2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK***

Here's a look at a defensive depth chart with age and contract year.  As a unit, our defense is stable contractually.  We have just one starter, Meriweather, set to be a free agent after 2011.  We don't really have any other key free agents after 2011 except Guyton and Sanders, two situational guys.  More than half, 6, of our defensive starters are under 25.  Let's not discount the fact they they will improve.  Couple that with Bodden and Warren coming back and a case could be made that our D should be top 15 next year.

DEFENSE 25 Players
    DE 30 T Warren '1329 Wright '1225 Love '12
    NT29 Wilfork '1424 Brace '1225 Pryor '12
    DE24 Deaderick '1331 Stroud '12 
    OLB27 Ninkovich '1131 Banta-Cain '12 
    ILB25 Mayo '1225 Guyton '11 
    ILB24 B Spikes '1325 Fletcher '12 
    OLB23 Cunningham '1330 Eric Moore '11 
    LCB24 McCourty '1427 Wilhite '11 
    RCB30 Bodden '1325 Arrington '1325 Butler '12
    SS24 Chung '1226 Page '10 
    FS27 Meriweather '1127 Sanders '11 

If we are looking for a rookie to step in day 1 and beat out a current starter where do we look?  Watt beats out Deaderick, I'm not sure if Wilkerson or the other choices would.  Kerrigan beats out Ninko or Cunningham.  Does Reed beat either out?  Maybe.  Wilson may beat out the Spikes/Guyton tandem.  But if we take a step back and look at the positions where we are drafting I don't see a lot of opportunities to get better on defense through the draft.  If lucky we can find 1, maybe 2 upgrades but Watt is the only safe pick IMO to become an impact player the first year.  Kerrigan, Houston, Reed and the like are all conversion types and will take time for them to learn the position.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK***:
    Here's a scenario that could easily unfold.  What if this happened, who do we take? 1 4-3 CAR Marcell Dareus DT 2 4-3 DEN Patrick Peterson CB 3 3-4 BUF Von Miller OLB 4 4-3 CIN Cam Newton QB 5 3-4 ARI Blaine Gabbert QB 6 4-3 CLE AJ Green WR 7 3-4 SF Julio Jones WR 8 4-3 TEN Nick Fairley DT 9 3-4 DAL JJ Watt DE 10 3-4 WAS Cameron Jordan DE 11 3-4 HOU Prince Amukamara CB 12 4-3 MIN Robert Quinn DE 13 4-3 DET Da'Quan Bowers DE 14 4-3 STL Corey Liuget DT 15 3-4 MIA Mike Pouncey OG 16 4-3 JAX Aldon Smith OLB This would be a disaster....Posted by Faucetman

The last time I actually contributed to the draft discussion (Wow, that feels like it's been ages), I was saying that Watt could be available at 17.

Now with the CBA probably not happening before draft - i.e., no trading picks for players - I have to agree with you guys. Two things have to happen for Watt to be available even at #12 (MIN). First, Dallas keeps to what J Jones said a while back about taking an OT (all this time, they likely already changed their minds), Secondly, A third QB gets taken before the MIN pick. 

With respect to the picks above, I had the same order through SFF. However, I believe that TEN also is in dire need of a QB. And if they do not pick a QB, I feel that Quinn is the better fit. They are 29th on pass D. If they want to fix that via the DL, I would think outside pass rush would be the better option vs taking the interior route. Not considering who they might have on IR, I think Quinn would be the guy they really want outside of a QB.

Dallas, I've covered.

WAS is a question again of how badly they need a QB, and whether they think their next QB will be available on their second turn to pick. I am really hoping that Shanahan sees some Elway in either Mallet or Locker (I'd be LMAO if Locker gets picked here).

If not a QB, this is the team who could have a huge motivation for taking Watt. I believe they already let go of Haynesworth. This could pave the way for a full transition to 3-4 (I am getting sick writing this.). If this is so, then they need a huge upgrade at RDE where they would have a 35 yr old, 285 lb starter. Wilkerson would be too much of a reach. Jordan is a possibility, but I believe Watt has overtaken Jordan if basing on grade alone. 

