2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED WITH MOCK V1***

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED WITH MOCK V1***:
    i watched solder last night and came away with these thoughts...   he is strong when the rusher tries to power directly into him, but struggles a lot with speed rushers who try to go around him. his lateral movement is not very quick. twice or thrice i though he could ahve been called a hold. i have carimi over him.
    Posted by seattlepat70

Thanks, I had Solder ahead of Carimi before your comments.  I saw Carimi against the best D linesman in Clayborn a few weeks ago and Carimi held his own.  We have a chance to build a new, young and more dominate OL in this draft and I hope we do it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED WITH MOCK V1*** : Ok, so lets say the Raiders (who are throwing up 33 pts against the Seahawks) actually make the playoffs in a weak division. We end up with their pick somewhere around 22 - 25. I know BB will never trade two first rounders, but would you consider trading our two first rounders for a top 5 pick? Or do you think the draft will be deep enough to get a dominant pass rusher? I ask because historically, the best pass rushers go within the top 10 picks and are usually studs.
    Posted by 4Adam13

If the season ended today we'd be at 14 with that Raider pick.  I don't think we'd trade up very far if all at.  The guys we'd want like Peterson and Clayborn would cost too much.  However, I'm with the majority of guys on here that think Nick Fairley would make an excellent pick assuming he comes out.  I think we will be too far out of range for Peterson, Amukamara, Green or Jones.  I think 3 QBs will go in the top 10.  I think Clayborn is the first DL taken.  That's 7 guys gone, 6 to go where we are now. 

Who is in the next group?  I think Fairley could be and should be.  I think Quinn, Bailey, Bowers and Heyward should be in the discussion and we know at least one OT will come off the board.  Let's say these 5 plus one OT are gone before we pick.  If Fairley is there at 10 and we are at 14, it would cost 200 points, roughly our MIN 3rd round pick.  The more I watch Fairley, the more I like him and think he should be our #1 target.  Problem is his value could shoot up even higher than #10 and nobody has him even as first round worthy yet except us.

If we can't land a stud DT like Fairley or a stud CB like Peterson or Amukamara I think we should go best OT available.  Light is gone, let's face it.  We aren't paying him over $5MM to stay.  I don't see a WR or RB worthy of pick 14 assuming Green and Jones are gone.  Mankins will be gone.  We need to go OT and OG with 2 of our top 4 picks. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

My apologies for being a day late with the report from the BC vs. Clemson game, but here's what I noticed watching Herzlich, Castonzo, and Da'Quan Bowers in person:

Da'Quan Bowers:

Has an absurdly fast first step. He will definitely make it as an edge-rusher in this league. BUT, that doesn't necesarily mean it will translate to the Pats' 3-4 system (at least not right away). The big thing I noticed with Bowers was his versatility: I'm quite sure the only spot Bowers didn't line up at was DT. Other than that, he lined up on both end positions, and occasionaly lined up without a hand on the ground. When he was a stand-up rusher, he was nearly unblockable; even Castonzo had trouble dealing with him in this regard. If he was maybe 5 or even 10 lbs lighter, he would be an IDEAL candidate for a 3-4 OLB.

However, his weight is listed around 280 lbs. He's a tremendous standing pass-rusher, but I have doubts about whether he'd be able to move with fluidity in space. He has the speed to do so (reportedly runs a 4.6 forty), but his size may make it difficult for him to drop into coverage with ease.

Now, some of you are probably asking yourselves, "Can't he just gain some weight and be a 3-4 DE?" The answer: maybe. When he lined up with his hand on the ground, he pushed around many of BC's linemen, but when he went up against Castonzo (with his hand on the ground), Casztonzo did a good job of making sure Bowers didn't get involved in the play. That said, I'm not convinced that Bowers has that pure strength to collapse the pocket the Belichick looks for in his DE's. Maybe if he were to gain some more wieght we might see an increase in his leverage, but based upon what I saw on Saturday, I don't think he will be able to step in immediately as a 3-4 DE in the NFL.

Overall, my impression of Bowers is mixed. Will he be a first round selection? Absolutely - he's too talented not to be. Personally, I think his natural position in the NFL is at DE in a 4-3 scheme. In a 4-3, his first and foremost duty is to get to the QB, which is his speciality. If he gets drafted into a team that runs the 3-4, then I personally would be inclined to try him at OLB, as he looked unstoppable when he rushed standing up. He also is solid against the run, so I believe that he also would be able to set the edge as a 3-4 OLB. The big question for me would be playing him in coverage: that's where he'd be a liability and would need some work. Other than that, he's a VERY gifted athlete that, if he winds up in a good system, could be something special.

