2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK***

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK***:
    [QUOTE]Solder, really? Wow. If he is there at 17, he has to be considered, in my opinion. I would not ever trade up for a CB. Ever.   You look at what Samuel did here or even better, a McCourty and you don't need to trade up for a CB in BB's system. Also, I think trading up in the top 10, would absolutely be doable by the way. Deal #28 and #33 and move up to top 10, maybe gaining a middle/late 2nd as well. Example: 8  Dareus 17 Solder
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't touch Solder. Don't like his film. Great athlete yes. Great tackle NO. More importantly I just like other tackles at 17 over him.Like you though, it's only my opinion. Don't claim to be correct.

It's just my "own" personal philosophy on "potential" with 1st round picks. I hate that word in my 1st round picks, especially mid to high 1st round picks. On the other hand I love the word "potential" when it comes to later round developmental projects.

That's very funny considering BB himself tried desperately to trade up to #14 for a CB. Don't get your reasoning since facts don't back it up.

I also would trade up for the couple of spots in flip with Miami with the idea of eventually having Peterson play Free Safety.

I didn't say they couldn't trade up to top 10 I said I would not. They have enough picks to trade for #1 if they want. That wasn't the point of the post.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK***:
    [QUOTE]Everyone is always going on and on about the 1st pick they should take. Figured I would look at this a lil bit differently since I have no idea who will even be available where. Who I would not take at 17: Tyron Smith Adrian Clayborn Nate Solder Akeem Ayers Who I would NOT trade up for: Robert Quinn DaQuan Bowers Mark Ingram Julio Jones Prince Amukamara Undecided on moving up a couple spots: (ONLY given a scenario where Miami wants Ingram and NE can switch spots - last time NE attempted to move up was to spot #14 for Darrell Revis) JJ Watt Cameron Jordan AJ Green Von Miller Aldon Smith Would move up a couple spots: (never going to happen, just saying) Patrick Peterson Marcel Dareus This years Character problem player I would take a shot on if he slid to late 2nd round: Jimmy Smith Now although i disagree with most of you on ideas of trading up into the top 10 from 17, I am however in favor of trading up from 28 to go get the 2nd player they want.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

Low,
    I agree with most of this, however my thought is, trading up for Julio isn't a whole lot different than trading up for Green.  I posted back at the combine that I wouldn't be suprised if Julio comes off the board before Green.  As for the player with character questions that I'd take a shot on if they slid to late Rd 2, Big Phil would be at the top of my list.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : Low, I agree with most of this, however my thought is, trading up for Julio isn't a whole lot different than trading up for Green.  I posted back at the combine that I wouldn't be surprised if Julio comes off the board before Green.  As for the player with character questions that I'd take a shot on if they slid to late Rd 2, Big Phil would be at the top of my list.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Julio is a great athlete but I have never even heard him being considered in the same class as a pure WR as Green from any scout I have spoken with. He's a beast for sure and I like him a lot but not the same WR class in my opinion. Every one I converse with says Julios great strength is the match up because of his size. They speak of Green for his route running and ability for reading the defense. The later of which I like the most for being a Patriot. Most often state that Julio was taken out of more big games in his career than Green was. I am not certain if thats true or not. I have actually seen more of Julio than Green so I am basing more on conversations than film.

Sure you know I have said all along as one of the 1st to talk about Phil on this thread that I liked him even when some were trying to pin him as an exclusive NT.

Here is the difference.

Jimmy Smith is being talked about by scouts right now as having been taken completely off some teams boards all together. Phil is still being talked about as a late 1st round pick.