What this boils down to is that if Watt is the target, you are right...Dallas is the trade you want.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

bill belicheck said after the nasty ben watson contract situation that he would never draft a player who was represented by condon. two player represented by condon who would fit extremely well with the pats are jj watt and costanzo. true to his word he hasnt drafted a condon represented player since ben watson. of course this doesnt matter if they institute a rookie pay scale. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

keep an eye out for sf free agent olb manny lawson as a possible signing and also keep an eye out on carolina wr steve smith, who carolina has put on the trading block. i have a good feeling one of the two will be in a pats uniform.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK***:
    In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : "The end of the podcast was the best when one guy was whining about that Pats needing blue chippers and should package a bunch of picks etc and not trade down in this draft even once. Then the other two guys basically torched him lol " yup, thst's our board! whose pod low? not sure i get the meaning here: "Also apparently there is still quite a bit of concern by some of Quinn's brain tumor and not so much by other, according to them. " how many here would pass on quinn at 17? de is more important slightly, but if it goes this way, quinn is dominant at this position. mayock says hes the best edge rusher in the draft and plays the run well. if he and watt were availble at 17, i think i'd have a system overload and coul dnt make the pick ( de is a slight higher priority for me, but quinn is the quintessential player at the olb position in this draft i think). i still say is there a way to get to 9, earliest watt would go, but dallas has high need to protect romo and strong db need. jordan watkins is not terrible, would liek to see their 33 pick bunting has usat watt andwatkins in rd 1.
    Posted by brdbreu

It was Matt Bitonti from Draft Daddy, Shane Hallum from draftcountdown and i forget who the other one was. It was the other guy whining about the pats not going for blue chippers and the two i mentioned torching him.

The point about Quin had nothing to do about his talent. Rumors that some teams have removed him from their board or lowered him significantly because if he has an issue with the tumor in his head again it will require removal and some hardware to be put in and his career is over at that point.

They said every team has done an independent analysis of him during the combine and they each have their own opinions much like any other issue with any other player.

Well as far as who wouldn't take him at 17? If i had a staff of physicians to tell me go/no go and it was no go i would not take him. That was the point of the comment.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : 33 is an option for sure, however I'm thinking that they spin that pick for additional selections to kick off day 2. I'm with you on OL, Castonzo, Carimi and Pouncey etc., they make a lot of sense in the 17-28 range, assuming they are high on one of these kids. As for your trade up scenario, I'm starting to come around on it a bit from the aspect of, this class is not nearly as deep with potential impact Rd 1 talent as last year so trading back with the expectation of landing a DMC type impact player might not be realistic. 
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Wow Mb, I'm surprised to you hear might be coming around on the trade up idea.  I'm for it for the right player who can come in and make an immediate or near immediate impact.  But, I'm tempered with the knowledge that BB almost never makes a big move up in the first 2 rounds.  He only did it twice, for Daniel Graham and for Chad Jackson and that was a long time ago.

I do think he'll be working the phones trying to get a good deal but otherwise he will stay put or trade down with trade down being more than 50% likely given recent behavior.  We traded back with our first pick the past three drafts having traded back twice before making our first selection each of the past two drafts. 
    The only thing that gives me any hope that this year may be different is he's been trying to find Seymour's replacement having drafted Deaderick and signing free agents GWarren and MStroud.  Just maybe he likes Watt and what's not to like if your BB.

Assuming a trade back, what are our likely options?  I think the choices are many.  If no OTs are off the board, a number of teams including KC, PHI, SEA and BAL could want to move up for their first choice.  IND never trades and they are taking OL so PHI, BAL and even CHI and PIT could come up. I think the cost would be prohibitive for PIT or CHI.  They can't get their with their 2nd.  But BAL on down could.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : We could live with this.  It is a little early for Watkins IMO but he certainly is an excellent pick and hedge for the Mankins/Light situation.  If Watt is going at 9, that's too far to move up.  Jordan should be able to add 15 lbs and get over 300.  If he does, he could be a force.
    Posted by Faucetman

