2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK***

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK***:
    To piggy back on the DE discussion, I'd like to look at this from a different angle. Assuming the two players below are of equal size, speed and motor etc., which do you think BB would prefer and/or is the best fit for NE's scheme in Rd 1? Player 1:  Against the run:   Strong at the POA, with the power to anchor against the double.  Good lateral agility with the ability to stack, shed and/or split in order to make a play on the ball carrier.  An above average to good run defender.   Against the pass:   Shows some ability to get after the QB but is raw in his techinque and will need some refinement to improve in that area.  A WIP. Player 2: Against the run:   Flashes some ability, but does not maintain consistent leverage and will loose some ground vs. the double.  Show's some awareness but can be mirrored off or overwhelmed in the run game. Against the pass:   Shows a solid array of pass moves with the ability to consistently beat his man and make plays behind the LOS.  Looks to have above average to good potential as a pass rusher. Essentially a strong run defender that needs to refine his pass-rush skills  OR a so-so run defender with good pass-rush skills.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

I'd take player #1 beacuse the DE position is mostly used to occupy blockers and stop the run where as the OLB position does the primary pass rush.  If a DE can hold a double and stop a RB  it opens up the OLB to rush the passer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mock thoughts: Jordan & Smith

February, 23, 2011 By Mike Reiss

Don Banks of SI.com offers up his second mock draft -- a pre-combine version -- and there are two changes for the Patriots. Banks has the team selecting Cal defensive end Cameron Jordan at No. 17 and Maryland receiver Torrey Smith at No. 28.

On Jordan, Banks writes of how he "played in a 3-4 at Cal and has some pass rush juice while also holding up nicely against the run." On Smith, Banks notes that "given their need for a vertical threat in the post-Randy Moss era, a speedster like Smith is a tantalizing option."

In his first mock draft, Banks had the Patriots going with Wisconsin defensive lineman J.J. Watt at No. 17 and Georgia outside linebacker Justin Houston at No. 28. This time around, Watt is off the board (No. 8, Titans), and Houston slides out of the first round.

ANALYSIS: Jordan looks like a great fit for the Patriots as a long-term answer at right defensive end. He could potentially also stay on the field in passing situations, rushing from an interior position. In this scenario, I think a better fit for the Patriots at No. 28 would be Florida center/guard Mike Pouncey, who would be a safer pick and would contribute to an overall approach of getting stronger at the line of scrimmage while addressing a significant need. The Patriots still have young receivers in Brandon Tate and Taylor Price who can help them next season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK***:
    In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : So, if you wouldn't move up for Watt and possibly would for Petersen to 13/14, who else would you move up a couple of spots for? I'm with you on not moving up for an DE to OLB convert. But Watt like some of the other DE's in the draft are 3-4/4-3 DE ready. How long do you wait to draft a DE or do you draft one at all?
    Posted by PatsLifer

Green

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Crazy idea!!!!!!!! ____________________________________________________________________ NEPatriotsDraft NE Patriots Draft According to Mel Kiper - the Patriots are very interested in moving up for AJ Green
    Posted by Rocky

sounds crazy to me. yeah he's great. but if we're going up that far, get dareus.
    half that far quinn.

the team will be a lot better.

defense and o line befoe skill players

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : No I would not trade up to get JJ Watt. So no my thoughts on trading up to get a DE or OLB have not changed. If Peterson falls, in some outlandish way, to 13 or 14 then yeah I might change my mind. Why doesn't some reporter get their hands on some Wisconsin players and ask who wins the one on one battles between Carimi and Watt in practice?? Seriously!  You know it happens. Or was Watt ever able to anchor against a Watt - Moffit double team in practice? These are basic questions I would be asking and wanting to know at a very minimum. The more i have watched and look and analyzed the VERY little game film on WATT the more i feel like I need to know more. Mostly all the highlights show him always rushing, always penetrating. How would he fit in NE system? More importantly where are the "highlights" vs Iowa in 2009 when he had to face either Bulaga or Calloway? What big time OT has he faced and how did he fare? When you watch highlight clips you absolutely have to watch who the player is facing. I love his flash and athleticism and even love that he was that emotionally invested in the bowl game to breakdown and cry. ...but 2 years experience and trading up, in the 1st round, in a draft full of talent at his same position? I think I would be surprised if BB and the Pats did that based on their track record of preferring 4 yr letter players. Seymour, Warren, Green, Brace as examples were all four year players.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

low,
     thanks for weighing in. (only moving up for peterson, "If Peterson falls, in some outlandish way, to 13 or 14 then yeah I might change my mind. ")
      good questions on watt.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

My final pre-combine group of players that many seem to appreciate on here, including myself.

