2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***

*Vereen

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

I'd seek out one of the teams that just drafted a rookie Qb and offer them our 3rd rounder for their 2nd ( If it was Carolina - I'd even through in an extra 6th )

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

Watch the steelers Draft Houston while we are here bleeding dry..........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Daniel Thomas huh. That plus Pouncey means they are going to continue to try and hand the ball off through the AFC East. Lol.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

dont wanna get accused of not being a "real fan"...so i will just walk away SMFH...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

So far a:

T which fills a need
    CB who might be a 3rd cb in sub packages or moving Bodden to FS?
    RB who might be a change of pace back or a 3 down back hard to tell right now
    Most likely a late 1st round pick next year

Interesting draft so far but given that the Pats haven't hit on a 3rd rounder or actually any late picks except for Hernandez lately trading back and only getting 1 extra pick next year makes no sense to me right now. Sigh this is looking closer to the average 09 draft then the great 10 draft right now

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***:
    In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : No offense but how many teams were 14-2 last year?  We have a ton of players set to be F/A next year.  Here's the list.  7 starters here. Brandon Meriweather SS 2011   $   1,737,280 Alge Crumpler TE 2011   $   2,007,280 Deion Branch WR 2011   James Sanders FS 2011   $   2,987,280 Jonathan Wilhite CB 2011   Dan Koppen C 2011   $   5,007,280 Matt Slater WR 2011   Rob Ninkovich OLB 2011   Mark Levoir OT 2011   Dan Connolly OG 2011   Gary Guyton ILB 2011   Brian Hoyer QB 2011   Kyle Love DL 2011   Wes Welker WR 2011   $   4,232,280
    Posted by Faucetman

It doesnt matter they were 14-2. There is no physical DE's and LB's on this team. That is what seperates us from the Steelers, Ravens and Packers.  Watch what the Steelers D did to Sanchez in the playoffs. That is what the Pats USED to do. Everyone knew what the immediate needs were, a DE or OLB.  The Steelers drafted   a very good player in the 1st round. You don't think the Steelers know a thing or two about great linebackers?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

Vereen is OK ... but I'd take DeMarco Murray over him any day.
    Posted by CanadianPat

you are so right that guy is xplosive!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Franco Harris! Well ... a slightly bemused Franco Harris, lol. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Hey, I live and breathe the Patriots. I love the draft and look forward to it every year. I'm sure when the dust settles we'll be alright but, watching the draft is now becoming a major bummer to watch. Trade down, trade down, down...down....down. I mean, I get it BB.....but, as a fan watching it?

I can't even eat supper yet. It's so hugely anti-climatic. We'll all be talking about how may picks we have "next year" but, let's not forget this draft going on now. We'll turn 2 1st rounders and whatever amount of 2nd rounders into more picks for 2013 and end up picking one in the first, one in the second and maybe 2 in the third....as we move down. 

I trust BB yes but, this just isn't as much fun as it used to be. I'm wondering if maybe BB has gone to the honey jar too many times. Yeah, we got Brady at 199 but, dear God, I'd love to see a Cam Jordan or Wilkerson on this team. We've never addressed the loss of McGinest or Seymour IMO. 

This is not so much a complaint about the picks as it is about how boring it's getting for us to watch as we see great players go to other teams. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Well, so far so good I guess. Sam Acho and Justin Houston are still avalable. So is Leonard Hankerson and Moffit. Houston at 73, Moffit at 74?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

Damn Greenbay just got rndall Cobbs damn it damn it damn it

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : It doesnt matter they were 14-2. There is no physical DE's and LB's on this team. That is what seperates us from the Steelers, Ravens and Packers.  Watch what the Steelers D did to Sanchez in the playoffs. That is what the Pats USED to do. Everyone knew what the immediate needs were, a DE or OLB.  The Steelers drafted   a very good player in the 1st round. You don't think the Steelers know a thing or two about great linebackers?
    Posted by Spetznaz24

They are waaaay better at evaluating that position than NE. That is for durn sure. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Well, so far so good I guess. Sam Acho and Justin Houston are still avalable. So is Leonard Hankerson and Moffit. Houston at 73, Moffit at 74?
    Posted by GadisRKO

and will rackley and martez wilson

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Houston ...we have a problem .

Looks like Justins injury ( brain ) is causing him to drop

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : and will rackley and martez wilson
    Posted by KyleCleric2

forgot about those two.

We can still address Pass rush, but I have sinking feeling that we will trade either pick for a second next year. I hope my stomach is wrong and we will pick two pass rushers at 73 and 74. Or at the very least, one pass rusher.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

I maintain my sanity by focussing how BB weaves around the draft board, the strategy, the risks, etc. Try it, it may be theraputic.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : "Hi." "Shawn? Oh yeah ...  I hadn't heard my own name in a long time. I guess that is me."
    Posted by zbellino

Crable got his old job back cleaning up after ball games at Michigan stadium.  He took the job away from Pierre Woods for awhile.  Not sure who has the job now.  Maybe Rudy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

So we may not have COBB ...

but we have BRADON TATE !!!!

( yes ~ Im being facetious )

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriot-fan-74. Show patriot-fan-74's posts

damn the Packers got Cobb

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

Patriots are doing just fine with the draft. Someone said earlier
    draft is the biggest crap shoot. BB is not a gambler he believes in his system.
    All we need are basically talented players that will play and respect the
    system. I think we are going to draft a bunch of defensive players in the later
    rounds and I bet one of them is going to work out just fine as a pass rusher.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Shame on NFL GMs for allowing Green Bay to add Randall Cobb at pick 64

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

I really like this kid even more now...

Shane vereen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dvWWytpmNc

Sections
Shortcuts