2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nbdev1234. Show nbdev1234's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK***

I'm a big NFL draft guy, too.

No way BB takes Kerrigan at #17.  For all you RK fans, don't hate me.  Like him, too - his effort and size are great.  Good pick at 32/33 or later.

And I think he'll be gone by #17 anyhow...but:

He's too slow in coverage, and he is mostly doing his damage on the right side of the OL.  He is mostly overpowering tackles with his push...he won't be big or strong enough in the NFL, at least not vs Left Tackles.  So he would move to the OLB, and he won't work in BB's 3-4, at least not at the #17 pick.

I'm just sayin...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK***:
    [QUOTE]I'm a big NFL draft guy, too. No way BB takes Kerrigan at #17.  For all you RK fans, don't hate me.  Like him, too - his effort and size are great.  Good pick at 32/33 or later. And I think he'll be gone by #17 anyhow...but: He's too slow in coverage, and he is mostly doing his damage on the right side of the OL.  He is mostly overpowering tackles with his push...he won't be big or strong enough in the NFL, at least not vs Left Tackles.  So he would move to the OLB, and he won't work in BB's 3-4, at least not at the #17 pick. I'm just sayin...
    Posted by nbdev1234[/QUOTE]

Not hating on you but not sure where you got you info on Kerrigan. From all reports he has multiple movements at the line and uses his hands to great effect. He also isn't overally fast but in the 4.8 range is fast enough to cover TE's and checkdowns (Cunningham has similiar speed). He's not known as a excellent pass rusher as some others but he is known as one of the best all around DE/OLB tweeners. He sets the edge very well in the run game and is very strong at POA. He is good at rushing the passer and has dropped back into coverage when Purdue was running 2-4-5 and 2-5-4 formations. As a DE you are right he wouldn't fit into our system but as a DE/OLB tweener he's a 3 down player that can stop the run, rush the passer, and drop into coverage. He's not the best in the draft at any one area but I would easily put him into the top 3 for best all around DE/OLB

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Hey fyyankees,

Love your handle by the way, interesting breakdown on needs.  The commentary left a lot to be desired.  I totally agree that QB hungry teams will reach, we see it every year.  For all the Cam Newton detractors, and I'm one of them, he will get loads of attention.  Heck, Carolina was so bad on offense, both passing and running that they might see Newton as the quickest fix.  Carolina was dead last in total offense, dead last in passing offense and 13th in rushing offense.  But the rushing offensive rank is a bit misleading.  Carolina rushed for 1,846 yards, just 200 yards better than 20th ranked Cleveland and 300 yards better than 26th ranked Denver.  With Luck staying in, CAR will either go Bowers, Fariley or a QB.  Since CAR doesn't pick again until 65, they have one shot at trying to fix their horrible O.

I would not rule out the kid from Nevada, Colin Kaepernick.  He could easily move up during the pre draft process and be in the top 16 discussion because you're right, there are more teams that need a QB than QB's available and that means Mallett, Newton, Gabbert, Luck and Kaepernick could all go before our 17 because if these teams think they can wait until the 2nd, they'll be out of luck.

For the sake of argument, let's say all 5 go.  Fairley, Peterson, Bowers, and Green are absolute locks to be gone before our 17.  I also find it IMPOSSIBLE to think at least one OT won't be taken.  That's 10 down with 6 to go.  I absolutely now believe Watt will be there at 17.  If Julio Jones is still there with Watt, it would be a really tough decision.  I think Jones is a top 8 talent most years and he would be such a huge upgrade over Tate opposite Branch.  I might be really tempted to take Jones at 17 then trade up a few spots from 32 if needed to get Watt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Not sure if its already common knowledge but seem M Floyd WR is returning to ND for next season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]how about packaging #32 and Merriweather to Houston for their #11 and taking Robert Quinn? Texans need a safety big time. would ya do it?
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]

No thank you. No interest.

You want to give up a starter and high draft pick for a guy that's never played a down of football in the NFL? Right now all he is is nothing more than potential with limited film because he's also a bone head.

...and the film that is out there on him is inconsistent.

Now he way turn out to be the greatest thing since LT but right now that's a gamble I would not be interested in enteratining.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK*** : Meriweather and our late 1st won't be enough to move to #11. Maybe to the mid to early 20's but not that high
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I disagree. I don't think there is a specific value you can put on a player in terms of points to move up. Value with a pick + player is in the eye of the beholder. There are several safety needy teams, Houston and Dallas being 2 of them, with the #11 and #9 picks respectively.
    I would call it a win/win if Houston or Dallas could walk out of round 1 with a "pro-bow" caliber safety and a 1st round draft pick and us with a #9 or #11 pick...wouldn't you?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Let me add to last post...not saying I have interest in Quinn, but I do possibly have interest in moving up if the right player is there.

