2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrustBill. Show TrustBill's posts

Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

There have lots of interesting debates about the meirts and flaws about many players in this super-long thread.  But there should no bebate about our greatest need being pass-rush.  This need has not been addressed through free-agency.  It was so frustrating to see that Chad Henne passed 50 times against us.

The pass rush can come from OLB and DL of course.  Whichever conversion OLB guy we take, it is going to take a year or two from him to develop.  How can we improve our pass-rush from the draft for the coming season?  Obviously we can't get Suh or McCoy.  This only solution reasonable that I can find is to gamble on Carlos Dunlap.  Any other idea to draft pass-rushers with immediate impact for the upcoming season?  If we can't greatly improve our pass-rush, another year of Brady's prime will be wasted without a SuperBowl.

We have won Super Bowls with the likes of Antoin Smith, Pattern, Wiggings and Troy Brown.  Once the defense aged, we could not get back even as Brady and Co have been more leathal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6:
    In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Faucet, if u look back a thousand or so posts back, I was engineering the Pouncey train and brought him into this discussion.  Back when Lupati was the flavor of the fandom.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

Sorry about that Mord.  I remember someone was an early flag bearer for Pouncey, but couldn't remember who.  I dismissed it at the time but later after the Combine began to see the wisdom, so hat's off to you man!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Here's my attempt at a bad draft.  I'm going to try to select players that haven't received much attention in draft positions approximately where they are ranked to see how bad I can do.  I can't pick the same position twice.  Knowing BB, he will have some surprises.  Hopefully he won't do this but teams are going to take these guys approximately where I've listed them.  Ok, here goes.

#22 DE Everson Griffen - Prototypically 43 DE although seems willing to play 34 OLB.  Has dropped into covered a few times at USC. 
    #45 QB Colt McCoy - Tim Tebow has been mentioned too much so I went with McCoy who no body has talked about us taking.  We don't have a prime #2 and Brady is one hit away from being put back on the shelf.
    #48 CB Dominique Franks - A good sized corner but slow.
    #53 FS Nate Allen - Big physical safety with questionable man coverage skills.
    4th FB Clay Harbor - Played TE in college with good size, 6-3, 252 and has good hands. 

This was tough.  Point is, it would be very difficult for us to mess up this draft unless we just kept trading back and out of it.  Even this draft improves the team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

There have lots of interesting debates about the meirts and flaws about many players in this super-long thread.  But there should no bebate about our greatest need being pass-rush.  This need has not been addressed through free-agency.  It was so frustrating to see that Chad Henne passed 50 times against us. The pass rush can come from OLB and DL of course.  Whichever conversion OLB guy we take, it is going to take a year or two from him to develop.  How can we improve our pass-rush from the draft for the coming season?  Obviously we can't get Suh or McCoy.  This only solution reasonable that I can find is to gamble on Carlos Dunlap.  Any other idea to draft pass-rushers with immediate impact for the upcoming season?  If we can't greatly improve our pass-rush, another year of Brady's prime will be wasted without a SuperBowl. We have won Super Bowls with the likes of Antoin Smith, Pattern, Wiggings and Troy Brown.  Once the defense aged, we could not get back even as Brady and Co have been more leathal.
    Posted by TrustBill

Brandon Graham would be another option if pass rush is your top priority.  Right now getting a TE is pretty high on the list and there aren't any out there in Free Agency worth taking.

Do we really want to take a guy who gets smashed and passes out in his car 4 days before the SEC title game and where there are concerns about his uneven play?  Great potential but bad apple with work ethic issues - I'll pass on him at 22.  If he's still hanging around at 53 maybe I'd take a shot on him with a bunch of clauses in his contract.  I'd rather strengthen the DL then take a Misi or Hughes or re-sign Burgess if it's felt he was coming on and learning the system late in the season.  The defense is young, it's going to get better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Critter23. Show Critter23's posts

