Posted by brdbreu
I didn't project any trades because I try to hold off on any major trades until a week or 2 before the draft. It's hard to predict trades until you hear more rumors from teams about who they like and what they are looking for. Pro-days help with that too.
That's also why I only predicted 4 QB's going in the 1st over 5 because I'm not predicting trades right now. However, once I get a better idea I think a team will trade back into the 1st to grab that 5th QB but predicting 3 in the first 12 I thought was pretty bold.
1) I don't think BB will say at both but it's a little hard to tell if he'd move up or down to predict that far ahead.
2) I see Cinn taking a QB with 1 of 2 things happening. Either Buf doesn't take a QB and Cinn taking the best QB available or Cinn trading back into the late 1st to grab whatever QB is left. My thoughts are that Sea is taking a QB so this will force Cinn's hand into trading back into the 1st to take one
3) Yeah the more I think about it the more I think Car has to take a QB with them not having a 2nd and losing some fans with the lockout. Buf always shows it's hand before the draft as they did with Spiller last year and this year they said QB was where they wanted to improve so it looks like a go from there
4) Just the system they play. Heyward comes with some bigger question marks then Watt or Jordan and both Watt and Jordan fit SD's attacking DE system well
5) From what I can see there are really only 5 maybe 6 QB's that have a shot at starting this year and over 10 teams looking for QB's. With the lack of quality QB FA's and the ransoms that will be asked for in a trade by teams after the draft teams will try to get one early imo with all 5-6 gone by pick 40
6) I didn't drop him him draft order from cockiness I honestly think he'll end up somewhere between 25-30. However, I seen other draft picks make similar statements that should have been all over the Pats radar and when they fell to the Pats they weren't taken. I just think it's personal taste by the Pats that they want confidence not cockiness
7) Just didn't predict trades however if Wisniewski is the guy then this might be where a team wanting to get that 5th QB and jump ahead of Cinn and Ari to make sure they get them might move up to get him. I'm thinking Tenn
8) If I wasn't so sure they would trade out of 33 I would lol but I'd bet a paycheck that they trade out
9) yeah there are a lot of options to move up. I think Det, Stl, and Mia are ideal spots to move up. If OT Smith, Jones, Ingram are there picks any of them can fall back into 17 or 18 and not have to worry to much about losing those players. Det would have the biggest concern about another team trading up to grab Smith but between 14-17 I don't see any team taking either Jones or Ingram unless another team moves up. If only one of Watt or Jordan makes it to 15 I can easily see the Pats throwing #90 at Mia to jump ahead of Jax and get their DE.