I wouldn't do it for everyone, probably the only 2 players I would move that high for are Fairley and Dareus. And, I don't think even with the #9 or #11 pick they will be there, so if we are to move up, it's got to be in the top 3, which is a hefty price to pay..perhaps a bit too rich.

Other thought...If Carolina is a such a needy team, and Luck is not coming out, why not take their #1 pick in round 1, give them our 2 1st rounders and call it a day? i know the points don't work out, but if Luck is not there, Carolina could pick up another 1st and still probably get a decent QB at #17, while adding a WR at #32. Does this even make sense?

With that #1, there is only 1 name on my list and his name is Fairley.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Julio Jones is the type of WR that I would take @17.

When you watch his film, you see him going over the middle frequently. 

Listening to an interview tells me he's got his head screwed on straight.

Not likely to be a Prima Donna.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK*** : I disagree. I don't think there is a specific value you can put on a player in terms of points to move up. Value with a pick + player is in the eye of the beholder. There are several safety needy teams, Houston and Dallas being 2 of them, with the #11 and #9 picks respectively. I would call it a win/win if Houston or Dallas could walk out of round 1 with a "pro-bow" caliber safety and a 1st round draft pick and us with a #9 or #11 pick...wouldn't you?
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

I would say that Meriweather is worth nothing more then a 2nd round pick to a really desperate team and even that might if you get them drunk enough. Now that's hard to argue considering it's very rare that a 1st pick is traded for anyone in the secondary. Usually 1st round picks are only traded for QB's or people who are top 3 HoF caliber players and Meriweather is neither. So I'll overestimate him and say he's worth the #33 pick. Now the lowest possible pick we could have with ours is 30 (hopefully it would be #32) so the value of #30 is 620 and the value of #33 is 580 combined they are valued at 1200. The #11 pick is valued at 1250. Now that's if Meriweather is valued that high which going into the final year of his contract and not being a top 3 S in the league that is a big stretch. Now if you were to say the 17th and Meriweather for the #11th or 9th then I'd believe it.

And if you think you can get a 1st for Meriweather just remember KC traded a 2nd to get a starting QB who brought them to the playoffs and a starting LB at the time. Seymour was traded for a 1st 2 years after the trade and he's one of the best at his position. Boldin (which is closer to where I believe Meriweathers value truely is) didn't even earn a 2nd for his value. Then of course there was Brandon Marshall which Mia over paid for but only cost them a 2nd and a pick in 11'. Unless you think Meriweather is worth more to any team then any of those guys the value just doesn't add up.

To me there is no question if I'm Dal or Hou and really wanted to get a S you trade back to the mid 20's while picking up a 1st next year and maybe another extra pick this year or trade up from the second round and you draft Moore or McDaniel.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]Julio Jones is the type of WR that I would take @17. When you watch his film, you see him going over the middle frequently.  Listening to an interview tells me he's got his head screwed on straight. Not likely to be a Prima Donna.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely correct.  He's also very tough.  He broke a bone in his hand/wrist, had a plate and screws put in and was back for the next game.  Plus there is the Saban connection which is always valuable to Bill to get the real skinny on a player. 

We're coming off a 14-2 season and are considered the best team in football at this point.  We aren't drafting for need, we're drafting for depth and ways to improve on our current squad and yes, for the future as there are some players we know have a limited shelf life with us. 

Looking up and down the starting roster, look for players we can upgrade.  Tate as a WR is certainly one place.  Jones instead of Tate is a huge upgrade.  It is also smart planning.  Branch has 1 year left at $6MM and will be 32.  Whether he gets extended or not, he is a big injury risk.  Welker will be 30 and is also a free agent after 2011, so our two starters are not locks to stay with the team past next season.

