2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6:
    Seen a lot of mocks now and we are seen new names in some spots, today the seahawks did something that could possibly help the Pats.  they traded for a QB, this means Clausen will be available and a team in need of a QB will pick him instead of a possible defensive players.  Here's my 1st round mock and who drops because of what happened today. #1 Rams-Sam Bradford QB #2 Lions-Ndamukong Suh DT #3 Bucs-Gerald McCoy DT #4 Skins-Russel Okung OT #5 Chiefs-Eric Berry S #6 Seahawks-Trent Williams OT #7 Browns-Jimmy Clausen QB #8 Raiders-Who else Bruce Campbell OT #9 Bills-Dan Williams, they make a move to 34 need a NT #10 Jags-Earl Thomas S #11 Broncos-Rolando McClain ILB #12 Dolphins-Jason Pierre-Paul hurts me to do this #13 49rs-Brian Bulaga OT #14 Seahawks-C.J. Spiller RB #15 Giants-Joe Haden CB #16 Titans- Devin McCourty CB-brothers will be together, twins at the corners  #17 49rs-Kyle Wilson CB #18 Steelers-Mike Iupati OG #19 Falcons-Derrick Morgan DE #20 Texans-Kareem Jackson CB #21 Bengals-Jermaine Gresham TE Players Available - OLBs - Sergio Kindle, Jerry Hughes, Brandon Graham, Everson Griffen 34OLB or DE?, Sean Weatherspoon, Daryl Washington ILB DE Carlos Dunlap, Jared Odrick, Brian Price, Tyson Alualu S Taylor Mays S, Chad Jones S DT/NT  Terrence Cody WRs Golden Tate, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Damian Williams, Arrelious Benn TEs Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez OL  Charles Brown T, Maukice Pouncey OG/C RB Jahid Best, Jonathan Dwyer #22 ??? Who do you take, I have not a clue anymore.  Top five can't narrow it down further Dunlap, Odrick, Demaryius Thomas, Graham, Tate
    Posted by Pats7393

Very well thought out mock.  I know I stated Hughes a few posts ago but as bad as our pass rush was last year, we might not take an OLB type high.  Surprisingly Derrick Burgess could be the key.  He and Chris Hanson are the only remaining unsigned Pats free agents.  We spent a 3rd and 5th on him and he seemed to be picking up the defense late in the year.  If we resign Burgess and Crable can stay healthy and TBC pulls another 10 sacks, we might just hold off using #22 on a pass rusher.  Instead we look to take a beast of a rusher with our 2011 Raider pick.

The trade up for Spiller idea is so intriguing.  Why not?  With Crump on board we only need a catching TE which could be had with one of the other 2nds or 4th.  Spiller would be such an enormous weapon.  BB talks to Spikes.  Everyone now thinks he's a 3-5 rounder but certainly not a 2nd.  Wow, how quickly things can change.  Without getting carried away and projecting trades what if we did this?

#22 RB Jahvid Best- If he doesn't take another blow to the head he could be every bit as dynamic and dangerous as Spiller and not cost us a extra pick.  All 5 of our RBs become F/A after the 2010 season.  Maroney never lived up to his draft position, so a new featured back is needed.

#44 WR Demaryius Thomas- This of course means I lose my bet to mb, but it would be well worth it to land Super Freak II.  Moss moves on after 2010 and Thomas steps in without losing a beat.  Meanwhile the two together in 2010 create nightmares for opposing secondaries.  Not even Revis can be two places at once.

#48 OT Rodger Saffold - This being Light's last year depth and youth are needed at OT.  CIN is reportedly very high on Saffold so we have to take him here.  He's a 6-5, 316 stud who looked the best of any of the tackles during Senior Bowl week.  He was a team captain in 2009 for Indiana and basically was a 4 year starter at LT.  We give him a year to learn then in 2011 he takes over for Light at LT and Vollmer takes over at RT giving us some very big, strong and athletic guys on the outside.

