2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK***

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK***:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : Things are good man, almost draft day! Sure, below is my thinking around the most recent changes. For players that were added: Smith has the obvious upside and couple provide an immediate jolt to the pass rush. Gilchrist and Williams represent a lot of positional versatility while Johnson looks like a physical mid-late round kid that could bring leadership and toughness. Gates is a bigger than Robinson and also offers the deep speed, Harris is a good sized, high character kid with some good versatlity and RAC ability and Pettis is a big kid with great hands that could provide immediate value as a possession receiver and in the red-zone. Solder is the big, long and athletic kid that Scar could turn into an All-Pro player while Hudson is a kid that I'm really on the fence with.  He looks like a smart, high character kid with good technique and versatilty, but I've seen it reported that his playing weight was around 275, at the direction of Rick Trickett (info courtesy of Pro Football Weekly), so there are questions about his ability to maintain and play with the 299 weight and be strong enough at the POA at the NFL level. Aldon Smith- OLB/DE *NEW* Marcus Gilchrist- CB/S- Clemson *NEW* Jeron Johnson- S- Boise State *NEW* Aaron Williams- CB/S- Texas *NEW*  Edmond Gates- WR- Abilene Christian *NEW* Dwayne Harris- WR- East Carolina *NEW* Austin Pettis- WR- Boise State *NEW* Nate Solder- OT- Colorado *NEW* Rodney Hudson- C/OG- Florida State *NEW* For the players that were removed: Silva and Keo are kids that interest me, I just think there are better options on the board.  Patrick projects as a solid zone CB, but there are character questions and the 4.59 isn't ideal. Sheppard doesn't appear to be as physical as his size (6-2 250) would indicate and Wujciak is probably a URFA and projects as a 2 down player at the NFL level. I just prefer Castonzo, Carimi or Solder in the first couple rounds, but Sherrod is a kid that could be added back to the mix.  The draft is top heavy in OT, IMO. Chekwa is an experienced kid that probably projects better as a man CB. Robinson is a kid that I like from a speed perspective, but has also had his character questioned. Maehl is another kid that I like a lot, but though there were kids with a higher upside that should be on the list.  I like him as a Rd 7 - URFA type. Mana Silva- S- Hawaii- *REMOVED 4/23* Shiloh Keo- S- Idaho- *REMOVED 4/23* Johnny Patrick- CB- Louisville- *REMOVED 4/23* Kelvin Sheppard- ILB- LSU- *REMOVED 4/23* Alex Wujciak- ILB- Maryland- *REMOVED 4/23* Derek Sherrod- OT- Miss State- *REMOVED 4/23* Chimdi Chekwa- CB- Ohio State- *REMOVED 4/23* Aldrick Robinson- WR- SMU *REMOVED 4/23* Jeff Maehl- WR- Oregon *REMOVED 4/23*
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Hey mb,
    I really like the addition of Jeron Johnson.  He is a hard hitting, instinctive safety.  I think he's really underrated.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK***:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : Hey mb, I really like the addition of Jeron Johnson.  He is a hard hitting, instinctive safety.  I think he's really underrated.
    Posted by titletownfan[/QUOTE]

Thanks, yessir he is.

Can't remember if it was PatsEng or someone else who has been high on him for sometime.  I researched him, like what I found.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : Thanks, yessir he is. Can't remember if it was PatsEng or someone else who has been high on him for sometime.  I researched him, like what I found.

I remember having him in my first mock of the year, but I backed off of him as I didn't see the need for safety.  Now that i started projecting trades, I found room in the later rounds to take one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED TOP 75***

Also, it looks like we may have a chance to sign some UDFA's, and send our rookies the playbooks.  Who are some potential targets?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED TOP 75***:
    [QUOTE]Also, it looks like we may have a chance to sign some UDFA's, and send our rookies the playbooks.  Who are some potential targets?
    Posted by titletownfan[/QUOTE]

Here are some targets that interest me and I feel could be good fits in Foxboro:

URFA’s / 7th Rounders:

Mike Person- OT/OG
    - Montana State- The next late round/URFA OL for Scar to develop.

Mana Silva- S- Hawaii
    - Good size/speedcombo, 14 INT’s, 169 in career.

