2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***

Cannon and Solder along with BJGE, Danny, Vereen and Ridley?

Woodhead will be invisble behind these guys and 15 yards downfield before anyone knows it. Our OL and BF is greaty improved. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!***:
    [QUOTE]Goodbye Nick Kaczur. New 2011 Projected Patriots with Draft Picks OFFENSE 26 Players Slot 30 Welker '11 25 Edelman '12   WR 32 Branch '11 23 Price '13   LOT 22 N Solder '15 29 LeVoir '11   LOG 29 Mankins '11 25 Ohrnberger '12   C 31 Koppen '11 25 Wendell '13   ROG 29 D Connolly '11 22 M Cannon '14   RT 27 Vollmer '12 32 Kaczur '12   TE 22 Gronkowski '13 21 Hernandez '13 33 Crumpler '11 QB 34 Tom Brady '14 25 Hoyer '11 22 Mallett '14 RB 26 Green-Ellis '10 22 S Vereen '14   26 Woodhead '12 22 S Ridley '14   WR 23 B Tate '12 26 Slater '11           DEFENSE 26 Players LDE   30 T Warren '13 31 Stroud '12 25 Love '12 NT 29 Wilfork '14 24 Brace '12 25 Pryor '12 RDE 29 Wright '12 24 Deaderick '13   OLB 27 Ninkovich '11 31 Banta-Cain '12   ILB 25 Mayo '12 25 Guyton '11   ILB 24 B Spikes '13 25 Fletcher '12   OLB 23 Cunningham '13 30 Eric Moore '11   LCB 24 McCourty '14 25 Arrington '13 27 Wilhite '11 RCB 30 Bodden '13 22 Dowling '14 25 Butler '12 SS 24 Chung '12 26 Page '10   FS 27 Meriweather '11 27 Sanders '11     SPECIAL TEAMS 3 PK 27 Gostkowski '14     P 25 Z. Mesko '13     LS TBD    
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

You still have Kaczur on the roster.  What about Light?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Put Connolly @ Center Kaczur @ RG and Cannon @ LG

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

You sign a veteran OLineman to short money for depth, let Mankins and Light go, and take their salaries to spend on a top flight DE/OLB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Love the Cannon pick.  Is it just me, or maybe we missed BB's vision.  He wants to add smashmouth running to the O for TB's last 4-7 years.

Now to all the people that acted like the sky is falling.  If we add say Romeus and Herzlich with the next 2 picks, would that make u happy and fill some needs/potential?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

[QUOTE]You sign a veteran OLineman to short money for depth, let Mankins and Light go, and take their salaries to spend on a top flight DE/OLB
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]

There arent any available unless we trade picks as well.  Like the idea, but no targets are there.  Plus I dont want to lose Logan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]i think adding herzlich now becomes even more valuable. herzlich could help him get ready for football.
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]
    Oh man Kyle, if we land Herzlich next I'll do cartwheels.  We can either put him on the shelf for a year or if he's ready, get rid of TBC and his fat pay check.  I'm already saying goodbye to Light and Kaz saving $11M.  TBC would be a couple more mil.  Now we have room to keep Mankins and perhaps land a stud DE F/A.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : You still have Kaczur on the roster.  What about Light?
    Posted by sfpat[/QUOTE]

I'm saying goodbye to both.  Here's the update.  We are right at 53 but need a long snapper.

New 2011 Projected Patriots with Draft Picks
    OFFENSE 25 Players
    Slot30 Welker '1125 Edelman '12 
    WR32 Branch '1123 Price '13 
    LOT22 N Solder '1529 LeVoir '11 
    LOG29 Mankins '1125 Ohrnberger '12 
    C31 Koppen '1125 Wendell '13 
    ROG29 D Connolly '1122 M Cannon '14 
    RT27 Vollmer '12  
    TE22 Gronkowski '1321 Hernandez '1333 Crumpler '11
    QB34 Tom Brady '1425 Hoyer '1122 Mallett '14
    RB26 Green-Ellis '1022 S Vereen '14 
    26 Woodhead '1222 S Ridley '14 
    WR23 B Tate '1226 Slater '11 

DEFENSE 26 Players
    LDE 30 T Warren '1331 Stroud '1225 Love '12
    NT29 Wilfork '1424 Brace '1225 Pryor '12
    RDE29 Wright '1224 Deaderick '13 
    OLB27 Ninkovich '1131 Banta-Cain '12 
    ILB25 Mayo '1225 Guyton '11 
    ILB24 B Spikes '1325 Fletcher '12 
    OLB23 Cunningham '1330 Eric Moore '11 
    LCB24 McCourty '1425 Arrington '1327 Wilhite '11
    RCB30 Bodden '1322 Dowling '1425 Butler '12
    SS24 Chung '1226 Page '10 
    FS27 Meriweather '1127 Sanders '11 