#53 ILB Brandon Spikes- He is for sure available here now and hopefully that hammy slowed him and he's more like a 4.85 when healthy.  His instincts and run stopping prowess make him worthy of the risk.  Spikes even as a 2 down MLB is good enough to be worthy of this pick.  He would likely come out on passing plays anyway.

4th TE Dorin Dickerson- The signing of Crump means we can get a pure receiving TE.  Dickerson is faster than most WRs giving Brady an arsenal that General Patton would be proud of.

6th DT Clifton Geathers - Very raw, young, but huge and athletic 34 DE.  Could develop into a beast.

7-a FB John Connor - Time to part ways with Morris and Taylor and return to smash mouth running game.  Connor has soft hands and would be used like we used Patrick Pass and Heath Evans.

7-b OG Shelley Smith - Very athletic guard in the mold BB likes. 

7-c P Zoltan Mesko - No punter is worth drafting this year but figured let's plug the hole with a comp pick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : I wouldn't do that.  I would draft DE or OLB first before I even think about the offense.  Offense is sexy.  But here is a reminder how bad our defense was last year:  We had a 17 points lead in the fourth quqter over the Colts and still lost.  And Baltimore beat us when their QB passed a total of 34 yards. We knew the run was coming but still could not stop it.
    Posted by TrustBill

Valid points but I'm not sure it had everything to do with personnel.  I think it was also poor conditioning and bad defensive scheming.  This is why BB will be more involved next year.  In the BAL game Wilfork came back on a bad ankle and wasn't the same.  Warren also was shaken up.  We had no thumper at MLB.  We had the 11th ranked defense, 13th against the run, 12th against the pass.  We were 23rd in sacks so certainly that is an area we need to improve upon.  We should be in a position to take Graham or Kindle and certainly Hughes.  But Crable could be a factor since he is a pass rusher.  Our defense is so young, they are only going to get better. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

I really do not see the Pats taking a RB in the first round. BB always likes to soldiify the DL so I beleive he will take DE to replace Seymour, Green etc... there is enough depth in the 2nd round for OLB, WR, RB, TE for the pats to take the best available player to soldify the gaps to pass rush and on the offensive side of the ball for the future.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : The scenario you laid out is very reasonable to me.  I will only two changes.  I think Bills have to take an OT in Bulaga.  They traded away their OT Peters last year and they can a NT in the second round like Cody or Cam Thomas.  And then Broncos will take Dan Williams. This allow Rolando McClain slide to #17 San Fran.  We can then trade up to 17 and grab McClain before the Steelers.  Obviously SF does not need McClain with Willis at ILB.  This gets me very excited.  It is quite reasonable.  McClain already knows our defense.  Mabybe he can play OLB and ILB just like Vrable. His is my dream draft after we trade #22 and #53 for SF's #17 and #79. #17 Rolando McClain #44 Carlos Dunlap #47 Aron Hernendaz #79 Jonathan Dwyer Lord, Make it happen.
    Posted by TrustBill

I disagree with San Fran not taking mcclain, this year they are moving to been a base 34 D.  Mike would be salivating to have Willis and the LB been compared to him next to each other.  I know if I was I coach I would not let this opportunity go by.

Best two LBs to come out in recent history?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Your Dream Draft of Patriots 22 and 53 for SF's 17 is reasonable but I have a friend who I mentioned on here a week ago that said Patriots had Crumpler done but he wanted to give Tenn chance to match and he wasn't able to do a story at that time due to he couldn't find a second source or one highly placed source that made him comfortable with the story a week ago... Anyway at the same time he said the Patriots and Denver have been talking a lot and Denver would like to move out of the 11th pick as they have several needs and that the Patriots have an intrest in CJ SPiller if he is still there at 11. To get to 11 it costs the Patriots #22 and #44. I could see it happening now that the Crumpler deal has finally come to light.  
    Posted by DaBlade

I would be all for moving to 11th but would not be for Spiller, although he's an electric back I would grad McClain.  This is a guy you can line up in all 4 spots at LB and is a 3 down guy.  I would play him on the weak side and cut him free.  If you trade to 11 for a RB to me is not worth it.