Sure that's true and i have never had any issue with the Watkins age thing. It was either going to be Watkins or Sherrod there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

bill belicheck said after the nasty ben watson contract situation that he would never draft a player who was represented by condon. two player represented by condon who would fit extremely well with the pats are jj watt and costanzo. true to his word he hasnt drafted a condon represented player since ben watson. of course this doesnt matter if they institute a rookie pay scale. 
    Posted by isurfvb35

If so, I don't think the rookie pay scale would apply to this year since the CBA would occur after the draft.  It would probably start in 2012.  If BB passes on Watt because of Condon it won't be the only reason.  He would pass based on the stability and youth he has on defense as I recently pointed out.  Half of our DL is 25 or younger.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : Low, Good stuff, what are your thoughts on Jarvis Jenkins (on of the better Rd 2-3 DL options, IMO and has the ideal size at 6-4 310) and Ricky Elmore (another big motor kid, hustle type, with good size and first step from the Desert Swarm, had 25.5 Sacks, 33.5 TFL in his career, could be a Rd 4-5 OLB option, IMO).
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Thanks for catching that. Jenkins was originally on the list from the first time I posted it. He must have gotten lost in the edits and organization.

Elmore should be on the list but i simply forgot about him. I had commented long ago that when i was trying to watch Brooks, Elmore kept beating him to the QB but that blocking might have been rolled to Reeds side.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

I dont comment on this thread very often. But I've read just about every comment and been following it through and through and would just like to say... keep it up!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Here's a look at our offensive depth chart with age and contractual stability.  Unlike our defense where we have only 2 starters right at 30, we have 5 over 30.  Unlike our defense where we have just two starters, Ninkovich and Meriweather set to become free agents after 2011, we have 5 set to become free agents after the season on offense.  Keeping Brady upright and healthy and surrounded by weapons is not a bad strategy.  There is something to be said for jumping out on top in most games and forcing the opponent into a predictable passing game.  The problem with that last year is we couldn't stop the pass. 

Defensively we are returning 25 key players, our full compliment.  I'm not saying some can't be upgraded but offensively we are returning just 21.  So we need to draft at least 4 offensive players that make the team, 2 OL and 2 RB without the need to cut anyone or relying on an uncertain free agent market.

2011 Patriots
    OFFENSE 21 Players
    Slot30 Welker '1125 Edelman '12 
    WR32 Branch '1123 Price '13 
    LOT27 Vollmer '1229 LeVoir '11 
    LOG29 Mankins '1125 Ohrnberger '12 
    C31 Koppen '11 
    ROG29 D Connolly '1125 Wendell '13 
    RT32 Kaczur '12  
    TE22 Gronkowski '1321 Hernandez '1333 Crumpler '11
    QB34 Tom Brady '1425 Hoyer '11 
    RB26 Green-Ellis '10  
    26 Woodhead '12  
    WR23 B Tate '1226 Slater '11 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I just got chastised by my brother for just saying Ingram's name.  He thinks we need to use 17/33 to move up to 7 to be sure we get Watt.  Then at 28 we take the best OT left, assuming there is one left.  My brother also thinks Wilkerson should be an option at 28 and didn't agree with my level of competition concerns.  My brother would rather have Wilkerson than Jordan.  I agree that Jordan is probably best suited as a 43 DE. JJ Watt one spot below where we got Richard Seymour is kind of ironic in that we'd be using the pick we got for Seymour plus a late 3rd that we converted to pick 33 because CAR was stupid.  Getting Watt at 7 would be basically getting him for Seymour and a late 3rd.  We would have lost Seymour after 2009 anyway so this is basically a 3rd and Comp 3rd if you look at what we gave up. JJ Watt is without doubt the best 5 technique option in the draft.  His 6 PDef is amazing for a DE.  All of them were batted balls which is almost as good as a sack because if they happen on 3rd down, they end the series.  His two FF and INT are also impressive.  Watt lives in the backfield, he disrupts plays, he has a non stop motor, he has Patriot written all over him. So, do we give up 33 to get him?  I guess we need to decide what we would do with 33 if we kept it.  If we are able to trade 28 down to a team looking to get back up for a QB or the SD deal, we could be back in the low 30s.  There could be no OTs left at 28 so we would be looking at OT at the back of the 2nd anyway.  We could take care of our interior OL needs with Watkins or Wisniewski or even later on with Moffitt, Schilling, Ijalana, etc. At 33 maybe Houston, Ayers, Wilson or a back like Ryan Williams or Mikel LeShoure we would lose out on.  We can always get a back later on.  Ayers doesn't impress me and Houston reminds me of Aaron Maybin or Larry English. My brother interviewed Greg Romeus the other day.  He claims that his back is 100% and his repaired ACL is on schedule to be ready for the start of 2011 season.  I know someone else threw his name out there so this isn't my idea but if healthy, Romeus could be an excellent reward over risk player in the 5th round.  He had 7 sacks in 2008 and 8 in 2009 before his senior year was pretty much erased by two injuries. At 17, we're in jail.  There is likely going to be nothing there to get excited about.  SF needs a NT, it's their #1 need.  PhilTaylor could be had at 17 before KC or NYJ.  They also need a C and Pouncey could make sense for them.  Then at 33 SF could address OLB or WR.  This would be a good move for them since they aren't going to get Miller or Peterson.  Someone is going to want to come up to 28 to get Ponder, Mallett or Locker.
    Posted by Faucetman