Anthony Castonzo:

Entering Saturday, I had mixed feelings about Castonzo. I pictured him as a borderline first-round pick.

Not after today. When he lined up against Bowers, on the whole, he did a tremendous job. The only time I noticed him get beat was when Bowers blew right by him on a stand-up rush. Other than that, Castonzo was great, giving Montel Harris great lanes to run through and giving our freshman QB Rettig enough time to make his reads.

If I had to pick out Castonzo's strength, I would have to say it is his run-blocking. He has a nasty demeanor, and gets a great push off the line. There's a reason Montel is so productive, and I feel that Castonzo plays a huge role in his success.

While Castonzo was solid in his pass protection, I still think that he could do better against the speed rush. In this regard, he reminds me a bit of Matt Light. However, I believe that Castonzo is more athletic than Light, and I think that if he winds up here in NE, he will have no problem contributing right away. If the Pats are looking for a successor to Light with one of their first-rounders, you can bet that Castonzo will be in that discussion.

Mark Herzlich:

It's tough to evaluate someone who wasn't on the field for a great number of plays, but you definitely notice when Herzlich is on the field. He's a tremendous physical presence: you can tell that receivers hear footsteps when he's in coverage nearby.

The big thing I noticed with Herzlich is that he still is working his way back into football: he still is lacking that burst of someone who has been playing consistently for a while. However, I think that's a fitness issue and will be resolved once he's been back in football for a year or so.

What stood out to me about Herzlich is that he's a sort of combination between Mayo and Spikes: he plays with a sort of "sixth-sense" like Spikes does (in other words, he's quite instinctive of a player), but he also takes the time to try and read what the offense is doing, much like Mayo does. Herzlich also is an EXCELLENT tackler: he has great wrap-up technique, but his hits also carry an extra "pop" that jars the ball-carrier.

I didn't get the opportunity to see him in a pass-rush role quite often, but there were a couple plays where he showed a surprisingly decent repetoire of moves to get to the QB. He has a good step off the line in these situations, and I feel that he'll only get better as he gets more in shape. He's still not quite where he was in 2008, but if he can eventually get back to there, then he would be a HUGE pickup in rounds 2 or 3 (depending on how he grades out at the combine). If he's around from the mid-second round onward, I would personally have no reservations about picking him up. He's a great player, and I'm sure he would be a great locker room presence too.

So there you have it. My $0.02 on those three. It's probably not the best analysis, but it's what I noticed on Saturday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

If Bowers is there when the Pats pick I feel it will be very hard to not select him.I still believe Carimi is the best offensive tackle fit for N.E. A side note,I have said since before the draft that Deaderick is young man who's physical gifts,mental approach to the game and work ethic bodes well for him to have a very good NFL career and that he is the type of player and person that normally thrives in the Patriots system and he has done to cause me to alter my opinion.It is good to see others starting to take notice of what this seventh round pick has accomplished in a realtively short time. Also,it is good to see many who questioned the selection of Cunningham on the  second round(including a number of TV analysts)have to rethink their positions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED WITH MOCK V1*** : I think the pick depends on the role you are envisioning for the player. Beal is better if you're looking for an every down player. Miller though I was projecting as more of a sub-package option or potentially even a 4-3 outside linebacker. With Ninkovich and Cunningham having established themselves as the early down option and Crable and Banta-Cain playing as rotation and sub-options, Miller helps give the Pats a different look (a legit 4-3) and an elite pass rusher for the passing downs. The addition of Nick Fairley specifically makes this move easier since there would be an elite, playmaking defensive end protecting the linebackers.
    Posted by KyleCleric2

Based on BB comments when evaluating and mocking I am looking for 4 down type players, Beal is one of those guys who can do multiple things and line up in special teams.  Situational guys are not drafted high.