The draft slot in the 1st three rounds is less relevent than the players themselves as you could kind of make 2 groups of players (17,28,33) & (60,74,92).

17 - Cameon Jordan / Cameron Heyward / JJ Watt
    28 - Ryan Kerrigan / Justin Houston / Gabe Carimi

33 - Mike Pouncey / Ben Ijalana / Muhammad Wilkerson
    60 - Danny Watkins / Aaron Williams / Davon House

74 - John Moffit / Brooks Reed / Sam Acho
    92 - Kendall Hunter / Delone Carter / Daniel Thomas

124 - Jeremy Beal / Jarvis Jenkins / Lee Smith / Clint Bowling

156 - Greg McElroy / Owen Marecic / Greg Little

184 - Steve Friday / Jeremy Kerley / Chris Mathews

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

all those thinking of trading up...

the next time the players play a real game, there will be a rookie cap.
    that means the salary cost on the top picks will be lower vs in previous years, making those top picks more attractive
    that means the value charts will change - i.e., the valuation will skew even more in favor of the top picks -- /> vs previous years you would have to pay more low picks to move up the same number of picks
    i doubt that bb will overpay with his picks to get that one person who is "guaranteed" to be the "beast" of the draft. he may move one or two slots up, but what does that really do?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

My final pre-combine group of players that many seem to appreciate on here, including myself. The draft slot in the 1st three rounds is less relevent than the players themselves as you could kind of make 2 groups of players (17,28,33) & (60,74,92). 17 - Cameon Jordan / Cameron Heyward / JJ Watt 28 - Ryan Kerrigan / Justin Houston / Gabe Carimi 33 - Mike Pouncey / Ben Ijalana / Muhammad Wilkerson 60 - Danny Watkins / Aaron Williams / Davon House 74 - John Moffit / Brooks Reed / Sam Acho 92 - Kendall Hunter / Delone Carter / Daniel Thomas 124 - Jeremy Beal / Jarvis Jenkins / Lee Smith / Clint Bowling 156 - Greg McElroy / Owen Marecic / Greg Little 184 - Steve Friday / Jeremy Kerley / Chris Mathews
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

You're killing me with no Cobb on this list, but I'd go with this:

17 - JJ Watt
    28 - Gabe Carimi
    33 - Mike Pouncey
    60 - Aaron Williams
    74 - Brooks Reed
    92 - Kendall Hunter
    124 - Jarvis Jenkins
    156 - Owen Marecic
    184 - Jeremy Kerley

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : If you have links for Clayborn's work ethic, please share. He forgo millions of dollars and went back to school.  He has been the leader for a stingy Iowa defense. TB
    Posted by TrustBill

Intangibles: Unquestioned emotional leader of the Iowa defense on and off the field. Named a permanent team captain and praised by coaches for his character and work ethic. Teams will check out nerves in his right arm and neck to ensure the Erb's Palsy he suffered at birth is a non-issue. Charged with assaulting an Iowa City taxi driver in January 2009 after reportedly confronting a taxi driver who honked his horn in a traffic jam. Pled guilty to misdemeanor disorderly conduct in March 2010, but was not suspended by Iowa coaches because they felt the situation required only minor internal penalties.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : Thanks Buddy!  We still need to come up with a pre-draft double or nothing bet!
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Hmmm.  We'll come up with something before the draft that we adamantly disagree about.  Haven't found too much to argue with you about except for taking Rudolph but I don't think you'd take that bet.

I'm thinking DL or OL with the first pick, whenever that pick happens.  Tyron Smith is my new favorite at 17 if Watt isn't there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : Hmmm.  We'll come up with something before the draft that we adamantly disagree about.  Haven't found too much to argue with you about except for taking Rudolph but I don't think you'd take that bet. I'm thinking DL or OL with the first pick, whenever that pick happens.  Tyron Smith is my new favorite at 17 if Watt isn't there.
    Posted by Faucetman

That's a bet I'll have to consider.

I'm in the minority (basically the only one) on Rudolph, but I think he makes a ton of sense for them.  Sure Crump is signed through next year and has been a good tutor to the young TE's, but he's not getting any younger and is becoming more of a one-dimensional player (be it an excellent blocker).  If they decide to keep 4 TE's, there's room for it, IMO.  I mean, you already tie up roster spots for Slater and White that do nothing but play ST as well as players like Thomas Clayton that will likely never see the field.  All I'm saying is there is room to carry an extra TE for the short term if they wanted to go that route.