If 11 is in play here are my picks, McClain, Hadden or Bulaga.  I know we found a LT in the 2nd last year but Bulaga is from Iowa, those kids are tough and well coached.  From all report he can start this year at LT but I would put him on the RT and try to trade Light on draft day.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrustBill. Show TrustBill's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : I would be all for moving to 11th but would not be for Spiller, although he's an electric back I would grad McClain.  This is a guy you can line up in all 4 spots at LB and is a 3 down guy.  I would play him on the weak side and cut him free.  If you trade to 11 for a RB to me is not worth it. If 11 is in play here are my picks, McClain, Hadden or Bulaga.  I know we found a LT in the 2nd last year but Bulaga is from Iowa, those kids are tough and well coached.  From all report he can start this year at LT but I would put him on the RT and try to trade Light on draft day.
    Posted by Pats7393

Well-said.  Completely agree.  There are so many things that BB creates with both McClain and Mayo on the field.  Depending on the matchup, either one can stay in or rush up field. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Trading up to get Spiller is tantalizing, but I am not sure I would do it and give up a 2nd rounder in a deep draft. I tend to like Faucet's idea of drafting Best instead..if he can stay healthy of course. 
    I think some of this depends on next year's strength of draft. Are there going to be effective pass rushers to had with Oakland's pick, or could we possibly scoop one up this year, and use Oakland's pick on a RB like Ingram?....What's the comparison between Spiller and Ingram?....

I like Faucet's new mock as it is front loaded with offensive talent, and assumes Crable and some of the younger guys step up this year, but that is a big assumption I think. Hopefully the injury gods can stay away from Foxborough this year, and we can get some productivity out of Crable. 

Spikes slow 40 times made me go back and watch more tape of him. I wasn't overly impressed as I was previously. Still at 53, I think this may be a decent place to pick Spikes. I'm still concerned we haven't figured out the OLB spot, and will rely on Crable, Guyton, AD(if he is on the roster) TBC, and possibly Burgess if he is resigned. Not the strongest set of guys here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrustBill. Show TrustBill's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : Valid points but I'm not sure it had everything to do with personnel.  I think it was also poor conditioning and bad defensive scheming.  This is why BB will be more involved next year.  In the BAL game Wilfork came back on a bad ankle and wasn't the same.  Warren also was shaken up.  We had no thumper at MLB.  We had the 11th ranked defense, 13th against the run, 12th against the pass.  We were 23rd in sacks so certainly that is an area we need to improve upon.  We should be in a position to take Graham or Kindle and certainly Hughes.  But Crable could be a factor since he is a pass rusher.  Our defense is so young, they are only going to get better. 
    Posted by Faucetman

Our D was respectable but scared no one.  BB was humiliated by the Ravens game as a defense genius.  When he decides to fix something, usually the result will be spectacular.  So look for early picks on D.  Only BB's reputation is on the line.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Again..not a fan of moving up for Spiller. I would probably only move up to grab McClain, or possibly one of the higher ranked DE's (Derrick Morgan) as this is a position of need as well. What I like about McClain, as someone said earlier, he could play all 4 LB spots..he has the size/speed to play OLB, or ILB. This versatility alone I think necessitates a move up to grab him if we can. I would support giving up 1 of our 2nds to do this. 

So, who would you guys move up to take?....