I know about the OL issues.  Mankins should get tagged, that buys us a year.  A quality OG can be found in the 2-3 round.  Vollmer moves to LT and a quality RT can be found 2-3 round.  I still think Watt at 17 but if he's gone and Jones is there, Jones would be my pick.  I would then try to move up a few slots if needed for Wisniewski and take him back of the first because he replaces Mankins after 1 year and perhaps Koppen after 2012.  With 33 I move down and land a decent RT or DE to develop.  I'm not as passionate about upgrading OLB as most on here.  I've shown the history is it takes 3-4 years to develop a 34 OLB and they don't have to be first round picks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Not sure if its already common knowledge but seem M Floyd WR is returning to ND for next season.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

This is great news....to me as I'm also an Irish fan.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I would agree on Meriweather and his value. The point I was trying to make is that you can't really assign a number of points to him the same way you can to a draft position... but I guess you can only do so in a non scientific manner...meaning, Meriweathers value is debatable based on the team/need/perception as compared to the 32 pick in the draft which has a very concrete number assigned to it. Honestly, I don't know what people outside of NE think of him, I doubt they see him the same way we see him as fans.

I personally don't think he will be traded this offseason. Pats have him at a low salary going into the last year of his contract. They might just let him walk. I don't think they are going to resign him.

I don't see the Pats trading up major league in this draft. The only few I would go into the top 5 for are Fairely, Dareus, and Peterson. I just don't think BB makes a move that high given what it will cost. But each I think would really help this defense become elite. We migth see marginal trades up, but probably more aggressive trades down/out...in typical BB fashion.

Here's a question for MB and the group....Has anyone looked into the 2012 draft class to see who may be potential Patriots? Since we know BB's draft strategy is multi-dimensional/year, could we evaluate trades out/down this year while looking at who they may be targeting in the 2012 draft class?...just a thought...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK*** : I would say that Meriweather is worth nothing more then a 2nd round pick to a really desperate team and even that might if you get them drunk enough. Now that's hard to argue considering it's very rare that a 1st pick is traded for anyone in the secondary. Usually 1st round picks are only traded for QB's or people who are top 3 HoF caliber players and Meriweather is neither. So I'll overestimate him and say he's worth the #33 pick. Now the lowest possible pick we could have with ours is 30 (hopefully it would be #32) so the value of #30 is 620 and the value of #33 is 580 combined they are valued at 1200. The #11 pick is valued at 1250. Now that's if Meriweather is valued that high which going into the final year of his contract and not being a top 3 S in the league that is a big stretch. Now if you were to say the 17th and Meriweather for the #11th or 9th then I'd believe it.

And if you think you can get a 1st for Meriweather just remember KC traded a 2nd to get a starting QB who brought them to the playoffs and a starting LB at the time. Seymour was traded for a 1st 2 years after the trade and he's one of the best at his position. Boldin (which is closer to where I believe Meriweathers value truely is) didn't even earn a 2nd for his value. Then of course there was Brandon Marshall which Mia over paid for but only cost them a 2nd and a pick in 11'. Unless you think Meriweather is worth more to any team then any of those guys the value just doesn't add up.

To me there is no question if I'm Dal or Hou and really wanted to get a S you trade back to the mid 20's while picking up a 1st next year and maybe another extra pick this year or trade up from the second round and you draft Moore or McDaniel.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I am not going to argue for Meri garnering a 1st as I am not even arguing for trading him.

...but to play devils advocate you have to keep in mind the situation not just the talent/value of the players.

Cassel FranchiseTag too costly to keep, teams know you have to move him, also still people questioning if he was a one year wonder at the time.

Result - Trading position of strength weakened.

Boldin at am impasse with team and teams know he has to be moved. Disgruntled and wants shiny new costly contract.

Marshall at am impasse with team and teams know he has to be moved. Disgruntled and wants shiny new costly contract.

Meri trade I will make the favorable "assumption", for arguments sake, that the Pats are approached about him and not the other way around. Not sure what his contract situation is.

Result - If approached cold your bargaining position is a lot stronger, and stronger still is his contract is palatable and you are not actively shopping him.

In general I am opposed to trading a player(known commodity) for picks(potential) unless you've already determined you are having your hand some what forced  and going to move on from that player and better to get the value you can before your bargaining power lessens and get less.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In case it is not common knowledge. Justin Blackmon is staying in school also.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

At this way too early stage of draft talk is there anyone i am forgettting as "possible" players to go before pick #17?