That was my reason for selecting Jimmy. He's suffering more from association right now. Very hard background. Practically whole family has been in and out of jail. The old "How can you sore like and eagle when you are surrounded by turkeys" saying. As of yet he himself has not been in any trouble with the law.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : I think that rookie cap is a done deal, bro.   I don't see any way the union can argue that it makes sense, nor does it help the veterans, many of them player reps. It was tried, and it clearly didn't work. The trickle down concept didn't work within the cap ideology. Trade up, in my opinion. If they are sold on a Dareus and see him as a Seymour type, go for it. You plop him next to Wilfork for the next 5 years and it would be pretty nasty. Slap Brace on the other side, draft a Brooks Reed or an Acho in Round 2, and onward and upward.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I agree that it's likely a done deal, but we (atleast I don't) don't know what the exact terms of the scale are as of yet.  Also, wouldn't this raise the value of top 10 picks due to the reduced financial risk, which would in turn raise the cost for a team looking to move up?  You'd then have to weigh the increased cost to move up vs. the decreased financial risk for moving up in previous years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : I agree that it's likely a done deal, but we (atleast I don't) don't know what the exact terms of the scale are as of yet.  Also, wouldn't this raise the value of top 10 picks due to the reduced financial risk, which would in turn raise the cost for a team looking to move up?  You'd then have to weigh the increased cost to move up vs. the decreased financial risk for moving up in previous years.

That would absoluely be my point as well MB. I would hold it for randsom if I had a top pick in a cost favorable scenario.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : Wouldn't touch Solder. Don't like his film. Great athlete yes. Great tackle NO. More importantly I just like other tackles at 17 over him.Like you though, it's only my opinion. Don't claim to be correct. It's just my "own" personal philosophy on "potential" with 1st round picks. I hate that word in my 1st round picks, especially mid to high 1st round picks. On the other hand I love the word "potential" when it comes to later round developmental projects. That's very funny considering BB himself tried desperately to trade up to #14 for a CB. Don't get your reasoning since facts don't back it up. I also would trade up for the couple of spots in flip with Miami with the idea of eventually having Peterson play Free Safety. I didn't say they couldn't trade up to top 10 I said I would not. They have enough picks to trade for #1 if they want. That wasn't the point of the post.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

I echo that, I do not like Solder.  He has not looked good at games I was able to watch and same goes in workouts.  He's been talked about to falling to the 2nd because of his footwork.

I don't know why I keep coming back to Steve Maneri 6'6" 290.  He fits that type of Solder mold, previous TE who converted to OT.  Maneri ran a 4.83 40 4.50 shuttle 7.55 cone.  He has improved footwork as I have read.  He's someone who could be an option, I don't know what the coaching staff thinks he'll be able to do and how soon.  If he's ready to take over RT Voll at LT and Ojinnaka as backup and draft a backup/development type guy. 

Anyone know have read anything on Maneri's progress?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : I echo that, I do not like Solder.  He has not looked good at games I was able to watch and same goes in workouts.  He's been talked about to falling to the 2nd because of his footwork. I don't know why I keep coming back to Steve Maneri 6'6" 290.  He fits that type of Solder mold, previous TE who converted to OT.  Maneri ran a 4.83 40 4.50 shuttle 7.55 cone.  He has improved footwork as I have read.  He's someone who could be an option, I don't know what the coaching staff thinks he'll be able to do and how soon.  If he's ready to take over RT Voll at LT and Ojinnaka as backup and draft a backup/development type guy.  Anyone know have read anything on Maneri's progress?
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard anything about Maneri which imo is a good thing. Usually when a player is developing well they keep it as close to the cuff as possible so other teams don't try to jump in and grab the player

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : "If he's on the board at 17, he's the top option IMO and you'll prob be able to hear Faucet yell F**k YEAH! from any point in the US if they take him." mb,  i'm laughing right now.... who is your highest rated de other than dareus IF watt and jordan are too light?peace cbdam/brdbreu
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

It's between Heyward, Wilkerson and Taylor.

If I had to rank them now on assumed interest from BB based on size, skill set, position/schematic versatility/fit etc. I'd rank them Taylor, Wilkerson, Heyward.  If you include character/red flags, It prob turns to Wilkerson, Heyward, Taylor.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : I agree that it's likely a done deal, but we (atleast I don't) don't know what the exact terms of the scale are as of yet.  Also, wouldn't this raise the value of top 10 picks due to the reduced financial risk, which would in turn raise the cost for a team looking to move up?  You'd then have to weigh the increased cost to move up vs. the decreased financial risk for moving up in previous years.