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Again..not a fan of moving up for Spiller. I would probably only move up to grab McClain, or possibly one of the higher ranked DE's (Derrick Morgan) as this is a position of need as well. What I like about McClain, as someone said earlier, he could play all 4 LB spots..he has the size/speed to play OLB, or ILB. This versatility alone I think necessitates a move up to grab him if we can. I would support giving up 1 of our 2nds to do this.  So, who would you guys move up to take?....
    Posted by PatsLifer

as I said McClain is really who I would move up for or Hadden, DE I'm high on Alualu so I would not move up for Morgan.  A tackle but I don't think that's realistic, I just can't imagine what BB would do with McClain, Mayo, McKenzie, Crable (if healthy) then you add Guyton TBC and LBs group looks strong. the 3Ms have been leaders in their defenses so you have three great character guys who IMO would be great young players for long time. 
    I would still add a guy like Daniel Te'o-Nesheim in the 6th if he's around that long.
    Said to have had a great pro day, he had a great combine so might take a fourth to get him know.  He's a 6'4" 267 4.72 40 OLB but with McClain I don't know another LB is drafted.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I am sure I am in the minority, but 22 and 44 to get Spiller, I would not want that.  In this draft, I want all of our first 5 picks taken by us for us.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

I'll join you in the minority.  Personally, I wouldn't want them to give up 22 and 44 for Spiller at pick 11.

This goes completely against BB's historical draft/value philosophy in Rd 1.

Talented player though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Ryan Mathews impresses at pro-day and to no one's suprise, NE is interested:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Ryan-Mathews-helps-his-stock-again.html

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Ok getting a bit excited on the thought of trading for McClain so here's what I think the draft would look like if we did.
    #11 Rolando McClain LB 6'4" 253 (trade 22 and 44 to Denver)
    #48 Lamarr Houston DE 6'3" 305although i like alualu more I don't think he's there at 48.  Houston is not far behind, he benched 30 times while alualu did 21 he also ran the 40 faster tha alualu. 
    #53 Toby Gerhart RB 6'0" 231will be a coach's favorite, LM move over.
    #120 Andre Roberts WR 5'11" 195 has already workout for the Pats and seems he might be on their radar, similar type player to ND's GT.  Citadel grad, high character, leader, and clean route runner. also a very good PR, 68 punts 942 yrds 3 TDs.
    #193 Daniel Te'O Nesheim OLB 6'4" 263 security in case Crable is hurt again
    6th Rnd Comp pick (projected Gaffney)
    Stephen Williams WR 6'5" 210
    Raw, will benefit from learning the game before he would compete for a starting job.  Best game came against Miami, 9 catches for 137 yards, has speed to be a deep threat (4.48 40). 
    #233 Jeff Cottam TE 6'8" 260 Blocking TE who can catch, redzone target.
    #235 Will Baker OT 6'7" 317 If Light stays Baker gets molded to take over RT in 2011, if Light goes he'll give Katzur a run for his money
    7th Comp pick (projected Paxton)
    Deji Karim RB/WR/KR 5'09" 208 poor mans Dexter M. ran a good 40, was not invited to combine but at his pro day he out jumped every RB who did attend the combine by 2 inches, 43 inch vertical.
    7th Comp pick (projected Evans)
    Doug Worthington DE 6'5" 290
    Adds depth to DL, projected as DE.
    7th Comp pick (projected LaMont Jordan)
    Cody Slate TE/WR 6'4" 230 Great TE who suffered a torn ACL this year, the most accomplished TE in Marshall history.

*added from original post* the comp pick for Gafeny is at worse a 7th round, I'm been optimistic and getting a 6th round but we should have 4 comp picks.  What comes into play is trading the two 7th rounders for a 6th?  With 4 possible 7th rnd comp picks I don't think BB picks 6 guys in the 7th.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

mbealieu

I hear on giving up the draft pick and moving up for Spiller as it goes against BB's philosophy...but, is it just that he would not move up for a RB? Would you believe the same to be true if he wanted McClain?..would he make the move?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

mbealieu I hear on giving up the draft pick and moving up for Spiller as it goes against BB's philosophy...but, is it just that he would not move up for a RB? Would you believe the same to be true if he wanted McClain?..would he make the move?
    Posted by PatsLifer

