2011 Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

Re: 2011 Draft

how about the 2010 season were 4-1 worry about the draft when the season is over our needs will change people will improve, players will be back warren,bodden,faulk etc.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Draft:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Draft : True, that's the conventional wisdom.  OT in the second round is where I think the smart money is.  Light and Vollmer were both 2nd round picks and Kaz was a 3rd round pick.  Mankins who played OT all through college went at 32 which you could say was a 2nd round pick since he wouldn't have been there at 64.  So, if you think about it BB has a history of drafting basically 4 OTs from the late 1st to late 3rd.   Because of the premium teams place on LTs I do think a couple of these guys end up going top 10 with 5-6 going in the first round.  I see us holding off and maybe looking at Gabe Carimi with that CAR pick or Chris Hairston in the late 3rd.  Both guys are tall lanky types that can move.  Keep in mind even if Light does depart, Kaczur will be back, one would assume at RT, moving Vollmer to LT.  LaVoir is already on the roster and he's 6-7, 310 and going on 3 years with the Pats now.  He knows the system and he's looked okay when pressed into service.  A rookie OT would still have a hard time cracking the starting line up next year even if Light is gone.   I think the real opportunity for a rookie is at Guard.  I know Neal is signed through 2011 as is Koppen but he is a candidate to retire or get hurt again, Neal that is.  We have Ohrnberger, Ojinnaka and Wendell.  All are sub 300 lb. and I know BB likes fast nimble guards but I would hope he'd look to add a decent sized guy in the 3rd round.  Boling, Schilling or even Boren I would like 3-4th round just to give us a little beef upfront. 
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about Kaczur at guard since it appears that OT is a challenge for him.  That would satisfy the guard created space and get a better qualified OT in here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

1a. Adrian Clayborn, DE, (Iowa) or prince akuramura CB

1b. Nate Solder OT (Colorado) 6-9, 305, 4.84

2a. DeMarco Murray, RB (Oklahoma), 6-0, 214, 4.49

2b. JJ Watts, DE/DT (Wisconsin)

3a. Clint Boling, OG (Georgia) 6-5, 310, 5.16

3b. Chimdi Chekwa, CB (Ohio State), 6-0, 190, 4.42

4. Owen Marecic, FB (Stanford)

6. Ugo Chinasa, OLB (Oklahoma State)

6-7? (Comensatory) Bilal Powell RB, (Louisville) 6th-7th round

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Brandon Saine 6'1" 217 lbs reportedly runs a 4.4 40.  can catch and runs down hill, puts hits on tackler. 

Unlike a lot of people, I really like BJGE.  I think he is the perfect RB for this system.  Saine is same type player but quicker through the hole.  Nothing like having a 217lb home run hitter. 

At OSU he's also lined up wide on plays as WR, that opposite Hernandez and woody in the back field with WW and Tate would be dangerous for any D in the league.  I think BB is going to those guys who are not a master outside or inside but can line up anywhere and get open. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Draft : ...I see us holding off and maybe looking at Gabe Carimi with that CAR pick or Chris Hairston in the late 3rd.  Both guys are tall lanky types that can move.  ...

i don't see carimi being available in the 2nd round. i don't think there's a lot of talent in other positions. i think a lot of teams will go after an oline upgrade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

[QUOTE]Brandon Saine 6'1" 217 lbs reportedly runs a 4.4 40.  can catch and runs down hill, puts hits on tackler.  Unlike a lot of people, I really like BJGE.  I think he is the perfect RB for this system.  Saine is same type player but quicker through the hole.  Nothing like having a 217lb home run hitter.  At OSU he's also lined up wide on plays as WR, that opposite Hernandez and woody in the back field with WW and Tate would be dangerous for any D in the league.  I think BB is going to those guys who are not a master outside or inside but can line up anywhere and get open. 
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

The problem with Saine is his lack of vision between the tackles, and his tight hips when changing direction. He's super fast, and he's a great receiver (in fact, I think he'll end up playing slot receiver in the NFL if he wants to stick on a roster), but he simply lacks the tools to be a top-notch running back. He'd be like Maroney all over again, but without the ability to actually make people miss in the open field.

He is definitely intriguing, though. If he can work on his flexibility and movement skills, as well as improve his efficiency when it comes to identifying the correct holes and hitting them consistently, then I'd be all for adding him in the later rounds. He has immense physical ability. I just don't like him as a running back at this stage.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In the first couple of rounds, I like going heavy D - for top pick from Raiders - if Pete Peterson of LSU is there I am for picking him as MB and others have noted, but if not I would go DE - Cameron Heywood of Ohio State.  Also like Cameron Jordan of Cal.  Anyhow, either DB and DE or flip them with our 2 first round picks.

Carolina second, which we own, looks like a high second and here I want OLB - Kerrigan or Quinn (stock may fall as he won't play this year probably), or Mark Herzlich of BC. 

Botton of second round I want OL - what does anyone think/know about Justin Sherrod of Miss State?  6'5" and 305 lbs. I have high regard for him.  How about the guy from Pitt - Jason Pinkston - any thoughts about him?  Also, Kris O'Dowd a center from SoCal would be a good choice. 

Any thoughts for OLmen in second or third rounds?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Draft : i don't see carimi being available in the 2nd round. i don't think there's a lot of talent in other positions. i think a lot of teams will go after an oline upgrade.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]
    I have Castonzo, Sherrod and Solder ahead of Carimi at this point.  I can see Carimi coming off the board late 1st, early 2nd.  We could be looking at the top pick in the 2nd round.  BB doesn't like to draft OL in the first round but he's done it twice in the 2nd and once in the 3rd.  I think we have a higher priority along the interior line.  Assuming Light leaves, we still have Vollmer, Kaczur and LeVoir at tackle.  This isn't to say a stud OT would likely be better than Kaz and LeVoir.  Okay, I talked myself into a OT but I don't want to go first round.  I like Carimi with that CAR pick.  I want to spend those pair of firsts on defense, CB and OLB would be my preference.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

If Carimi is available with Pats second first round pick they should lift their eyes to the heavens and give thanks.there are at least 6-7 OT's who could well go in the first 45 picks or so and Carimi fits the mold of what thy look for,fits their OL system and he should be a concictently outstanding tackle for years.a good two way tackle(pass protection and blocking for the run)but I believe he will be particularly in bolstering their running game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Draft : I have Castonzo, Sherrod and Solder ahead of Carimi at this point.  I can see Carimi coming off the board late 1st, early 2nd.  We could be looking at the top pick in the 2nd round.  BB doesn't like to draft OL in the first round but he's done it twice in the 2nd and once in the 3rd.  I think we have a higher priority along the interior line.  Assuming Light leaves, we still have Vollmer, Kaczur and LeVoir at tackle.  This isn't to say a stud OT would likely be better than Kaz and LeVoir.  Okay, I talked myself into a OT but I don't want to go first round.  I like Carimi with that CAR pick.  I want to spend those pair of firsts on defense, CB and OLB would be my preference.

i like carimi more than sherrod. i have not seen castonzo or solder...will defiitely try to catch their games.

Sections
Shortcuts