QB (3-4) Gabbert, Newton, Locker, Mallet
    CB (2-3) Peterson, Amukamara
    WR (2) Green, Jones
    RB (1) Ingram
    OT (1-2) Solder, Sherrod, Costanzo, Carimi
    DE/DT (4) Fairley, Dareus, Paea, Clayborn, Jordan
    DE/OLB (3-4) Bowers, Quinn, Miller, Kerrigan, Ayers

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]I would agree on Meriweather and his value. The point I was trying to make is that you can't really assign a number of points to him the same way you can to a draft position... but I guess you can only do so in a non scientific manner...meaning, Meriweathers value is debatable based on the team/need/perception as compared to the 32 pick in the draft which has a very concrete number assigned to it. Honestly, I don't know what people outside of NE think of him, I doubt they see him the same way we see him as fans. I personally don't think he will be traded this offseason. Pats have him at a low salary going into the last year of his contract. They might just let him walk. I don't think they are going to resign him. I don't see the Pats trading up major league in this draft. The only few I would go into the top 5 for are Fairely, Dareus, and Peterson. I just don't think BB makes a move that high given what it will cost. But each I think would really help this defense become elite. We migth see marginal trades up, but probably more aggressive trades down/out...in typical BB fashion. Here's a question for MB and the group....Has anyone looked into the 2012 draft class to see who may be potential Patriots? Since we know BB's draft strategy is multi-dimensional/year, could we evaluate trades out/down this year while looking at who they may be targeting in the 2012 draft class?...just a thought...
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

While I don't think BB trades into a future draft to target a specific player, below are 4 kids that stick out as players I was impressed with this year. 

Trent Richardson (5-11 220) RB Alabama:  He's a think, powerful back that some would argue is a NFL prospect than Mark Ingram.  He's a violent runner that picks up a ton of yards after contact and can catch the football and is a player I really like. 

TJ Moe (6-0 200) WR Missouri:  Looks like a great fit for NE's passing offense as he's uses quickness and solid routs to create seperation in coverage, can find soft spots in zone and gets in sync with his QB and has solid hands.  He also has great production with 92-1045-6 in 2010.

Mani Te'O (6-2 245) ILB ND:  Great size, speed, motor and athleticism, he's also a very instinctive, identifies the play and closes quickly on the football, has good potential in coverage and could be a difference maker at the NFL level.

Shayne Skov (6-3 243) LB Stanford:  Versatile kid with good size, great toughness, intensity and motor and is an active player that flies around field and makes plays (10.5 TFL and 7 sacks in 2010).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK*** : This is great news....to me as I'm also an Irish fan.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Well, MB, temper your joy with the knowledge that TE Rudolph is gone.  Personally, I wanted Floyd gone so we had an additional player buffer in the draft before the Pats pick, as I believe he would have been a top 16 pick. 

Also, interesting dialogue/discussion above re Julio - your thoughts on him?  Also, I thought a while back zBall gave us a stirling evaluation re WR Jonathan Baldwin of Pitt and promised to deliver the goods on other blue chip WRs?  Pls call him out, MB.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]At this way too early stage of draft talk is there anyone i am forgettting as "possible" players to go before pick #17? QB (3-4) Gabbert, Newton, Locker, Mallet CB (2-3) Peterson, Amukamara WR (2) Green, Jones RB (1) Ingram OT (1-2) Solder, Sherrod, Costanzo, Carimi DE/DT (4) Fairley, Dareus, Paea, Clayborn, Jordan DE/OLB (3-4) Bowers, Quinn, Miller, Kerrigan, Ayers

You could probably add Allen Bailey, Brandon Harris and JJ Watt to the list of "possible" players.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK*** : While I don't think BB trades into a future draft to target a specific player, below are 4 kids that stick out as players I was impressed with this year.  Trent Richardson (5-11 220) RB Alabama :  He's a think, powerful back that some would argue is a NFL prospect than Mark Ingram.  He's a violent runner that picks up a ton of yards after contact and can catch the football and is a player I really like.  TJ Moe (6-0 200) WR Missouri :  Looks like a great fit for NE's passing offense as he's uses quickness and solid routs to create seperation in coverage, can find soft spots in zone and gets in sync with his QB and has solid hands.  He also has great production with 92-1045-6 in 2010. Mani Te'O (6-2 245) ILB ND:   Great size, speed, motor and athleticism, he's also a very instinctive, identifies the play and closes quickly on the football, has good potential in coverage and could be a difference maker at the NFL level. Shayne Skov (6-3 243) LB Stanford :  Versatile kid with good size, great toughness, intensity and motor and is an active player that flies around field and makes plays (10.5 TFL and 7 sacks in 2010).

With a straight face i can say it was my 1st time watching Auburn really play this year in the Championship and said to myself after seeing Dyer make a few runs early that I was yelling at the TV to stop throwing it and just run that kid.