Yup. I agree the price would be higher, but then again, since it's the first year in a rookie cap, there'd be no set market on what a top 10 chip would go for either.

Everything would be negotiable.

I was just saying, the idea of the rookie cap is pretty much a done deal from what I have read.  

Regardless, BB holds the keys to not only the first round, but essentially the first 3 rounds.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In a scenario where both Quinn and Miller go in the top 10, I would love to see NE trade 17 and 74 to Minn. at 12 to move up for Watt-as has been discussed on this board.  Then at 28 they should pull the trigger on Brooks Reed.  This kid's stock is seriously on the rise.  In recent mock drafts, I've seen him getting picked late 1st (walterfootball to the Jets and nepatriots to the Ravens.)  If BB wants him, he better grab him in the 1st round or he could very well be gone.  This would still leave NE the freedom to trade back from 33, or simply draft BPA who slipped out of the first.  There should still be plenty of good OL prospects available in the 2nd round to bolster our line.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I like that.

But, if they trade up for Watt, they probably won't have #28 or #33 left to get Reed.

Just take Cameron Jordan at 17 and then Reed at 28.

Take a Guard like Watkins at 33.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

Is it still 100% that there will even be a draft?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Is it still 100% that there will even be a draft?
    Posted by NYPatsFan12[/QUOTE]

It's scheduled to take place in lieu of the CBA issues, though recent reports say the NFLPA is trying to get some of the top prospects to boycott the draft, stay tuned.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Even if it's boycotted, they'll still draft.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : You forgot one. If players win maybe no draft. Because Miller is also a plaintiff they are also challenging the whole draft system. There's a chance that no draft could occur if the players win. On the other hand some think because Miller is in the suit too that his stock has taken a hit and might slip out of the top 10 since owners don't want to deal with a player who's already fighting them over salary before he's even been drafted
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]
    I don't see that because Brady and Mankins are also Plaintiffs and no one is running them out of town.  It would be great if Miller slips because of this but I think talent trumps having another union headache.  I think the only way Miller gets past 5 is if Newton or Gabbert are there.  ARI would have to take the QB, otherwise they are all over Miller.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : C23, I think a lot will be determined once we know more about a pending rookie salary scale as the value of the picks would likely change with a reduced financial risk.  As things stand today, I don't see BB trading up more than a spot or two to target a player of interest; I don't see him making a move into the top 5 or 10. As for "limited roster openings", having 7 picks in the first 4 rounds doesn't necessarily mean they have to take 7 players, I think he uses some of those picks to either move up or down (after Rd 1) to acquire players of interest  or trade into future drafts to maintain long-term draft flexibility. On paper, I'd say RB is a bigger need as today you have Woody, Benny and a whole lot of unknown (does Faulk come back?).  I think one or both of the Taylor/Morris tandem is gone which would open up a roster spot and Thomas Clayton, who was part of the active roster at the end of the year, looks to be  nothing more than roster depth. 
    I agree that a bold move up in the draft is not in character with what BB does.  Still, I think he should at least move up far enough to get Watt.  The cost to get to 12 is just our 74.  I'm not saying he will do it, just that I hope he does it.

As for open roster spots, yes we need 2 RBs, an OG to replace Neal, potentially an OT to replace Kazcur if he gets cut or Light if he doesn't get retained.  We're short a player at OLB with only three at that position.  But, we are overloaded at DL right now.  So, that's 4 positions that appear open.  Adding more than 4 means we are cutting players which isn't necessarily bad if they can be upgraded.

Here's a little handy dandy depth chart showing age, contract year and I added my grade to each player which of course is very subjective.  The columns hightlighted are positions that could be open.  This assumes 53 players.  As you can see, we can add an OLB on defense but that's it.  Anyone else we add and someone has to get cut or tucked away on PUP or something.  I didn't count Kyle Love so we are already maxed out on the DL.  Offensively our needs are 2 at RB and 2 at OL and that's it with a long snapper to be added.  Ideally we'd draft an interior OL type that can long snap.  I am assuming Mankins signs his tag and we extend Light, otherwise we have more space available.  I think White could be cut if needed.  TBC and Wright could become cap cuts if we got a good rusher in the draft.  Everyone else pretty much would appear safe.