SPECIAL TEAMS 3
    PK27 Gostkowski '14  
    P25 Z. Mesko '13  
    LSTBD  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

like i said in an earlier post, im assuming bb will use his picks he aquired in next years draft to nab one of the best olb/de in free agency (franchised) tamba hali who played in kc 34 defense. would be huge.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

I think the Pats hold onto Kaczur through preseason. he's good insurance if Cannon or some other OL can't perform. his contract isn't bad if he is starting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Love the Cannon pick.  Is it just me, or maybe we missed BB's vision.  He wants to add smashmouth running to the O for TB's last 4-7 years. Now to all the people that acted like the sky is falling.  If we add say Romeus and Herzlich with the next 2 picks, would that make u happy and fill some needs/potential?
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

Exactly my thoughts earlier this morning as I learned more about Ridley. The Cannon pick jut confirmed that for me.

This draft added an offensive dimension that was missing since 2006 - smash mouth ability to run over Ds between tackles.  Lack of it has kept them from winning ugly grinders (I need to check their record on games won by less than a TD). It definitely makes opposing Ds another thing to plan for. And if they don't (i.e., keep focusing on TB and the passing game), they will be roadkill.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]Love the Cannon pick.  Is it just me, or maybe we missed BB's vision.  He wants to add smashmouth running to the O for TB's last 4-7 years. Now to all the people that acted like the sky is falling.  If we add say Romeus and Herzlich with the next 2 picks, would that make u happy and fill some needs/potential?
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]
    Oh yeah.  I like Cannon as much as any pick so far.  Smash mouth cold weather football is back in NE with the MVP leading the way!!  Should Brady go down or when he eventually retires, the Pats will have a young, solid, tough OL with young backs to help the new QB, whether it's Mallett or another.

WOW!!!  We have a pair of #1s and #2s next year too.  Now let's get Herzlich or Romeus and a slot WR and we're set and deep at every position.  I think Price will be much improved and ready to play next year and able to take over for Branch in 2012.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]I think the Pats hold onto Kaczur through preseason. he's good insurance if Cannon or some other OL can't perform. his contract isn't bad if he is starting.
    Absolutely, no need to move him until you have to get down to 53.  Never know who could get hurt in the preseason.  I would make him my last cut.  If Mankins is holding out, he might be worth keeping for awhile because we toyed with kicking him inside.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

Cannon is a good prospect, but I think you guys are jumping the gun. 80% of recovery; with all due respect to him, I would not be making a 2011 active roster spot for him just yet.

If he makes 100% recovery; he is a steal. Until them, we wait and see.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

80% recovery rate on NHL...Isn't that what Lester had? The guy continutes to impress on the mound.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Move Connolly to tailback, give him the ball, and get the heell out of the way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

[QUOTE]Move Connolly to tailback, give him the ball, and get the heell out of the way.
    Posted by arodrambone[/QUOTE]

Cant say I didnt love his run last year.  One of the best plays in a while. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

Remaining interesting talent for 159

J Beal
    Chris Carter  .... a rusher
    T. Toliver
    DeM Love
    C. Matthews
    B. Bair
    Da Rel Scott

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

[QUOTE]Cannon is a good prospect, but I think you guys are jumping the gun. 80% of recovery; with all due respect to him, I would not be making a 2011 active roster spot for him just yet. If he makes 100% recovery; he is a steal. Until them, we wait and see.
    Posted by CanadianPat[/QUOTE]  he supposedly begins treatment this week...we need a detailed medical report from the Patriots  about  his prognosis and length of recovery time...will be be healthy for the coming year?...Welcome Marcus Cannon...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

This guy intrigues me. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]This guy intrigues me.  video: http://goo.gl/i0Ara http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/lawrence-guy?id=2495481
    Posted by mrbungle[/QUOTE]
    Guy is my highest rated 5tech remaining.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]Remaining interesting talent for 159 J Beal Chris Carter  .... a rusher T. Toliver DeM Love C. Matthews B. Bair Da Rel Scott
    Posted by CanadianPat[/QUOTE]

Casey Matthews went to PHI at 116.  Chris Carter is intriguing at this point as is Scott and DeMarcus Love.  I'd add Jordan Todman, the speedster RB out of UCON to the list.  Also could use a WR.  Let's not forget Herzlich and Romeus.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

So does this player:

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]YES.  LOVE IT.  CANNON IS A MONSTER THAT CAN MOVE />  CALLED IT!!
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

Just got back and saw this was the pick, 2nd round talent in the 5th?  Love the pick, how soon can he recover from kemo?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bkoo72. Show bkoo72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***IT'S GO TIME!*** : Guy is my highest rated 5tech remaining.

Problem is the learning disability... says it took him 3 months to learn their college play book, while others took 2 weeks. imagine how hard it would be to learn an NFL play book which is as thick as an encyclopedia.