2011 Draft best draft in longtime

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: 2011 Draft best draft in longtime

In Response to Re: 2011 Draft best draft in longtime:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Draft best draft in longtime : ..1. They are trying to beef him up to play end in a 43 and it's why we haven't seen much of him. Or 2. He got benched and gained the weight and it's why we haven't seen him (I find this very hard to imagine)...I'm going with sceneio 1. I guess another scenerio was that it wasn't him that I saw at all, which based off of what he's done this year could be the case.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

if someone has to gain 30 lbs to play a role, he's prbably the wrong guy for the role.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]So if you are keeping track at home 2nd rd: Hits - Gronk, Chung, Vollmer, Spikes Misses - Wheatley, Brace, Butler Incomplete - Cunningham, Vareen, Dowling Cunningham is the closest incomplete to a miss obviously and Brace still has a tiny bit of incomplete in him... maybe he can turn it around. Or maybe he is just the next Marquisse Hill... a 330lb monster 2nd rd pick with no desire to become anything. Let's say that Dowling stays healthy and actually turns into a solid #2-#3 CB and Vareen takes over for Kevin Faulk as a reliable 3rd down back w/ some change of pace speed. But Cunningham and Brace both stay stinkers. Then in 4 drafts of 10 players Bill will have had 6 hits na d4 misses (60%... not bad) with his TE becoming one of the bets in the league worthy of being picked 20 slots higher... solid starting SS, ILB, RT.... and depth CB and RB. The misses will always seem to hurt more than the pride you feel for the hits... and that is a shame. Yes I'd love to have Byrd or Charles Godfrey next to Chung, Jamaal Charles or LeCroy next to BJGE/Woodhead, Asante still on this team and linebackers like Justin Houston and Akeem Ayers and a pass rusher like Matthews or Carlos Dunlap... but 60% is good esp with one guy going to be an all-pro and 2 guys with shots to make the pro-bowl each year.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

The only hits there are Gronk and Vollmer. Gronk being a big hit and Vollmer less so. The rest are not consistently hits or are just downright misses.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I like Chung and thought he looked like a good blitzer his rookie year.. I remember him getting 2 sacks as a rookie and one of them drew a 15 yard penalty he hit em so hard. With Chung, just remember he was a 20 y/o rookie. He was a true freshman at Oregan at age 17 and played early and often. So i guess what i am saying, is Chung is the future, but he needs to grow and the minor injuries will go away after a few years in the league and taking care of his body. I was very high on him coming out for his leadership and no nonsense attitude, but I think we are expecting too much too early. Just consider that we got spoiled with Rodney Harrison...who when he came here was a 10 year veteran. It will come with time, but I think a lot was put on his plate when they released all the veterans and had him here w/scrubs
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Sure. When he reaches the level of a hit I will be glad to add him. Meanwhile, he isn't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Draft best draft in longtime : The only hits there are Gronk and Vollmer. Gronk being a big hit and Vollmer less so. The rest are not consistently hits or are just downright misses.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Vollmer is as good a RT as Chung is a SS and has also missed a couple more games... I guess you have to take into consideration that one was picked 34th and the other 58th...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

[QUOTE]I like Chung and thought he looked like a good blitzer his rookie year.. I remember him getting 2 sacks as a rookie and one of them drew a 15 yard penalty he hit em so hard. With Chung, just remember he was a 20 y/o rookie. He was a true freshman at Oregan at age 17 and played early and often. So i guess what i am saying, is Chung is the future, but he needs to grow and the minor injuries will go away after a few years in the league and taking care of his body. I was very high on him coming out for his leadership and no nonsense attitude, but I think we are expecting too much too early. Just consider that we got spoiled with Rodney Harrison...who when he came here was a 10 year veteran. It will come with time, but I think a lot was put on his plate when they released all the veterans and had him here w/scrubs
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

i agree, and also harrison didn't play much his first couple of years in san diego, he was mostly a special teamer..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Draft best draft in longtime : The only hits there are Gronk and Vollmer. Gronk being a big hit and Vollmer less so. The rest are not consistently hits or are just downright misses.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

2 for 10... they should keep their first round picks and not bother trading down to the 2nd round.