Also have to include Fletcher as a situational rusher from the middle.  Dude is fast coming through the line.  Overall I really like this LB group, one stud like Beal could put it over the top.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I don't see why drafting a defensive player and a WR are mutually exclusive. They are not. NE has four selections in the first two rounds, and six in the first three. I have, since the before they let Moss go, wanted NE to draft one DE or OLB, one WR, and one OL and one BPA. In any order.  @ MBeaulieu re: Julio Jones. Yeah. I think I would. He has the dropsies from time to time. But he can certainly "take the top off a defense" as Moss put it. Moreover, he is a team guy, as polished a downfield blocker as you'll see coming out, and he isn't afraid to get messy in the middle. @Faucet Preach on dude. I have been saying this for seasons. For a first round RB to be "worth it" they need to be Chris Johnson good. Just being a 1000 yard back doesn't seem to cut it, because they seem to be coming from rounds 2-4 almost as often as from round one. BJGE and Woodhead don't worry me. The age/talent of the depleted WR corp do, and the overall performance of the OL and its prospect of being even thinner next season.  NE needs one big playmaker on each side of the ball, and one bona fide OL. If they draft that successfully .... the sky is the limit. 
    Posted by zbellino

I can't say I disagree.  I don't think he fits the profile of the quick/sudden/fluid type WR's that BB usually targets, but I love that combo of physicality, big play ability, willingness to block and work the middle of the field. He kinda reminds me of Brandon Marshall in that regard, and looks to be a solid kid off the field as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

My apologies for being a day late with the report from the BC vs. Clemson game, but here's what I noticed watching Herzlich, Castonzo, and Da'Quan Bowers in person: Da'Quan Bowers : Has an absurdly fast first step. He will definitely make it as an edge-rusher in this league. BUT, that doesn't necesarily mean it will translate to the Pats' 3-4 system (at least not right away). The big thing I noticed with Bowers was his versatility: I'm quite sure the only spot Bowers didn't line up at was DT. Other than that, he lined up on both end positions, and occasionaly lined up without a hand on the ground. When he was a stand-up rusher, he was nearly unblockable; even Castonzo had trouble dealing with him in this regard. If he was maybe 5 or even 10 lbs lighter, he would be an IDEAL candidate for a 3-4 OLB. However, his weight is listed around 280 lbs. He's a tremendous standing pass-rusher, but I have doubts about whether he'd be able to move with fluidity in space. He has the speed to do so (reportedly runs a 4.6 forty), but his size may make it difficult for him to drop into coverage with ease. Now, some of you are probably asking yourselves, "Can't he just gain some weight and be a 3-4 DE?" The answer: maybe. When he lined up with his hand on the ground, he pushed around many of BC's linemen, but when he went up against Castonzo (with his hand on the ground), Casztonzo did a good job of making sure Bowers didn't get involved in the play. That said, I'm not convinced that Bowers has that pure strength to collapse the pocket the Belichick looks for in his DE's. Maybe if he were to gain some more wieght we might see an increase in his leverage, but based upon what I saw on Saturday, I don't think he will be able to step in immediately as a 3-4 DE in the NFL. Overall, my impression of Bowers is mixed. Will he be a first round selection? Absolutely - he's too talented not to be. Personally, I think his natural position in the NFL is at DE in a 4-3 scheme. In a 4-3, his first and foremost duty is to get to the QB, which is his speciality. If he gets drafted into a team that runs the 3-4, then I personally would be inclined to try him at OLB, as he looked unstoppable when he rushed standing up. He also is solid against the run, so I believe that he also would be able to set the edge as a 3-4 OLB. The big question for me would be playing him in coverage: that's where he'd be a liability and would need some work. Other than that, he's a VERY gifted athlete that, if he winds up in a good system, could be something special. Anthony Castonzo : Entering Saturday, I had mixed feelings about Castonzo. I pictured him as a borderline first-round pick. Not after today. When he lined up against Bowers, on the whole, he did a tremendous job. The only time I noticed him get beat was when Bowers blew right by him on a stand-up rush. Other than that, Castonzo was great, giving Montel Harris great lanes to run through and giving our freshman QB Rettig enough time to make his reads. If I had to pick out Castonzo's strength, I would have to say it is his run-blocking. He has a nasty demeanor, and gets a great push off the line. There's a reason Montel is so productive, and I feel that Castonzo plays a huge role in his success. While Castonzo was solid in his pass protection, I still think that he could do better against the speed rush. In this regard, he reminds me a bit of Matt Light. However, I believe that Castonzo is more athletic than Light, and I think that if he winds up here in NE, he will have no problem contributing right away. If the Pats are looking for a successor to Light with one of their first-rounders, you can bet that Castonzo will be in that discussion. Mark Herzlich : It's tough to evaluate someone who wasn't on the field for a great number of plays, but you definitely notice when Herzlich is on the field. He's a tremendous physical presence: you can tell that receivers hear footsteps when he's in coverage nearby. The big thing I noticed with Herzlich is that he still is working his way back into football: he still is lacking that burst of someone who has been playing consistently for a while. However, I think that's a fitness issue and will be resolved once he's been back in football for a year or so. What stood out to me about Herzlich is that he's a sort of combination between Mayo and Spikes: he plays with a sort of "sixth-sense" like Spikes does (in other words, he's quite instinctive of a player), but he also takes the time to try and read what the offense is doing, much like Mayo does. Herzlich also is an EXCELLENT tackler: he has great wrap-up technique, but his hits also carry an extra "pop" that jars the ball-carrier. I didn't get the opportunity to see him in a pass-rush role quite often, but there were a couple plays where he showed a surprisingly decent repetoire of moves to get to the QB. He has a good step off the line in these situations, and I feel that he'll only get better as he gets more in shape. He's still not quite where he was in 2008, but if he can eventually get back to there, then he would be a HUGE pickup in rounds 2 or 3 (depending on how he grades out at the combine). If he's around from the mid-second round onward, I would personally have no reservations about picking him up. He's a great player, and I'm sure he would be a great locker room presence too. So there you have it. My $0.02 on those three. It's probably not the best analysis, but it's what I noticed on Saturday.
    Posted by TheCommittee