Ricky Lumpkin- DL- Kentucky
    - Good size for the 5 (6-4 313).

Jeff Tarpinian- LB- Iowa
    - Could be a stud special teamer.

Noel Devine- LB- WVU
    - Tough kid, ultra productive, excellent speed and quicks, tiny frame (5-7 179)

Shane Bannon- FB- Yale
    - BB loves big, tough and smart, kids.

Karl Klug- DE/OLB- Iowa
    - Tweener with a huge motor and good program pedigree.

Julian Vandervelde- OG- Iowa
    - Notice a theme.

Justin Trattou- DE/OLB- Florida
    - BB loves Florida kids.

Alex Wujciak- ILB- Maryland
    - A big thumper in the middle for their 34.

Darrin Walls- CB- Notre Dame
    - Good combo of size, speed and COD.

Preston Dial- TE/FB- Alabama
    - Tough kid, could provide value as FB or H-back.

Lee Smith- TE- Marshall- Very good size, solid in-line blocker.

Jeff Maehl- WR- Oregon
    - Very good short area quicks, high character, productive against top competition.

Kealoha Pilares- WR- Hawaii
    - Tough slot player with good speed and quicks.

"Do your job and be physical and you'll be champions again

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED TOP 75*** : Here are some targets that interest me and I feel could be good fits in Foxboro: URFA’s / 7th Rounders: Mike Person- OT/OG - Montana State - The next late round/URFA OL for Scar to develop. Mana Silva- S- Hawaii - Good size/speedcombo, 14 INT’s, 169 in career. Ricky Lumpkin- DL- Kentucky - Good size for the 5 (6-4 313). Jeff Tarpinian- LB- Iowa - Could be a stud special teamer. Noel Devine- LB- WVU - Tough kid, ultra productive, excellent speed and quicks, tiny frame (5-7 179) Shane Bannon- FB- Yale - BB loves big, tough and smart, kids. Karl Klug- DE/OLB- Iowa - Tweener with a huge motor and good program pedigree. Julian Vandervelde- OG- Iowa - Notice a theme. Justin Trattou- DE/OLB- Florida - BB loves Florida kids. Alex Wujciak- ILB- Maryland - A big thumper in the middle for their 34. Darrin Walls- CB- Notre Dame - Good combo of size, speed and COD. Preston Dial- TE/FB- Alabama - Tough kid, could provide value as FB or H-back. Lee Smith- TE- Marshall - Very good size, solid in-line blocker. Jeff Maehl- WR- Oregon - Very good short area quicks, high character, productive against top competition. Kealoha Pilares- WR- Hawaii - Tough slot player with good speed and quicks. "Do your job and be physical and you'll be champions again

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

I ask of

mbeaulieu07

. I have not followed all the 5-6K theads of this post ( I usually go to last and read 3 back), but I value your insight as it is more specific to the Pats and probably more accurate than the TV  and media talking heads.

I like the possibility of Danny Watkins OG for the 28 pick , but just heard he is 27 years old.  I aologize if this was discussed before .. but does this effect his possibilty of being picked by the Pats .. would he be available later.

I hear that BB does'nt like giving 3rd contracts ( ie; 30+ age) so does this present a problem since his second would be like a 3rd?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]I ask of mbeaulieu07 . I have not followed all the 5-6K theads of this post ( I usually go to last and read 3 back), but I value your insight as it is more specific to the Pats and probably more accurate than the TV  and media talking heads. I like the possibility of Danny Watkins OG for the 28 pick , but just heard he is 27 years old.  I aologize if this was discussed before .. but does this effect his possibilty of being picked by the Pats .. would he be available later. I hear that BB does'nt like giving 3rd contracts ( ie; 30+ age) so does this present a problem since his second would be like a 3rd?
    Posted by mgraham[/QUOTE]

mg,
    Thanks.  Watkins is an older prospect (will turn 27 november 6th), but his tread life as it relates to football is relatively fresh (started playing 4 years ago, I belive), so he could potentially play further into his 30's than most due to a lack of wear and tear. 

From a team fit standpoint, he's perfect for NE IMO as he's a tough, smart, versatile OL that will hit you in the mouth that could provide value at 4, maybe all 5 OL positions, though he projects as an OG at the NFL level.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sydpat. Show sydpat's posts

Faucet

One comment from me. BB discussed availability of "hybrid' DE's to LB's and difficulty in choosing them. Says there is a good crop this year. Bluff? Don't know, who does.

