2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK***

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK***:
    [QUOTE]I just dont see the fascination with Watt. Atleast not for N.E..  He is like 275, and I cant remember B.B. getting any D-lineman less than 300 , except for that short dude who was 290,(his pops played for the Jets) Back to my earlier point of pass rush.  We generally have our D-lineman 2 gap, and get rush from our backers.  Even if you take Watt at 17, he is undersized and look at Chris Long.  A high pick who went to the right team and got 9 sacks in his 1st 2 years, and only in his 3rd year he got 8 sacks....So I dont see why people think he is a fit, and if so, would he play all 3 downs, and if not why use #17 on a part time player?  I think he will go with a bigger body, lesser name guy...but we shall see.  I just dont see these faster guys as typical Pats players they usually get.  We need OLB's that can rush the passer.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

JS,
    Watt weighed in at 290, which is still a questionable weight for a BB 34 end so I don't disagree with your overall point, but he's a lot bigger than 275.  To me, Watt's weight is the question mark however his skill set translates well to NE's scheme.  Great motor, scheme versatility, strong at the POA, can handle the double, stack and shed and has the burst, quicks and skill set needed to be disruptive behind the LOS.

I'm not sure Chris Long is a good comparison as Long was 6-3 272 (2 inches and almost 20 pounds smaller) at the 2008 combine and projected as 43 DE or undersized 43 DT.  He might have received some consideration as a 34 OLB, but not a 34 DE, atleast not in BB's scheme. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK***:
    [QUOTE]I was going off his weight of 275. I didnt know he gained weight.  It still doenst change the fact that I dont think he is a good fit for our system, and secondly if he IS that good why would he last until #17 I guess as times goes by I am trying to guage who are real possibiliies, not the flava of the month, or the guy that everyone likes...Lets talk real possible candidates to be drafted here.  Thats all Im saying.  Unless someone thinks we would use 2 1st rounders to move up to get him ,its a mute point , no?

How is he not a good fit for NE's scheme?  What about his game leads you to think that he could not succeed here in Foxboro?

You're talking too much certainty for an uncertain process (the draft).  There is no gaurantee that the kid goes before 17, nor is he the flavor of the month so we are talking real possible candidates. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Well Like I said...if he can fit our defense fine, but I think he is ideally suited for the 4-3 and I feel if he can do all the things people say he can do, and they way he lit up the combine...Why would he last until 17?  Seymour was snagged at what #10, and that was a similar draft with multiple DE's being mentioned early.  Defensive Ends with high motors that can play the 3-4,. rush the passer, play behind the line of scrimmage, etc. dont usually get out of the top 10, let alone 15...so lets be realistic and look at who Would be there, not the Supposed 2nd best lineman in the draft...in other words...lets stop dreaming...

If you wanna sell me on him being that great, then you also prove my point that he is too good to drop that far...so which is it...is he not that good, or is he gonna be gone

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]I was going off his weight of 275. I didnt know he gained weight.  It still doenst change the fact that I dont think he is a good fit for our system, and secondly if he IS that good why would he last until #17 I guess as times goes by I am trying to guage who are real possibiliies, not the flava of the month, or the guy that everyone likes...Lets talk real possible candidates to be drafted here.  Thats all Im saying.  Unless someone thinks we would use 2 1st rounders to move up to get him ,its a mute point , no?

I still have zero clue where you got 275. He hasn't weighted that for years now. You can check espn, walterfootball, cbs, and his schools own site. He's been 290 all year which in comparison Seymour held weight between 290-300 during his last college year and weighted in at 299 at his combine so he might be on the smaller end but he's can also put on another 10lbs.

He's projected to go from 10-20 range which looking at the other DE's in that range and the teams that need a 3-4 DE or 4-3 DT from 10-17 there is a very real possibility he falls to 17. He's also been considered a top 25 player since September so he's far from a flavor of the month. You can go back to the beginning of the thread and find his named mentioned but since we thought the Oak pick was going to much higher he was a keep your eye on mention.

