2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED WITH MOCK V1***

Wow.  Looks like Kirkpatricks stock will shoot up after being assocaited with those names.  He's not so much a secret around here but TCU is some what of a stepchild when it comes to the BCS.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Faucet, You touch on all of the major areas of need with this mock, which looks great...one question I have relates to Hankerson....most sites I see don't show him rated that high...Baldwin, Broyles, Little, and Floyd should be available at 33...I think he looks to have some great potential....could he be had at 96 or 127?

I personally would love to have Justin Blackmon, but wonder how long he will last.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED WITH MOCK V1***:
    [QUOTE]I love reding this thread. Ever since last year leading up to the draft I look so forward to anything put up by mb and Faucet among others. You 2 guys are the cats pajamas and make my Pats reading so enjoyable. Having said that I may have thought of something you havent adressed.... 18 game scedule! I would think certain postions would be cause for concern and maybe looked at as needing a bit more concentration. Im thinking dl and wr and rb are positions that you might see even more injuries next year
    Posted by max5344[/QUOTE]

max,
    Glad to help.  There's certainly a ton of good info/opinions floating around on this thread.

As for the 18 game season, I'm not in favor of it. I think over time, it'll result in a decline in the quality of product on the field, though I have nothing factual to back that up.  I'd also hate to see an expedited turn over in season/all-time league records (passing, rushing, receiving etc) due to the increase in games played per season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Slight change to my mock. #9       DE JJ Watt - Wisconsin #30     OT DeMarcus Love - Arkansas #33     WR Leonard Hankerson - Miami (FL) #62     RB Bilal Powell - Louisville #73     OLB KJ Wright - Mississippi State #96     FB Owen Marecic - Stanford #127   OG Justin Boren - Ohio State 6th      C Jake Kirkpatrick - TCU I would be absolutely thrilled with this draft.  As everyone knows, I think JJ Watt is a superstar in waiting.  He will immediately replace Deaderick on the right side with Ty Warren returning.  I've seen DeMarcus Love play a few times now and I think he could be better than Carimi.  He's not as tall so perhaps we move him to the right side and Vollmer to LT.   I waited until the second round to get my skill players.   I've also seen Hankerson play several times now.  He's clearly the best Senior WR in the draft. (In fact, all of my picks are seniors except Watt who is a 4 year junior).  Hankerson can catch and block and at 6-3, 208 he can get down the field and win against most corners.  Mb sold me on Powell.  I think he is a complete back who is bigger and faster than BJGE.  Powell can hit the home run both running and receiving. I've written a lot about KJ Wright lately.  I think he is a very solid player.  He plays OLB at a high level in the SEC and excels against elite competition.  Wright is in on or around every play.  He can rush the passer, he can drop into coverage and he's a captain.  Marecic is a BB type player.  He will block, run, catch and even play a little LB if you need him too.  Being from Stanford you know he has the smarts.  Justin Boren is a solid Guard.  He's 4th on my list behind Henry, Moffitt and Schilling.  I just posted a piece on Kirkpatrick.  How this guy isn't rated higher is a mystery to me.  Give him one year to learn and he'll be ready to take Koppen's job in 2012.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

Faucet,
    Good stuff.

Marecic in particular is the epitome of a "Patriot Type", a true throw back.  I saw him score on back to back plays against ND, the first on a FB dive, the second coming on the following offensive play for ND in which he took an INT to the house. 

I'm gonna have to check out both Wright and Kirkpatrick.