I see Panic runs in the family :) Sorry my friend, I couldn't resit that one. Ha!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from creiner812. Show creiner812's posts

Pats could use lots...on offense downfield WR (Tate doesn't cut it).  RB with speed and power...maybe not avasilable this year Woodie and BJGE not enough. Tackle and Guard (Light and Mankins probably on way out...OT a problem in this draft...should try to keep Mankins a real stud.  On defense...a pass rusher ...true star  maybe not available at 17.  What they don't need is more lower picks upper first round true talent.  Loosing Mankins would be a sin and trading down and missing a player like Matthews was inexcuseable.  Sure McCortney is great but how many failures...2nd and 3rd round draft choices were wasted after dumping all pro Samuels?  BB brags that he has the best W/L record in the last 10 years but the Lombardi trophies are in the past.  Playmakers win post season games not trade downs.  It hasn't worked in 7 years. Why should it work now?  Solution...take both seconds and bundle them with both firsts and end up with 2 top number first 10 or 12 choices.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

The more we go through these mock excersise, the more I'm thinking that Kyle Rudolph is a legit option for them at 28 (assuming he's available).  While taking another TE might cause them to have to carry an extra TE for a year, maybe 2, I think this kid is everything BB looks for in a player, particularly at a position in which he's placed a high level of value, you can find room for these types of kids.  He's also represent both short term/long term value and you know BB is always thinking about today and tomorrow which it comes to team building.   See that dead horse?  Bang, I just beat it again....Rudolph could = BPA, IMO. Ha
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

He had his hammy rip right off the bone didn't he?

Gronk was able to work out before the draft. So far I have not seen any set date for KR to work out yet.

You might be able to get him later if he doesn't.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Before we give up on the Watt idea I just realized two things. WAS doesn't have a third round pick and they already stated they want to trade down for more picks.  They have a ton of needs; huge need at QB, WR, OT, OG, C, DE, ILB, FS, CB and even RB with the release of Portis.  Maybe, just maybe Dallas goes with Amukamara or a tackle.  If Gabbert and Newton are gone, WAS doesn't need to be taking Julio Jones.  You only take a WR in the top 10 when all other needs are met.  At 17 they could get Pouncey or pretty much the tackle of their choice.  I bet ya they would drop back for just our pick 60.  This gets us ahead of HOU for Watt.  They can perhaps get a Mallett, Ponder, Locker or Dalton at 41 then address an additional need at 60.  Point wise we're giving up 1250 for 1300 so this is good value for Bill.

