2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***:
    In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Impressive. Especially if he ends up as a Pat, would need to read up on him a lot more.
    Posted by PeaceLaur

From what I've seen on video and read he's a 1 tool speed rusher who just out rushed the T off the edge. When he gets hit he easily gets taken out of the playand will disappear for large portions of the game. He's a type of guy that ether gets the tackle in the backfield or doesn't make a play at all

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I want Sam Acho at 56. Justin Houston or a RB like Leshoure at 60.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

I think this has been a tremendous draft for the NFC South.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

RB for Giants?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Posted by KyleCleric2

yes it has, but as with all drafts, you have to wait and see if the players play up to their potential.

On paper though, no question, great drafts all around for the South.
    EDIT: except for Carolina, IMO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I'd be happy with Bailey at #56. I really see all the other pass rushers being JAGs at this point
    Posted by PatsEng

I love Bailey as a sub-package pick a lot. But I don't see where he fits on this defense as an every down kid. 6'3" 285 and he looks maxed on his frame ... kind of like a more athletic Jarvis Green. 

Houston and Wilson are both guys who can stand and get after it. Wilson's a better athlete, but Houston is more finished and seems smarter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : yes it has, but as with all drafts, you have to wait and see if the players play up to their potential. On paper though, no question, great drafts all around for the South.
    Posted by GadisRKO

It's true. There has been a lot of risk taken by the Falcons, Panthers, and Buccs. Saints was less risky.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : I love Bailey as a sub-package pick a lot. But I don't see where he fits on this defense as an every down kid. 6'3" 285 and he looks maxed on his frame ... kind of like a more athletic Jarvis Green.  Houston and Wilson are both guys who can stand and get after it. Wilson's a better athlete, but Houston is more finished and seems smarter.
    Posted by zbellino

That's what i think too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

I would take marvin austin in a heart-beat

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Posted by KyleCleric2

Ditto. They are all handling it. I think the AFC South is doing alright too. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Solder's not a question mark at all, and he addresses a huge need. He is pure talent, and I think he can be a player in this league with a phenomenal ceiling. I can't say I like the Dowling pick, but it is clear BB doesn't like who is at corner, and isn't betting on Bodden coming back healthy or as a peak performer. 
    Posted by zbellino

Hello Z

You voice carrys a lot of weight here for a lot of deserved reasons , but I 've heard / read about various question marks concerning Solder  ~ including occasional upright / stiff play coupled with a non -aggresive disposition . 
     I understand all draft picks have some question marks ( none have even played a single FL snap ...so who really knows ? )

I actually like the Solder pick ( would have liked it more if the G-men then took Costanzo and kept him out of Indys mits )

I DO NOT LIKE THE DOWLING PICK AT ALL
    ( HECK ...I WISH THEY TOOK THE Sf deal that Denver ultimately snagged )

oK ...ENOUGH ABOUT THE PAST...

WHO YOU GOT WITH THE UPCOMING PATS PICK ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Marvin Austin. Nice pick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Wow.  Giants are back.  Austin is a stud until he shoots someone outside a night club...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : I love Bailey as a sub-package pick a lot. But I don't see where he fits on this defense as an every down kid. 6'3" 285 and he looks maxed on his frame ... kind of like a more athletic Jarvis Green.  Houston and Wilson are both guys who can stand and get after it. Wilson's a better athlete, but Houston is more finished and seems smarter.
    Posted by zbellino

He dropped 10 lbs after meeting with the Pats. He's now in the 270 range so he's that Cunningham size kid now

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : I see OLB as a position of need over 34 END. After that I think edge WR is a priority.  Branch, Tate, Price Cunningham, Nink, TBC, Murrel  Those are JAGs, and two of the least talented groupings in the NFL at their respective roster categories. 
    Posted by zbellino

can i reprint and re-emphasize that,
    "and two of the least talented groupings in the NFL at their respective roster categories"

who do yuou like for our wr?
    and which do you pick first?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : From what I've seen on video and read he's a 1 tool speed rusher who just out rushed the T off the edge. When he gets hit he easily gets taken out of the playand will disappear for large portions of the game. He's a type of guy that ether gets the tackle in the backfield or doesn't make a play at all
    Posted by PatsEng

He played more than stout against BC in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl I thought.

Actually thought he had a decently strong bull rush even in film I saw but sure he got engulfed sometimes also. No more worse to me than watching Reed continually be pushed wide and not get the sack or tackle though.

I just have doubts BB would even consider him on measureables alone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

How's Mike LeShoure looking right now?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Wow.  Giants are back.  Austin is a stud until he shoots someone outside a night club...
    Posted by Faucetman

himself?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : He dropped 10 lbs after meeting with the Pats. He's now in the 270 range so he's that Cunningham size kid now
    Posted by PatsEng

they've had a lot of contact, too. if the pats take him, i'd be confident in that selection.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : From what I've seen on video and read he's a 1 tool speed rusher who just out rushed the T off the edge. When he gets hit he easily gets taken out of the playand will disappear for large portions of the game. He's a type of guy that ether gets the tackle in the backfield or doesn't make a play at all
    Posted by PatsEng

If that's the case, I don't see that pick happening. Belichick tends to go more for Swiss Army knife guys that has can use in as many ways as possible.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

There's one video I was watching on Austin where he was god awful and why I took him off my Pats specific board when you add that with his potential character problems.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : himself?
    Posted by KyleCleric2

haha.  TB is really rolling the dice.  They could have two huge busts.  Giants have had the best value draft so far getting two guys way below where most had them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : He played more than stout against BC in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl I thought. Actually thought he had a decently strong bull rush even in film I saw but sure he got engulfed sometimes also. No more worse to me than watching Reed continually be pushed wide and not get the sack or tackle though. I just have doubts BB would even consider him on measureables alone.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

But you cn say the same thing for Steven Friday who had a great game against Castonzo where Moch was actually rushing from the opposite side against Lapham. If we were going to take a project rusher I'd rather have Steven Friday in the 5th then Moch in the 3rd. Similiar styles but I know Friday can drop back and has a higher ceiling but a lower floor

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

J. Houston and S.Paea ... c'mon Bill!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Hello Z    You voice carrys a lot of weight here for a lot of deserved reasons , but I 've heard / read about various question marks concerning Solder  ~ including occasional upright / stiff play coupled with a non -aggresive disposition .   I understand all draft picks have some question marks ( none have even played a single FL snap ...so who really knows ? )  I actually like the Solder pick ( would have liked it more if the G-men then took Costanzo and kept him out of Indys mits )  I DO NOT LIKE THE DOWLING PICK AT ALL ( HECK ...I WISH THEY TOOK THE Sf deal that Denver ultimately snagged ) oK ...ENOUGH ABOUT THE PAST... WHO YOU GOT WITH THE UPCOMING PATS PICK ?
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro

Thanks Cap'n. 

Yeah, Indy got a player there, I also like Ijamala. Solder's record is already one of the best. I think he allowed 5 sacks in his entire career, something 1400 snaps, and only two procedural penalties ... and he is just growing into the role intellectually and physically. I had NE taking an OL player in their first three picks. In time, Solder will probably be more of a force than either of those kids. 

To be honest, I don't want to pile on Ras-I, I don't think he is going to be special, but I'll root hard for him to prove me wrong. I would have been happier if NE had drafted another OL player there. I think they could have waited and gotten a similar kid in Curtis Brown. I still think NE needs an interior offensive lineman too. 

Sections
Shortcuts