I know he's a pup and it was one game and I have absolutely no idea what sort of season he had but he caught my eye from the moment he touched the ball.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK*** : Well, MB, temper your joy with the knowledge that TE Rudolph is gone.  Personally, I wanted Floyd gone so we had an additional player buffer in the draft before the Pats pick, as I believe he would have been a top 16 pick.  Also, interesting dialogue/discussion above re Julio - your thoughts on him?  Also, I thought a while back zBall gave us a stirling evaluation re WR Jonathan Baldwin of Pitt and promised to deliver the goods on other blue chip WRs?  Pls call him out, MB.
    Posted by fyyankees[/QUOTE]

Rudolph is a big loss, yes, but they won some big games w/o him and have a stud TE coming in this year.  I saw Floyd as more of a 2nd round kid in this class.

I've written about Julio multiple times, great size speed combo, productive against top competition, great RAC and big play ability, tough as nails, will play injured, will work the middle of the field, willing and good blocker, gives a great effort.  He's someone I project as a potential option for NE assuming he gets to 17.

I'm not in the business of calling cats out, there's still a ton of time before the draft and I'm sure ZB will provide some great info/insight before then. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Iern Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK***:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK*** : With a straight face i can say it was my 1st time watching Auburn really play this year in the Championship and said to myself after seeing Dyer make a few runs early that I was yelling at the TV to stop throwing it and just run that kid. I know he's a pup and it was one game and I have absolutely no idea what sort of season he had but he caught my eye from the moment he touched the ball.

Kid has a bright future after dominating the SEC (182-1095-5) as a true frosh.  He was a 5* prospect coming out of HS so the talent was there, but it's great to see it actually come to fruition. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK*** : You could probably add Allen Bailey, Brandon Harris and JJ Watt to the list of "possible" players.

You ultimately will probably be right as things will change so much by draft time but right now i have not seen any of those guys listed that high that's why I didn't add them.

Harris, maybe out of need, as there are a bunch of teams above us with CB needs, just like QB needs.

The QB's will be intersting because i think teams have themselves in a pickle. You have all those teams i listed earlier "possibly" in need of a QB. That's twice as many and people have projected as possible 1st rounders. Then you could add Seattle in that mix at 25 also. WIll some try and trade down to where they think the value is better suited for one of them? Will they take the one they like, early, out of fear he might not be there later or because they do not have the chips to play to get back into a round? I think it could be very interesting how that all plays out.

With all the WR's staying in school I certainly see Green and Jones going early if you need one for fear of either of them not being there later and a big drop off between them and the others coming out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK*** : Well, MB, temper your joy with the knowledge that TE Rudolph is gone.  Personally, I wanted Floyd gone so we had an additional player buffer in the draft before the Pats pick, as I believe he would have been a top 16 pick.  Also, interesting dialogue/discussion above re Julio - your thoughts on him?  Also, I thought a while back zBall gave us a stirling evaluation re WR Jonathan Baldwin of Pitt and promised to deliver the goods on other blue chip WRs?  Pls call him out, MB.
    Posted by fyyankees[/QUOTE]

You might be correct but it was very interesting to see all the tweets that occompanied the news about him staying saying that it was to be expected because he was NOT considered a 1st round pick.

Usual suspects represented. Wes Bunting, Draft Breakdown, Walter Fiootball, Draft Ace, that kid Zoebel or something, etc....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Kiper has a new big board out and for the 1st time this year Watt is on it... being thrown in all the way up @ #15...

Big Board Bar
    DT
    6-5

Analysis: Fairley simply dominated his final showcase game for scouts. A force all year while often not 100 percent, a perfect fit for a 4-3 interior. Last week: No. 2

DE
    6-4

Analysis: The most gifted pure pass-rusher on the Board, Bowers has followed through on his talent. An ideal 4-3 DE, but Bowers has a chance as a 3-4 edge. Last week: No. 1

WR
    6-4

Analysis: Allays any speed fears with improved route-running; and speed is fine. Green has worked hard to become a complete WR. Last week: No. 3

CB
    6-1

Analysis: An extraordinary athlete, Peterson doesn't just have safety size, he'd measure up to a lot of RBs. Great special teams returner as well. Last week: No. 4

DE
    6-3

Analysis: A solid penetrator; pass-rush skills trump run-stopping performance thus far, which is a reason I can see him becoming a solid 3-4 DE.Last week: No. 6

