2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***

I think NE is going to bring the #60 up and milk the second round again. 

The Jets can have Wilkerson, I didn't even grade him into the first round.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

Pitts will take Sherrod OT

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Thank you!

They would use the picks if they thought there was good value there. These people aren't stupid. They went 14-2 last year remember...

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***:
    [QUOTE]Wayyyy tooooo much whine here.  To those saying what good is 2 1sts if we never use them.  U are forgetting the 2nd rd pick we also get.  I would trade a 1st for a 2nd and 1st forever if I could.  To those whining about no pass rush, the draft isnt over, several good rushers are still left.  I wanted Sheard in the 2nd and he is there.  Many want Reed, he is there.  Several more are there.  Dont be like last year when the morons whined DMC is a special teamer, u dont take a special teamer in the 1st.  How did that turn out? 
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]Wayyyy tooooo much whine here.  To those saying what good is 2 1sts if we never use them.  U are forgetting the 2nd rd pick we also get.  I would trade a 1st for a 2nd and 1st forever if I could.  To those whining about no pass rush, the draft isnt over, several good rushers are still left.  I wanted Sheard in the 2nd and he is there.  Many want Reed, he is there.  Several more are there.  Dont be like last year when the morons whined DMC is a special teamer, u dont take a special teamer in the 1st.  How did that turn out? 

Except when he trades out of 33, none of those guys are there at 56, unless he moves back up. And if he moves back up, what is the sense in trading in the first place? So you can pick up an extra 3 rd or 4th rounder?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

damnit, there goes Heyward! ugh, so what defensive lineman help are we going for, pure value?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Ok, who left for us to take at 33?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

[QUOTE]Why can't the Pats ever take the best player on the board? Look at the Saints. They got 2 playmakers in Jordan and Ingram.  Why keep stockpiling the picks if you arent going to use them to select the best players? Maybe if they did, the Pats wouldnt be getting dominated in every playoff game. Clay Mathews would have looked good in a Pats jersey. The same will be said about Jordan, Prince or Ingram.
    Posted by Spetznaz24[/QUOTE]
    Ingram cost a 1st and a 2nd; that ain't cheap.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Are you a GM? Did you do more research on the draft to know that Ingram and Jordan will be playmakers? Hell no. Stop being a girl. 

[QUOTE]Why can't the Pats ever take the best player on the board? Look at the Saints. They got 2 playmakers in Jordan and Ingram.  Why keep stockpiling the picks if you arent going to use them to select the best players? Maybe if they did, the Pats wouldnt be getting dominated in every playoff game. Clay Mathews would have looked good in a Pats jersey. The same will be said about Jordan, Prince or Ingram.
    Posted by Spetznaz24[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Wilkerson and Heyward gone, two possible Pats picks...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

[QUOTE]What did you say after the first round last year? You are being stupid. Perhaps Solder can really play and they find a way to pick some difference makers in round II?  I bet you said they should've selected Sergio Kindle round last year. A real difference maker if you listen to hype, but a guy the pats judged to be not worth it. You are simply judging the draft based on consensus. A two year old can do that. In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]

Really and where did that get us last year did we go to the championship game? ohh wait the jets did... keep thinking like that and brady will be long gone b4 we get a good D to get us there...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

Great Heyward GONE

Pats go into next year with Deaderick, Love, Brace, Wright (Concussion), Warren (hip) to "HELP" VW .... Poor Vince.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : But you seem to forget Brady doesn't last forever. We are watching him waste away every year and since we are so close it's painful to continue to plan for the future without getting blue chips when we have a chance to
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I appreciate that, but BB looks long term, not sure and that is why we are sooo goo every year, not just once in a while.  Yes it will hurt when TB leaves, however I am sure BB already is working on a plan for that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

and there goes Heyward and the last shot I saw that would be an upgrade at DL. Maybe Bailey is there plan as an elephant but I wouldn't like that. I don't think he can make the conversion and doesn't bring the pass rushing ability to make a difference over what we currently have.

I definitely see them trading out of #33 now

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

And the Pack take Brooks Reed and have thirty sacks between two players ... NE has five sacks all next season. 

Seriously I get it. Just venting. NE thinks they have their guy in the second, and picked up a first for next season. 

Too bad it is going to be #32, because the aggressive moves NO is making puts them as SB favorites imo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Except when he trades out of 33, none of those guys are there at 56, unless he moves back up. And if he moves back up, what is the sense in trading in the first place? So you can pick up an extra 3 rd or 4th rounder?
    Posted by sml1210[/QUOTE]

My guess is IF we trade 33 it is either going to include a 1st next year or a 2nd this and next year

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

They'd better keep 33 and grab either Reed or Houston. Otherwise this is looking a lot like another team that can't get off the field on  3rd down...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : thank you. been my point for 3 months. you are smart enough to get the advantage, but not smart enough to use the advantage at 17 could have had jordan, ingram, prince, liuget or even if offensive line carimi or costanzo, solder a big guy yes but? now we trade, and not to a top 5 team but to n.o. who takes three 2 picks we could have had. and we get their pick next year which may be 31 or 32. you know who has had a good draft so far; n.o. if they go to the super bowl, and we are not there or we are there and we lose, you know they had the draft we SHOULD HAVE HAD.
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

Since we took Solder ahead of Carimi ect.. it should be because he was better than them. Nobody here is a better talent evaluator of O-line than BB and Dante, so to pine for another OT makes little sense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : I appreciate that, but BB looks long term, not sure and that is why we are sooo goo every year, not just once in a while.  Yes it will hurt when TB leaves, however I am sure BB already is working on a plan for that.

He might be thinking into the future but that hasn't panned out recently. No one cares if they make the playoffs every year if they get knocked out every year. We want championships and it's clear what the problems are so when we get chances at blue chip players to fix those issues and they keep trading back and filling positions with good but not great players it's frustrating

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I like the Solder pick... I will like it a LOT more if they follow it with an OLB and WR in the second.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

we need to address the defensive front 7. the 1st round ends with 3 3-4 teams behind NE. NE, a 3-4 team, has position on 3 other 3-4 teams. and they trade out.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

people talk about having all this 2nd round pick but they forget they massed up when they picked butler and brace in the second that year....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Reshuffle your draft boards.  Maybe they think Bowers is a good 2nd rd. gamble?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]the sox got a w tonight against b-more, the c's and b's are in the playoffs, belichick is working his magic on draft day and there are a bunch of girls on here crying about a pass rusher after the first day of the draft. calm down jeez
    Posted by isurfvb35[/QUOTE]

" belichick is working his magic on draft day and there are a bunch of girls on here crying about a pass rusher after the first day of the draft."

please dont start with the insults. there's nothing wrong with girls, or dissenting opinions, dont be so insecure that you need to attack others opinons. the more dissenting opinions the better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

[QUOTE]Reshuffle your draft boards.  Maybe they think Bowers is a good 2nd rd. gamble?
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

isshhhh I would take him we did take butler and he hasnt done nothing but allow TDs and brace is another waste of pick...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Good for them. I had NE taking Sherrod at #33 ... so that is about where he should go. Rock solid for them. I like Solder better. 

NE opens tomorrow. 

I do not think they trade #33. They have someone at #33 they wanted and knew would be there when they traded #28. Unless they are only making a very short trade, they use #33.