Brooks Reed (6-3 255) from Arizona is an intriguing mid round option for me as a DE/OLB convert.  The kid flat out plays the game with a purpose.  Give him a look.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Here's my Jr top heavy mock also going after some D.  Adding a few players probably not talked about.  Missed a ton of posts so not sure if they have or not but really liking what I'm finding on both 3rd round picks. Jarrett and Gates, think these guys could make a difference.  1st Rnd (Oak) - Brandon Harris CB 5'11" 195 - another guy with shutdown CB type upside.   4 down player. Assng - Jared Crick DE 6'6" 290 this guy is the real thing, needs to add some bulk to hold against the run.   Has a none stop motor, great also at getting into the backfield and after the QB 2nd Rnd (Car) - Aldon Smith OLB 6'5" 260 Great first step, only question is does he come out or return to school. assgn - Benjamin Ijalana OG 6'4" 320 plays tackle in college but projects as a guard.   Can pass block and run block, plays with an attitude, strong punch.   If Mankins is gone this guy could play himself into the starting role. 3rd Rnd 73 (Min) - Jaiquawn Jarrett FS 6'0" 202 smart football player, plays well in zone and is an excellent open field tackler. 96 - Edmund Gates WR 6'0" 190 this kid from Abilene Christian dominates.   He is not a great route runner but it is does have a route tree.   Makes people miss in the open field, deep threat can break a big run anytime. 4th Rnd 101 (Denver) - Cyrus Gray RB 5'10" 198 fast shifty RB, can get to the corner.   Gives the offense yet another weapon.   Figure adding a few lbs and he could be a very dagerous combination with woody and BJGE. 5th Rnd Chris Hairston OT 6'7" 325 If Light returns which I believe he will a RT of the future can be groomed for a season or two.   Hairston fits the bill. 6th Rnd (dave thomas trade) 6 Kyle Hix OT 6'7" 325 strickly a RT in the NFL, could add depth and maybe in the Patriots OL school he becomes a solid player
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

Pats,
    I too like the idea of targeting a CB with Oaklands pick.  Janoris Jenkins from Florida is the guy I have my eye on (though I like Harris as well), assuming he declares.  Kid looks to have shut down ability and I'd love to see the Gainesville to Foxboro pipeline continue.

I like what I've read about Jarrett.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Thought on the OLBs, I think we were all surpriced to see Arrington line up at DE.  Could we see a shift in BB looking for a smaller very fast guy this draft?  This is a strickly a matchup problem with RTs, speed kills most RTs as they do not have the footwork to deal with very fast rushers.  If that's the case can a guy like, Dontay Moch 6'1" 240lbs reporterly runs a 4.38 40 be a target this coming draft.  This is a true OLB, very good getting to the QB and tackler in the backfield.
    Plays for Nevada was the WAC's defensive player of the year, he will be a 2nd round pick.  He has over 20 sacks in his college career, and a ton of TFL.  This guy could be a very good speed pass rusher.  He has sub package writen all over him. 

Was looking for video to share found this article and has video but says this dude has been timed at sub 4.3 40.  A 6'1" 240+ guy running that fast?  On the video you see some really good plays and some overpesue but is always coming.  Plays here as a DE. Liked what I see as a 2nd rounder.  Has special teams and sub packages (be honest that's 50% of snaps in NE).  IMO upgrade speed over any of the OLBs on the team. 

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2010/6/14/1518242/rumors-of-dontay-mochs-speed-are

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED WITH MOCK V1*** : Pats, I too like the idea of targeting a CB with Oaklands pick.  Janoris Jenkins from Florida is the guy I have my eye on (though I like Harris as well), assuming he declares.  Kid looks to have shut down ability and I'd love to see the Gainesville to Foxboro pipeline continue. I like what I've read about Jarrett.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

I like Jenkins as well, both Harris or Jenkins I think would be solid guys in their first year.  Seen too much of Chung playing in the slot covering to think if we had a more reliable CB Chung could be moved back.  Chung is vulnerable in coverage off the line.
    Having Bodden outside and another CB who can cover a slot guy is huge.  I really hope Butler comes around this season.  If he does he has the skill set to be that guy but he needs to turn it around.  You can't have enough CBs.  Don't even want to think what we would had done if DM was not drafted with Bodden going on IR.
    Next season who ever is on the right side is going to be targeted, no QB is going to throw too much to Devin's side. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]Faucet, You touch on all of the major areas of need with this mock, which looks great...one question I have relates to Hankerson....most sites I see don't show him rated that high...Baldwin, Broyles, Little, and Floyd should be available at 33...I think he looks to have some great potential....could he be had at 96 or 127? I personally would love to have Justin Blackmon, but wonder how long he will last.
    Posted by mcboyd22[/QUOTE]
    Other than Little, those guys are all underclassmen.  You can't count on them coming out.  I would take Blackmon and Broyles ahead of Hankerson, but not the others.  I would take Green and Jones over Hankerson too but they will be gone early.

