2010 NFL Draft Winners and Losers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

2010 NFL Draft Winners and Losers?

Who were the winners and losers of the first three rounds of the draft?

State your opinions!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Re: 2010 NFL Draft Winners and Losers?

Check back in three years! Not to be a downer but these lists are stupid. How do you know if a team is a winner or loser without seeing the draft picks play? The Pats were losers for reaching for Vollmer, while they were winners for selecting an NFL ready NT in Ron Brace. How'd that work out?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostbuster. Show ghostbuster's posts

In Response to 2010 NFL Draft Winners and Losers?:
    Who were the winners and losers of the first three rounds of the draft? State your opinions!
    Posted by NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD

Take it for what ever it is. As per ESPN article Pats are big winners of Day2.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=5130721

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The Pats addressed needs and got a 2nd rounder next year for this year's late 3rd rounder.  I thought the Pats moves were great.  After 3 rounds you have to be happy. 

I'm really curious on who they are going to get with all those 7th rounders.  There are some sleepers there. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Good point.  When you break it down, the NFL consists of close to 2000 active players....(53 roster 8 practice squad).  They are all not 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

I'm not saying the Chargers won or lost. Just take a look at what was said.

To the trade up crowd

Chargers moved from the 28th pick in the first round to No. 12 to take halfback Ryan Mathews. The price was a second-round pick and the loss of 16 spots in the fourth round.          
    To get linebacker Donald Butler in the third round, the Chargers had to give up a sixth-round pick in this year's draft and a fourth-rounder in 2011. That enabled them to move up 12 spots in the third round. In the rest of the draft, the `1Chargers have only a fourth, two fifths and a seventh. They will have only two picks in the top 110 of a rich draft.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

Why do people put such stock in 6th and 7th round picks.  Crazy exceptions aside they rarely make any team.  I would rather have 3 studs in rounds 1 & 2 that will make the team rather than 13 picks with possibly 1 or 2 good players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Without even looking; Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Colts, Pats. These guys always pick well year in and year out, except the pats, but I'll take the last 2 drafts they had.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Is it just me or have we picked better AFTER Pioli is gone?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

The Jags were losers so far.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 NFL Draft Winners and Losers?:
    Is it just me or have we picked better AFTER Pioli is gone?
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

To me Yeah. I wasn't a big fan of his drafts over the last 4 years or so, but the draft is a crapshoot. I do like what the pats have done the last two years with Reese.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to 2010 NFL Draft Winners and Losers?:

Who were the winners and losers of the first three rounds of the draft? State your opinions!
    Posted by NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD

Has the draft been completed? Has the seasn been played and completed? W T F did I miss??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Not to belabor a point that's already been made, but certain people make their living predicting what will happen in the draft. If you ask those people who are the big winners and losers in the draft, they are going to tell you that the teams that picked the guys that they, themselves, had projected did well, and the teams that didn't are "reaching." The particular problem with this chain of reasoning is that these guys are often widely wrong -- and if it sounds as if I am describing a particular individual who works for ESPN exclusively in this capacity, congratulations, you have passed the Clear Comprehension of the Obvious portion of the exam.

I agree with the guy who said the draft isn't over yet, and even when it is, the results won't be known for three years or so.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to 2010 NFL Draft Winners and Losers? : Has the draft been completed? Has the seasn been played and completed? W T F did I miss??
    Posted by AZPAT

You want to wait to see if these guys can actually play?  W T F, the best way to judge a draft is to immediately jump to conclusions based off player potential, guesses, and uninformed amateur analyses.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The Pats set themselves up for a nice draft in 2011 (two 1sts and 2nds). They have the flexibility to move up or down in that draft. Very smart. Hope Gronk is healthy, Spikes was good value at his spot. Cunningham good value with upside. Hope Mc Courty is better than nickel and dime guy and see this pick as a tacit admission that neither Wheatley or Wilhite is any good....and that usually bothers me because it means you drafted two guys that s--k and might not be on the roster in 2011. Nickel or no nickel you always want to draft starters.

But Yeah we won't know till three years down the road. I could see Spikes ,Gronk Mc Carty and Cunningham getting PT this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 NFL Draft Winners and Losers? : You want to wait to see if these guys can actually play?  W T F, the best way to judge a draft is to immediately jump to conclusions based off player potential, guesses, and uninformed amateur analyses.
    Posted by shenanigan

I don't like veiled sarcasm.

I like the kind of sarcasm that jumps right up and says "Hello."Cool

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

I love it when so-called "experts" tryand overload us with their opinion on a player (ie: Tebow), a team (ie: the Rams), or the best choice when several needs are evident (Patriots). They self profess their brilliance, and put themselves in a position of not being wrong, and we, the public, buy into it. For instamce, the Pats needed a DE, TE, LB, and secondary help. They fill the need at TE (few highly rated TE's were available this draft; they drafted one of the two top rated TE's), and the whining experts are up in arms because the TE won't be able to speed rush off the edge. If they draft a DE, then their gripe will be, with Watson leaving, who's going to be the other TE (after Crumpler)? If they draft a OLB, the new gripe will be about their failuire to take a poptential shut down corner of safety. St louis? What's their true need? The QB (Bradford) or DE (Suh)? Was Suh teh better pick over the guy out of Oklahoma? 

WHO CARES??????????

Let the teams complete the draft; develope their 53 man roster, complete the season/post season (when applicable), measure the player's success to see if they met expectatoons, and give it a go the next year. Unlike the Raid-uhs, who are in the 9th year of a 2 years rebuilding process, or the 'Skins, who take that elevator ride from playoffs to 4-12, the Patriots are reloading while still winning the AFC East and achieving double digit wins. It's a shame that they will always pass on this player, or not trade up to draft that player, or that other guy was  bust becasue he didn't go All Pro or immediately into the HOF after a rookie season. 

Ask youself this: Would you rather have this regime or any of the previous regimes?  This is a no brainer. But, winning 3 SB's with virtual unknowns has spoiled us. Conditions under which teams have been put together have dramatically changed. There is zero possibility of any team becoming the next 49'ers, the 'Boys of teh early 90's, or the 70's Steelers again; free agency and salary cap issues just about guarantee it. Sure, a tam can get on ashort run, a la Pats in the early 2000's, but then it's only a matterof time. Look at the0 new edition Steelers. What did they do the seasons after winning their SB's? How about teh Giants after their win? I don't recall the Packers winning another SB since the '96 game, or have I missed something? Havethe Raid-uhs been even relevant since their 2002 SB appearence? (I know.... their ANOTHER story.) Yet the Patriots have a sranglehold on the AFC East until someone kicks them off the top. (Going 11-5, tying for the division and losing it official title due to a tie breaker is NOT being thrown off the top.)

Anyone but me remember the times when our pre season pronogstications would speculate that the Pats would go 6-10 or "maybe" 7-9; and that 8-8 would be a VERY GOOD year? Now, I'm happy knowing that the Patriots can yearly field a playoff caliber, SB contending team. With an in-game break here or there, the lack of major injuries to key players, and some game time "magic" the Patriots have a more than reasonable opportunity to win their division and go deep in the playoffs. 

SB successes has spoiled the Johnny Come Lately fans. They have high expectations, and if not winning the SB year in and year out is their measurement of actual succcess...... well, they have issues.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 NFL Draft Winners and Losers? : You want to wait to see if these guys can actually play?  W T F, the best way to judge a draft is to immediately jump to conclusions based off player potential, guesses, and uninformed amateur analyses.
    Posted by shenanigan

You mean I didn't miss SB MMCCLLLXXXVVVIII?

Phew! What a relief!

Sections
Shortcuts