TC,
    Great stuff!

Will you be attending more games?  If so, I'd love to get a weekly update on here for both Castonzo and Herzlich.  My assumptions/posts seem to have been validated by your report on Herzlich.  He has that great natural ability (insincts, first step, physicality and ability to tackle) but is still working to get his body back into game shape.  They'll have to perform due diligence on his medicals but this certainly could represent the opportunity to buy low on a kid that was generally regarded as a top 10 talent following his 2008 season.  He's the kinda kid that I think they'll continue to target as they try to get back to the tough/blue collar mentality of the championshp years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Great stuff TC on the BC scouting report.  I think given Herzlich's medical history teams will be reluctant to spend a top pick.  We might be able to pick him up with a 3rd.  It was good to hear that Castonzo performed well against an elite edge rusher.  Obviously he has the size/measureable but one wonders how good he is since most of his games have been against weak competition. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED WITH MOCK V1*** : TC, Great stuff! Will you be attending more games?  If so, I'd love to get a weekly update on here for both Castonzo and Herzlich.  My assumptions/posts seem to have been validated by your report on Herzlich.  He has that great natural ability (insincts, first step, physicality and ability to tackle) but is still working to get his body back into game shape.  They'll have to perform due diligence on his medicals but this certainly could represent the opportunity to buy low on a kid that was generally regarded as a top 10 talent following his 2008 season.  He's the kinda kid that I think they'll continue to target as they try to get back to the tough/blue collar mentality of the championshp years.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Thanks for the kind words! Unfortunately I'll only be able to see one more game in person this season (at home against Virginia on the 20th). There's a chance I might get to see BC play Syracuse at Syracuse (since I'll be heading out that way to see family during Thanksgiving weekend), but I'm not quite sure how likely that is at this point. I should know by the Virginia game whether or not that will be the last one of the year. I'll definitely be following them throughout the season though, so I'll keep you all updated.

In regards to the rest of the draft, I haven't been able to read through the sea of pages in this thread yet, but hopefully I'll be able to at some point. These discussions here are beter than some sites dediacted to draft coverage!

Please forgive my ignorance if this question has already been discussed, but with the development of Deadrick and Brace, and with the impending return of Ty Warren next season, do you think that it's possible that BB doesn't select a line player with the Raiders pick? Is there a chance he uses it on a skill position player (particularly WR)? One could only imagine if AJ Green lined up opposite Tate...

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, because I'm more inclined to believe that BB will look to draft trench players (my guess is that Belichick goes DE with the Raiders pick, and then OT with the second first-rounder).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Yeah. NE has never really drafted a WR  that is that type. Although BB had never drafted lots of things before he did it.

If I'm thinking outside the box he makes sense. Like I said, he has great upside, and has the intangibles that BB looks for in any player (hard worker, solid character, commitment to details [blocking]).

Although based purely on WR he is third best in the draft IMO.

