2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Okay, I like Acho too. But will Belichick actually draft him?
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]
    Yea. Unlike Reed, you can actually see Acho set the edge in college. Acho is also an elite athlete.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : actually i had the big corner on my list. it just was not one of the top 3 needs. it was down on the list. we are not handling need #'s 1 and 2 (de, olb).
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

I see where you are coming from brdbreu. I want the front seven help as well.

I was just trying to lighten the mood a little so nobody throws themself from the top of Gillette Stadium.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm still holding out hope for Bailey. He's not going to improve our pass rush but he's a solid player that  think is an upgrade over Nin or TBC. Would compliment Cunningham nicely as a 3 down LB

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]What I don't get is why can't we do a little Jets mentality when we have the ammo once every couple years? We have a ton of picks and these players make for a good all around team but you need some type of impact players eventually. Most agree that we're very close so why can't we take a page from the Jets and trade up and take a shot on 1 or 2 impact players and take the safe picks later? I don't want to do the Jets draft every year but you have to admit doing it once every 5 years or so only getting a couple impact players (2-3) and a couple of projects and still trade a couple picks into next year would have been nice this year. You won't get an extra 1st or 2nd next year but an extra 3rd or 4th and then rebuild your stock again so in a couple years you can do it again and get a couple more impact players. But as it looks maybe Oak is going to trade. I'd be happy to get their2nd this year and 1st next year other then that they appear like a team in a weak division that has a shot to make the playoffs. I'd rather try to work something out with a Was or Cinn even if it's #33 for a 1st next year straight up. I think it would be a top 10 which is much more value then a mid 2nd this year and a pick potentially in the 17-25 range
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

eng, i've made the same points without the jets reference and without the 5 year idea, just where its appropriate.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

[QUOTE]Outkast, if you aren't going to add anything constructive to this conversation and double-post multiple times, please leave.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

hey dumbhead did even cross your head that maybe my Pc double posted it twice? who made you the owner of this bostonglobe forums...just mind your own Biz and dont approach me like again!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

Got to respect that Rahim Moore stuck it out in the green room, unlike Akeem Ayers who took his ball and went home after day one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : actually i had the big corner on my list. it just was not one of the top 3 needs. it was down on the list. we are not handling need #'s 1 and 2 (de, olb).
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

And we're not going to. RB/OG probably next.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : hey dumbhead did even cross your head that maybe my Pc double posted it twice? who made you the owner of this bostonglobe forums...just mind your own Biz and dont approach me like again!!!
    Posted by Outkast1978[/QUOTE]

When I see multiple negative and pointless posts on my screen I will say something about it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

BB loves to draft LB's in the 5th round and don't forget the immortal TBC was an Undrafted Free Agent

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : hey dumbhead did even cross your head that maybe my Pc double posted it twice? who made you the owner of this bostonglobe forums...just mind your own Biz and dont approach me like again!!!

Outkast---Chill!  I understand you are angry with how the Patriots have drafted, but take some deep breaths! Patriots still have a lot of picks and have UDFA's (where they have been done well in the past)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

OK PPats can still salvage the draft with next 2 picks  ... 2of the 3 D-men

Steve Paea
    Justy Houston
    Sammy Ocho

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Allen Bailey, Justin Houston, Martez Wilson, Christian Ballard, Da'Quan Bowers, Sam Acho.

who else can help us  get the QB down ??????

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

trade up !!!!!   c´mon !!!!! pats !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

Chris Carter and Dontay Moch are the 3rd round options that have been discussed, but I worry that Moch is a workout warrior

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Outkast---Chill!  I understand you are angry with how the Patriots have drafted, but take some deep breaths! Patriots still have a lot of picks and have UDFA's (where they have been done well in the past)
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA Rocky I'm cool I just hate how some people here like to talk down to people all the time... I'm hoping the past make me feel better or I will be drinking my night away...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

[QUOTE]btw with a stay on the ruling there will be no FA until the appeal is held so I wouldn't count on a FA coming in as a pass rusher right now
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I agree. But even drafted rookies wait for the cba too. If no otas, minicamps, veterans haave the edge. I bet BB thinks there's no one in the draft better than what he has now. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : I see where you are coming from brdbreu. I want the front seven help as well. I was just trying to lighten the mood a little so nobody throws themself from the top of Gillette Stadium.
    Posted by PeaceLaur[/QUOTE]

" I was just trying to lighten the mood a little so nobody throws themself from the top of Gillette Stadium."

appreciated.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Greg Romeus
    Posted by APpats21[/QUOTE]
    I like him as a second drafted OLB here. We don't know when he'll be able to first contribute to the Pats.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

2 picks left in second round 2 picks in the 3rd round im sure of those four picks we will get a olb/de/og/wr

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

rams are taking a WR here

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Critter23. Show Critter23's posts

After reading everything I could about Solder this morning, I'm thinking we did pretty well with #1.  This last one surprised me.  But BB has surprised me before and we came out fine.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]rams are taking a WR here

WOW! Most people thought the TE they drafted would go later

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Kendricks is interesting. Good fit with Hoomanawanui.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]Chris Carter and Dontay Moch are the 3rd round options that have been discussed, but I worry that Moch is a workout warrior
    Posted by PeaceLaur[/QUOTE]

I don't know how Moch would be but you do realize he had more TFLs and for more yardage than both Von MIller and Ryan Kerrigan. If you didn't know hope it was at least interesting.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Allen Bailey, Justin Houston, Martez Wilson, Christian Ballard, Da'Quan Bowers, Sam Acho.

Pass rush.... is still alive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!