If that fails, I say trade down.  If TB wants to move up for Ingram because the Giants could be targeting him, we could switch places in the 2nd round, 60 for 52.  We could get Carimi at 20.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

1a akeem ayers 
    1b nate solder
    2a cameron heyward
    2b kendall hunter

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

i would rather have.C Jordan ( add 10-15 pds)
                              Justin Houston
                              Nate solder
                              R yan  Williams

JUst an opinion

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yeah Faucet, if things play out like most think that they will, #17 will kind of be a no-mans-land spot in the draft for an impact defensive player.  If BB has their sights set on Watt, Jordan, or even Quinn, moving up in the 9-12 range would be a very smart move.  However, things in the draft rarely play out as expected.  My money is on one of those 3 guys slipping to 17.  As our current roster sits, OL may be the highest priority on the Patriots radar.  A slight trade-down could still net BB his offensive lineman of choice.  No matter how things play out, I doubt the Pats will pick at 17.  Bring on the wheeling and dealing early and often!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Pats could use lots...on offense downfield WR (Tate doesn't cut it).  RB with speed and power...maybe not avasilable this year Woodie and BJGE not enough. Tackle and Guard (Light and Mankins probably on way out...OT a problem in this draft...should try to keep Mankins a real stud.  On defense...a pass rusher ...true star  maybe not available at 17.  What they don't need is more lower picks upper first round true talent.  Loosing Mankins would be a sin and trading down and missing a player like Matthews was inexcuseable.  Sure McCortney is great but how many failures...2nd and 3rd round draft choices were wasted after dumping all pro Samuels?  BB brags that he has the best W/L record in the last 10 years but the Lombardi trophies are in the past.  Playmakers win post season games not trade downs.  It hasn't worked in 7 years. Why should it work now?  Solution...take both seconds and bundle them with both firsts and end up with 2 top number first 10 or 12 choices.
    Posted by creiner812

I certainly share your thoughts about trading up for at least 1 big time play maker.  We kicked the Watt and Miller idea on defense around quite a bit.  I mentioned going to 10 for Watt as WAS probably wants out of that spot for financial reasons as much as needing more picks.  At 10 we take Watt if there.  If not there, I'd still go up for Julio Jones.  I think a solid case can be made for him providing we think we can get a quality tackle at 28.  Our top 2 receivers are 32 and 30 and both are set to become free agents after the season.  Welker is going to want a small fortune and I don't think we give it to a guy who'll be 31 heading into 2012.

I would love to see what Jones can bring to the table pairing him up with our two stud TEs.  But I want to stress, Watt or Miller would be my first choice. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : The last time I actually contributed to the draft discussion (Wow, that feels like it's been ages), I was saying that Watt could be available at 17. Now with the CBA probably not happening before draft - i.e., no trading picks for players - I have to agree with you guys. Two things have to happen for Watt to be available even at #12 (MIN). First, Dallas keeps to what J Jones said a while back about taking an OT (all this time, they likely already changed their minds), Secondly, A third QB gets taken before the MIN pick.  With respect to the picks above, I had the same order through SFF. However, I believe that TEN also is in dire need of a QB. And if they do not pick a QB, I feel that Quinn is the better fit. They are 29th on pass D. If they want to fix that via the DL, I would think outside pass rush would be the better option vs taking the interior route. Not considering who they might have on IR, I think Quinn would be the guy they really want outside of a QB. Dallas, I've covered. WAS is a question again of how badly they need a QB, and whether they think their next QB will be available on their second turn to pick. I am really hoping that Shanahan sees some Elway in either Mallet or Locker (I'd be LMAO if Locker gets picked here). If not a QB, this is the team who could have a huge motivation for taking Watt. I believe they already let go of Haynesworth. This could pave the way for a full transition to 3-4 (I am getting sick writing this.). If this is so, then they need a huge upgrade at RDE where they would have a 35 yr old, 285 lb starter. Wilkerson would be too much of a reach. Jordan is a possibility, but I believe Watt has overtaken Jordan if basing on grade alone.  What this boils down to is that if Watt is the target, you are right...Dallas is the trade you want.  
    Posted by seattlepat70

hey seattle,
    nice to see you back. a lot of posts hard to keep straight:

re:"What this boils down to is that if Watt is the target, you are right...Dallas is the trade you want."

i was the one who said we need to go at 9 when faucet was saying 12 yesterday.

however, faucet's points today reveal dallas may not want to part with it if they decidee to go de (though i think if prince is available here, they take him. it may be too high for offensive line for them). therefore 7 may make sense.

however despite other's assertion to that our defense will improve enough on its own, i want to maintain a strategy that gives us both the olb/de combo who are both able to pressure the passer often. if forced to choose one, id choose de. but with alll th epicks we have, i am going both.

