2011 opponents

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lexlib. Show lexlib's posts

2011 opponents

I know we still have 3 games left to play, any idea how our matchups look like for 2011?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: 2011 opponents

Looks like the NFC East and the AFC West.

Could be worse.

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_afce.htm

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lexlib. Show lexlib's posts

i tried to add "that is if the season is even played" before anyone responded.

lol!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I have a hard time believing there will actually be a lock-out.

There's going to be some posturing, certainly . . .   but there's an awful lot of money at stake to simply shut it down.

I'm guessing the sides aren't really as far apart as they would like each other to believe.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 opponents:
    Looks like the NFC East and the AFC West. Could be worse. http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_afce.htm
    Posted by p-mike

plus Pittsburgh and probably jax, and the AFC East

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Home
    Chiefs
    Chargers
    Cowboys
    Giants
    Bills
    Dolphins
    Jets
    AFC South team finishing in same spot in standings

Away

Broncos
    Raiders
    Eagles
    Redskins
    Bills
    Dolphins
    Jets
    AFC North team finishing in same spot in standings

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Home Chiefs Chargers Cowboys Giants Bills Dolphins Jets AFC South team finishing in same spot in standings Away Broncos Raiders Eagles Redskins Bills Dolphins Jets AFC North team finishing in same spot in standings

Posted by Rocky

What, no Colts?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 opponents : What, no Colts?!
    Posted by Muzwell

They are a game behind the Jags......
    remaining games Jags, Oak, and Tenn

Jags remaining games are: Indy, Wash, and Hou

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

If the Colts win their division then the Pats will see them. otherwise its Jacksonville.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Home Chiefs Chargers Cowboys Giants Bills Dolphins Jets AFC South team finishing in same spot in standings Away Broncos Raiders Eagles Redskins Bills Dolphins Jets AFC North team finishing in same spot in standings
    Posted by Rocky

I will take this schedule and run. With our D improving and our O gelling that seems like a relatively easier schedule then this year. Heck, other then the AFC North team and division opponents no real away game scares me

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Posted by Rocky

Doesnt look like the Patriots play the Raiders away, looks like they are a home game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 opponents : Doesnt look like the Patriots play the Raiders away, looks like they are a home game.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

The NFL made a scheduleing change after the 08 season. Normally, The AFC cross plays a division in the AFC rotating on a 3 year cycle and a division in the NFC rotating on a four year cycle. This year, our division crossplayed the AFC north and NFC north. From each division that we cross play, 2 are home and 2 are away. The two are always the same and it's organized by alphabet of the team's city. For ex, the AFCN teams we played home this year were Baltimore and Cinncinnati because they come in the alphabet before Cleveland and Pittsburgh. In 2013 when our division cross plays the AFCN again, we will go to Baltimore and Cincy, and Cleveland and pitt will come to gillette.

Now as for 2011. In 2008 we crossplayed both the AFCW and NFCW. That year both NE and NYJ made 4 cross country trips, to OAK, SD, SF, and SEA. The nfl made a change so that thwo 4 opponents from those divisions were split up. Sounds confusing I know. For ex, the split up SD and OAK because they were both far, so they paired denver with OAK and paired KC and SD. The same was done to the NFCW. This change was done basically so teams to limit the # of games a team flys completely cross country. Before the rule change, in 2011 Oak and SD would have come to NE and we would have gone to Den and KC. Now were gonna go to oak in consecutive cycles, but KC will come here in consecutive cyles (remember we played them here in the 08 opener)

Shame because I was looking forward to the pats playing at arrowhead, but that will have to wait till 2014, or possibly sooner if the pats and chiefs finish in the same slot in the division standings in 2012 or 2013.