Pats,
    Yes, I think he'd be more inclined to move up to take McClain vs. Spiller, but I personally don't see them moving up to 11 for anyone that's expected to be available there.  Mid-late teens, maybe, but not 11.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : I would be all for moving to 11th but would not be for Spiller, although he's an electric back I would grad McClain.  This is a guy you can line up in all 4 spots at LB and is a 3 down guy.  I would play him on the weak side and cut him free.  If you trade to 11 for a RB to me is not worth it. If 11 is in play here are my picks, McClain, Hadden or Bulaga.  I know we found a LT in the 2nd last year but Bulaga is from Iowa, those kids are tough and well coached.  From all report he can start this year at LT but I would put him on the RT and try to trade Light on draft day.
    Posted by Pats7393

I would not trade up that high for any of those guys.

The Patriots will generally only move up a handful of spots in a round for a player. The last guy they tried to make a big move for was Revis and yeah he turned out to be the best in the league so they obviously saw something and felt strongly about it.

McClain is not being compared to Willis by most scouts he is considered a level below Willis, Beason and some others.

There are numerous reports questioning his work ethic and motor as he shows up on film taking many plays off. He's also no where near as fast and athletic as a guy like Willis and some others.

If you are in position sure but to trade up not worth it.

Haden not for me either trading up is too much. He couldn't even cover Brandon Lafell. Excellent play but not trade up worthy. He's not the next Revis.

Same for Bulaga, good player but not elite.

I am not giving up as much as I would need to in a deep draft to go get a non elite player. No way no how. You want to move up to something like 17 I am all ears but 11 no way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/297647-2010-denver-broncos-mock-draft-part-two-could-denver-trade-down

Has been talked about for a while so with picks in place now the 11th pick is worth 1250, NE's 22 780 and 44th 460=1240.  They add up to get the value based on points, another thing you need is teams who don't mind dealing with each other and Josh and Bill have a good relationship so this could eventually happen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Ryan Mathews impresses at pro-day and to no one's suprise, NE is interested: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Ryan-Mathews-helps-his-stock-again.html
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

I think he has SD written all over him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 Mock Rounds 1-6 : I think he has SD written all over him.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

I'd agree.  They badly need a back and he's expected to be available in that range.  Heck, he already plays in California......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I really do not see the Pats taking a RB in the first round. BB always likes to soldiify the DL so I beleive he will take DE to replace Seymour, Green etc... there is enough depth in the 2nd round for OLB, WR, RB, TE for the pats to take the best available player to soldify the gaps to pass rush and on the offensive side of the ball for the future.
    Posted by Patriots1970

The only DL type likely left at #22 and worthy of the selection is Odrick.  The only pass rushing OLB types likely to be where we pick between 44-53 are Misi and Sapp.  Graham, Hughes, and Kindle will be long gone.

There is DT talent available throughout the draft as it is one of the deepest positions EVER.  Yes we need to replace Seymour but there is no for sure Seymour after Suh, McCoy and Williams and all three will be long gone by 22. 

There are some decent RB choices to be had in the 2nd, Gerhart, Hardesty, and Dwyer.  If we pass on them there is no way McKnight, Dixon or Tate lasts until our spot in the 4th.  If we want a solid RB we have to take one in our first 4 picks.

The situation is similar for TEs.  Good choices available in the 2nd and 3rd, nothing by our spot in the fourth.  Pitta will never get out of the 3rd round.

WRs can be had everywhere but there are only a handful of guys with solid star potential, Bryant, Tate, and D. Thomas.  There will be a bunch of sleeper guys who could emerge throughout the draft but it's hit or miss.

If you want a pass rusher, take Graham, Hughes or Kindle at #22.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_relatednews.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=NE

James Sanders for Greg Olson?  I would hope is McGowan rather than Sanders, I send McGowan and AD for Olson.  Sanders improved the secondary when he became the starter late in the season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

faucet,

comments on your latest analysis...

I was on the Odrick bandwagon early, but have since jumped off. After watching more and more tape of him, I think he is good, but not worthy of the 22nd pick...I think there are comparable DE/DL that can be had in round 2 that I personally like more like Alualu and possibly even Houston. That said, for some reason Williams slipped to 22, I would take him in a heartbeat. 