Think the Pats first pick depends on what teams following think the other teams will do.

Miami (15) running back or LB? Jacksonville, Pats and San Diego may all be in line for Kerrigan, Watt or Jordan.

Who is going to trade up or play the bluff between picks 15 and 18 for their man?

What do you think? This is where it will be decided if BB trades down or not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

whichever team drafts Mallett will get an "A" from me in their draft grade. best QB in the draft. the only one i'd be comfortable with day 1.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]Faucet One comment from me. BB discussed availability of "hybrid' DE's to LB's and difficulty in choosing them. Says there is a good crop this year. Bluff? Don't know, who does. Think the Pats first pick depends on what teams following think the other teams will do. Miami (15) running back or LB? Jacksonville, Pats and San Diego may all be in line for Kerrigan, Watt or Jordan. Who is going to trade up or play the bluff between picks 15 and 18 for their man? What do you think? This is where it will be decided if BB trades down or not.
    Posted by sydpat[/QUOTE]
    BB has never taken a hybrid before the third round but there is always a first time.  BB inherited Willie McGinest and he was taken very high, #4 overall, and BB loved him.  I have to think BB will love Kerrigan as a player and person but this doesn't mean he thinks Kerrigan can play standing up.  Kerrigan or Reed would not surprise me but I would think Watt/Jordan/Heyward have to rank pretty high on his list too.  BB has a much stronger history of drafted DL early on. 

I also feel OL has to be an area BB will address early as the need is greatest at OL and BB also commented about quality and depth at the position.  The dark horse choice is Mark Ingram because of the Saban connection and the fact that BB values a strong run game.  But Ingram would be a long shot and pretty big surprise to me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportslover21. Show sportslover21's posts

Hey Guys,

I brought my updated rankings, positional rankings, top Pats prospects a few days ago along with my mock draft. Now I bring another Full 2 round updated draft with a full Patriots draft. I will also be posting more then just my own mocks and stuff the next few days and contribute more on the different topics. Here we go!

