2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK***

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK***:
    [QUOTE]Assnd Pick Assnd Team Traded Picks Team Selecting Player Position Posted By 1 Car None Car Blaine Gabbert QB NYPatsFan12 2 Den None Den Marcell Dareus DT pats7393 3 Buf None Buf   Cam Newton   QB   PatsEng   4 Cin None Cin Julio Jones WR mbeaulieu07 5 Ari None Ari Von Miller DE/OLB Low 6 Cle None Cle A J Green WR TrustBill 7 SF None SF Prince Amukamara CB SeattlePat70 8 Ten  None  Ten  Patrick Peterson  CB  pats7393 9 Dal  None  Dal  Tyron Smith  LB  Rocky 10 Was  None Was JJ Watt DE PatsLifer 11 Hou  None  Hou  Cameron Jordan  DE  Low 12 Min  None  Min  Ryan Mallet  QB  TrustBill 13 Det  18, 82  SD  Robert Quinn  OLB  pats7393 14 StL  None STL Aldon Smith OLB PatsLifer 15 Mia  none  MIA Christian Ponder  QB  Natesubs 16 Jac  None  Jac  Nick Fairly  DT  CaptFox 17 NE None NE Da'Quan Bowers DE Asher77 18 SD  13  Det       19 NYG           20 TB           21 KC           22 Ind           23 Phi           24 NO           25 Sea           26 Bal           27 Atl           28 NE           29 Chi           30 NYJ           31 Pit           32 GB          
    Posted by Asher77[/QUOTE]

bowers to us is shocking. he's arguably by many the top pick without the knee injury. and fairley to 16, no one is going to bpa him, nor move up to get him. 2 shockers!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK***:
    [QUOTE]Assnd Pick Assnd Team Traded Picks Team Selecting Player Position Posted By 1 Car None Car Blaine Gabbert QB NYPatsFan12 2 Den None Den Marcell Dareus DT pats7393 3 Buf None Buf   Cam Newton   QB   PatsEng   4 Cin None Cin Julio Jones WR mbeaulieu07 5 Ari None Ari Von Miller DE/OLB Low 6 Cle None Cle A J Green WR TrustBill 7 SF None SF Prince Amukamara CB SeattlePat70 8 Ten  None  Ten  Patrick Peterson  CB  pats7393 9 Dal  None  Dal  Tyron Smith  LB  Rocky 10 Was  None Was JJ Watt DE PatsLifer 11 Hou  None  Hou  Cameron Jordan  DE  Low 12 Min  None  Min  Ryan Mallet  QB  TrustBill 13 Det  18, 82  SD  Robert Quinn  OLB  pats7393 14 StL  None STL Aldon Smith OLB PatsLifer 15 Mia  none  MIA Christian Ponder  QB  Natesubs 16 Jac  None  Jac  Nick Fairly  DT  CaptFox 17 NE None NE Da'Quan Bowers DE Asher77 18 SD  13  Det       19 NYG           20 TB           21 KC           22 Ind           23 Phi           24 NO           25 Sea           26 Bal           27 Atl           28 NE           29 Chi           30 NYJ           31 Pit           32 GB          

shocking and fun!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

The FOUR Qbs taken have thus far slanted this Mock .

What's next ?...

Seatle trading up to grab Locker and the Bengals trading back into the 1st to land Kaepernick ?

Maybe Arizona will climb onboard and make a trade to grab Dalton before the round is over too !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

seattle (or someone), take  detroit. i dont know if they want costanzo or carimi.
    by the way , 73, at least i am seeing this before its done.- a huge improvement!

so  i think your goal to include the west coast this time was successful. at night. i dont get to this board  till at least 9pm pacific usually (12 am est) and i am often reading it at 2 aM  pacific time (5 am)  so you early risers out there might have someone to chat with if you post something.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

REGARDING ROBERT QUINN :

Admittedly I'm one of those fans that lives / breathes / pukes NFL football ,but I'm woefully ignorant of the College players ...until this time of the year .
    Then I cram for 6 weeks and go from drinkin' evrybody else's koolaid/analysis to forming fairly strong opinions of my own.
       I just get the feeling that Quinn is going to be an amazing NFL player .
      I understand he's not a 290 pound bruiser , and I get it that there will probably be a learning curve for him to adjust to 3 - 4 Linebacker duties i.e. dropping into the ocasional coverage ...

I don't care .

I want to see him wearing red white n blue n silver .

I 'd be happy to see BB do the above mock trade SD / Detroit deal .

