2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***

They can still pick an impact guy with 33, but the talent left on the board at 28 makes it puzzling they would trade, unless they really didn't see a guy they liked.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

We will go into next year without any playmakers. Don't have any playmaking wide recievers or running backs. Our offense was exposed big time by the Jets. On defense we don't have any guys to pressure the QB. Once again going to have one of the worst Pass defenses in the league. Don't be surprised to have this team  get physically outmatched in the 1st round again. It's already become a trend and drafting a LT wont change this.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***:
    [QUOTE]I like the Solder pick... I will like it a LOT more if they follow it with an OLB and WR in the second.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I'll have visions of Cobb & Reed running through my head tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : He might be thinking into the future but that hasn't panned out recently. No one cares if they make the playoffs every year if they get knocked out every year. We want championships and it's clear what the problems are so when we get chances at blue chip players to fix those issues and they keep trading back and filling positions with good but not great players it's frustrating
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

hey eng,
    so glad to see you beating that drum so i dont have to be the one to do it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : He might be thinking into the future but that hasn't panned out recently. No one cares if they make the playoffs every year if they get knocked out every year. We want championships and it's clear what the problems are so when we get chances at blue chip players to fix those issues and they keep trading back and filling positions with good but not great players it's frustrating
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Did the 2nd rd picks last year greatly improve us?  I think so.  I would take a draft like last year every year if I could.  And I think it improved us, yes we lost so did NO and they were the champs...and to seattle, that is pain. 

If we get my OLB, Sheard I am pretty happy, moffit too and a project later like carter, romeus or herzlich

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonMan. Show RonMan's posts

At the risk of saying I told you so, I told you so.  BB operates from a long term and "team based" perspective.  If we have three number 1s next year, regardless of where they are, and Carolina has one year into a rookie quarterback that they have to support, do you think that Carolina will take three number 1s for their first round pick (or anyone else who is foundering with their terrible QB picks from 2011).  Be prepared to watch BB trade #33 this year for another #1 next year and a #2 this year or next.  Andrew Luck is the target.
    The remainder of this draft will be two-three offensive linemen who can develop cammeraderie with Solder, two defensive linemen who may be able to convert to outside linebacker and a running back in round three or four. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

bb isn't perfect. rex ryan is a pretty good defensive evaluator last time i checked, he had no problem taking wilkerson. the steelers have won a couple lombardi trophies recently and own one of the top defenses... they had no problem taking can heyward.

bb must feel real good about his current rotation of d-lineman b/c there are no more 5-techniques worth mentioning.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

The big strength of BB drafting is his heartless approach.

You take a first round pick and roll it forward every year, always picking up a free 2nd round choice. You lock into your mind that that is what you will do and you do it, you create picks and it is what gives us a CHANCE to be contenders year in and year out, not a flash in the pan.

As fans we react with to much emotion, always ringing our hands for what we could have had. Is Ingram worth a 2nd round pick EVERY year for the forseable future. He is not.

I wish we had him, Jordan would have been nice too but you have to make hard choices and BB does not seem to have much trouble doing this. Real good GM in my mind.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : " belichick is working his magic on draft day and there are a bunch of girls on here crying about a pass rusher after the first day of the draft." please dont start with the insults. there's nothing wrong with girls, or dissenting opinions, dont be so insecure that you need to attack others opinons. the more dissenting opinions the better.
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

sorry but I too see too much Whine here.  Yes dont insult girls.  But people need to realize BB knows way more than we do, that is why he gets paid the big bucks. 
    Many complained about Cunningham last year, I thought he was solid against both run and pass.  THAT is what I want, not a 1 trick pony.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]with all the de/olb left on the board and us picking 33 and only having 5 picks in next years draft this 28th pick is traded guaranteed for a first rounder next year and the teams 2nd rounder. im going with what i said before, trading it to no
    Posted by isurfvb35[/QUOTE]

Unbelievable ... someone actually predicted what BB would do.  Congrats.

NO is gonna stink next year, they were a one year wonder.  The pick will probably be even better than 17.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Pats have plenty of options still left on the board.

Pass rushers

Marvin Austin
    Allen Bailey
    Akeem Ayers
    Justin Houston
    Brooks Reed
    Jabaal Sheard
    Dontay Moch
    Chris Carter

EVERY other RB STILL on the board

EVERY other WR STILL on the board

MOST of the OG STILL on the board

Stout DE like Jarvis Jenkins STILL on the board.

Tons of players... Peple need to chill

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Our defense and lack of pass rush is such a glaring weakness, and our offense is such a strength - how does Solder make any sense?   It's a passing league, meaning you have to stop the pass - and we neglect to choose two defensive front seven starters.  Geez.  Richard Seymore for Nate Solder.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]What did you say after the first round last year? You are being stupid. Perhaps Solder can really play and they find a way to pick some difference makers in round II?  I bet you said they should've selected Sergio Kindle round last year. A real difference maker if you listen to hype, but a guy the pats judged to be not worth it. You are simply judging the draft based on consensus. A two year old can do that. In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]

boy the board is alive with every name caller who has not been part of this thread (calling ohters stupid, saying others are "whining", etc).
    a thread created by sharing repectful, honest thoughts about football. disagreements and all.

you see, you dont need to attack someone because they either think differently than you or criticize the choices of our team. try to be strong enough to withstand reading or ignoring, or better yet learning from other's posts.
    thanks

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Ok we got 33  56  and 60 maybe ??
    still out there

wr Torry Smith , Cobb ( versatile), and Hankerson
    DE/OLB Reed, Ayers,Houston, Bowers ( Brandon Tate  inj ?)Acho
    RB Leshoure

74 and 92 third round
    RB Murray
    WR Greg little

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

LOL. The jets are the gold standard now? I thought winning championships was the barometer. BB has 3. How many does Rex have?

