2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***:
    [QUOTE]Houston is having the draft I wanted us to have. Watt Reed
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

yESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Can we have the Texans draft? damn....hard to be happy right now...

I realize BB tends to get all the accolades on draft day, but....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from polarisxrip. Show polarisxrip's posts

we need to move up and take houston right now

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Of you mean like players who don't bust in that late 1st 2nd round range like Butler, Wheatley, Chad Jackson, Watson, or Maroney? All were considered safe picks. Those who weren't considered safe picks and most were confused why they were taken McCourty, Vollmer, Mayo, Mankins. Sometimes you have to take a risk and take a chance on a igh talent kid every so often
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone has considered Dowling as a "safe" pick. He has had an injury history and a number of other CB's who were considered "better" players were there.

As far as I'm concerned, Dowling is a risky pick with a lot of talent, not a "safe" pick by any means.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Does BB realize youu can trade UP in the draft?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft  notiOptions ***IT'S GO TIME!***:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Ohh I understand the pick but you have to take a chance every so often. Playing it safe all the time doesn't get you anywhere. Every so often you have to take a chance on an impact player like he did with Seymour or Mayo or McCourty. He seems to be playing it safe right now not wanting to take the chance
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]
    I'd respectfully submit there's nothing chancy re: the aforementioned picks. Other than Justin Houston, no 3down olb rusher is projected before the third round. Oops, Reed just went. Better hope for Free Agency. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Forget the height, Sam Acho is every bit the player Reed is and his character is terrific, no knock on Reed.  I wouldn't mind Marvin Austin if BB likes him off the field.  Austin is every bit the player that Liuget is and close to Fairley.  Could be a beast in 4-3 sets

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

we do need to move up Bb is being to freakyn Cocky I hate when u are too smart for ur own good!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** :   C´mon... you know football better than that !!!!   i read your posts... that last one was a visceral reaction...  
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]

No. No, I don't like Dowling as a prospect. I think he was a guy that you maybe take in the 3rd round. I do not think he will be more than a JAG starter or 'depth' in the NFL, with a low floor of being cut in two-three seasons.

They passed on Brooks Reed. I think Brooks Reed will be a huge success. 

It's that simple. I disagree with how BB and NE are drafting this second round. 

Is that clear?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]Forget the height, Sam Acho is every bit the player Reed is and his character is terrific, no knock on Reed.  I wouldn't mind Marvin Austin if BB likes him off the field.  Austin is every bit the player that Liuget is and close to Fairley.  Could be a beast in 4-3 sets
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]
    i like Acho more than Reed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : I don't think anyone has considered Dowling as a "safe" pick. He has had an injury history and a number of other CB's who were considered "better" players were there. As far as I'm concerned, Dowling is a risky pick with a lot of talent, not a "safe" pick by any means.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]
    There is nothing safe with either of our picks yet.  Both are physical freaks but both have issues.  Dowling with injury and Solder with playing too high.  Both are boom or bust picks IMO.  Let's hope they are booms.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

we do need to move up Bb is being to freakyn Cocky I hate when u are too smart for ur own good!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

I think sometimes he just overthinks himself....don't understand it unless he truly has his eye on someone in free agency...a known commodity.

Houston didn't move up and down...they simply took the two hustle players...both play like Bruschi...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

Broncos w/ back to back picks could be a logical trade partner if Bill wants to move up

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Sorry Mb.  Your man Rudolph is gone.  I'm kinda glad.  We didn't need him yet.  He went one spot below Gronk.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

TE.... good pick for us..

Allen Bailey, Justin Houston, Martez Wilson, Christian Ballard, Da'Quan Bowers.  

are still on the board...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]TE.... good pick for us.. Allen Bailey, Justin Houston, Martez Wilson, Christian Ballard, Da'Quan Bowers.   are still on the board...
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]
    don't forget Acho, too

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]Nice rack on Dalton's girlfriend.
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]

Damn missed them but Reeds mom had an interesting set.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Outkast, if you aren't going to add anything constructive to this conversation and double-post multiple times, please leave.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : i like Acho more than Reed.
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]
    Okay, I like Acho too. But will Belichick actually draft him?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Damn guys, all we hear all season is, "When are the Pats going to get rid of all these smurf DBs and get a big corner?" and now nobody wants the big corner? ;)
    Posted by PeaceLaur[/QUOTE]

actually i had the big corner on my list.
    it just was not one of the top 3 needs. it was down on the list. we are not handling need #'s 1 and 2 (de, olb).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Barry Sanders!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : No. No, I don't like Dowling as a prospect. I think he was a guy that you maybe take in the 3rd round. I do not think he will be more than a JAG starter or 'depth' in the NFL, with a low floor of being cut in two-three seasons. They passed on Brooks Reed. I think Brooks Reed will be a huge success.  It's that simple. I disagree with how BB and NE are drafting this second round.  Is that clear?
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Clear as water...   Keep posting throughout the season...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

btw with a stay on the ruling there will be no FA until the appeal is held so I wouldn't count on a FA coming in as a pass rusher right now

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

I think Detroit has done some good things so far....good for them...they have sucked for a long time...Titus Young is a good selection opposite CJ