggest weakness the Pats had was the Pass rush.  Outside of Cunningham, I dont really see how we improved it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

hey boys I just got home from lil league opening day. Catch me up lol. Did I just see that Blair White and Dorin Dickerson are still on the board?