My question to all:

How much did Roy Helu help himself this season and last week. I thought of him as day two  ....  is he day one now? He is certainly a lot faster than BJGE in the open field... but I haven't seen him rush for any tough yardage...admittedly watching one to two Husker's contests a season hardly makes me a Helu guru!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

@ Faucet

Ouch! It is looking like you are right. The chances of that Oakland pick being top ten are growing dimmer, dimmer, dimmer... what a difference a non-dysfunctional QB makes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

@ Faucet Ouch! It is looking like you are right. The chances of that Oakland pick being top ten are growing dimmer, dimmer, dimmer... what a difference a non-dysfunctional QB makes.
    Posted by zbellino

Yes but that's okay.  Hopefully the chances that our 2nd pick will be #32 are improving each week.  A first round bye and home field has always been a recipe of our past successes. 

I'm actually growing more comfortable with the notion of Carimi or Castonzo with our OAK pick.  I do think BB likes to build from the trenches out and although he doesn't do it with high picks typically with the OL, this could be the year that changes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Faucet, one thing that makes me nervous is a couple of quotes about Carimi I have recently read in ProFootball Weekly:
    They indicated that Carimi struggles against Clayborn, bullied him into the backfield
    And against Heyward they said they counted Carimi on the ground 7 times.
    Not good signes to me.IMHO

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I'm looking at this team and wondering with all the injured players coming back and the rooks that are playing very well what will the need be next season and I keep coming back to the OL. 

I still don't see a 1st round type OT, just don't each has holes and last year which would had been a 1st round talent?  Here's my latest mock with the needs I see and some surprises.

1st Rnd
    14 (Oak) - Da'Quan Bowers OLB/DE 6'4" 275 a 280lbs guy that runs sub 4.7 well can't pass up IMO (maybe he's an Adalius Thomas that can actually play)
    32 - Brandon Harris CB 5'11" 195 solid CB, outside McCourty and Bodden who is third best?  Hopping for Butler to show up big 2nd half of the season but Harris could be another McCourty
    2nd Rnd
    35 (Car) - Stefen Wisniewski OC 6'3" 298 will need to add a few lbs but can do all the things the Pats like to do with their C.  
    64 - Lee Ziemba OT 6'8" 320 Anchors the Auburn OL, if he can start in 2011 twin giants at the T spots
    3rd Rnd
    73 (Min) - Bilal Powell RB 6'0" 215 - He could be a name to watch but probably will take a 2nd rounder when it's all said and done.
    96 - Matt Szcur WR/RB/KR 5'11" 195 can line up in as a RB or go wide as a WR.  A bigger Woody?
    4th Rnd
    101 (Denver) - John Moffitt OG/C 6'5" 320 very versatile OL who can play both G and C.  Plays with an attitude
    5th Rnd
    Cedric Thornton DE 6'4" 295 small school sleeper
    6th Rnd (dave thomas trade)
    6 Kris Adams WR 6'3" 195 player to develop, probably a PS for a year or two.  Needs to polish routes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Faucet, one thing that makes me nervous is a couple of quotes about Carimi I have recently read in ProFootball Weekly: They indicated that Carimi struggles against Clayborn, bullied him into the backfield And against Heyward they said they counted Carimi on the ground 7 times. Not good signes to me.IMHO
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

i watched both games. maybe i missed those instances that they talk about but overall carimi clearly had the upperhand  versus either de.

heyward  was practically reduced to nothing.

clayborn looked like he got away every now and then but carimi actually recovered nicely on those situations. clayborn did not get to the qb and carimi was not close to looking like he had to hold. his hips were pretty much always between clayborn and the qb.

does anyone have clayborn's stats that game? clayborn probably had his worst stats on that game

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i guess the stats don't support what i just said, moon.
    clayborn had 1 tackle for 14 yrd loss
    heyward had 4 tackles

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

I'm looking at this team and wondering with all the injured players coming back and the rooks that are playing very well what will the need be next season and I keep coming back to the OL.  I still don't see a 1st round type OT, just don't each has holes and last year which would had been a 1st round talent?  Here's my latest mock with the needs I see and some surprises. 1st Rnd 14 (Oak) - Da'Quan Bowers OLB/DE 6'4" 275 a 280lbs guy that runs sub 4.7 well can't pass up IMO (maybe he's an Adalius Thomas that can actually play) 32 - Brandon Harris CB 5'11" 195 solid CB, outside McCourty and Bodden who is third best?   Hopping for Butler to show up big 2nd half of the season but Harris could be another McCourty 2nd Rnd 35 (Car) - Stefen Wisniewski OC 6'3" 298 will need to add a few lbs but can do all the things the Pats like to do with their C.    64 - Lee Ziemba OT 6'8" 320 Anchors the Auburn OL, if he can start in 2011 twin giants at the T spots 3rd Rnd 73 (Min) - Bilal Powell RB 6'0" 215 - He could be a name to watch but probably will take a 2nd rounder when it's all said and done. 96 - Matt Szcur WR/RB/KR 5'11" 195 can line up in as a RB or go wide as a WR.   A bigger Woody? 4th Rnd 101 (Denver) - John Moffitt OG/C 6'5" 320 very versatile OL who can play both G and C.   Plays with an attitude 5th Rnd Cedric Thornton DE 6'4" 295 small school sleeper 6th Rnd (dave thomas trade) 6 Kris Adams WR 6'3" 195 player to develop, probably a PS for a year or two.  Needs to polish routes.
    Posted by Pats7393