But since you don't believe you can get any players that good at 17 since no good player ever falls to 17 who do you suggest we talk about?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

And im not trying to ruin anyones mock draft or who they think are coming, and I couldnt say myself for sure who they would get, but things should be a little more clearer after the combine and he seemed to make a better case as to being drafted high and so far as the 2 draft picks to move up, I actually heard that you from you MB that it would take 2 1st rounders to move up, when we were talking about Miller. If all things were equal, I think a DE goes before a backer..just my opinion like I said...we can agree to disagree on that certain player,..  but you probably know more about the college players than I , which is why I would think you could see the point I was trying to make.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I may have confused him with the weight of another player....My bad. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]And im not trying to ruin anyones mock draft or who they think are coming, and I couldnt say myself for sure who they would get, but things should be a little more clearer after the combine and he seemed to make a better case as to being drafted high and so far as the 2 draft picks to move up, I actually heard that you from you MB that it would take 2 1st rounders to move up, when we were talking about Miller. If all things were equal, I think a DE goes before a backer..just my opinion like I said...we can agree to disagree on that certain player,..  but you probably know more about the college players than I , which is why I would think you could see the point I was trying to make.

I'm not piling on you, but there is no reason to believe Watt couldnt be there at 17. In regards to what you said about DE going before a LB(all things equal), lets look at last year's draft in round 1 as a comparison

LB's drafted in 2010 / draft position
    1. Rolando McClain (8)
    2. Brandan Graham (13)
    3. Sean Weatherspoon (19)
    4. Jerry Hughes (31)

DE's drafted in 2010/draft position
    1. Tyson Alualu (10)
    2. Jason Pierre Paul (15)
    3. Derrick Morgan (16)

I would also argue that this years draft class is deeper at DE/DT, which might cause teams to wait until rounds 2-4 to draft, and draft other positions of need where it's not as deep. Couple this with the labor uncertainty and FA, and I think we have a dynamic draft.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

MB/Faucetman, thnx for your continued input with the retirement of Stephan Neal today,it tells me that as a fan of the draft and the work BB does before,during and after that the Patriots will be looking at at least drafting 3 Olinemen. Also as I drive longhaul trucks I don't have the available time to research who would be the better choice between Acho and Reed but I like them both though I lean a little more towards Acho his draft spot is probably a higher pick but you can never tell how the draft will play out.... Thnx again for all of you guys spending as much time as you have in spreading the knowledge...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Jay I understand the confusion but what MB meant by having to trade up to get Miller is that Miller is considered the top LB in the draft and will most likely be a top 7 pick this year. To move from 17 to 7 or lower will take both 1st's. Now that saying Miller still won't go before a DE. Dareus and either Bowers or Fairley will go before Miller. Maybe all 3.

Actually as far as DL or LB's goes the one's that will definitely go before Watt are Dareus, Fairley, Bowers, Miller, Quinn. Those who will most likely go before or just after Watt are Jordan, Kerrigan, Smith so it's not like most of us think that Watt is the best DE in the draft, far from it but he is still a very good to great DE that would easily be a top 15 if not for the overwhelming talent in this years front 7 (how often is it that you can say that 50% of the top 20 picks could go front 7). But, since he's one of the best in a position of need that could fall into our range that's why we are focusing in on him. If Oak's pick was a top ten all talk would be centered around Quinn, Miller, Fairley, and Bowers but since it isn't Watt is one of the players that fit BB's system, is considered an impact player, and fills a need.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]Well Like I said...if he can fit our defense fine, but I think he is ideally suited for the 4-3 and I feel if he can do all the things people say he can do, and they way he lit up the combine...Why would he last until 17?  Seymour was snagged at what #10, and that was a similar draft with multiple DE's being mentioned early.  Defensive Ends with high motors that can play the 3-4,. rush the passer, play behind the line of scrimmage, etc. dont usually get out of the top 10, let alone 15...so lets be realistic and look at who Would be there, not the Supposed 2nd best lineman in the draft...in other words...lets stop dreaming... If you wanna sell me on him being that great, then you also prove my point that he is too good to drop that far...so which is it...is he not that good, or is he gonna be gone

Good sir please take a moment to look up some data. First I realise that there is misinformation everywhere. Trying to find accurate data is not always easy. I understand also it is easy to look across a column of players and grab the wrong info.