PatsLife:  Good work on  the first pick.  Pats#, MBeau, and Faucet, I am getting very excited as you all analyze the choices, and PatsL is right--we are starting to focus on some of the same names.  Once again who knows what will happen on draft day, a trade down or up, a surprise that drops, however it is becoming clear that we will have some really good players from this draft who can help in a variety of areas.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

i don't know the college players as well as you guys but after the ravens playoff game it was clear: The patriots simply did not have the personnel on the Dline to stop the run . And if your run defense is ineffective you dont stand a chance. Patriots fans have moaned about the lack of a pass rush,  but good coverage skills can at least try to make up for that. Run-stopping is more fundemental. For this reason, there is NO WAY that  this is not patriots principal concern in the draft. If Odrick isnt the answer they will have to package their first rounder with one of their seconds to trade up. I have to think that DE is much more important than OLB or WR

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Like I've maintained since day one all you have to do to know which direction BB is going with the Draft is watch his FA signings and then check out his prior drafts,he loves too acquire additional draft choices and he will pick players in the first round but he tends to pick TE's,OL's,and DE's when he does pick in the first round.With that said you have to think he will at least try and trade down if not out of the first round all together! He wants more of the middle round picks like 3rd and fourth round picks...Also you will be able to add 2 more draft choices to the list once the compensatory picks are announced. Probably a 6th and a seventh but they could get lucky and garner a 5th round pick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I don't think you can paint the pats with a broad brush like that based on one game (however AWFUL it was). Wilfork and Warren were coming back from injuries in that Ravens game, which I think is a huge factor when you look at how poorly the run defense performed. I wouldn't call it a need based on the D's run performance overall, and I strongly think the pass rush is a much bigger problem. If you base their needs off that game then maybe their pass rush is fine? They gave up less that 50 yards...

That being said, there is a weakness at Seymour's end spot, and it'd be great to find a combo guy that can stop the run and rush the passer. I think that'd be hard to find at 22 or in the second round, but I think that'll be one of the targets. A guy like Tyson Alualu might be a good solution there. 

i don't know the college players as well as you guys but after the ravens playoff game it was clear: The patriots simply did not have the personnel on the Dline to stop the run . And if your run defense is ineffective you dont stand a chance. Patriots fans have moaned about the lack of a pass rush,  but good coverage skills can at least try to make up for that. Run-stopping is more fundemental. For this reason, there is NO WAY that  this is not patriots principal concern in the draft. If Odrick isnt the answer they will have to package their first rounder with one of their seconds to trade up. I have to think that DE is much more important than OLB or WR
    Posted by sirpinochle

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I don't think you can paint the pats with a broad brush like that based on one game (however AWFUL it was). Wilfork and Warren were coming back from injuries in that Ravens game, which I think is a huge factor when you look at how poorly the run defense performed. I wouldn't call it a need based on the D's run performance overall, and I strongly think the pass rush is a much bigger problem. If you base their needs off that game then maybe their pass rush is fine? They gave up less that 50 yards... That being said, there is a weakness at Seymour's end spot, and it'd be great to find a combo guy that can stop the run and rush the passer. I think that'd be hard to find at 22 or in the second round, but I think that'll be one of the targets. A guy like Tyson Alualu might be a good solution there.  In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

There are three guys within the 1st and 2nd rounds I would put in RS old spot, Odrick, Alualu, Houston.  Out of the three I have been mocking Odrick but changed my mind, I think Alualu brings something the other guys don't experience in a 34 DE spot.  He has a mean streak also, he can stop the run and also rush the passer.

you put him in front of a LB and one of the two is going to get a double team freeing the other up.

I would like to see Alualu and Burgess on that side, I think they would be a very nice combination or out on a limb here you put Guyton there.  He is one of the fastest LBs in the league, with some reps there I think he would give OLs a problem.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : There are three guys within the 1st and 2nd rounds I would put in RS old spot, Odrick, Alualu, Houston.  Out of the three I have been mocking Odrick but changed my mind, I think Alualu brings something the other guys don't experience in a 34 DE spot.  He has a mean streak also, he can stop the run and also rush the passer. you put him in front of a LB and one of the two is going to get a double team freeing the other up. I would like to see Alualu and Burgess on that side, I think they would be a very nice combination or out on a limb here you put Guyton there.  He is one of the fastest LBs in the league, with some reps there I think he would give OLs a problem.
    Posted by Pats7393
    Don't you in all honesty feel that BB is going to trade out of the first round? I actually think he's going to make 2 moves,first he'll trade down a couple of spots and grab a 4rth or 5th plus that teams first and then he'll trade tha for a 2nd and a 5th and maybe even another pick in 2011.Really there is such a goldmine of talent in this draft that BB won't be able to resist the opportunity to grab the extra draft choices.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

