Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6
posted at 3/19/2010 12:40 AM EDT
In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6
Seen a lot of mocks now and we are seen new names in some spots, today the seahawks did something that could possibly help the Pats. they traded for a QB, this means Clausen will be available and a team in need of a QB will pick him instead of a possible defensive players. Here's my 1st round mock and who drops because of what happened today. #1 Rams-Sam Bradford QB #2 Lions-Ndamukong Suh DT #3 Bucs-Gerald McCoy DT #4 Skins-Russel Okung OT #5 Chiefs-Eric Berry S #6 Seahawks-Trent Williams OT #7 Browns-Jimmy Clausen QB #8 Raiders-Who else Bruce Campbell OT #9 Bills-Dan Williams, they make a move to 34 need a NT #10 Jags-Earl Thomas S #11 Broncos-Rolando McClain ILB #12 Dolphins-Jason Pierre-Paul hurts me to do this #13 49rs-Brian Bulaga OT #14 Seahawks-C.J. Spiller RB #15 Giants-Joe Haden CB #16 Titans- Devin McCourty CB-brothers will be together, twins at the corners #17 49rs-Kyle Wilson CB #18 Steelers-Mike Iupati OG #19 Falcons-Derrick Morgan DE #20 Texans-Kareem Jackson CB #21 Bengals-Jermaine Gresham TE Players Available - OLBs - Sergio Kindle, Jerry Hughes, Brandon Graham, Everson Griffen 34OLB or DE?, Sean Weatherspoon, Daryl Washington ILB DE Carlos Dunlap, Jared Odrick, Brian Price, Tyson Alualu S Taylor Mays S, Chad Jones S DT/NT Terrence Cody WRs Golden Tate, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Damian Williams, Arrelious Benn TEs Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez OL Charles Brown T, Maukice Pouncey OG/C RB Jahid Best, Jonathan Dwyer #22 ??? Who do you take, I have not a clue anymore. Top five can't narrow it down further Dunlap, Odrick, Demaryius Thomas, Graham, Tate
Posted by Pats7393
Very well thought out mock. I know I stated Hughes a few posts ago but as bad as our pass rush was last year, we might not take an OLB type high. Surprisingly Derrick Burgess could be the key. He and Chris Hanson are the only remaining unsigned Pats free agents. We spent a 3rd and 5th on him and he seemed to be picking up the defense late in the year. If we resign Burgess and Crable can stay healthy and TBC pulls another 10 sacks, we might just hold off using #22 on a pass rusher. Instead we look to take a beast of a rusher with our 2011 Raider pick.
The trade up for Spiller idea is so intriguing. Why not? With Crump on board we only need a catching TE which could be had with one of the other 2nds or 4th. Spiller would be such an enormous weapon. BB talks to Spikes. Everyone now thinks he's a 3-5 rounder but certainly not a 2nd. Wow, how quickly things can change. Without getting carried away and projecting trades what if we did this?#22 RB Jahvid Best
- If he doesn't take another blow to the head he could be every bit as dynamic and dangerous as Spiller and not cost us a extra pick. All 5 of our RBs become F/A after the 2010 season. Maroney never lived up to his draft position, so a new featured back is needed.#44 WR Demaryius Thomas
- This of course means I lose my bet to mb, but it would be well worth it to land Super Freak II. Moss moves on after 2010 and Thomas steps in without losing a beat. Meanwhile the two together in 2010 create nightmares for opposing secondaries. Not even Revis can be two places at once.#48 OT Rodger Saffold
- This being Light's last year depth and youth are needed at OT. CIN is reportedly very high on Saffold so we have to take him here. He's a 6-5, 316 stud who looked the best of any of the tackles during Senior Bowl week. He was a team captain in 2009 for Indiana and basically was a 4 year starter at LT. We give him a year to learn then in 2011 he takes over for Light at LT and Vollmer takes over at RT giving us some very big, strong and athletic guys on the outside.#53 ILB Brandon Spikes
- He is for sure available here now and hopefully that hammy slowed him and he's more like a 4.85 when healthy. His instincts and run stopping prowess make him worthy of the risk. Spikes even as a 2 down MLB is good enough to be worthy of this pick. He would likely come out on passing plays anyway.4th TE Dorin Dickerson
- The signing of Crump means we can get a pure receiving TE. Dickerson is faster than most WRs giving Brady an arsenal that General Patton would be proud of.6th DT Clifton Geathers
- Very raw, young, but huge and athletic 34 DE. Could develop into a beast.7-a FB John Connor
- Time to part ways with Morris and Taylor and return to smash mouth running game. Connor has soft hands and would be used like we used Patrick Pass and Heath Evans.7-b OG Shelley Smith
- Very athletic guard in the mold BB likes. 7-c P Zoltan Mesko
- No punter is worth drafting this year but figured let's plug the hole with a comp pick.