#top-bar{float:left;width:582px;height:19px;margin-bottom:10px;}.board-block{border:1px solid #e1e1e1;float:left;font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;height:56px;width:580px;margin-bottom:3px;}.board-block img{clear:none;float:left;margin:3px;}.board-block .player{padding: 11px;width:272px;text-align:left !important;}.board-block .player a{font-size:24px;font-weight:bold;}.board-block .pos{width:18px;}.board-block .height{width:30px;}.board-block .weight{width:41px;}.board-block .school{padding:0px !important;width:40px;}.board-block .school img{margin-left:14px;}.board-col{border-left:1px solid #e1e1e1;float:left;font-size:14px;padding:18px 10px;text-align:center;}.analysis{float:left;padding-left:5px;}

CB
    6-1

Analysis: Top marks for instincts, ball awareness and really good hands. It's as if he's running the WR's route sometimes. Ready to start. Last week: No. 5

DE
    6-4

Analysis: Great natural pass-rusher, solid athlete, serious motor. He'll be a little raw but should shine during the workout process. Last week: No. 7

QB
    6-5

Analysis: Strong arm, good mobility, prototype in terms of physical skills. The top QB on the Board minus Luck, but he will be under the microscope; volatile. Last week: No. 8

LB
    6-3

Analysis: Miller proved to scouts that he's more than a sack artist this season. He showed coverage skills to go along with known pass-rush production. Last week: No. 9

DE
    6-4

Analysis: Upside and fit a concern, production is not. Kerrigan led the nation with 26 tackles for loss and became impossible to block, even against double-teams. Last week: No. 10

WR
    6-4

Analysis: When healthy, Jones was dominant; when not, he was still good in 2010. Overcame drop issues, improved route-running showed off speed. Last week: No. 13

OLB
    6-4

Analysis: Exceptional athleticism makes him versatile, but his production has also been very good. Long, with ideal OLB build, skills for 3-4 at next level. Last week: No. 11

DE
    6-3

Analysis: Good size, capable of playing 3-4 DE. Good motor; batters offensive linemen. Needs to refine rush skills; down year for sacks but faced more attention. Last week: No. 15

QB
    6-6

Analysis: Great size and athleticism, but also underrated accuracy. Extends plays; good patience. Lacks experience and refinement aside from throwing motion. Last week: No. 12

DE
    6-6

Analysis: Watt should offer versatility, a fit in either a 3-4 or 4-3 scheme. Relentless worker, solid pass-rush skills. New on the Board. Last week: NR

DT
    6-1

Analysis: Lacks top-end size, but he's an explosive, up-the-field tackle with good pad level and leverage. Ideal three-technique, he plays with passion. Last week: No. 17

RB
    5-10

Analysis: Patient runner, knows how to set up and wait for blocks; big-time competitor; good burst but not top-end speed. Won't shy from contact. Last week: No. 23

OT
    6-9

Analysis: A physical specimen, has great length, ability to add bulk to chiseled frame. Will shine in workout phase and draft is short on elite offensive tackles. Last week: No. 18

OT
    6-7

Analysis: A solid year of tape, battling a number of high draft picks. Better footwork, added consistency. Excellent frame; could go LT or RT. Last week: No. 21

QB
    6-7

Analysis: Huge arm, can make all the throws. Improved check-down skills and awareness. Footwork needs a lot of work. Last week: No. 17

OT
    6-7

Analysis: Smart, reliable with solid footwork, but could add lower-body strength and overall bulk to improve leverage. Consistent worker; smart player. Last week: No. 22

C/G
    6-4

Analysis: Bloodlines are there, as is a comparable skill set to brother Maurkice. Versatile interior blocker; like brother, ready to help. Last week: No. 25

DE
    6-5

Analysis: On the Big Board most of the season, bounced back with dominant Sugar Bowl performance. Versatile, but ideal size to work as 3-4 DE. Deep DL class. Last week: NR

QB
    6-3

Analysis: Off-the-charts skill set and intangibles; solid character. Now begins a process to rebuild his profile for scouts. Last week: No. 24

OT
    6-2

Analysis: Can play either left tackle, or move inside to guard. Versatile, great athlete, good feet, good frame, and totally dominant at FBS level. Last week: NR

adsonar_placementId=1508063;adsonar_pid=2187775;adsonar_ps=-1;adsonar_zw=560;adsonar_zh=275;adsonar_jv='ads.espn.adsonar.com';<br />

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wazzu-wheatfarmer. Show Wazzu-wheatfarmer's posts

I've been watching some clips of Von Miller, and I'm starting to come around on this guy.  You won't find a pass rusher with a quicker first step.  He also looks like he could be effective in pass coverage.  I know that he is under-sized, but with Cunningham setting the edge on one side, I could see Miller being a nice compliment across from him. 

Sections
Shortcuts