2011 Patriots
    OFFENSE 21 Players
    Slot30 Welker '11 A25 Edelman '12 C- 
    WR32 Branch '11 B26 Slater '11 C- 
    LOT33 Light '10 B-29 LeVoir '11  D+ 
    LG30 Mankins '11 A+  
    C31 Koppen '11 B-25 Wendell '10 C- 
    ROG29 Connolly '11 B-  
    RT27 Vollmer '12 B+32 Kaczur '12 C- 
    TE21 Hernandez B+22 Gronkowski B+33 Crumpler A-
    QB34 Brady '14 A+25 Hoyer '11 C+ 
    RB26 Green-Ellis '10 B+  
    26 Woodhead '12 B+  
    WR23 B Tate '12 C-23 Price '13 UNK 

DEFENSE 24 Players
    DE 30 T Warren '13 B-29 Wright '12 C 
    NT29 Wilfork '14 A24 Brace '12 C- 
    DE24 Deaderick '13 C-25 Pryor '12 C-32 Stroud '12 C
    OLB23 Cunningham '13 C31 Banta-Cain C 
    ILB25 Mayo '12 A25 Fletcher '12 C-30 White '11 B+
    ILB24 B Spikes '13 B-25 Guyton '11 C+ 
    OLB27 Ninkovich '11 C-  
    LCB24 McCourty '14 A-27 Wilhite '11 C- 
    RCB30 Bodden '13 B+25 Arrington '10 C25 Butler '12 D
    SS24 Chung '12 B26 Page '12 C- 
    FS27 Meriweather B27 Sanders '11 B- 

SPECIAL TEAMS 2
    PK27 Gostkowski A-  
    P25 Z. Mesko B  
    LS   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : I agree that a bold move up in the draft is not in character with what BB does.  Still, I think he should at least move up far enough to get Watt.  The cost to get to 12 is just our 74.  I'm not saying he will do it, just that I hope he does it. As for open roster spots, yes we need 2 RBs, an OG to replace Neal, potentially an OT to replace Kazcur if he gets cut or Light if he doesn't get retained.  We're short a player at OLB with only three at that position.  But, we are overloaded at DL right now.  So, that's 4 positions that appear open.  Adding more than 4 means we are cutting players which isn't necessarily bad if they can be upgraded. Here's a little handy dandy depth chart showing age, contract year and I added my grade to each player which of course is very subjective.  The columns hightlighted are positions that could be open.  This assumes 53 players.  As you can see, we can add an OLB on defense but that's it.  Anyone else we add and someone has to get cut or tucked away on PUP or something.  I didn't count Kyle Love so we are already maxed out on the DL.  Offensively our needs are 2 at RB and 2 at OL and that's it with a long snapper to be added.  Ideally we'd draft an interior OL type that can long snap.  I am assuming Mankins signs his tag and we extend Light, otherwise we have more space available.  I think White could be cut if needed.  TBC and Wright could become cap cuts if we got a good rusher in the draft.  Everyone else pretty much would appear safe.     2011 Patriots OFFENSE 21 Players Slot 30 Welker '11 A 25 Edelman '12 C-   WR 32 Branch '11 B 26 Slater '11 C-   LOT 33 Light '10 B- 29 LeVoir '11   D+   LG 30 Mankins '11 A+     C 31 Koppen '11 B- 25 Wendell '10 C-   ROG 29 Connolly '11 B-     RT 27 Vollmer '12 B+ 32 Kaczur '12 C-   TE 21 Hernandez B+ 22 Gronkowski B+ 33 Crumpler A- QB 34 Brady '14 A+ 25 Hoyer '11 C+   RB 26 Green-Ellis '10 B+     26 Woodhead '12 B+     WR 23 B Tate '12 C- 23 Price '13 UNK           DEFENSE 24 Players DE   30 T Warren '13 B- 29 Wright '12 C   NT 29 Wilfork '14 A 24 Brace '12 C-   DE 24 Deaderick '13 C- 25 Pryor '12 C- 32 Stroud '12 C OLB 23 Cunningham '13 C 31 Banta-Cain C   ILB 25 Mayo '12 A 25 Fletcher '12 C- 30 White '11 B+ ILB 24 B Spikes '13 B- 25 Guyton '11 C+   OLB 27 Ninkovich '11 C-     LCB 24 McCourty '14 A- 27 Wilhite '11 C-   RCB 30 Bodden '13 B+ 25 Arrington '10 C 25 Butler '12 D SS 24 Chung '12 B 26 Page '12 C-   FS 27 Meriweather B 27 Sanders '11 B-     SPECIAL TEAMS 2 PK 27 Gostkowski A-     P 25 Z. Mesko B     LS      
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