That being said, most of us regulars here have discussed this topic many times over, covering NE preferences for positions, heights, weights, etc. Even just reading this thread from some pages back would clearly explain JJ's height and weight. Any concerns, etc about all of our opinions. 275 and 290(combine)/ 292 (stated Wis. playing weight) are not even close.

Also if you want to make reference take a moment to go look it up. Seymour went 6th not 10th.

Now to your greater point. I don't think anyone is suggesting with certainty that JJ would be there at 17 but it is a possibility. I also don't think anyone on here said he was the 2nd best DL in the class.

Gone are the days of big fat slob linemen on either side of the ball. These kids today are all athletes and most, size permitting, are defensive front(scheme) diverse.

There are 16 picks before our first. One would logically argue the following DLs(in no particular order) would go before 17.

Bowers
    Fairely
    Dareus
    Jordan
    Quinn
    Miller

That's 6 DL or Dl/OLB types that most likely will go before 17 and no other positions accounted for which will have some players similarly rated.

Examples:
    Green
    Jones
    Newton
    Gabbert
    Peterson
    Amukamara

That's 6 more players you can argue would go before 17. Now we have 12 off the board hypothetically. So what is the next group?  Perhaps the following?

Tyron Smith
    Anthony Costanzo
    JJ Watt
    Ryan Kerrigan
    Aldon Smith
    Cameron Heyward
    Jimmy Smith
    Brandon Harris

It's all guess work but you can clearly see from this that an argument could be made for JJ to both be gone before 17 and also to possibly still be there at 17.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : Ok...why?
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

1) We trade down or out completely from 17. Forget depth of draft for a moment. This draft has some of the best talent atop the draft in some years apparently. I wish a shot at one of them. Also, if i understood the trade correctly, and I might not have... The broncos are going to be a mess switching everything up again. Not sure the Chiefs will be much better with Haley going back to being involved with the offense. Norv turners proven he is what he is. Raiders promoted from within so there should be some continuity and no reason to think they will be worse than the same or even better. So lets say its just pick 17 again, what do we get? A couple later picks this year and 17 again next year in a draft I do not know yet what it is like. Is next year suppose to be awesome at a particular position of need? Are you thinking about packaging 2 first rounders and more to make a play for luck?

2) We don't come away with a OT

3) we take 2 kids back to back that seem mostly interchangeable, on paper at least. First, if we had the kind of access they have. Every film on the all 22's. Communication with his life, friends, family, his college head and position coaches. The ability to ask a player in an interview that faced the other player what his thoughts were about facing him, etc etc. If you put yourself in the shoes in the well informed talent evaluator you are going to have a clear opinion on one player over the other. If you want to  add additional player at de/olb fine but i would look for a different type, like a Romeus who brings that coveted length and wingspan for deflecting passes etc.

4) Draft history has a strong trend that late round CB's are one of the lesser likely positions to make an impact on the NFL level. There are obvious examples to the contrary but the percentages are not in their favor.

Those would mostly be my reasons why. Again, its only an opinion. I can be totally and completely off-base.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : interesting...he was the toughest 4-3 DE for OL to block last year. Do you think the same holds true if (if he can make the adjustment) to 3-4 OLB?....can he create the same type of pressure?.... Where do you stand on this?
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

I think they were all referring to facing him during senior bowl week as most certainly did not face him during in-season play.

Don't think there are many who question if he can get pressure at next level. Only if he can play outside LB. You'de have to put him through a private workout to get a better idea.

I don't have an opinion on if he can play in space. A handful of drills really doesn't tell you much to make a definitive projection.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]MB/Faucetman, thnx for your continued input with the retirement of Stephan Neal today,it tells me that as a fan of the draft and the work BB does before,during and after that the Patriots will be looking at at least drafting 3 Olinemen. Also as I drive longhaul trucks I don't have the available time to research who would be the better choice between Acho and Reed but I like them both though I lean a little more towards Acho his draft spot is probably a higher pick but you can never tell how the draft will play out.... Thnx again for all of you guys spending as much time as you have in spreading the knowledge...
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

sb,
    Thanks for the nod, glad to help out where I can, there are a lot of quality opinions/info on this thread .  Stay safe out there!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeyMWB123. Show MikeyMWB123's posts

