2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BB-IS-BEST. Show BB-IS-BEST's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***

We don't need any WRs we are probably going to get Ocho or Stallworth. We aslo have Tate and Price who are still developing. D LIne, T. Warren is coming back, Cunningham showed promise last year. Apparently some people don't understand that picks take time to develop. Mallet is a good pick. What about when Tom retires in like 4 years? Hoyer? He probably will want to move on after a while. mallet needs to develop under Tom.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

Patriots Know what they ar edoing. let's not confuse high picks with high value. Remember Lawrence Maroney or Chad Jackson? How about Ryan Leaf or Tim Couch? Packman Jones? Those guys were all high picks.Mr. Brady was 199. BJGE, Wes Welker, and Danny Woodhead were undrafted. food for thought.

That's how Patriots work - don't fix it if it ain't broke.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***:
    In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : OMG SHUT UP ALREADY!! we get it! you dont like the picks ok. damn i bet once you see them play you'll be saying BB was right to pick these guys. shut up already and go away
    Posted by APpats21

Drafting a third string QB in the third round and you're okay with that? When are we gonna see him play, the preseason? Or is Brady gonna grab some bench? Who is going to be rushing the passer' TBC again?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

I understand the arm strength and all with Mallett. 

But, am I the only one that just looks at this guys face and thinks "punk"? I dunno, he looks like a dunce. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

Here's the Stevan Ridley scouting report:

"Low ceiling due to his lack of speed... Likely just a short yardage back who will be used in goal line situations."

INSPIRING!!!! SOUNDS LIKE ufa SIGNING TO ME.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

Mallett probably got the best arm in the draft, matter is his head. I think NE is the perfect place for him if he is ever going to develop.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I got it figured out. Here's the logic Mallett is going to take opposing players out for the night before the game and get them all drunk and drugged up. Then when they actually play they will be confused to all hell when NE rushes Wilfork and has Bodden, Ras, McCourty, Meri, Chung, Sanders, Butler, Arrington, Mayo, and Guyton on the field. They will be so confused and high that they will run backwards and commit a ton of safeties.  Yeah Vereen improves the running game but by how much compared to any number of FA's out there. Ras not sure how he improves the team. Solder will be the same as Light starting out which isn't a bad thing but doesn't improve the team from last year. It seems this team is staying the same while losing Neal and potentially Mankins too? Forget the 09 draft this might turn out to be the 08 draft
    Posted by PatsEng

ehh, we stay the same, we go 14-2. fine by me. well not really.

i don't get Mallett still. Brady is good to go for another 3-5 years.  Why not draft OLB at 74...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plluto29. Show Plluto29's posts

This is one boneheaded draft for the Pats.  I guess we are stuck with another bad defense that can't get off the field on 3rd down and who makes every QB look like a Hall of Famer.  At what point will BB decide his defense stinks and add some high grade talent to address it? Yeah, we started the process last year with Spikes, Cunningham, McCourty. We needed to continue the process this year but it doesn't look like we will be adding any significant to help.  Ras-I Dowling seems like he may as well sign up for the PUP list to beat the crowd (of NE DBs to get injured).  WE NEED A PASS RUSH.  Why can't BB see this?  He has had 7 years to address this need and he still hasn't done it.  It cost a SB trip against the Bears, it cost us the SB vs. the Giants. The team has been good enought to compete but without the pass rush it just does not have enough to finish. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

I honestly could go down a massive list of players I would have picked over Mallet. I trust BB but this draft isn't making too much sense to me right now. 2 RB's when we already have two young RB's in BJGE and Woody. Mallet when Brady is still going to be around for a long time, no OLB's drafted and we are down to our last 3rd rounder.
    Posted by GadisRKO

Running back depth. Look what happened to NO. Plus up to speed quick when lock out is over.  Mallett is Cassell. No olb worthy of a pick now. Looks like more  4-2-5.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Hankerson is gone...
    Could have had Moffit and Hankerson but we got a power back ( who I like ) and a QB that might never play for us...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Good trade with Oakland.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

our third this year and a 4th this year for a Raider second next year? So no OLB whatsover...

well hey, 2 firsts and 2 seconds next year..works for me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

ROFL #125 and #92 is now traded for a 2nd next year to Oak

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Another trade.....wow....

Pats get: Raiders 2nd next year.

Raiders get: Pats 3rd and 4th this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : ehh, we stay the same, we go 14-2. fine by me. well not really. i don't get Mallett still. Brady is good to go for another 3-5 years.  Why not draft OLB at 74...
    Posted by GadisRKO

Isn't Brady just another knee injury away from retirement? I sure would want to keep up with Giselle.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Wow 3rd and 4th to Was for their 2nd next year

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

wow they just trade the 3nd and 4th for a second next year I dont get this draft at all goodnight my fellow fans....what a waste of 3 hours on this draft...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Penny for Tom Brady's thoughts right now. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Good trade with Oakland.
    Posted by KyleCleric2

Yeah. They were folding the tent up on 2011-12 with the Mallett selection. The rest of the picks will be 'competition' selections. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : He runs forward. Average size speed ratio, imo. Watched him for years, in person, see him on campus. He's a role player.
    Posted by zbellino

That's the only pick i don't get right now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Well I guess Bill either thinks his team that finished 14-2 has enough depth in the roster that would not be upgraded by this draft or hell I don't know

Someone break it down?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Well, NE wants their customary six picks in the first three rounds ... so they can trade them again. 

What is the fun of the draft if you aren't wheeling and dealing for wheeling and dealing's sake?   ;-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Mr. Belichick, please pass the crack pipe.  What are you doing now?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : That's the only pick i don't get right now.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

I do, the guy is productive ran same time Ingram did.  Ran over people in the SEC and they go him in the 3rd round.  He's also good in pass protection.

I like him but I had a late 4th round on him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

THAT'S IT WE ARE DONE.  Traded 92 and 4th to Oakland. The Miser stashes some more for 2012, then 2013, then 2014

The only d-man drafted was a Corner. I guess Ras and Devin are going to be so good that we will not have to pressure the opposing QBs.

TBC and Ronny B must be the happiest men in the world tonight ....

Sections
Shortcuts