6 Trades

New England Trades #17, #60 – Washington Trades #10

Chicago Trades #29, #93 – Kansas City Trades #21

Tennessee #39,#77 – Seattle Trades #25

Buffalo Trades #34, #100, #169 – Atlanta Trades #27

New England Trades #28 – Washington Trades #41, 2012 1st

New England Trades #33 – Minnesota Trades #43, #150, 2012 3rd

Round 1

1.       Carolina Panthers – Cameron Newton, QB, Auburn

2.       Denver Broncos – Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama

3.       Buffalo Bills – Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M

4.       Cincinnati Bengals –  A.J. Green, WR, Georgia

5.       Arizona Cardinals – Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU

6.       Cleveland Browns – Julio Jones, WR, Alabama

7.       San Francisco 49ers – Robert Quinn, DE/LB, North Carolina

8.       Tennessee Titans – Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri

9.       Dallas Cowboys – J.J Watt, DE, Wisconsin

10.   New England Patriots (f/WSH) – Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska

11.   Houston Texans – Ryan Kerrigan, OLB, Purdue

12.   Minnesota Vikings – Da’Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson

13.   Detroit Lions – Tyron Smith, OT, Southern California

14.   St. Louis Rams – Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois

15.   Miami Dolphins – Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida

16.   Jacksonville Jaguars – Andy Dalton, QB, TCU

17.   Washington Redskins (f/OAK via NE) – Aldon Smith, DE/LB, Missouri

18.   San Diego Chargers – Cameron Jordan, DE, California

19.   New York Giants – Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College

20.   Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa

21.   Chicago Bears (f/KC) – Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin

22.   Indianapolis Colts – Nate Solder, OT, Colorado

23.   Philadelphia Eagles – Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado

24.   New Orleans Saints – Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State

25.   Tennessee Titans (f/SEA) – Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn

26.   Baltimore Ravens – Muhammed Wilkerson, DE, Temple

27.   Buffalo Bills (f/ATL) – Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State

28.   Washington Redskins (f/NE) – Jake Locker, QB, Washington

29.   Kansas City Chiefs (f/CHI) – Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor

30.   New York Jets – Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA

31.   Pittsburgh Steelers – Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor

32.   Green Bay Packers – Aaron Williams, CB/S, Texas

Round 2

1.    Minnesota Vikings (f/NE) – Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
    2.    Atlanta Falcons (f/BUF) – Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
    3.    Cincinnati Bengals – Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina
    4.    Denver Broncos – Rahim Moore, S, UCLA
    5.    Cleveland Browns – Justin Houston, DE, Georgia
    6.    Arizona Cardinals – Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
    7.    Seattle Seahawks (f/TEN) – Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
    8.    Dallas Cowboys – Ben Ijalana, OT, Villanova
    9.    New England Patriots (f/WSH) – Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona
    10.  Houston Texans – Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia Tech
    11.  New England Patriots (f/MIN) – Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
    12.  Detroit Lions – Brandon Harris, CB, Miami (FL)
    13.  San Francisco 49ers – Ricky Stanzi, QB, Iowa
    14.  Denver Broncos – Christian Ballard, DT, Iowa
    15.  St. Louis Rams – Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
    16.  Oakland Raiders – Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
    17.  Jacksonville Jaguars – Ryan Jones, CB, Northwest Missouri State
    18.  San Diego Chargers – Martez Wilson, ILB/OLB, Illinois
    19.  Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Brandon Burton, CB, Utah
    20.  New York Giants – Mikel LeShoure, RB, Illinois
    21.  Indianapolis Colts – Jarvis Jenkins, DT, Clemson
    22.  Philadelphia Eagles – Orlando Franklin, OT, Miami (FL)
    23.  Kansas City Chiefs – James Carpenter, OT/G, Alabama
    24.  New Orleans Saints – Ryan Williams, RB, Virginia Tech
    25.  Seattle Seahawks – Johnny Patrick, CB, Louisville
    26.  Baltimore Ravens – Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
    27.  Atlanta Falcons – Allen Bailey, DE, Miami (FL)
    28.  Washington Redskins (f/NE) – Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami (FL)
    29.  San Diego Chargers – Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky
    30.  Chicago Bears – Stefen Wisniewski, OG/C, Penn State
    31.  Pittsburgh Steelers – Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida
    32.  Green Bay Packers – Sam Acho, DE/LB, Texas

Patriots Picks
    #10 - CB Prince Amukamara, Nebraska
    #41 - OLB Brooks Reed, Arizona
    #43 - RB Mark Ingram, Alabama
    #74 - OG Rodney Hudson, Florida State
    #92 - WR Greg Little, North Carolina
    #125 - OG John Moffitt, Wisconsin
    #150 - OLB Greg Romeus, Pittsburgh
    #159 - S Ahmad Black, Florida
    #193 - QB Greg McElroy, Alabama
    2012 1st (WSH)
    2012 3rd (MIN)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Critter23. Show Critter23's posts

KyleC, respect all your posts and ideas but respectfully disagree on Mallett and I will predict here he will be a bust.  Did not like what I saw in Gruden interview or workout.  Posted on this a day or two ago.  Not honest, mature, or in good shape--or smart in my opinion.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

wow, I really like sportslovers draft until I realized there was neither a DE or OT in there, and those are the two positions I feel we need the most help. I suppose he is counting on Light coming back and picking  an OT in 2012. And maybe he has an eye on a FA defensive end. But protecting Brady and getting to the opposition QB has to be the two primary areas of concern.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

we'reslowing down guys. it sthe home stretch. where is everybody. where all the prolific regulars? couple days left. lets insert soem energy!
    players winningidgood for practice and football games; butif they win too much, could threeaten draft. would seem to defeat the very place their bread is buttered. high stakes game both are playing.

have you seen curran loves jordan; thinks he will be next willie mac.
    some still sware by wilkerson.

i still want one of quinn, smith, kerrigan and of jordan, watt heyward and a t and g with some toughness and ability.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportslover21. Show sportslover21's posts

There is no DE or no OT. But I did grab 2 OG (Hudson our future center) in this draft which is two areas I think we needed help at. I think Light does come back on a 2 Year deal worth around 12M, I'd say. Which allows us to hold off on the OT need for a while. As for the DE, I think that 2 OLB along with a Top 5 player in the draft being a CB is more then enough to improve this defense. We have a great rotation on the defensive line that can continue and now a pass rush from the second level, and one of the best young secondaries in the league, if not the best.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

This is my last complete first round (to 33) mock without any trades.  I think there will be a few surprices in the 10 top. 

