2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***

I really liked Cobb.  Shame.  He was there at 60, never thought he would last that long.  I hope it was worth it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***:
    In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : and will rackley and martez wilson
    Posted by KyleCleric2

One will be left ... that is for sure. I can't see Houston, Wilson, and Acho coming off in eight picks. And I'm not forgetting Allen Bailey  ... who they met with three times. 

NE worked out Romeus too, he is a value selection in the 4th for me. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : I think Vereen can shake BJGE. I don't see this team incredibly improved. It is more like BB is trying to hold serve this draft. Don't get it ... I think they are only a peice or two away. 
    Posted by zbellino

let me put it to you this way, give the picks bb built up, which he does better than others, to a team like gb, pitts, n.o., baltimore the way they make top picks when they have the opportunity to.
          bb knows how to gather the picks up, but he is not necessarily the best at pulling the trigger on top talent. we're gonna be good, just not a super bowl winner.

made the analysis many times.
    bb picks like hes afraid of a big miss and that may keep him from going for pro bowlers in rd 1.

building up picks is only an advantage when you can actually use it to its best advantage, including pulling the trigger on a top guy at your top positions of need, when it is time to do so, like this year (with a team that cant get off the field and that has to hope for an offense to make a mistake before they score a touchdown).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

I understand it now. BBs plan is to trade back enough to get a lot of players he can cut. Much like Ted Larsen. I just don't get it. We started with 2-2-2. Now we have selected 1-2-3? and a bunch of guys who will eventually get cut in camp. Yeah, I'm a little PO'd.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : let me put it to you this way, give the picks bb built up, which he does better than others, to a team like gb, pitts, n.o., baltimore when the way they make top picks wehn they have the opportunity to.       bb knows how to gather the picks up, but he is not necessarily the best at pulling the trigger on top talent. we're gonna be good, just not a super bowl winner. made the analysis many times. bb picks like hes afraid of a big miss and that may keep him from going for pro bowlers in rd 1. building up picks is only an advantage when you can actaully use it to its best advantage, includiing pulling the trigger on a top guy at your top positions of need, when it is time to do so, like this year (with a team that cant get off the field and that has to hope for an offense to make a mistake before they score a touchdown).
    Posted by brdbreu

I think he is just gunshy about OLBs and WRs. He has a touchy track record with both, and has kind of turtled out with those spots ... looking late and low financial risk. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : One will be left ... that is for sure. I can't see Houston, Wilson, and Acho coming off in eight picks. And I'm not forgetting Allen Bailey  ... who they met with three times.  NE worked out Romeus too, he is a value selection in the 4th for me. 
    Posted by zbellino

I'd be cool with Romeus in the third round, too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : I think he is just gunshy about OLBs and WRs. He has a touchy track record with both, and has kind of turtled out with those spots ... looking late and low financial risk. 
    Posted by zbellino

yes it does look like that, but include de.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Just a heads up all ...

5 minutes per pick from now on .

Draft will pick up steam

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : No offense but how many teams were 14-2 last year?  We have a ton of players set to be F/A next year.  Here's the list.  7 starters here. Brandon Meriweather SS 2011   $   1,737,280 Alge Crumpler TE 2011   $   2,007,280 Deion Branch WR 2011   James Sanders FS 2011   $   2,987,280 Jonathan Wilhite CB 2011   Dan Koppen C 2011   $   5,007,280 Matt Slater WR 2011   Rob Ninkovich OLB 2011   Mark Levoir OT 2011   Dan Connolly OG 2011   Gary Guyton ILB 2011   Brian Hoyer QB 2011   Kyle Love DL 2011   Wes Welker WR 2011   $   4,232,280
    Posted by Faucetman

Faucet normally I agree with you but how many 14-2 teams were knocked out of their 1st playoff game at home after getting 0 sacks and 3 pressures?

On that note looking at the past drafts if you take out last year 09 was average at best and between 06-08 only 3 players are still on the Pats. Between 06-09 the only players you wouldn't consider JAGs are Ghost, Meri (who might be traded before the season starts), Mayo, Chung, Vollmer. That's 5 players out of 39 not a great record imo.  It's looking more and more like 2010 was the abnormality then the standard

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

May be wishful thinking on my part, but does Shane Vareen remind any of you of Ray Rice?
    Posted by IrishMob7
    Exactly what I thought when they drafted him. Size, speed, durability...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

I didn't think Moch fit the Pats.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Nate Irving. Broncos have their LBs now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

I understand it now. BBs plan is to trade back enough to get a lot of players he can cut. Much like Ted Larsen. I just don't get it. We started with 2-2-2. Now we have selected 1-2-3? and a bunch of guys who will eventually get cut in camp. Yeah, I'm a little PO'd.
    Posted by tartarus12
    How did last years draft turn out? Chill out, maybe give the guys some time on the field before you gripe about BB's picks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Crable got his old job back cleaning up after ball games at Michigan stadium.  He took the job away from Pierre Woods for awhile.  Not sure who has the job now.  Maybe Rudy.
    Posted by Faucetman

Yeah, but it doesn't take much intelligence to realize they are going to dip their toes back in the FA OLB pool.  And that pool has been drained dry.  It is VERY hard to remain optimistic now.  Two straight post-season smackdowns have clearly demonstrated a weakness that has not been addressed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

dont wanna get accused of not being a "real fan"...so i will just walk away SMFH...
    Posted by HOFFBURGER

in my opinion, real fans are not afraid to critique their team, or take the heat from rubber stamp fans for doing so.

so i say, share your thoughts/feelings

peace

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

I really like this kid even more now... Shane vereen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dvWWytpmNc
    Posted by Outkast1978

I like Vereen but, UC-Davis is not the NFL. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

give me Sam Acho.  He can play, don't care that he's short.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I really think Cunningham can be something special. He just needs time to adjust. I wouldn't be overly surprized if he was a big time contributor this season, 5-8 sacks wouldn't surprize me whatsover.

We need a high motor OLB opposite him though. Acho and Houston IMO would be ideal.

EDIT:houston is gone, nvm.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MartyBeck. Show MartyBeck's posts

terible draft,  reminds me of '07-09.  very few players from that era

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

too bad with houston

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Yeah, but it doesn't take much intelligence to realize they are going to dip their toes back in the FA OLB pool.  And that pool has been drained dry.  It is VERY hard to remain optimistic now.  Two straight post-season smackdowns have clearly demonstrated a weakness that has not been addressed.
    Posted by nyjoseph

if you read my posts on this thread, ive been saying that for 3 months.
    weakness unwilling to be addressed.
    bb's weakness

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

MY god we just lost on justin houston he is very good damn it BB I'm gonna go for  a walk b4 i break my 46ich LEd

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

terible draft,  reminds me of '07-09.  very few players from that era
    Posted by MartyBeck

Nice first post, I hope its your last. Jump off the bandwagon now...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

hopefully acho or wilson then.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Ryan Mallet, perhaps?

Sections
Shortcuts