Guys, I appreciate the discussion, but I have to agree with the dude about Watt and frankly, I'm tired of seeing a lot of mocks with Watt going to us at the 17th pick, I just don't see it, as mentioned, for 3-4 defensive ends, BB typically goes with the stout college D-Tackle that is at least 6'3+ and 300+ pounds who can stuff the run and plug up the gaps for our linebackers to make the plays, just please, pleeeeasee for the love of God look at the measurables of our current Dline on our roster, they are all over 300+ lbs. I know 290 to 300 may not seem like a big deal but apparently it is, because BB has never drafted a Dlineman in the 1st or 2nd round for that matter that wasn't already 300 lbs going into the NFL, so can we stop the Watt to Patriots talk !!

The guys in this draft that fit the generic profile for a Pats D-End are: Marcel Dareus, Muhammad Wilkerson, Phil Taylor, Kenrick Ellis, Jarvis Jenkins, Lawrence Guy, Cedric Thorton, and possibly David Carter but he's listed at 297.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]Guys, I appreciate the discussion, but I have to agree with the dude about Watt and frankly, I'm tired of seeing a lot of mocks with Watt going to us at the 17th pick, I just don't see it, as mentioned, for 3-4 defensive ends, BB typically goes with the stout college D-Tackle that is at least 6'3+ and 300+ pounds who can stuff the run and plug up the gaps for our linebackers to make the plays, just please, pleeeeasee for the love of God look at the measurables of our current Dline on our roster, they are all over 300+ lbs. I know 290 to 300 may not seem like a big deal but apparently it is, because BB has never drafted a Dlineman in the 1st or 2nd round for that matter that wasn't already 300 lbs going into the NFL, so can we stop the Watt to Patriots talk !! The guys in this draft that fit the generic profile for a Pats D-End are: Marcel Dareus, Muhammad Wilkerson, Phil Taylor, Kenrick Ellis, Jarvis Jenkins, Lawrence Guy, Cedric Thorton, and possibly David Carter but he's listed at 297.
    Posted by MikeyMWB123[/QUOTE]

Mikey,

That is not entirely true on 2 fronts;
    1. Mike Wright plays DE and he is 6'4", 295
    2. Richard Seymour when drafted in the 1st round in 2001, weighed 299 lbs. Actually his measurements coming out of college are very close to JJ Watt...Both 6'6", Seymour 299, Watt 292.

The only way Watt is not drafted by the Pats is if he is drafted by someone else first. I think BB would love to land Watt. Need more proof?....Kraft visited 1 college game this year...it was Wisconsin. he did the say last year at Florida, and we drafted 3 Gators. Not saying that is proof we draft 1+ Wisconsin guys, but it has to mean something since he's not a Wisconsin alumn.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]Guys, I appreciate the discussion, but I have to agree with the dude about Watt and frankly, I'm tired of seeing a lot of mocks with Watt going to us at the 17th pick, I just don't see it, as mentioned, for 3-4 defensive ends, BB typically goes with the stout college D-Tackle that is at least 6'3+ and 300+ pounds who can stuff the run and plug up the gaps for our linebackers to make the plays, just please, pleeeeasee for the love of God look at the measurables of our current Dline on our roster, they are all over 300+ lbs. I know 290 to 300 may not seem like a big deal but apparently it is, because BB has never drafted a Dlineman in the 1st or 2nd round for that matter that wasn't already 300 lbs going into the NFL, so can we stop the Watt to Patriots talk !! The guys in this draft that fit the generic profile for a Pats D-End are: Marcel Dareus, Muhammad Wilkerson, Phil Taylor, Kenrick Ellis, Jarvis Jenkins, Lawrence Guy, Cedric Thorton, and possibly David Carter but he's listed at 297.
    Posted by MikeyMWB123[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree on Watt, he'll probably be a very good pro but right now there are some questions on him.  At 17 I think the Pats need a 100% can't miss guy, to me that is not Watt.