faucet and all, agaiin your thoughts if its pick 12 and fairley and watt are on the borad?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : I see Panic runs in the family :) Sorry my friend, I couldn't resit that one. Ha!
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

It's all good buddy.  My brother and I talk football/draft almost every day.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : It was Matt Bitonti from Draft Daddy, Shane Hallum from draftcountdown and i forget who the other one was. It was the other guy whining about the pats not going for blue chippers and the two i mentioned torching him. The point about Quin had nothing to do about his talent. Rumors that some teams have removed him from their board or lowered him significantly because if he has an issue with the tumor in his head again it will require removal and some hardware to be put in and his career is over at that point. They said every team has done an independent analysis of him during the combine and they each have their own opinions much like any other issue with any other player. Well as far as who wouldn't take him at 17? If i had a staff of physicians to tell me go/no go and it was no go i would not take him. That was the point of the comment.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

thanks low for th ereference!

and too for helping me catch the point you were putting across.
    it was helpful.

peace

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : Wow Mb, I'm surprised to you hear might be coming around on the trade up idea.  I'm for it for the right player who can come in and make an immediate or near immediate impact.  But, I'm tempered with the knowledge that BB almost never makes a big move up in the first 2 rounds.  He only did it twice, for Daniel Graham and for Chad Jackson and that was a long time ago. I do think he'll be working the phones trying to get a good deal but otherwise he will stay put or trade down with trade down being more than 50% likely given recent behavior.  We traded back with our first pick the past three drafts having traded back twice before making our first selection each of the past two drafts.  The only thing that gives me any hope that this year may be different is he's been trying to find Seymour's replacement having drafted Deaderick and signing free agents GWarren and MStroud.  Just maybe he likes Watt and what's not to like if your BB. Assuming a trade back, what are our likely options?  I think the choices are many.  If no OTs are off the board, a number of teams including KC, PHI, SEA and BAL could want to move up for their first choice.  IND never trades and they are taking OL so PHI, BAL and even CHI and PIT could come up. I think the cost would be prohibitive for PIT or CHI.  They can't get their with their 2nd.  But BAL on down could.
    Posted by Faucetman

"Wow Mb, I'm surprised to you hear might be coming around on the trade up idea."

all these reasoned thouhgts we've offered are finally only now taking thir affect,
    :) unbelievable. mb is not unmoveable :)

(hope yoiu receive this with good intention and mirth mb)

peace

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : If so, I don't think the rookie pay scale would apply to this year since the CBA would occur after the draft.  It would probably start in 2012.  If BB passes on Watt because of Condon it won't be the only reason.  He would pass based on the stability and youth he has on defense as I recently pointed out.  Half of our DL is 25 or younger.
    Posted by Faucetman

draft happens, cba before any play, unless judge rules nfl must operate as usual. cba could still happen before anby play.
    rookie cap already agreed to by players and owners; i understand it will go into effect before any games played.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : Wow Mb, I'm surprised to you hear might be coming around on the trade up idea.  I'm for it for the right player who can come in and make an immediate or near immediate impact.  But, I'm tempered with the knowledge that BB almost never makes a big move up in the first 2 rounds.  He only did it twice, for Daniel Graham and for Chad Jackson and that was a long time ago. I do think he'll be working the phones trying to get a good deal but otherwise he will stay put or trade down with trade down being more than 50% likely given recent behavior.  We traded back with our first pick the past three drafts having traded back twice before making our first selection each of the past two drafts.  The only thing that gives me any hope that this year may be different is he's been trying to find Seymour's replacement having drafted Deaderick and signing free agents GWarren and MStroud.  Just maybe he likes Watt and what's not to like if your BB. Assuming a trade back, what are our likely options?  I think the choices are many.  If no OTs are off the board, a number of teams including KC, PHI, SEA and BAL could want to move up for their first choice.  IND never trades and they are taking OL so PHI, BAL and even CHI and PIT could come up. I think the cost would be prohibitive for PIT or CHI.  They can't get their with their 2nd.  But BAL on down could.
    Posted by Faucetman

i wouldnt deal with bal or pitt, unless i absolutley had to.

Sections
Shortcuts