PickTeamPlayerPosit.
    1CarMarcell DariusDT
    2DenNick FairleyDT
    3BufPatrick PetersonCB
    4CinJulio JonesWR
    5AriVon MillerOLB
    6CleA.J. GreenWR
    7SFPrince AmukamaraCB
    8TenCam NewtonQB
    9DalTyron SmithOT
    10WasBlaine GabbertQB
    11HouAldon SmithOLB
    12MinJake LockerQB
    13DetJimmy SmithCB
    14StLRobert QuinnDE
    15MiaMike PounceyC/OG
    16JacRyan KerriganDE
    17NEJ.J. WattDE
    18SDCam JordanDE
    19NYGAnthony CastonzoOT
    20TBDa'Quan BowersDE
    21KCPhil TaylorNT
    22IndGabe CarimiOT
    23PhiNate SolderOT
    24NOCorey LuigetDT
    25SeaDanny WatkinsRT/OG
    26BalBrandon HarrisCB
    27AtlAdrian ClaybornDE
    28NEDerek SherrodOT
    29ChiMarvin AustinDT
    30NYJCameron HeywardDE
    31PitMuhammad WilkersonDE
    32GBMark IngramRB
    33NEBrooks ReedOLB

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]KyleC, respect all your posts and ideas but respectfully disagree on Mallett and I will predict here he will be a bust.  Did not like what I saw in Gruden interview or workout.  Posted on this a day or two ago.  Not honest, mature, or in good shape--or smart in my opinion.
    Posted by Critter23[/QUOTE]

I saw that interview and this is what I came out with.  The guy is very immature and really disrespected Gruden with his body language.  I don't think he really cared what  Gruden was trying to tell him.  I can see a situation where the Raiders who need a QB for the future can take a chance on the big arm.  Maybe in the 2nd round.

I think the guy will be out of the league in 2 years, a few arrests for DUI and possession, too tough on that kid?  Maybe.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED 2/19 w/ PRE-COMBINE MOCK*** : Thanks, yessir he is. Can't remember if it was PatsEng or someone else who has been high on him for sometime.  I researched him, like what I found.

Yeah that was me some 5000+ posts ago

I've been up and down on some of the safeties this year. Such as Sands which you brought to my attention, but he's so stiff I wonder if he'd make a better LB/S hybrid then a pure S at this point. Keo has great instincts and quick feet but his 40 is so slow I'd be worried to have him at FS truthfully.

Right now I'm high on Sash since I think he has the coverage ability to flex over to FS but can also hit the line to stuff the run.

But, Johnson is one guy I've always been high on. He is a very instinctual smart S who makes great cuts and will hit a runner hard. I'd have concern if he could cover a Hernandez type but if he has to cover to prototypical TE, RB, or possession WR I think he'd have no trouble. He might take a year or 2 to develop though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Steve Smith cleared out his Panthers locker and personal suite just prior to the lockout.

Smith is expected to be available for trade following the draft, and it wouldn't be surprising if he's already asked GM Marty Hurney to move him. Turning 32 next month, Smith knows he's not going to any Super Bowls as a member of the Panthers. Speculation has the Patriots interested, once trades are allowed.
    Apr 25, 6:12 PM

what's he worth?  If trades are open for business by draft day 1 he could be had IMO for nothing before a 3rd round.  He's 32, I can see him playing at a high level for a couple of more years.  He won't be asked to be the man here and would find it easier to get open with the multiple weapons NE has.  What better mentor to have for young Price?  I would buy this trade, #92 for Smith

SI's Peter King predicts that Wisconsin DE J.J. Watt will not be the Patriots' pick at No. 17, as so many mock drafts suggest.

"If you’re the Patriots at 17, I look at Mike Pouncey, I look at Cam Jordan, or I look at a trade," says King. "...I just don’t know if the spark, the burst is there, to get rush from a 3-4 end out of (Watt)." Watt was a more productive college player than Jordan, at least last season. There is some feeling, however, that Watt is more Adam Carriker than Aaron Smith.
    Source: WEEI Boston
    Apr 25, 2:51 PM

So Watt according to Peter King is not the real thing?  Interesting thought his motor, strength and college production makes him a safer pick than most.  What did King watch?               