Kyle is a dynamic 2-way player (one of the better overall players in this class) that provides value to them as both an in-line blocker and versatile receiver that can line up all over the field (inline, out wide, in the slot etc).  Can you imagine the kind of flexibility they'd have rolling out a 2 TE set with Gronk and Rudolph?  Who's gonna match up against these guys?  Throw in the versatility of Hernandez and you pose matchup problems all over the field. 

Will BB go this route?  Who knows, but IMO, it's certainly not out of the question.

I'm interested to see Smith's measurables at the combine.  If he's close to or above 300, I think he's in the discussion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrustBill. Show TrustBill's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : See post right above yours from an avid fan who questions his conditioning which is work ethic which are also the wrods that you can find if you read a numberof different scouting reports on him. The Huddle Report contends the following reasoning... "In Adrian's junior year he was in a defense that used his quickness and attacking attitude to become one of the more disruptive players in all of college.  He reminded me a lot at the time of Charles Haley (former DE/OLB Cowboys & 49ers).  Adrian, in his junior year, was quick, strong, powerful, instinctive and a disruptive force that had to be accounted for on every play.  You never knew where he was going to line up.  He did the job that Clay Mathews does now for the Green Bay Packers.  Then Iowa had to go to a different style of defense to protect its young linebackers.  Now Adrian looks like he gained weight, and is playing more of a pure two gap DE position.  This is not his strength." This is why I laugh when people say this or that player can just add 10-15+ pounds in the pros. Not everyone handles it well and it changes the player.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

Interesting info.  Maybe he should lose the 10 pounds and return to the form of Charles Haley.  He was a monster in the Orange Bowl against Georgia Tech.

TB

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : That's a bet I'll have to consider. I'm in the minority (basically the only one) on Rudolph, but I think he makes a ton of sense for them.  Sure Crump is signed through next year and has been a good tutor to the young TE's, but he's not getting any younger and is becoming more of a one-dimensional player (be it an excellent blocker).  If they decide to keep 4 TE's, there's room for it, IMO.  I mean, you already tie up roster spots for Slater and White that do nothing but play ST as well as players like Thomas Clayton that will likely never see the field.  All I'm saying is there is room to carry an extra TE for the short term if they wanted to go that route. Kyle is a dynamic 2-way player (one of the better overall players in this class) that provides value to them as both an in-line blocker and versatile receiver that can line up all over the field (inline, out wide, in the slot etc).  Can you imagine the kind of flexibility they'd have rolling out a 2 TE set with Gronk and Rudolph?  Who's gonna match up against these guys?  Throw in the versatility of Hernandez and you pose matchup problems all over the field.  Will BB go this route?  Who knows, but IMO, it's certainly not out of the question. I'm interested to see Smith's measurables at the combine.  If he's close to or above 300, I think he's in the discussion.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

For the record, I was with you on Rudolph at the right spot of course. I think we can carry 4 TE's, especially if 1 of them is more or less a WR anyway. I think Rudolph is a mid 2nd rounder at this point, but would like to know if that is the case. I've seen him mocked anywhere from 38-50, but he should be the first TE off the board, so perhaps he is closer to 33 or top of 2nd rather than middle.

I would bit on smith at 17 if like you said he comes in at over 300. However, if he or Watt were there both at 17, I would go Watt, and pick up an OT later.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : You're killing me with no Cobb on this list, but I'd go with this: 17 - JJ Watt 28 - Gabe Carimi 33 - Mike Pouncey 60 - Aaron Williams 74 - Brooks Reed 92 - Kendall Hunter 124 - Jarvis Jenkins 156 - Owen Marecic 184 - Jeremy Kerley
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

I like some of the WR's like Cobb.

I just couldn't see where to put them. If I'm drafting Cobb or another WR its as a replacement for Branch. At least that's how I would view it from NE's perspective.

I guess you could add one as a replacement for Slater but then you have to have one of those guys in the draft be able to fill Slaters special teams duties as effectively. ...between the full house at WR and Hernandez's WR like receiving skills I just couldn't see it early.?

Is that your thought? To replace Branch or Slater?

That's why I really only had two WR's listed at all. I actually believe in the young kids they have. The 2 WR's I listed are big freakish kind of athletes so they offer something different then what's on the roster.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Ok, since everyone is doing it, I'll post my last pre-combine mock...