faucet,

Thanks. I like Gresham at 22 for a variety of reasons, one of which is we need production out of that position given; 
    1. We have no TE's on the current roster worth mentioning
    2. Our receiving corps is thin at best, with unproven BTate, 2nd year Edelman and Moss when he wants to show up or isn't hurt. 

So, the TE position I think in addition to being a solid blocker, we need someone that can catch. I simply think Gresham is heads and shoulders above the other TE's in the draft. I do like some of the other mentions here..Gronkowski, Hernandez, etc...I just think Gresham is has all the physical attributes and is polished.

I was really battling here between Gresham and Odrick. After watching more tape on Alualu and comparing it to Odrick, I really like Alualu. I think Alualu can be had in round 2, therefore I passed on Odrick in 1 to take Gresham. Pouncey decision was a bit more difficult, but I think we can pick up a solid OL in round 4-6, perhaps someoen like Valdheer or the plethora of others listed in this post. 

In round 2, I would really like to see Alualu, Spikes, Gerhardt, DThomas, Misi, and a few others...I know we only have 3, so my top 3 again are;
    Alualu
    Misi
    Gerhardt
    In that order. IF Spikes is still on the board at our 2b pick, I'm taking him, and possibly waiting until later rounds to draft a RB like Hardesty,Tate or someone else. I don't mind going all D in round 2, with Alualu, SPikes, Misi, but I think that is a pipedream...no way all these guys are hanging around for our picks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

It's impossible to reliably pick one of the first four picks that will be drafted by any team outside the top 10 in any year but this year especially because some high pickers might want to move back (they have many needs and this is a deep draft), and some late pickers might be willing to move up due to this to get the one guy they really covet, or they might be willing to stand pat (sorry) and just pick where they are for the same reason it is such a deep draft. I have read several reports that the depth of this draft is amazing with as many as 45 to 50 first round ranked players.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

As I was doing my latest mock I had a hard time picking someone other than Odrick, Graham at 22.  With that been said, can we see a trade?  Well the Chiefs need defensive help, I know Pioli is one of the best in the business evaluating talent but if he likes Spikes/Odrick or Graham and doesn't think they will be there when they pick again in the second, could they try to come back into the 1st round and offer us a 2nd and 3rd for that 22nd?
    Point value:
    Pats 22nd 780 points
    Chiefs picks(36th, 50th, 68th) 
    1 2nd 50th 400 points rnd 1 3rd 68th 250 points - 650

This would give the pats the 44th 48th 50th 53rd in the 2nd and an early 3rd.

Another option I can see is trading 1st rnd picks with the cowboys, they have the 27th and their 3rd is the 90th.  They need a NT, if Dan Williams is still at 22nd do the cowboys come with this offer?  they also need a safety is Mays is available at 22 he is a type player Jones likes big and fast. 
    I think we can look at someone trying to come back into the 1st to get a not so deep position in the draft.  After Charles Brown LT prospects fall off a bit, a team like the Chiefs, Redskins, Chargers, Cardinals all need OL help. 

