2010 NFL Draft Thread #1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread #1

Brandon Graham needs to be the pick. 

Hughes- Has stiff hips undersized for the OLB position in the 34 D, and never has dropped back. Gholston 2.0 do not want. Robert Mathis type in the 43 D.

Pierre-Paul- Slow step not a great motor

Kindle-Best OLB overall pick can drop back and has a overall okay arsenal of pass rush moves. Needs to bulk up though

Graham-Non stop motor, tall as TBC though 6'2. A clone of Woodley and James Harrison. 40 time is meh, and can drop back non stiff hips can play DE/OLB. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

On the pass rush I think the Pats would go after someone who is in the 6'4" range.  It seems traditional anyway.  For now Kindle is in the neighborhood and I would rather go after him.  Kindle wouldn't need to bulk up all that much.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Laz,  it appears Hughes stock is dropping a group.  He didn't do well against Boise and I thought he would take a hit.  It was just slow coming.  I don't see Sapp being there at #22 but it's early.  Kindle should be there but as you say he comes with a load of issues.  I wonder if he'll be able to stay in the 1st round.  Sergio is such a tease.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

What's looking good right now is the selection of OL at 22.  A lot of different ways to go.  There's like 4 tackles we could chose from. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Pats should find out who Parcells is scouting and then get those guys.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think an interesting development is the Pats working out two guys I liked so early, in Brandon Graham and Eric Norwood. 

I had written Norwood off earlier because of his size, but when I think about it, he adds flex because he could be grouped with ILBs too.

Graham has much better size, and in some ways is built similar to Adalius Tomas.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Looks like Graham and Odrick had good Senior Bowl practices and game.  Then again all teams saw this.  It will be interesting in light of the Wilfork situation.  I would hate to strengthen one area....(i.e. the edge/edge rush) and weaken the middle with no able replacement in sight (i.e. Brace).  They have some challenges this offseason.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

One thing about senior bowl games.  It's a game where not all attend.  Only those who need to improve their stock go to this game which is a good thing.  It's the perfect place for players whose measurables are in question to show they are not an issue. 

Odrick was seeing his stock go down, almost reaching the 2nd round.  He'll move up now!  Graham with his height and arm length coming into question for an OLB showed us it doesn't matter.  On the other end of the spectrum we have Cody.  No telling what damage was done here.  Gilyard impressed me.  The guy can scoot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Yeah, a lot of the players in the North showed up. Tebow has been blasted so far, same with Cody.

Graham was impressive, indeed. He is an impressive player.

Rolle got himself into 3rd round consideration, even after a year off. I know NE is basically set for the future, but quality DBs are hard to get too.

Still, I am waiting on the combine, which is almost as important as this stuff.

And yeah, I think Graham has a inside track considering how well some Michigan Ends have converted and how his size metrics actually translate well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

What I enjoyed the most about Graham was what he was doing when he wasn't involved in a play.  He just doesn't stop.

Although NFL teams are involved in the Senior Bowl it seems to intensify during the combine.  The Senior Bowl seems to be but a footnote.  I wonder if there has been some kinda study on players who don't go to the senior bowl vs. those who do.  The gamble one takes on playing you rish injury and/or a stock hit.

Sections
Shortcuts