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Really and where did that get us last year did we go to the championship game? ohh wait the jets did... keep thinking like that and brady will be long gone b4 we get a good D to get us there...
    Posted by Outkast1978[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

[QUOTE]Our defense and lack of pass rush is such a glaring weakness, and our offense is such a strength - how does Solder make any sense?   It's a passing league, meaning you have to stop the pass - and we neglect to choose two defensive front seven starters.  Geez.  Richard Seymore for Nate Solder.
    Posted by expertmike[/QUOTE]

But you HAVE TO PASS , ergo you have to protect the passer

if the Tuna said he was # 1 Im down with that

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

on the 34 DE side, I wouldn't be too upset if they don't take one early tomorrow.  There are a roster full of them including guys who were on IR last season including Richard and Weston. 

What I do want to see if an OLB, Jabaal Sheard if the Pats ignore the positive pot test the Houston possibly could be the closest to an immediate impact guy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : boy the board is alive with every name caller who has not been part of this thread (calling ohters stupid, saying others are "whining", etc). a thread created by sharing repectful, honest thoughts about football. disagreements and all. you see, you dont need to attack someone because they either think differently than you or criticize the choices of our team. try to be strong enough to withstand reading or ignoring, or better yet learning from other's posts. thanks

well as the person using the word whining, I have been more apart of this thread than many and sure more than u have so I think u might want to reread the thread.  The level of pessimism is silly.  This is last year all over again and we got a runner up for the d rookie of the year.  It is probably the same people whining again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Ok, I agree. But people are being PAINFULLY stupid here. I've been here a while (see my # of posts), and it's nauseating to see how reactionary and dumb (yes dumb) some people are being. 

BB obviously likes Solder more than any of the sexier picks people are whining about. People may disagree, but that doesn't matter. BB makes the decisions, and he does pretty well in judging talent. I trust that he will pick the better player most of the time.

Secondly, if they wanted Jordan or Heyward they would've taken them!!! Is that not obvious. Perhaps by their professional judgement there are better fits in round II?

The issue is we went through all this crap last year with moron, fairweather fans crapping all over the organization and they end up having one of the best drafts ever. Now they are stupid again and the jets are the gold standard? It's just beyond moronic.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : boy the board is alive with every name caller who has not been part of this thread (calling ohters stupid, saying others are "whining", etc). a thread created by sharing repectful, honest thoughts about football. disagreements and all. you see, you dont need to attack someone because they either think differently than you or criticize the choices of our team. try to be strong enough to withstand reading or ignoring, or better yet learning from other's posts. thanks

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I don't get why people are getting upset.

Was it really a surprise that BB did not pick two in the first? Was it a surprise that he picked at OT at #17? BB picked not to improve last year's team. He picked to improve next season's team. I would have preferred Carimi or Castonzo, but again, I evaluate based on what I ahve seen the kids do not what the kid will be capable of after BB is done teaching them.

Lastly, I presume he got a 2012 first from NO. That was a good deal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Our defense and lack of pass rush is such a glaring weakness, and our offense is such a strength - how does Solder make any sense?   It's a passing league, meaning you have to stop the pass - and we neglect to choose two defensive front seven starters.  Geez.  Richard Seymore for Nate Solder.
    Posted by expertmike[/QUOTE]

That was last year. Obviously BB sees that OL will be the biggest weakness next year if he does not add an OT. That may mean the relationship with Mankins and Light have really soured. If just one of those two don't come back, the OL will be worse off than the DL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : But you HAVE TO PASS , ergo you have to protect the passer if the Tuna said he was # 1 Im down with that
    Posted by mgraham[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but our pass protection is no where are weak as our pass rush. 

Fix what's broken. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Am I wrong to call the whiners stupid? I really don't think so. It's like watching a few youtube videos makes some people experts. it doesn't matter that Scar (a guy BB and everyone else really respects) went down to work out Solder and must've been very impressed. It doesn't matter that the Pats have a STELLAR record of trading back and still getting their guy. It's doesn't matter that they're great at developing O lineman. 

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : well as the person using the word whining, I have been more apart of this thread than many and sure more than u have so I think u might want to reread the thread.  The level of pessimism is silly.  This is last year all over again and we got a runner up for the d rookie of the year.  It is probably the same people whining again.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

What we've learned tonight: 

1.  Nate Solder was a lot more coveted than most, including myself, thought.  New England took him at 17 without moving down, so clearly they feared that other teams were in on him, there was also talk of other teams having interest in him and/or were trying to move up for him.

2.  Atlanta REALLY wanted Julio Jones.

3.  Cam Newton is huge fan of Cam Newton.  Alright, we already knew that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

And I've been on this site a lot longer than you. A whole three months on the board and you're pulling senority?!? That's smart. Why don't you go run away after the traumatic events of tonight and become a Jets fan. they'll make the sexy pick (ewww Kyle Wilson was rated high so he must be better than the guy we got!!!).