This is one of the better mocks I've seen so far. Bowers and Harris are really, really good. I can't believe how little love Harris gets; any other year, he's a top ten pick. If I were him I'd stay another year, but from what I've read he's pretty much made up his mind to declare.

Like the OLs and RB, too. Good stuff all around.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeepguy2358. Show jeepguy2358's posts

Okay, I know this is a little early for this kid, but man would Marcus Lattimore look good in a Patriots uniform.  He is only a freshman this year and had 182 rushing yards against a top 25 Georgia defense.  Check out this video. This kid is a beast!!  I'll warn you.  If you are easily offended, turn the volume off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HeTQBMoSRI&feature=related

He will be the best running back in college football.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Lazarus, I caught that little "joke" on walterfootball also and I nearly did a spit take with a mouth full of coffee... It does seem at times like that is what he is trying to do to trade back enough that one day he will own that many picks! lol

As for who we take it is tried and true for me "in BB I trust" but I hope to see upgrades at RB, OLB/DE, OLine, and I still wouldn't mind another CB and Safety.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

If you had to choose between Stefen Wisniewski and Kris O'Dowd, who would choose and why?

Wisniewski- smart
     pedigree
     versatile
     no injury concerns
     mobile

O'Dowd- powerful
        injury problems
        mauler
        higher upside

I do not know what I would do, but for some reason, I feel as though Wisniewski would be a better fit. At the same time, O'Dowd is appealing since he could manhandle any NT in the league.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Right now,as I have said in an earlier post,I really like Bowers,who I see as teriffic and versitle fit and Carimi,who seems to be B.B.'s kind of OT,in the first.If the Pats draft very late(like last?)in the first Solder also appears to be a sound fit.In the second round,I would love to see Kerrigan slip to the very early second round,and if he does I'd give and take about 10 seconds to make him my pick and why everyone doesn't have Matthews(a big play guy with excellent fundamental skills and a good motor)climbing the draft ladder,I do not know.I like like Henry in round three,but someone could reach a little bit and take him as early as mid-second.If Powell is there on the Pats own third round pick I'd grab him almost as fast as would do with Kerrigan.Getting any three of these six would by outstanding and it wouldn't be surprise if a CB and WR be in the mix early.I would be very surprised if the Pats went RB real early unless someone just drops into their lap,and perhaps not even then.Then again,who knows what lurks in the deeper recesses of Belichick's mind in terms who he wants on his team,and that's just fine with me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

I don't know what to make out of Bowers. I don't know how he would fit our system. He seems to be the best fit for a 4-3 system where he plays left end.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

If you had to choose between Stefen Wisniewski and Kris O'Dowd, who would choose and why? Wisniewski- smart  pedigree  versatile  no injury concerns  mobile O'Dowd- powerful     injury problems     mauler     higher upside I do not know what I would do, but for some reason, I feel as though Wisniewski would be a better fit. At the same time, O'Dowd is appealing since he could manhandle any NT in the league.    
    Posted by Supernova13

Wisniewski all the way no questions asked, that center position is very important and this kid looks like he will be able to transition into the NFL.  I love his play sometimes his technic goes south but the tape I've seen he has all the tools.  Very strong background and seems to be a great person.  Extremely smart and has Gronks enthusiasms for football.

Type of guy other OL on that team grade themselves against.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

We'll be lucky if this oak pick is even in the teens.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I don't know what to make out of Bowers. I don't know how he would fit our system. He seems to be the best fit for a 4-3 system where he plays left end.
    Posted by KyleCleric2

I don't think he is a good fit at all. Still, he is a guy you need to follow because he has ramifications on other guys who NE could select.

Sections
Shortcuts