Bradymossfan, I tried to explain it the best I could. I hope this helped

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

NFC East and AFC West, hmm. Shots in the dark with some level of an educated guess:

Cowboys - Loss
    Eagles - Win
    Redskins - Win
    Giants - Win

Broncos - Loss
    Chargers - Win
    Raiders - Win
    Chiefs - Win

Jets - Win
    Jets - Win
    Bills - Loss
    Bills - Loss
    Dolphins - Win
    Dolphins - Loss

Jacksonville - Win
    Pittsburgh - Win *(Game of the year)

(Shockers for you fans, the pair of Bills losses -- one I assume being heavily influenced by missing a key player on defense like Vince Wilfork, the other loss being where the Patriots get outworked and surrender a lead. A loss to the Broncos next season wouldn't mean the Patriots are a worse team; just that they lost that particular matchup. Remember that every game is a different challenge. In 2011, I think the Cowboys are going to be veeeerry good, as will the Patriots. Just a loss to them though, ultimately it only counts as one.) 11-5 is good for a playoff berth and possibly another division title, with Miami and even Buffalo putting up a good fight. Jets finish last next season though sporting a fairly competitive team in a "bridge year". Very, very tough schedule, more so than this season and without as many favorable momentum swings (1. Miami coughing up their brains on ST, 2. Minnesota starting to crumble with the Randy situation looming, 3. a snow game that I believe works to the advantage of the Patriots versus Chicago, 4. San Diego not knowing what to do but turn the ball over, 5. Manning not being as selfish on the last drive of the game to tie or possibly win). I don't expect any Cleveland-like games either though, next season.

Brady is having a great season on the stat sheet and in general too, so we shouldn't exactly expect the same thing like it is a given next year. Because this year, he has certainly made off with a couple of timely plays that could have gone either way but just happened to go the Patriots way. Not that other QB's don't benefit from the same lack of play making by the defense every now and then, but I'm talking about should-be interceptions in a number of different games at points when it seemed to me like, "Eeee, if they pick that off, our defense is not feeling too good right now." And then those plays can translate into points and alter games. Different outcomes subsequently lead to different lessons learned, and overall the football team takes shape a little differently -- likely developing chemestry at a different rate. The mood shifts on the season.

But, enough with the divulging into Negative Nancy's hypothetical land. This season, and next season, are going to be fun.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

NFC East and AFC West, hmm. Shots in the dark with some level of an educated guess: Cowboys - Loss Eagles - Win Redskins - Win Giants - Win Broncos - Loss Chargers - Win Raiders - Win Chiefs - Win Jets - Win Jets - Win Bills - Loss Bills - Loss Dolphins - Win Dolphins - Loss Jacksonville - Win Pittsburgh - Win *(Game of the year) (Shockers for you fans, the pair Bills losses -- one I assume being heavily influenced by missing a key players, the other one where the Patriots get outworked and surrender a lead. A lose to the Broncos next season wouldn't mean the Patriots are a worse team; just that they lost that particular matchup. Remember that. In 2011, I think the Cowboys are going to be veeeerry good, as will be the Patriots. Just a single loss, ultimately, though.) 11-5 is good for a playoff and possibly another division title, with Miami and even Buffalo putting up a good fight. Jets finish last next season though sporting a fairly competitive team in a "bridge year".
    Posted by Brendon-Patrick

can i get some of whatever you are smoking because that must be some good stuff. id understan   one loss to the bills (which is still highly doubful) but 2? and i know we normally have trouble with denver but with how bad that team is this year i dont see them getting much better next year

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 opponents : can i get some of whatever you are smoking because that must be some good stuff. id understan   one loss to the bills (which is still highly doubful) but 2? and i know we normally have trouble with denver but with how bad that team is this year i dont see them getting much better next year
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08

This type of crap gets said every year. Guess what? Things change and the consensus predict things wrong. Besides, I was taking a shot in the dark but also trying to make educated guesses as I went about projecting wins and losses. You can debate them obviously, but I don't see the point in doing so. What really gets accomplished? In the end we're critiquing my fun at predicting things.

Sections
Shortcuts