2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***

shoot he was one of my preferred players, but with our needs at this point in the draft, i would not have gone there. i think de and olb would have to have been our next 2 picks.
    oh well, thats why he's bb. 
    we better be able to get off the field and rush the passer next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

BB's history with taken CB's in the 2nd isn't the best so I'm questioning this pick. I wonder what the trade options were that he was rated higher. I also wonder if we could have moved back a couple picks and still would have grabbed him?

Very interesting pick imo I just hope this isn't like in 09 when we picked Butler

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***:
    [QUOTE]Who is rushing the passer?
    Posted by Brady2Moss07[/QUOTE]

Better hope for coverage sacks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

when you rank 25th against the pass, this makes sense.  You really need 3 shut down corners for nickel packages.  We now have it.  Dowling needs to stay healthy.

For pass rush, Reed won't make it to 56.  I doubt Houston or Ayers will either.  This leaves Acho or perhaps Moch a little later on.  I am high on Moch at 60-74 range.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]Who is rushing the passer?
    Posted by Brady2Moss07[/QUOTE]

Cunningham, Moore, Fletcher, Wright

With a strong secondary it gives then an extra second to get there.  And they still have 4 more picks today a pass rusher will come but I've been saying I like Moore as a full time OLB.  He was solid and got to the QB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

When they go to the nickel, I think they'll play McCourty in the slot and let the bigger corners, Bodden and Dowling play on the outside.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I really like this pick. A big, fast, physical corner. He adds more youth to an already young and talented secondary.

If Ras-I develops this will be the best secondary in the NFL.

We can add depth at the front-7 later on. I think Allen Bailey will be in our future very soon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

[QUOTE]when you rank 25th against the pass, this makes sense.  You really need 3 shut down corners for nickel packages.  We now have it.  Dowling needs to stay healthy. For pass rush, Reed won't make it to 56.  I doubt Houston or Ayers will either.  This leaves Acho or perhaps Moch a little later on.  I am high on Moch at 60-74 range.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

TOTALLY AGREE with you....  plus PASS RUSH is a two step process.... rush + coverage !!!!!

:D  go pats !!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]when you rank 25th against the pass, this makes sense.  You really need 3 shut down corners for nickel packages.  We now have it.  Dowling needs to stay healthy. For pass rush, Reed won't make it to 56.  I doubt Houston or Ayers will either.  This leaves Acho or perhaps Moch a little later on.  I am high on Moch at 60-74 range.

Martez Wilson and Sheard could make it close enough they try to move up to get one of them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

Damn guys, all we hear all season is, "When are the Pats going to get rid of all these smurf DBs and get a big corner?" and now nobody wants the big corner?

;)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Funny thing is BB himself said that this is a very weak cb class. Yeah not to sure about this pick but lets see if they flip Bodden to FS and trade Meriweather before we make a judgement.

All I know is that the best secondaries break down over time and allowing the QB's 5+ secs means he's a wasted pick if they don't fix the pass rush.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

my only gripe is I think both picks we made could have been had lower.  Dowling maybe even at 56.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

damn i want bowers bad I would take a chance on the kid

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]41 NE - Ras I Dowling CB 49 NE - Brooks Reed OLB 56 NE Kenrick Ellis NT o r Martez Wilson ILB/OLB 60 NE - Mikel LeShoure RB
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]
    Nice!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

Andy Dalton in Bengals uni. That will be a lot of orange!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Dowling, Ras-I   IS fast !!!!!    big and fast....   

Andy Dalton girl... has a nice rack !!!!!!!!!!!!!  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Nice rack on Dalton's girlfriend.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

OCHOCINCO will leave cincinnati... do you think he might come to NE...  ??

Bengals have a new QB and a new n.1 reciever !!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

One of the reasons you have the 25th ranked pass defense is because the Pats allow the QB all the time in the world to trow the ball. The best secondaries will eventually break down it doesn't matter who you have covering. I still think lowering that 5+sec average they now have to around 3 secs is the best way to help the pass defense

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I know a ton of fans will have a problem with this, this guy must had checked out medically if he did this is a 1st round talent type CB.  6'1" 200lbs 4.4 40, bench 19 reps not bad for a CB.  he'll be able to jam those big WRs.

DId I mention I like the pick

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

At 56, there aren't goign to be too many pass rushers left. Bailey, Acho, and I think the sleeper migth be Martez Wilson. He's going to be there around 56 as well I believe.

If the above doesn't happen, we always have round 3....Carter, Moch

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

All the pass rushers are still on the board...   lets hope 1 of them fall to us !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Not looking like we will be getting a top notch pass rusher through the draft. Anyone know who we may be able to get in free agency?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Please don't get me wrong I understand the pick and the kid could become a good starter but I don't see a CB as being a priority over the pass rush in pass defense or even helping to rebuild the OL first

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]my only gripe is I think both picks we made could have been had lower.  Dowling maybe even at 56.

Don't think so I think he goes to bills at 34, he's a better CB than Williams.  Then you have Cowboys, Det, Texans, Vik all need a CB.  If BB wanted this guy I don't think he could had dropped too much.

Sections
Shortcuts