If Brace showed some promise last year as a 2nd rounder, I woudl feel better about the Dline...even still, we really don't have a true DE in the mold of Seymour...Wright, Brace and Pryor in my view are DT's in a 3-4. 

Agree on RB & TE....

I think what is becoming apparent is the Pats need to find a way back into round 3. Don't know how it happens (trade for player on roster) or trade draft picks, but there has got to be a way to either move down in teh 2nd with one of our picks and pick up a 3rd, or trade someone on the current roster for a 3rd....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

The only DL type likely left at #22 and worthy of the selection is Odrick.  The only pass rushing OLB types likely to be where we pick between 44-53 are Misi and Sapp.  Graham, Hughes, and Kindle will be long gone. I would agree about Odrick being the only likely DE left worthy of possibly taking at #22. But as you stated below they might opt to switch the priorities if they are not high on Odrick for some reason OR more importantly if they think there is not a big difference between a player like Alualu or Carrington and him. One thing was certain in looking into it. The Patriots defensive linmen did not grade out so well last season. They need help there. If they switch priorities I think they are looking at Kindle, Dunlap or Graham at #22. I would need to feel very certain Graham can set the edge standing up at 3-4 OLB before I take him. That's the 3-4 OLB primary job. Kindle is said to be excellent against the run. Only 6.5 sacks but really I would like to know how much pressure he puts not just how many sacks. Dunlap, you have to worry about his immaturity. He's only 20 but no denying his skills. TBC was a 7th rounder and really best suited as a pass rush specialist so I have major reservations on these shorter hybrid guys being picked high. For instance I do not think Hughes can set an edge he only did it so so in the bowl game and I don't think he can do it in the pros. I am not picking a guy like that high just to be a pass rusher. When you play a guy like Peyton he'll just go hurry up and not allow you to substitute and even get him on the field. If you wanted a guy like that I would just take a guy later like Norwood or something.

There is DT talent available throughout the draft as it is one of the deepest positions EVER.  Yes we need to replace Seymour but there is no for sure Seymour after Suh, McCoy and Williams and all three will be long gone by 22.  Agreed. See above notes as even though it is a deep class they really need to find the best one they can. It was a problem last year.

There are some decent RB choices to be had in the 2nd, Gerhart, Hardesty, and Dwyer.  If we pass on them there is no way McKnight, Dixon or Tate lasts until our spot in the 4th.  If we want a solid RB we have to take one in our first 4 picks. I am not sure of that. First I am not convinced all those backs are ALL off the board before 117. Second I don't think a player like starks is chopped liver compared to a few of those guys and yet he's only expected to go in the 5th or 6th round. I ideally would like them to trade back in the 1st just a few spots and pick up another pick or trade #44 back to the end of round 2 and pick up an end of round 3. Finding partners willing or rather wanting to to that however is probably doubtful.

The situation is similar for TEs.  Good choices available in the 2nd and 3rd, nothing by our spot in the fourth.  Pitta will never get out of the 3rd round. Again, I have to disagree that all the decent prospects will be gone before #117. So you think Graham, Pitta and Moeaki will all be gone before #117? Even witht he kid from USC, Gronkowski, Gresham, Hernandez, etc also going ahead of those guys?

WRs can be had everywhere but there are only a handful of guys with solid star potential, Bryant, Tate, and D. Thomas.  There will be a bunch of sleeper guys who could emerge throughout the draft but it's hit or miss. Sure I will agree. More importantly though. Who cares. The receiver position is so over hyped and over rated in importance as it relates to the elite ones I mean. The position alone does not help elevate the team to championships. I really like mbeaus boy Tate but I wouldn't take him in the first round due to the position he plays. Same for your beast boy Thomas. Like him but not in 1st because he's a WR.

If you want a pass rusher, take Graham, Hughes or Kindle at #22