I think Quinn is a special player with the kind of lightning first step and gravity defying agility that comes along only once in a blue moon ( baby blue )

NOTE : His pro day just went down and he looked frig'gin good to go .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Brooks Reed visits the Patriots

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I have been touting Pouncey for quite awhile but I've been reading all of the prior posts and I didn't take BB's smoke screens into account,so here's my guess as to who he drafts at #17 Adrian Clayboirne from Iowa....I know last year he had nothing but praise for him but this year not a peep...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : seattle (or someone), take  detroit. i dont know if they want costanzo or carimi. by the way , 73, at least i am seeing this before its done.- a huge improvement!  so  i think your goal to include the west coast this time was successful. at night. i dont get to this board  till at least 9pm pacific usually (12 am est) and i am often reading it at 2 aM  pacific time (5 am)  so you early risers out there might have someone to chat with if you post something.
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

okay...i actually don't know why det would trade down. i really think that ahving quinn next to suh would be a very compelling idea for them.

however, with the board at hand, her's what i think.

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=31e6bb9e2e306444e9097fa5ce2394f1&plckUserId=31e6bb9e2e306444e9097fa5ce2394f1">
    First: 3/4/2010
    Last: 4/1/2011
    Assnd Pick
    Assnd TeamTraded PicksTeam SelectingPlayerPositionPosted By
    1CarNoneCarBlaine GabbertQBNYPatsFan12
    2DenNoneDenMarcell DareusDTpats7393
    3BufNoneBuf Cam Newton QB PatsEng 
    4CinNoneCinJulio JonesWRmbeaulieu07
    5AriNoneAriVon MillerDE/OLBLow
    6CleNoneCleA J GreenWRTrustBill
    7SFNoneSFPrince AmukamaraCBSeattlePat70
    8Ten None Ten Patrick Peterson CB pats7393
    9Dal None Dal Tyron Smith LB Rocky
    10Was NoneWasJJ WattDEPatsLifer
    11Hou None Hou Cameron Jordan DE Low
    12Min None Min Ryan Mallet QB TrustBill
    13Det 18, 82 SD Robert Quinn OLB pats7393
    14StL NoneSTLAldon SmithOLBPatsLifer
    15Mia none MIAChristian Ponder QB Natesubs
    16Jac None Jac Nick Fairly DT CaptFox
    17NENoneNEDa'Quan BowersDEAsher77
    18SD 13 Det Ryan Kerrigan
     DE SeattlePat70
    19NYG     
    20TB     
    21KC     
    22Ind     
    23Phi     
    24NO     
    25Sea     
    26Bal     
    27Atl     
    28NE     
    29Chi     
    30NYJ     
    31Pit     
    32GB     
    sorry, guys. i messed up the board again. is it because i am using an apple?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

QUESTION:
      very intersting New Nfl Draft has a newmock today with jordan being taken by
    us a pick before sd takes watt.

what i want to know:
    at this moment what do you all think of watt vs jordan for us and why?

they give us jordan at 17 and aldon smith at 28 (crazy)
    but a first round i can live with.

next 2 picks o line.

then whatever to shore up

rb's, wr, def backfield.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Assnd Pick
    18SD 13 Det Ryan Kerrigan
     DE SeattlePat70
    19NYG none nyg mike pouncey
     c/g brdbreu
    20TB     
    21KC     
    22Ind     
    23Phi     
    24NO     
    25Sea     
    26Bal     
    27Atl     
    28NE     
    29Chi     
    30NYJ     
    31Pit     
    32GB 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=31e6bb9e2e306444e9097fa5ce2394f1&plckUserId=31e6bb9e2e306444e9097fa5ce2394f1">

Assnd Pick
    18SD 13 Det ryan kerrigan
     de/olb asher 77
     c/g brdbreu
    20TB     
    21KC     
    22Ind     
    23Phi     
    24NO     
    25Sea     
    26Bal     
    27Atl     
    28NE     
    29Chi     
    30NYJ     
    31Pit     
    32GB 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

I think the Det trade was with the idea they were looking to keep Stafford alive for a first option. In this case the two best avail seem to be Carimi, Costanzo and there was a good chance one or both would still be there at 18. I do not know how many wholes Det line has or the positions along it with the most need but from the issues they had I bet they could upgrade multiple slots. In this case maybe they are better off trading down a second time and seeing if they can turn 13 into multiple picks from the second tier of options. Solder, Watkins, Hudson ect..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : who is going to be their quarterback this year? can they afford to wait to the second round and hope they get one or hope they do in fa. or do they try and stink it up with no starting qb so they can be in the  andrew luck sweepstakes?

I believe Colt is their guy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I went to bed thinking this live mock draft was starting to go weird and woke up to see this?

Det trading back for what would make sense wanting a T and not taking Quinn and then taking Kerrigan?

Us taking Bowers? I don't think he'd fall that far but even if he did I don't think the Pats would take him. He had 1 good season, coming off major knee injury, and has a list of red flags off the field. Even if he fell it seems like a player the Pats wouldn't poke with a 20ft pole.

Jordan and Watt being taken before Fairley?

And a T converting to LB.

Those are some pretty interesting choices. I think I'll pass for the rest of the round and wait for the second round.

BTW Pats7393 nice trade I was actually thinking could happen but  was thinking they would target Bowers or Fairley depending on who fell.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : i saw something like that on von miller in the past 2 days. you guys are talking about jones right?

