2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***

THAT'S IT WE ARE DONE.  Traded 92 and 4th to Oakland. The Miser stashes some more for 2012, then 2013, then 2014

The only d-man drafted was a Corner. I guess Ras and Devin are going to be so good that we will not have to pressure the opposing QBs.

TBC and Ronny B must be the happiest men in the world tonight ....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : That's the only pick i don't get right now.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

Maybe he thinks he competes?  BB always liked RBs like him.

Ridley never loses yardage ... I can say that. He puts his head down and goes. But he isn't running away from anyone in the NFL, and unlike Ingram ... he doesn't really have 'moves.'

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

2 5ths and a sixth.

Romeus and Herzlich tommorow, please and thank you.

Im hoping for the best but this draft makes little sense to me. BB must have a ton of faith in Cunningham.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Making those trades to do the same thing next year folks. We'll marvel at all the picks and see the same thing next year. 

Mallett could prove to be a huge distraction to this team. I hope not. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : go to bed PINK HAT
    Posted by BradyHasMoreRings[/QUOTE]

Hey Faaaaa-ggg why dont u explain to us pink hats what did you like about this draft? how are we gonna get to the QB next year?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

73 and 74, we could have had Moffit and Hankerson, two good players at two need positions.

I'll take Ridley but I don't get us picking Mallett, at all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Hey Faaaaa-ggg why dont u explain to us pink hats what did you like about this draft? how are we gonna get to the QB next year?
    Posted by Outkast1978[/QUOTE]

PINK HAT

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

OK so time to take stock

Most would agree we need another DE that's not a JAG
    We needed a G since Neal retired and Mankins doesn't look to resign anytime soon
    We needed a pass rusher since we had a record worst 3rd down conversion rate in the league

What we got was a potential pro-bowl T (good pick), a often injured CB, a rb that could be a 3 downback (actually not to bad here), a short yard back that might have become a UDFA, and a QB that had so many off field concerns that he went from being a potential top 10 pick to the middle of the 3rd who might not even see a snap in the league if he can't clean his act up.

Oh but I forgot we also get a late 1st next year and a 2nd too. Yeah looks like last year was the abnormality given 06-09.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ron-Burgandy. Show Ron-Burgandy's posts

No one to rush the QB through this draft but they will fill some pass rush in FA whenever that happens.  Maybe Charles Johnson from Carolina? He may be a little smaller than Pats like but i think he might be a good pickup if available.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

hybrids/OLBs available in the 5th and beyond that can rush maybe get one then

Ugo Chinasa
    Cliff Matthews
    Ricky Elmore
    Jeremy Beal
    Gabe Miller

Mark Herzlich
    Doug Hogue

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

I think the lockout is a Hugh factor in this draft. When and if the season starts, rookies will be behind the 8ball with a steep learning curve, (not so steep for RBs). Returning veterans will have a hugh leg up, and, all other things being equal, will be more valuable than untested, learn-cramming rookies. BB is saving chips for 2012.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : I do, the guy is productive ran same time Ingram did.  Ran over people in the SEC and they go him in the 3rd round.  He's also good in pass protection. I like him but I had a late 4th round on him.
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

Obviously I will be checking him out and digging into his career.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Obviously I will be checking him out and digging into his career.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

not much of a career, he had quiet numbers until 2010 when he took over in that program.  their passing game, well lack their off created big opportunities for this kid to carry the ball hard.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Well I trust in BB. However its very hard to come out of this draft feeling good. With all the ammo we had we did NOTHING to force the action. A very passive draft. Solder and Dowling are good picks. Vereen and Ridley I think were reaches that may or may not even play. Like it or not Mallet was a very good pick. he will learn behind Brady for 2-3 years then be flipped for #1 pick (if he doesn't become Bradys successor). The only problem I have with that pick is it takes up a roster spot as now we gotta carry 3 QB's.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : hey bud thought you were going to sleep? stop wasting space on this forum with all your whining and crying. yeah might not be the greatest draft but we still got another day ok. take some midol for the cramps you must be having you little girl and keep all the crying for after the draft ok? thanks
    Posted by APpats21[/QUOTE]

Well Put APpats .....WELL PUT

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

Well, if I keep reading these posts I'll probably need a coil of strong rope and the nearest overhead light fixture, so I am going to head out.

Goodnight all, and it was a pleasure reading your input on the draft today until it got super depressing at the end. ;)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Report: Pats to trade 92 and 4th rounder to Raiders for 2012 2nd. Goodnight, all.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]hybrids/OLBs available in the 5th and beyond that can rush maybe get one then Ugo Chinasa Cliff Matthews Ricky Elmore Jeremy Beal Gabe Miller Mark Herzlich Doug Hogue
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]
    There are a ton of them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Boy Pioli is having a good draft! All the guys we want!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EddieinOregon. Show EddieinOregon's posts

BB Must really like his young LBs and expect a lot more pressure from them this year...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]BB Must really like his young LBs and expect a lot more pressure from them this year...
    Posted by EddieinOregon[/QUOTE]

I've been saying this for months, ERIC MOORE!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Cal coach Jeff Tedford has long been lauded for his development of quarterbacks, but the Bears are also consistently churning out NFL-caliber running backs. Vereen is the latest in a string of Berkeley backs (Adimchinobe Echemandu, J.J. Arrington, Marshawn Lynch, Justin Forsett and Jahvid Best) to make the jump to the NFL.

Vereen, who combines shiftiness, pure speed and surprising power, isn't quite as big as scouts might prefer, but has never missed a game due to injury. In fact, he played in all 38 games at Cal, starting 19 times.

A standout runner, receiver and returner for the Golden Bears, Vereen leaves after his junior season already fifth in school history with 4,069 all-purpose yards. His ability to fill multiple roles could see him drafted as high as the second round. Anything later than the mid-third and Vereen could wind up as one of the true steals of the 2011 draft.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Randy Moss traded for Ryan Mallett

Sections
Shortcuts