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I would be thrilled with 92 for Smith, but think they want a 2nd rder

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]whichever team drafts Mallett will get an "A" from me in their draft grade. best QB in the draft. the only one i'd be comfortable with day 1.
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]

I think that's what they said about Ryan Leaf too  : p

Funny I see a lot of parelle's between the 2

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]This is my last complete first round (to 33) mock without any trades.  I think there will be a few surprices in the 10 top.  Pick Team Player Posit. 1 Car Marcell Darius DT 2 Den Nick Fairley DT 3 Buf Patrick Peterson CB 4 Cin Julio Jones WR 5 Ari Von Miller OLB 6 Cle A.J. Green WR 7 SF Prince Amukamara CB 8 Ten Cam Newton QB 9 Dal Tyron Smith OT 10 Was Blaine Gabbert QB 11 Hou Aldon Smith OLB 12 Min Jake Locker QB 13 Det Jimmy Smith CB 14 StL Robert Quinn DE 15 Mia Mike Pouncey C/OG 16 Jac Ryan Kerrigan DE 17 NE J.J. Watt DE 18 SD Cam Jordan DE 19 NYG Anthony Castonzo OT 20 TB Da'Quan Bowers DE 21 KC Phil Taylor NT 22 Ind Gabe Carimi OT 23 Phi Nate Solder OT 24 NO Corey Luiget DT 25 Sea Danny Watkins RT/OG 26 Bal Brandon Harris CB 27 Atl Adrian Clayborn DE 28 NE Derek Sherrod OT 29 Chi Marvin Austin DT 30 NYJ Cameron Heyward DE 31 Pit Muhammad Wilkerson DE 32 GB Mark Ingram RB 33 NE Brooks Reed OLB
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]
    If we came away with Watt and Sherrod the first day I would feel pretty darn good with that haul.  That would be the best I could hope for if we stay put.

Chances are we are moving down with one or both picks.  I think if Watt, Jordan or Pouncey are there at 17 we would pull the trigger on one of them and stay put at 17.  If all three are gone, we will try to trade down or take an OT like Carimi, Castonzo or Solder.  I think BB probably likes Solder the most given his size and athletic abilities.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED TOP 75*** : If we came away with Watt and Sherrod the first day I would feel pretty darn good with that haul.  That would be the best I could hope for if we stay put. Chances are we are moving down with one or both picks.  I think if Watt, Jordan or Pouncey are there at 17 we would pull the trigger on one of them and stay put at 17.  If all three are gone, we will try to trade down or take an OT like Carimi, Castonzo or Solder.  I think BB probably likes Solder the most given his size and athletic abilities.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

I also don't think 17, 28, 33 are actually used on a player all three I think will be used to gain more picks.  I got a couple of scenarios that could have Watt falling a bit if SD decides to move up to grab Quinn or Jordan if they are sold on those two.

I think the Jax are all over Kerrigan, IMO he's a perfect fit for what they want from their DE.  If Watt is left at 17 and SD traded up then you have (say they traded with MN)
    MN Locker/Luiget,
    NYG OT Castonzo/Carimi,
    TB they can go a number of ways now also including a look at Jimmy Smith, so for TB Smith, Bowers, Clayborn, Carimi/Castonzo
    KC they need a NT, Phil Taylor I think is 90% a lock to them
    Ind best OL available
    Philly Best OT available, CB is a need for them also
    NO, this is where I think the Pats could see Watt been taken.  They need both a DT and DE, Watt can be moved around.  But they also don't have a ton of picks to give them some flexibility 1 1st, 1 2nd, 2 3rd and 2 7th they might want to trade down and get marvin austin, Heyward.  So if the Pats trade down they'll need to do so with confidence NO won't take Watt.

I can see what falling if the stars align, SD is the wild card.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]whichever team drafts Mallett will get an "A" from me in their draft grade. best QB in the draft. the only one i'd be comfortable with day 1.
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]

From a pure passing standpoint, he's probably a top 2 QB in this class (Gabbert being the other), factor in his off the field red flags and I wouldn't touch him.