17 - JJ Watt
    28 - Derek Sherrod
    33 - Rahim Moore
    60 -Brooks Reed
    74 - Danny Watkins
    92 - Jaabal Sheard
    124 - Austin Pettis 
    156 - Davon House 
    184 - Bilal Powell

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : i think thats a pretty sound draft. My only concern would be that we would problably need to add a pass rusher in f/a in order for us to solidify that area. I like brooks reed, but i think talent-wise we are in the lower half of the nfl in terms of pass rushers, and i dont think brooks reed is enough of an upgrade if we wanna be in the super bowl next season. Plus i dont think pouncey will fall to the 60th pick. hes a 1st round player
    Posted by Patsfan24-7

He took Pouncey with 33 and you could go after Wimbley but i am still unclear if he was good at olb or better back as a 4-3 DE.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Ok, since everyone is doing it, I'll post my last pre-combine mock... 17 - JJ Watt 28 - Derek Sherrod 33 - Rahim Moore 60 -Brooks Reed 74 - Danny Watkins 92 - Jaabal Sheard 124 - Austin Pettis  156 - Davon House  184 - Bilal Powell
    Posted by PatsLifer

only comment for me would be i would rather go after any one of the three(weddle, manning, huff) top FA safeties this year over drafting moore there.

With a 1st a top 2nd and a solid Sanders already atop the 1,2,3 safety spot what's the reasoning with Moore? Replacing Meri?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : That's a bet I'll have to consider. I'm in the minority (basically the only one) on Rudolph, but I think he makes a ton of sense for them.  Sure Crump is signed through next year and has been a good tutor to the young TE's, but he's not getting any younger and is becoming more of a one-dimensional player (be it an excellent blocker).  If they decide to keep 4 TE's, there's room for it, IMO.  I mean, you already tie up roster spots for Slater and White that do nothing but play ST as well as players like Thomas Clayton that will likely never see the field.  All I'm saying is there is room to carry an extra TE for the short term if they wanted to go that route. Kyle is a dynamic 2-way player (one of the better overall players in this class) that provides value to them as both an in-line blocker and versatile receiver that can line up all over the field (inline, out wide, in the slot etc).  Can you imagine the kind of flexibility they'd have rolling out a 2 TE set with Gronk and Rudolph?  Who's gonna match up against these guys?  Throw in the versatility of Hernandez and you pose matchup problems all over the field.  Will BB go this route?  Who knows, but IMO, it's certainly not out of the question. I'm interested to see Smith's measurables at the combine.  If he's close to or above 300, I think he's in the discussion.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

If rosters expand he makes sense but I don't think we'd carry 4 TEs on the active roster.  I say let Crump have one last shot at a SB and stay with the guys we have.  So, if you want to have a bet about this, I'd consider it.

Looking at teams needing TEs, they are mostly bunched at the top.  CAR, DEN, BUF, ARI.  Then you have HOU, STL, JAX (they have a great #1), KC and ATL.  If Rudolph slips out of the first round with neither KC (21) or ATL (27) taking him we should be able to let him slide to 33.  But again, I think we have bigger needs and if we wanted to address TE why not later on?

As for Tyron Smith.  Even if he's 296, where he is listed today, I think he's worth pick 17.  He just turned 20 in December.  I was done growing upward at 20 but still had some filling out to do.  (I trying to reverse some of that filling out now).  I've been researching him lately and watching some tape.  He plays with a real mean streak especially in the run game.  He looks fast on tape with quick feet.  In a perfect world we'd keep Light for a year and give this kid a year to learn and bulk up then turn him loose in 2012 but he could probably start now.  At least he has the speed and quickness to stay with the faster edge rushers.  The way we've been famous for coaching up OLs, this kid would be putty and should go on to be a multiple All Pro.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Posted by mbeaulieu07

mb,
     i think i went with you on rudolph, at least halfway. i saw the use of him and bought the persuasive original case you made. however how early do you have to take him?  i dont want to lose out on the top olb, de t, g of my plans. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : I kinda like the idea of getting Kyle Rudolph as well... while a lot of people think that the nfl is turning into a "spread  league" a "passing league" i actualy think its turning into a multiple formation type of league. The more multiple an offense is, the harder it is to stop. I think the patriots dominated games this year not necessarily on talent, but great use of their personel in multiple formations, and at the root of all this were the 3 tight ends. Now if you add Kyle Rudolph to the mix, i think we can be extremely multiple, and we use 1 of the 4 tight ends as a full-back at times as well. Having multiple tight ends on the field also helps  with pass rushers which makes pass rushers have to work really hard to get to the quarterback with tight ends being able to stay in and help the tackle, chip block ect.. Im not as concerned about our offensive line as most people are, part of the reason is because with our tight ends we have so much formation flexibility, if mankins comes back, and we sign matt light to a 1 year deal, i think we should be fine, especialy if we add someone like kyle rudolph into the mix.
    Posted by Patsfan24-7

patsfan, 
       our offense could do a much better job if the te's didnt have to stay in all the time against the better pass rushing teams. cant use the weapons if theyre tied up blocking so we can get a play off.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Critter23. Show Critter23's posts