2011 Patriots 
    OFFENSE 21 Players
    Slot30 Welker '11 A25 Edelman '12 C- 
    WR32 Branch '11 B26 Slater '11 C- 
    LOT33 Light '10 B-29 LeVoir '11  D+ 
    LG30 Mankins '11 A+  
    C31 Koppen '11 B-25 Wendell '10 C- 
    ROG29 Connolly '11 B-  
    RT27 Vollmer '12 B+32 Kaczur '12 C- 
    TE21 Hernandez B+22 Gronkowski B+33 Crumpler A-
    QB34 Brady '14 A+25 Hoyer '11 C+ 
    RB26 Green-Ellis '10 B+  
    26 Woodhead '12 B+  
    WR23 B Tate '12 C-23 Price '13 UNK 

DEFENSE 24 Players
    DE 30 T Warren '13 B-29 Wright '12 C 
    NT29 Wilfork '14 A24 Brace '12 C- 
    DE24 Deaderick '13 C-25 Pryor '12 C-32 Stroud '12 C
    OLB23 Cunningham '13 C31 Banta-Cain C 
    ILB25 Mayo '12 A25 Fletcher '12 C-30 White '11 B+
    ILB24 B Spikes '13 B-25 Guyton '11 C+ 
    OLB27 Ninkovich '11 C-  
    LCB24 McCourty '14 A-27 Wilhite '11 C- 
    RCB30 Bodden '13 B+25 Arrington '10 C25 Butler '12 D
    SS24 Chung '12 B26 Page '12 C- 
    FS27 Meriweather B27 Sanders '11 B- 

SPECIAL TEAMS 2
    PK27 Gostkowski A-  
    P25 Z. Mesko B  
    LS   

If it was me I would also be looking at the possibility of the following ones. Of course it would strictly depend on who they sign if there is free agency as well as who was available as both a cost/value and ability upgrade at the respective position in the draft.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

BB Reigns gimme your all knowing patriots mock draft. Everything I read that you post for some reason I feel is correct.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from paularnold. Show paularnold's posts

The former union is only trying to get the players to boycott showing up to the actual draft.  All these players will still be in the draft.  The one question that I have is if there is no CBA reached before the draft, will this year's draft be slotted or will that wait til the 2012 draft?

All that BS aside, I am very interested to see how this draft plays out.  I like the ideas of many people on this board.  It's also fun because the way that BB likes to wheel and deal on draft day nothing is out of the question.  At least this thread has given me something to read other than all the gloom and doom of the CBA negotiations.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Patriots have conducted a private workout for Maryland WR Torrey Smith:

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Pouncey expects to be drafted between 15-20, points to several mtg w/

...his opinion and hope

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : It's between Heyward, Wilkerson and Taylor. If I had to rank them now on assumed interest from BB based on size, skill set, position/schematic versatility/fit etc. I'd rank them Taylor, Wilkerson, Heyward.  If you include character/red flags, It prob turns to Wilkerson, Heyward, Taylor.