A team that has lost a lot this offseason are the Arizona Cardinals and they need starters at MLB, Safety and maybe a WR although with who they have I think they are fine but a safety and MLBs are a must and they need guys who can start day 1.
    With 1 2nd rnd and 2 3rd round this is the team I can see a trade with so here's my proposal with picks for who the cardinals go after.
    NE trades 22nd to Ari (780 points) 7th 233 (2)
    Ari trades to NE 58th (320), 88th (150) 89th (145)
    Ari at 22nd selects Brandon Spikes MLB and at their 26th select Taylor Mays S

NE would have 44,48, 53, 58, 88, 89 I understand the depth factor but a team that needs starters probably can't sit and wait for 2nd tear guys.  They get their starting safety and MLB.  Still have later round picks to add the depth.   They could also pick a LT with 22 and Spikes at 26th.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Nice find. Couldn't find any good tape on him, but everything I read made him out to be a high effort player. The surprising thing is he has the stats, size, and workout numbers to warrant a rise up the draft boards. Wonder if Bill has his eye on him? 
    Posted by mthurl

Thanks, I can't take credit for bringing him up to this thread though, though I can't remember the poster who did.

But yes, he does appear to have the size, speed, intangibles and production to warrant higher consideration eventually and I'm hoping BB does check him out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

As I was doing my latest mock I had a hard time picking someone other than Odrick, Graham at 22.  With that been said, can we see a trade?  Well the Chiefs need defensive help, I know Pioli is one of the best in the business evaluating talent but if he likes Spikes/Odrick or Graham and doesn't think they will be there when they pick again in the second, could they try to come back into the 1st round and offer us a 2nd and 3rd for that 22nd? Point value: Pats 22nd 780 points Chiefs picks(36th, 50th, 68th)  1 2nd 50th 400 points rnd 1 3rd 68th 250 points - 650 This would give the pats the 44th 48th 50th 53rd in the 2nd and an early 3rd. Another option I can see is trading 1st rnd picks with the cowboys, they have the 27th and their 3rd is the 90th.  They need a NT, if Dan Williams is still at 22nd do the cowboys come with this offer?  they also need a safety is Mays is available at 22 he is a type player Jones likes big and fast.  I think we can look at someone trying to come back into the 1st to get a not so deep position in the draft.  After Charles Brown LT prospects fall off a bit, a team like the Chiefs, Redskins, Chargers, Cardinals all need OL help.  A team that has lost a lot this offseason are the Arizona Cardinals and they need starters at MLB, Safety and maybe a WR although with who they have I think they are fine but a safety and MLBs are a must and they need guys who can start day 1. With 1 2nd rnd and 2 3rd round this is the team I can see a trade with so here's my proposal with picks for who the cardinals go after. NE trades 22nd to Ari (780 points) 7th 233 (2) Ari trades to NE 58th (320), 88th (150) 89th (145) Ari at 22nd selects Brandon Spikes MLB and at their 26th select Taylor Mays S NE would have 44,48, 53, 58, 88, 89 I understand the depth factor but a team that needs starters probably can't sit and wait for 2nd tear guys.  They get their starting safety and MLB.  Still have later round picks to add the depth.   They could also pick a LT with 22 and Spikes at 26th.
    Posted by Pats7393

Pats,
    My comments in red:

As I was doing my latest mock I had a hard time picking someone other than Odrick, Graham at 22.  With that been said, can we see a trade?  Well the Chiefs need defensive help, I know Pioli is one of the best in the business evaluating talent but if he likes Spikes/Odrick or Graham and doesn't think they will be there when they pick again in the second, could they try to come back into the 1st round and offer us a 2nd and 3rd for that 22nd?
    Point value:
    Pats 22nd 780 points
    Chiefs picks(36th, 50th, 68th) 
    1 2nd 50th 400 points rnd 1 3rd 68th 250 points - 650

This would give the pats the 44th 48th 50th 53rd in the 2nd and an early 3rd.
     Under this scenario I would also request KC’s 4th rounder 100 overall which is worth 100 points.  This would give NE 750 vs. the 780 going to KC.

Another option I can see is trading 1st rnd picks with the cowboys, they have the 27th and their 3rd is the 90th.  They need a NT, if Dan Williams is still at 22nd do the cowboys come with this offer?  they also need a safety is Mays is available at 22 he is a type player Jones likes big and fast. 
    I think we can look at someone trying to come back into the 1st to get a not so deep position in the draft.  After Charles Brown LT prospects fall off a bit, a team like the Chiefs, Redskins, Chargers, Cardinals all need OL help. 