Dear Pats24:  You have made your point a few times.  I think at some point Beau said "We'll see how he turns out," or something like that.  I don't think you're going to change his mind.  At times like this the usual deal is "We agree to disagree, so let's move on."  Can we all just wait now to see how he works out--it's getting a little stale.  Thanks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : If rosters expand he makes sense but I don't think we'd carry 4 TEs on the active roster.  I say let Crump have one last shot at a SB and stay with the guys we have.  So, if you want to have a bet about this, I'd consider it. Looking at teams needing TEs, they are mostly bunched at the top.  CAR, DEN, BUF, ARI.  Then you have HOU, STL, JAX (they have a great #1), KC and ATL.  If Rudolph slips out of the first round with neither KC (21) or ATL (27) taking him we should be able to let him slide to 33.  But again, I think we have bigger needs and if we wanted to address TE why not later on? As for Tyron Smith.  Even if he's 296, where he is listed today, I think he's worth pick 17.  He just turned 20 in December.  I was done growing upward at 20 but still had some filling out to do.  (I trying to reverse some of that filling out now).  I've been researching him lately and watching some tape.  He plays with a real mean streak especially in the run game.  He looks fast on tape with quick feet.  In a perfect world we'd keep Light for a year and give this kid a year to learn and bulk up then turn him loose in 2012 but he could probably start now.  At least he has the speed and quickness to stay with the faster edge rushers.  The way we've been famous for coaching up OLs, this kid would be putty and should go on to be a multiple All Pro.
    Posted by Faucetman

faucet,
    i do think tyron smith could be an all pro left tackle in the making. 
    dont like that we would have to take him at 17. i think the defense is a little more important this year (want a super bowl next year for a shot at 2 before brady and bb who knows, aren't around); however if we could get our stud de and olb and pickup an excellent guard, then for sure.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : i disagree. of course in a perfect world, we would send those tight ends up the field all the time, but they also add a ton of value as pass blockers, especialy with crumpler and gronkowski. I dont like the idea of having brady step back and throw the ball 35 times a game without giving him some max protections about 35% of the time. If we can stop someones best pass rusher with 1 one our tight ends then i think we will have the advantage. Clay Mathews didnt really have an impact against us this past season, mostly because of the help Gronkowski and Crumpler gave the tackles on the edge. I dont mind the idea of keepin tight ends in to block if we can neutralize the other teams best defensive player.
    Posted by Patsfan24-7

thanks patsfan,
    i'm not againstusing tight ends to block, i just noticed where they had to block often instead of having the linemen who can protect so they can use their offensive abilities. jsut think what we could do if they didn't HAVE TO block (as frequently in passing plays). who you gonna cover with welker, branch, gronk and hernadez if our line can do the job on passing plays long enoug for brady to do damage frequently on the better pass rush teams. we could make them pay for their rush. Ie even teams who rush 3 and 4 had easy games of it getting to brady. so give me 4 good liineman. ie improve 2 spots to start.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriot-fan-74. Show patriot-fan-74's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : You're killing me with no Cobb on this list, but I'd go with this: 17 - JJ Watt 28 - Gabe Carimi 33 - Mike Pouncey 60 - Aaron Williams 74 - Brooks Reed 92 - Kendall Hunter 124 - Jarvis Jenkins 156 - Owen Marecic 184 - Jeremy Kerley
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Your list looks very solid to me. I would love this draft although I to love Cobb. You guys do a tremendous job on here with your ideas and various viewpoints. Keep up the good work.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

reading all the posts has made me think about the drafting of another large ..slower d-lineman to "set the edge and stand there waiting for the run to come to them...That has worked out really well and has made a number of QB's almost hall of famers...Not like we dont have enough of that type of players,,,SEE D-Line names   height and weights.....Seems to be working perfectly for the playoff caliber teams...  Maybe a little tweeking of mindsets and draft players with speed...or quickness and be aggressive....its a passing league and unless the passive aggressive defense doesnt change, the offense will have to continue to average 31 pts a game for pats to win....Cmon BB....replace koppen....neal...(maybe mankins) after you fix..the D-line and outside LB positions....with fast explosive players...leave the large bodies out of this one...

Sections
Shortcuts