thanks mb

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : I agree that a bold move up in the draft is not in character with what BB does.  Still, I think he should at least move up far enough to get Watt.  The cost to get to 12 is just our 74.  I'm not saying he will do it, just that I hope he does it. As for open roster spots, yes we need 2 RBs, an OG to replace Neal, potentially an OT to replace Kazcur if he gets cut or Light if he doesn't get retained.  We're short a player at OLB with only three at that position.  But, we are overloaded at DL right now.  So, that's 4 positions that appear open.  Adding more than 4 means we are cutting players which isn't necessarily bad if they can be upgraded. Here's a little handy dandy depth chart showing age, contract year and I added my grade to each player which of course is very subjective.  The columns hightlighted are positions that could be open.  This assumes 53 players.  As you can see, we can add an OLB on defense but that's it.  Anyone else we add and someone has to get cut or tucked away on PUP or something.  I didn't count Kyle Love so we are already maxed out on the DL.  Offensively our needs are 2 at RB and 2 at OL and that's it with a long snapper to be added.  Ideally we'd draft an interior OL type that can long snap.  I am assuming Mankins signs his tag and we extend Light, otherwise we have more space available.  I think White could be cut if needed.  TBC and Wright could become cap cuts if we got a good rusher in the draft.  Everyone else pretty much would appear safe.     2011 Patriots OFFENSE 21 Players Slot 30 Welker '11 A 25 Edelman '12 C-   WR 32 Branch '11 B 26 Slater '11 C-   LOT 33 Light '10 B- 29 LeVoir '11   D+   LG 30 Mankins '11 A+     C 31 Koppen '11 B- 25 Wendell '10 C-   ROG 29 Connolly '11 B-     RT 27 Vollmer '12 B+ 32 Kaczur '12 C-   TE 21 Hernandez B+ 22 Gronkowski B+ 33 Crumpler A- QB 34 Brady '14 A+ 25 Hoyer '11 C+   RB 26 Green-Ellis '10 B+     26 Woodhead '12 B+     WR 23 B Tate '12 C- 23 Price '13 UNK           DEFENSE 24 Players DE   30 T Warren '13 B- 29 Wright '12 C   NT 29 Wilfork '14 A 24 Brace '12 C-   DE 24 Deaderick '13 C- 25 Pryor '12 C- 32 Stroud '12 C OLB 23 Cunningham '13 C 31 Banta-Cain C   ILB 25 Mayo '12 A 25 Fletcher '12 C- 30 White '11 B+ ILB 24 B Spikes '13 B- 25 Guyton '11 C+   OLB 27 Ninkovich '11 C-     LCB 24 McCourty '14 A- 27 Wilhite '11 C-   RCB 30 Bodden '13 B+ 25 Arrington '10 C 25 Butler '12 D SS 24 Chung '12 B 26 Page '12 C-   FS 27 Meriweather B 27 Sanders '11 B-     SPECIAL TEAMS 2 PK 27 Gostkowski A-     P 25 Z. Mesko B     LS      
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

a lot of "c" grades on that defense!
    build d for super bowl
    thanks faucet

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from paularnold. Show paularnold's posts

I do agree that the defense needs to be improved in the draft.  What grades do you realistically think some of these guys you draft would get.  I think you'd have to be happy to get a B/B- out of a DE and OLB.  I think, however, Cunningham and Spikes should improve this year.  Also, I think a C- for Ninkovich is a bit harsh.  I thought he had a very good season, 62 tackles, 4 sacks, 2 picks.  I think we could find a better starter, but he should be a key rotational player.  I also wouldn't be surprised to see some steady improvement from Brace and Deaderick at DE.  My thought is that these rookies may not step right in and make an immediate impact, but should be solid rotational players their rookie years and hopefully develop into solid starters for years to come.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

chung gets a B? he is a stud i would easily give him an A-mesko raised our punting to 10th in the league from the bottom. pretty good for a rookie! i would give him a B+, branch had a good year and was one of brady's go to guys i would give him a B.  a b- for connolly? are you serious, he at least deserves a B due to his filling in and doing a pretty good job for an injury depleted line. arrington gets a C? he did a great job, i would give him a B.  Brace i'd give a B too as well because he was really improving before his injury.