A team that has lost a lot this offseason are the Arizona Cardinals and they need starters at MLB, Safety and maybe a WR although with who they have I think they are fine but a safety and MLBs are a must and they need guys who can start day 1.
    With 1 2nd rnd and 2 3rd round this is the team I can see a trade with so here's my proposal with picks for who the cardinals go after.
    NE trades 22nd to Ari (780 points) 7th 233 (2)
    Ari trades to NE 58th (320), 88th (150) 89th (145)
    Ari at 22nd selects Brandon Spikes MLB and at their 26th select Taylor Mays S
     Arizona picked up Kerry Rhodes so the S position doesn’t seem to be a huge need.  They still have Adrian Wilson back there as well and he's also 6-3 230, but can play.  IMO, any team that trades up for Taylor Mays should have their heads examined.  He can run fast in a straight line and hit, that’s about it.  He can’t cover, has bad ball skills and prefers to go for the knock out instead of playing the ball, has below average instincts and doesn’t move well laterally which will essentially negate his straight line abilities. 

NE would have 44,48, 53, 58, 88, 89 I understand the depth factor but a team that needs starters probably can't sit and wait for 2nd tear guys.  They get their starting safety and MLB.  Still have later round picks to add the depth.   They could also pick a LT with 22 and Spikes at 26th.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Pats7393,

You should like this:

Kam Chancellor  S  Virginia Tech 

TALENT BOARD

Round 2

STRENGTHS

Kam has excellent size, strength and speed to play his position.  He has football intelligence and shows very good leadership skills that are needed to be an impact safety for the next level.  He is a good tackler and has those long legs that give him a deceivingly smooth gate when running and allows him to stay in coverage with the longer-striding wide receivers and the bigger slot receivers.   He has the speed to cover the pass catching tight ends and H-backs.  He also possesses a good burst to the play and makes the open field tackles to limit the run after the catch yardage that is such a needed part of everyone's offense.  Kam is a hell of a player and should become a fan favorite and core player for the team that drafts him.

NEEDS TO IMPROVE

Kam's speed and quickness when he does his drills will hold him back in some evaluators' minds, but this kid is a sleeper in this draft.  He might not be a player you can use as a single free safety because of his times, but I would say that his play on the field suggests otherwise.

BOTTOM LINE

In past drafts, a player with Kam's times would not be drafted until the 4th round, but this kid plays better than he times and with the draft being split up into three days, I think this kid will be drafted early.  The reason for this is teams will have the time to re-shuffle the deck, so to speak -- time to re-organize their draft boards and needs between the first three rounds and stay up all night looking at tape.  If a team needs a safety, they will have the opportunity to re-evaluate and look at tape of Kam and realize his times in workouts do not tell the whole story.  This kid is a hell of a football player and moving him from the free safety position because of his size will be a big mistake.  He will help to shut down those big wide receivers.  In the red zone, when QB's throw the fade, Kam has the size and intelligence to shut that play down and help out the smaller corners.  Kam can play in a two-deep system or up close to the line as a strong safety, but his impact will be as a leader and coach on the field and that is worth a whole lot more than a fast time in a workout. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I wish I could take a look at the Pats draft board, just for a minute don't you?

There are a number of players we have not talked about and I'm sure we would be surpriced to see them on the board.

BB likes military school guys,
    a kid like Andre Roberts WR Citadel 5'10" 192 4.46 40.  I have not seen his name but might have missed a few posts, the thing I like about him is his route running.  He also doesn't mind making plays in the middle of the field.  He is a high character kid and hard worker, I go back to a clean route runner.  Would love to see him in the slot, projected as a 3rd or 4th.
    Another WR who I would like to see
    Carlton Mitchell WR USF 6'2" 215 4.49 40 Needs some develpment at the next level but could be a deep threat guy in some packages and coach him up to a #2 spot. 3rd or 4th rounder
    Arthur Jones DE Syracuse 6'3" 301 Big powerful DE, has not been able to work out and will probably cost him to fall into the 3rd or 4th round.  He has 1st round ability but a knee injury hurt is draft stock.

