2011 Patriot Free Angents

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmk. Show tmmk's posts

2011 Patriot Free Angents

Potential FAs: S Josh Barrett (3), RB Kevin Faulk (12), PK Shayne Graham (10), RB BenJarvus ­  Green-Ellis (3), OT Matt Light (10), OG Logan ­Mankins (6), S Brandon McGowan (6), RB Sammy Morris (11), OT Quinn Ojinnaka(5), S Jarrad Page (5), RB Fred Taylor (13), DE Gerard Warren (10), ILB Tracy White (8).

Kevin faulk will retire or be back with the patriots.

Time to re-sign Mankins, BJGE, and Warren....

Maybe Light if the price is right.

We are in good shape....no big losses

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: 2011 Patriot Free Angents

I sincerely hope that Mankins rethinks his stratospheric demands. Taking a franchise level offer would be great for both parties. I would like Light back unless they are sure they have the personnel to move on. He never was elite but he is dependable and can handle most awesome rushers with a little help. 

BJGE will re-sign, and it will be a very good deal for NE as his price won't be too high.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Guys I would like to see come back:
    - /> Logan Mankins (one of the best guards in the league and an intimidator)
    - /> Tracy White (he's on every special teams unit, and he shows up near the ball on both coverage units if you watch closely enough)
    - /> Jarrad Page (big, physical safety is great for sub-packages)
    - /> Brandon McGowan (born to play man coverage on pass-catching tight ends and a physical safety made for more sub-packages)

Guys they should bring back under the right circumstances:
    - /> Matt Light (an above-average lineman who's apparently a very positive force in the locker room - he's a big deal to bring back if Logan Mankins walks)
    - /> Gerard Warren (surprised me and has been everything we thought the other Warren would be; saves a draft pick for something else)
    - /> BenJarvis Green-Ellis (whose agent compared him to Curtis Martin, which resulted in BJGE getting buried on the deep end of the bench for a while; for the right price)
    - /> Kevin Faulk (who I think will be brought back somehow - I put him here because I don't see much risk of him going elsewhere, although I also don't see him contributing too much on the field with the rise of Danny Woodhead)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

I hate to say it but unless Woodhead suffers a catastrophic injury Faulk's day as a Patriot are done. Personally I'd like to see him retire healthy as a Patriot and perhaps find a place in the organization in a non playing capacity.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

There should really be no concerns about re-signing BJGE.  He will only be a restricted FA.  I also wouldn't be surprised to Faulk retire.  Otherwise I agree with you AFKAN, although I would still draft a DE in the top 3 rounds.