I'm looking at the OTs who grade out to be selected at 17 and think they are as close as a can't miss and fills a top need.  These are the guys I'm talking about and I'm excluding Solder from there.  He's got too many holes for my liking as a can't miss prospect, incredible athlete who still needs a lot of work.

I want at 17 Costanzo, Smith or Carimi.  This is just my preference and probably won't be the way they go but for right now I take the LT first.

So would like this to happen

17 Smith (probably gone) or Costanzo OT
    28 Wilkerson DE
    33 Reed OLB
    60 Acho OLB
    72 Chekwa CB
    90 Carpenter OT/OG
    4th Rnd 124th? Moffitt C/OG
    5th Rnd 156th? Anthony Allen RB
    6th Rnd 184th? Aldrick Robinson WR

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : 1) We trade down or out completely from 17. Forget depth of draft for a moment. This draft has some of the best talent atop the draft in some years apparently. I wish a shot at one of them. Also, if i understood the trade correctly, and I might not have... The broncos are going to be a mess switching everything up again. Not sure the Chiefs will be much better with Haley going back to being involved with the offense. Norv turners proven he is what he is. Raiders promoted from within so there should be some continuity and no reason to think they will be about the same or better. So lets say its just pick 17 again, what do we get? A couple later picks this year and 17 again next year in a draft I do not know yet what it is like. Is next year suppose to be awesome at a particular position of need? Are you thinking about packaging 2 first rounders and more to make a play for luck? 2) We don't come away with a OT 3) we take 2 kids back to back that seem mostly interchangeable, on paper at least. First, if we had the kind of access they have. Every film on the all 22's. Communication with his life, friends, family, his college head and position coaches. The ability to ask a player in an interview that faced the other player what his thoughts were about facing him, etc etc. If you put yourself in the shoes in the well informed talent evaluator you are going to have a clear opinion on over the other. If you want to  add additional player at de/olb fine but i would look for a different type, like a Romeus who brings that coveted length and wingspan for deflecting passes etc. 4) Draft history has a strong trend that late round CB's are one of the lesser likely positions to make an impact on the NFL level. There are obvious examples to the contrary but the percentages are not in their favor. Those would mostly be my reasons why. Again, its only an opinion. I can be totally and completely off-base.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

Thanks Low. Those are all great points.

This draft is indeed rich in DT/DE talent, and that is why I'm pushing 17 into next and drafting a DE at 28. I'm assuming based on what I have seen that there is not a ton of drop off between Watt and Wilkerson. I could very well be wrong and would like if someone on this board did a head to head Watt/Wilkerson analysis....

The Raiders could be at the top of their division next year, and very well might be 17 or better. It's a gamble, just like anything else, but I am wishful that perhaps we package 17 (assuming it is) next year with our 1st and maybe more to go up and grab Luck. Given our abundance of picks over the past few years, I can't imagine keeping this stockpile going without cashing it in for the next shot at a franchise QB. We would have the ammo next year to do it if we chose.I'll back off of this for a bit and just pick without any trades....Some of the most recent mocks I have seen have Carolina drafting Cam Newton. If this came to fruition, they don't need a QB next year, and they very well might still stink.

On Reed and Acho...They might be very close in overall talent, and perhaps they are carbon copies of one another, so I'll digress and take Acho at 60 or slight trade up, and possibly use a later round pick on Romeus or someone similar.

No OT's taken because I don't like what I see at that position beyond round 1. My feeling is we either draft one in round 1 or wait until next year, or pick one up via FA. If we extend Light, I'm less concerned about this. If we don't, then we need to go get one in round 1 I think and my tradinng of 17 doesn't make sense. Do you have any opinion on OT's talent fit for Pats after round 1? Remember, we presumably would be asking this guy to start at RT or LT. 