How about Dexter Davis? OLB  6'2" 244, fell of his senior year but had 27.5 sacks before 2009.  4th rounder, high motor and fast (guyton fast).  Struggled to show a posible transition to OLB which could drop him into late rounds.  I would not grab him in the 4th but in the 6th this is a high reward/high bust guy.  He would be a good ST guy and with coaching could be a decent rusher.

Those are some of the off the radar type guys who I think could be on the board.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Zac Robinson to work out for Pat's:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Zac-Robinson-to-work-out-for-Patriots.html

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Pats7393, You should like this: Kam Chancellor  S  Virginia Tech  TALENT BOARD  Round 2   STRENGTHS Kam has excellent size, strength and speed to play his position.  He has football intelligence and shows very good leadership skills that are needed to be an impact safety for the next level.  He is a good tackler and has those long legs that give him a deceivingly smooth gate when running and allows him to stay in coverage with the longer-striding wide receivers and the bigger slot receivers.   He has the speed to cover the pass catching tight ends and H-backs.  He also possesses a good burst to the play and makes the open field tackles to limit the run after the catch yardage that is such a needed part of everyone's offense.  Kam is a hell of a player and should become a fan favorite and core player for the team that drafts him.   NEEDS TO IMPROVE Kam's speed and quickness when he does his drills will hold him back in some evaluators' minds, but this kid is a sleeper in this draft.  He might not be a player you can use as a single free safety because of his times, but I would say that his play on the field suggests otherwise.       BOTTOM LINE In past drafts, a player with Kam's times would not be drafted until the 4th round, but this kid plays better than he times and with the draft being split up into three days, I think this kid will be drafted early.  The reason for this is teams will have the time to re-shuffle the deck, so to speak -- time to re-organize their draft boards and needs between the first three rounds and stay up all night looking at tape.  If a team needs a safety, they will have the opportunity to re-evaluate and look at tape of Kam and realize his times in workouts do not tell the whole story.  This kid is a hell of a football player and moving him from the free safety position because of his size will be a big mistake.  He will help to shut down those big wide receivers.  In the red zone, when QB's throw the fade, Kam has the size and intelligence to shut that play down and help out the smaller corners.  Kam can play in a two-deep system or up close to the line as a strong safety, but his impact will be as a leader and coach on the field and that is worth a whole lot more than a fast time in a workout. 
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Yes I do, I really would not be upset to get this kid in the 2nd and then figure out a position with him.  Trade McGowan and bring this kid in to take over at FS.  In a year or two you have him and Chung back there talk about RBs been scared to run in the middle

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Pats, My comments in red: As I was doing my latest mock I had a hard time picking someone other than Odrick, Graham at 22.  With that been said, can we see a trade?  Well the Chiefs need defensive help, I know Pioli is one of the best in the business evaluating talent but if he likes Spikes/Odrick or Graham and doesn't think they will be there when they pick again in the second, could they try to come back into the 1st round and offer us a 2nd and 3rd for that 22nd? Point value: Pats 22nd 780 points Chiefs picks(36th, 50th, 68th)  1 2nd 50th 400 points rnd 1 3rd 68th 250 points - 650 This would give the pats the 44th 48th 50th 53rd in the 2nd and an early 3rd.   Under this scenario I would also request KC’s 4 th rounder 100 overall which is worth 100 points.   This would give NE 750 vs. the 780 going to KC. Another option I can see is trading 1st rnd picks with the cowboys, they have the 27th and their 3rd is the 90th.  They need a NT, if Dan Williams is still at 22nd do the cowboys come with this offer?  they also need a safety is Mays is available at 22 he is a type player Jones likes big and fast.  I think we can look at someone trying to come back into the 1st to get a not so deep position in the draft.  After Charles Brown LT prospects fall off a bit, a team like the Chiefs, Redskins, Chargers, Cardinals all need OL help.  A team that has lost a lot this offseason are the Arizona Cardinals and they need starters at MLB, Safety and maybe a WR although with who they have I think they are fine but a safety and MLBs are a must and they need guys who can start day 1. With 1 2nd rnd and 2 3rd round this is the team I can see a trade with so here's my proposal with picks for who the cardinals go after. NE trades 22nd to Ari (780 points) 7th 233 (2) Ari trades to NE 58th (320), 88th (150) 89th (145) Ari at 22nd selects Brandon Spikes MLB and at their 26th select Taylor Mays S   Arizona picked up Kerry Rhodes so the S position doesn’t seem to be a huge need.   They still have Adrian Wilson back there as well and he's also 6-3 230, but can play.   IMO, any team that trades up for Taylor Mays should have their heads examined.   He can run fast in a straight line and hit, that’s about it.   He can’t cover, has bad ball skills and prefers to go for the knock out instead of playing the ball, has below average instincts and doesn’t move well laterally which will essentially negate his straight line abilities.   NE would have 44,48, 53, 58, 88, 89 I understand the depth factor but a team that needs starters probably can't sit and wait for 2nd tear guys.  They get their starting safety and MLB.  Still have later round picks to add the depth.   They could also pick a LT with 22 and Spikes at 26th.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Someone will pick mays based on his 40 time, coaches in the NFL sometimes think they can coach a kid up to match their natural abilities in this case if a pro style coach couldn't then red flags should start flying.