Patrick Peterson.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

Assnd Pick
    18SD 13 Det ryan kerrigan
     de/olb asher 77
     c/g brdbreu
    20TB None TB Gabe Carimi OT NYPatsFan12
    21KC     
    22Ind     
    23Phi     
    24NO     
    25Sea     
    26Bal     
    27Atl     
    28NE     
    29Chi     
    30NYJ     
    31Pit     
    32GB 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Assnd PickAssnd TeamTraded PicksTeam SelectingPlayerPositionPosted By
    18SD 13 Det ryan kerrigan de/olb asher 77
    19NYG none nyg mike pouncey c/g brdbreu
    21KC NoneKCPhil TaylorNTPatsLifer
    22Ind     
    23Phi     
    24NO     
    25Sea     
    26Bal     
    27Atl     
    28NE     
    29Chi     
    30NYJ     
    31Pit     
    32GB     

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]Pioli scores himself the best pure 34 NT prospect in this class.  He and BB also got VW at 21 back in 2004. Assnd Pick Assnd Team Traded Picks Team Selecting Player Position Posted By 1 Car None Car Blaine Gabbert QB NYPatsFan12 2 Den None Den Marcell Dareus DT pats7393 3 Buf None Buf  Cam Newton  QB  PatsEng  4 Cin None Cin Julio Jones WR mbeaulieu07 5 Ari None Ari Von Miller DE/OLB Low 6 Cle None Cle A J Green WR TrustBill 7 SF None SF Prince Amukamara CB SeattlePat70 8 Ten  None  Ten  Patrick Peterson  CB  pats7393 9 Dal  None  Dal  Tyron Smith  LB  Rocky 10 Was  None Was JJ Watt DE PatsLifer 11 Hou  None  Hou  Cameron Jordan  DE  Low 12 Min  None  Min  Ryan Mallet  QB  TrustBill 13 Det  18, 82  SD  Robert Quinn  OLB  pats7393 14 StL  None STL Aldon Smith OLB PatsLifer 15 Mia  none  MIA Christian Ponder  QB  Natesubs 16 Jac  None  Jac  Nick Fairly  DT  CaptFox 17 NE None NE Da'Quan Bowers DE Asher77 18 SD  13  Det  ryan kerrigan  de/olb  asher 77 19 NYG  none  nyg  mike pouncey  c/g  brdbreu 20 TB  None  TB  Gabe Carimi  OT  NYPatsFan12 21 KC  None KC Phil Taylor DT mbeaulieu07 22 Ind           23 Phi           24 NO           25 Sea           26 Bal           27 Atl           28 NE           29 Chi           30 NYJ           31 Pit           32 GB          
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Looks like we agree on this pick. I think it's actually a no brainer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

21KC NoneKCPhil TaylorDTmbeaulieu07
    22Ind NoneINDNate SolderOTPatsLifer
    23Phi     
    24NO     
    25Sea     
    26Bal     
    27Atl     
    28NE     
    29Chi     
    30NYJ     
    31Pit     
    32GB     

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : Looks like we agree on this pick. I think it's actually a no brainer.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Ha, yep.  Just deleted mine, but I saw that you added Solder and moved Taylor over to my name, works for me!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Guess everyone went to sleep last night but looking at it I went right to miami and Ponder, that one surpriced me.  Not good for the Pats, if the 2nd QB run (aside gabbert and newton) doesn't start until end of 1st and beginning of 2nd pick 28 and 33 are gold!  The Pats would make out like bandits

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

23Phi None PhiDanny Watkins OG pats7393
    24NO     
    25Sea     
    26Bal     
    27Atl     
    28NE     
    29Chi     
    30NYJ     
    31Pit     
    32GB     

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Bowers to NE?  Well he's more talented IMO than Clayborn, he would be that elephant OLB everyone seems to want. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

23Phi None PhiDanny Watkins OG pats7393
    24NO none NO Mark Ingram
     RB natesubs
    25Sea     
    26Bal     
    27Atl     
    28NE     
    29Chi     
    30NYJ     
    31Pit     
    32GB     

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]I went to bed thinking this live mock draft was starting to go weird and woke up to see this? Det trading back for what would make sense wanting a T and not taking Quinn and then taking Kerrigan? Us taking Bowers? I don't think he'd fall that far but even if he did I don't think the Pats would take him. He had 1 good season, coming off major knee injury, and has a list of red flags off the field. Even if he fell it seems like a player the Pats wouldn't poke with a 20ft pole. Jordan and Watt being taken before Fairley? And a T converting to LB. Those are some pretty interesting choices. I think I'll pass for the rest of the round and wait for the second round. BTW Pats7393 nice trade I was actually thinking could happen but  was thinking they would target Bowers or Fairley depending on who fell.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

That trade makes a ton of sense for Det if they had taken a OT which was the intent.

Sections
Shortcuts