2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : BPA
    Posted by teegee[/QUOTE]

And that's why we'll always be just on the fringe. Notice on the years we went to the SB we had impact players and in 07 we spent high and got the best players of need we could and went to the SB. BPA works when you are rebuilding but when you only have a couple of key positions to fill of need you have to try to take those impact players. Otherwise you aren't fixng problems just upgrading your bench

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

:(  sad sad pick

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Brooks Reed, Akeem Ayers, Allen Bailey, Justin Houston, Martez Wilson, Jabaal Sheard, Christian Ballard, Da'Quan Bowers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

there goes Ayers take another one off the board

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

Not that disappointed that Ayers is off the board. I don't even remember the last time Belichick used a high pick on someone with a questionable motor.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : And that's why we'll always be just on the fringe. Notice on the years we went to the SB we had impact players and in 07 we spent high and got the best players of need we could and went to the SB. BPA works when you are rebuilding but when you only have a couple of key positions to fill of need you have to try to take those impact players. Otherwise you aren't fixng problems just upgrading your bench
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Or, that player of need isn't a good player, and you reached to draft him. He busts and you're back to point 1, a position of need and a wasted pick.

By taking the BPA, you more than likely getting a good player regardless. You may not fill a hole, but at least you are upgrading your football team by adding talent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : And that's why we'll always be just on the fringe. Notice on the years we went to the SB we had impact players and in 07 we spent high and got the best players of need we could and went to the SB. BPA works when you are rebuilding but when you only have a couple of key positions to fill of need you have to try to take those impact players. Otherwise you aren't fixng problems just upgrading your bench
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]
    I hear ya, and I don't disagree. I can just see BB explaning why he made this pick. There just doesn't seem to be any 3down impact pass
    rushers left.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Never have been an Ayers fan. Lacks strength at the P.O.A. and lacks a good motor. I see an undersized player that is incredibly overrated.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

Agree with vertigho. One of the Patriots' more recent 2nd draft picks that hasn't been very successful (so far) was Ron Brace. He was seen as a need pick at the time because the team wasn't sure they could re-sign Wilfork and he was basically taken as "insurance" at NT. Now that we look back, that pick probably could have been used more wisely on BPA.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

well so far Pats took my #2 ranked OT and #2 ranked CB, feeling good about that but still will feel better once take a shot at addressing some sort of defensive front 7 help.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]The only problem I have with ras-i dowling is that he gets hurt too often he has only play in 5 games since 2010 and on every here he has played even leading back to his high school days... so why not take a chance on Da'Quan Bowers
    Posted by Outkast1978[/QUOTE]
    Rumor is he has bone on bone cartilage in his knee and will need surgery to tighten ACL and MCL and will be lost a year.  He could slip into the 3rd round now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]my only gripe is I think both picks we made could have been had lower.  Dowling maybe even at 56.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

That's the perception every year with NE though. We have to expect that by now. They have there own value system and you can't go by the draft-niks. 

They never seem to match up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

there goes bruce carter com'on NE take brooks Reed

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : I hear ya, and I don't disagree. I can just see BB explaning why he made this pick. There just doesn't seem to be any 3down impact pass rushers left.
    Posted by teegee[/QUOTE]

Ohh I understand the pick but you have to take a chance every so often. Playing it safe all the time doesn't get you anywhere. Every so often you have to take a chance on an impact player like he did with Seymour or Mayo or McCourty. He seems to be playing it safe right now not wanting to take the chance

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]Dowling?  Looks like Tom is going to have to carry them again this time around. At this draft rate, this team won't improve one bit next season. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]
    not so fast.  The value for WR and RB is in the 3-4 round.  There is very little talent difference between guys going now and guys who will go 60 picks from now.  We could still land Hankerson or Cobb at 56 or wait until 92 to get Austin Pettis.  We might be able to get LeShoure at 56 or wait until 92 for Todman or 74 for Hunter.  These are just examples but there is little difference in the talent but a big difference in pick location.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]Al Davis wouldn't give up his 2012 #1 & the #48 for the Pats pick and got burned.
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]

Al has to be pissed, he wanted Kaepernick very bad and the 49ers end up taking him.  Im pretty sure this will send Al to the hospital.  He has to be ready to blow his top about this one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Reed is gone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Or, that player of need isn't a good player, and you reached to draft him. He busts and you're back to point 1, a position of need and a wasted pick. By taking the BPA, you more than likely getting a good player regardless. You may not fill a hole, but at least you are upgrading your football team by adding talent.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

Of you mean like players who don't bust in that late 1st 2nd round range like Butler, Wheatley, Chad Jackson, Watson, or Maroney? All were considered safe picks.

Those who weren't considered safe picks and most were confused why they were taken McCourty, Vollmer, Mayo, Mankins. Sometimes you have to take a risk and take a chance on a high talent kid that fills a need instead of taking the safe pick

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Anything lingering...or do you think he's over it?....Does he have a checkered injury history..please say no
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

yes what i have read he does have an injury history
    and pulled a hammy in the combine.
    hes fast and he hits something serious, very physical corner. can paly safety too
    i would have preferred him in rd 3 or 4 due to our needs and due to injury history

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

14 PICKS AWAY pass rush does not seems soooooo far away !!!!

Brooks Reed, Allen Bailey, Justin Houston, Martez Wilson, Christian Ballard, Da'Quan Bowers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

gopd damn fNNNN houston take all the pass rushers damn it NE

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

THAT HURTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brooks Reed, Allen Bailey, Justin Houston, Martez Wilson, Christian Ballard, Da'Quan Bowers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

[QUOTE]Dowling?  Looks like Tom is going to have to carry them again this time around. At this draft rate, this team won't improve one bit next season. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

zbellino

You just said what i was thinking... . Brooks Reed is gone ... the only hope left is if BB takes Justin Houston .... that is if Oakland let's him go.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Houston is having the draft I wanted us to have.

Watt
    Reed

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]Reed is gone.
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]
    that's fine.