17 - Carimi (start RT, Vollmer to LT or vice versa)
    28 - Wilkerson (start LDE)
    33 - Wisnewski (start G opposite Mankins)
    60 - Acho (start OLB opposite Cunningham)
    74 - BBurton (upgrade for Wilhite/Butler, possibly ahead of Arrington)
    92 - Vereen (3rd RB)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Sorry to intrude in your thread. when do they offer up the supplementary picks and any idea what we get?
    Thanks in advance

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

"Guys, I appreciate the discussion, but I have to agree with the dude about Watt and frankly, I'm tired of seeing a lot of mocks with Watt going to us at the 17th pick, I just don't see it, as mentioned, for 3-4 defensive ends, BB typically goes with the stout college D-Tackle that is at least 6'3+ and 300+ pounds who can stuff the run and plug up the gaps for our linebackers to make the plays, just please, pleeeeasee for the love of God look at the measurables of our current Dline on our roster, they are all over 300+ lbs."

You do know that the difference between the weight of Watt at the combine and a 300 pound lineman is the wieght of one gallon of water. One of your 300+ fatties probably sweats that off in a game.

The issue is who can we draft that will produce a pash rush from the 5 (and OLB as well). I don't want another 300+ fattie who can't rush the passer - we have plenty of those already. I'll take an athletic 295 pounder who can rush the passer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]"Guys, I appreciate the discussion, but I have to agree with the dude about Watt and frankly, I'm tired of seeing a lot of mocks with Watt going to us at the 17th pick, I just don't see it, as mentioned, for 3-4 defensive ends, BB typically goes with the stout college D-Tackle that is at least 6'3+ and 300+ pounds who can stuff the run and plug up the gaps for our linebackers to make the plays, just please, pleeeeasee for the love of God look at the measurables of our current Dline on our roster, they are all over 300+ lbs." You do know that the difference between the weight of Watt at the combine and a 300 pound lineman is the wieght of one gallon of water. One of your 300+ fatties probably sweats that off in a game. The issue is who can we draft that will produce a pash rush from the 5 (and OLB as well). I don't want another 300+ fattie who can't rush the passer - we have plenty of those already. I'll take an athletic 295 pounder who can rush the passer.
    Posted by sml1210[/QUOTE]

Amen. If Watt is there at 17, he would be the logical pick. If not, I think we can still get an fairly athletic DE in Wilkerson or Heyward at 28. Watt obviously has the most athletic ability of the lot, and I think he has the best motor as well.

All are close to the ideal size requirements for the position and all should be able to generate some sort of rush with varying degrees of success, but the good thing is all 3 add length which we don't have today unless you consider Stroud and GWarren and both are near the end of their careers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

Great article: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/14761281/missouris-smith-says-olb-move-suits-him-fine

I've been advocating Smith & Wilkerson in the first for several months now. Nothing has happened to change my opinion; indeed, I like them better than ever after seeing them in drills at the combine. Good players.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]Well Like I said...if he can fit our defense fine, but I think he is ideally suited for the 4-3 and I feel if he can do all the things people say he can do, and they way he lit up the combine...Why would he last until 17?  Seymour was snagged at what #10, and that was a similar draft with multiple DE's being mentioned early.  Defensive Ends with high motors that can play the 3-4,. rush the passer, play behind the line of scrimmage, etc. dont usually get out of the top 10, let alone 15...so lets be realistic and look at who Would be there, not the Supposed 2nd best lineman in the draft...in other words...lets stop dreaming... If you wanna sell me on him being that great, then you also prove my point that he is too good to drop that far...so which is it...is he not that good, or is he gonna be gone

Richard Symour was drafted 6th overall. Sheesh try to educate yourself or get some facts right before you jump into an educated conversation.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc7YI45r_Hc&feature=related

Its a Miss ST highlight vid but if you watch it with a focus on LT 79 Derek Sherrod its a pretty good vid for him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Great article: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/14761281/missouris-smith-says-olb-move-suits-him-fine I've been advocating Smith & Wilkerson in the first for several months now. Nothing has happened to change my opinion; indeed, I like them better than ever after seeing them in drills at the combine. Good players.
    Posted by reamer[/QUOTE]

If Smith is there I would not question taking him or Watt or Kerrigan and truthfully I'd love Wilkerson too but sadly I don't think Smith is going to make it. Most consider him the 3rd best OLB in the draft and there are a number of teams that need a good 34 OLB or 43 DE

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

Just "make sure", like moving up, if any doubt, necessary, to get student athelete(honor roll) Kerrigan, for OLB draft choice. He has it ALL.

Sections
Shortcuts