I would not be surpriced if the raiders get in the run for him.  They drafted a 2nd round talent last year as a top 10!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Zac Robinson to work out for Pat's: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Zac-Robinson-to-work-out-for-Patriots.html
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Nice find mb, here's a guote from Robinson

Robinson: "I'm fast and athletic. I have good hands and I'm a great leader. I accelerate well after the catch and I'm accurate throwing the ball too. I'm a dual threat. I grew up playing QB. I've only played WR for two years. I need to get stronger and be more physical. I also want to be quicker and have a stronger arm."

Another QB turned WR/TE?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Someone will pick mays based on his 40 time, coaches in the NFL sometimes think they can coach a kid up to match their natural abilities in this case if a pro style coach couldn't then red flags should start flying. I would not be surpriced if the raiders get in the run for him.  They drafted a 2nd round talent last year as a top 10!
    Posted by Pats7393

They will and that is why I said they should have their heads examined.

Id guess that the top 6 on Al Davis' draft board are Bruce Campbell, Taylor Mays, Jahvid Best, Jacoby Ford and Trindon Holliday.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : They will and that is why I said they should have their heads examined. Id guess that the top 6 on Al Davis' draft board are Bruce Campbell, Taylor Mays, Jahvid Best, Jacoby Ford and Trindon Holliday.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

All 2nd round picks, Best might be the only one that I would consider as a late 1st but not a top 10. 

Al should have had his head examined a long time ago.  Well I actually hope has a bad draft and keeps Russell at QB, that 2011 pick just keeps looking better and better.

A report came out this morning on mike and mike or last night on NFL network that Russell is already pissing team mates off and offseason workouts just started.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Nice find mb, here's a guote from Robinson Robinson: "I'm fast and athletic. I have good hands and I'm a great leader. I accelerate well after the catch and I'm accurate throwing the ball too. I'm a dual threat. I grew up playing QB. I've only played WR for two years. I need to get stronger and be more physical. I also want to be quicker and have a stronger arm." Another QB turned WR/TE?
    Posted by Pats7393

Thanks.

I'm not sure that he's fast/explosive enough to play WR (4.71 at the combine), he looks to be more of a wildcat type QB that can tuck and run or throw if you need too.

1858 yards 22 TD's in his career with 4.36 YPC.  8,317 yards and 66 TD's as a passer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : All 2nd round picks, Best might be the only one that I would consider as a late 1st but not a top 10.  Al should have had his head examined a long time ago.  Well I actually hope has a bad draft and keeps Russell at QB, that 2011 pick just keeps looking better and better. A report came out this morning on mike and mike or last night on NFL network that Russell is already pissing team mates off and offseason workouts just started.
    Posted by Pats7393

Yeah, plus the more nonsensical picks he makes, the better the chances of a good player or two falling.

Sections
Shortcuts