As for Hankerson being a 3rd or 4th round pick, are you KIDDING?  He has nobody to throw him the ball and he's still one of the most productive WRs in school history.  Look at his accomplishments at the U:

*  12 TD receptions breaks Michael Irvin's single season record
    *  3 TD against Clemson ties Santana Holmes, Tony Gaiter and Lamar Thomas for bost ever in a game
    *  His 90.42 receiving yards per game ranks him at 16 in the nation ahead of Floyd and Jones again with no QB
    *  He has 66 catches for 1,085 and 12 TD, again with no QB
    *  His 1,085 yards put him 3rd all time behind Andre Johnson (1,092 in 2002) and Eddie Brown (1114 in 1984)

I'm not saying Hankerson is the best WR in the draft.  But there is no way he gets through the 2nd round.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]Thought on the OLBs, I think we were all surpriced to see Arrington line up at DE.  Could we see a shift in BB looking for a smaller very fast guy this draft?  This is a strickly a matchup problem with RTs, speed kills most RTs as they do not have the footwork to deal with very fast rushers.  If that's the case can a guy like, Dontay Moch 6'1" 240lbs reporterly runs a 4.38 40 be a target this coming draft.  This is a true OLB, very good getting to the QB and tackler in the backfield. Plays for Nevada was the WAC's defensive player of the year, he will be a 2nd round pick.  He has over 20 sacks in his college career, and a ton of TFL.  This guy could be a very good speed pass rusher.  He has sub package writen all over him.  Was looking for video to share found this article and has video but says this dude has been timed at sub 4.3 40.  A 6'1" 240+ guy running that fast?  On the video you see some really good plays and some overpesue but is always coming.  Plays here as a DE. Liked what I see as a 2nd rounder.  Has special teams and sub packages (be honest that's 50% of snaps in NE).  IMO upgrade speed over any of the OLBs on the team.  http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2010/6/14/1518242/rumors-of-dontay-mochs-speed-are
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]
    Wow.  6-1, 242 had me overlook him but you're right.  A guy that big and fast could be a real weapon out there.  He's taller than James Harrison 6-0, 242 and we all know Harrison can play.  I think Moch could be used as a Hybrid SS/LB too.  He would be a beast on special teams.  As a rush OLB coming on a blitz, I like it.  Nice find Pats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

Faucet what are your thoughts on Titus Young of Boise State?  I watched the Boise State/Nevada game and he looked really good.  Seems like he's got that quickness and good route running.  Not to mention the guy is fast.  He is a bit thin but the kid can play.  I'm thinking 2nd/3rd round for him.  Also what do you think of Vai Taua running back from Nevada?  He's put up monster numbers the last couple of years but he plays in an unconventional offense.  He's got good size though and he's productive.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

With Woody and Benny probably going to resign I think  the Pats should try to look at Demarco Murray with their pick which will probably be in the range of 27-32. 

He is easily the best back in this draft IMO. Im off the Ingram train

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]Faucet what are your thoughts on Titus Young of Boise State?  I watched the Boise State/Nevada game and he looked really good.  Seems like he's got that quickness and good route running.  Not to mention the guy is fast.  He is a bit thin but the kid can play.  I'm thinking 2nd/3rd round for him.  Also what do you think of Vai Taua running back from Nevada?  He's put up monster numbers the last couple of years but he plays in an unconventional offense.  He's got good size though and he's productive.
    Posted by PatsNut5480[/QUOTE]
    I've watched both players especially Titus Young.  I've seen him now 4-5 times.  Titus Young is a very good receiver.  He runs crisp routes.  He has excellent hands.  He's fearless.  He'll take it over the middle and makes the catch knowing he's going to get hit.  He can make the great catch.  He makes the clutch catch.  Late in the Nevada game with the game tied, Young caught a hail Mary pass layed out between two defenders.  He's 5-11, listed at 170, 4.48.  He needs to obviously hit the weight room which it looks like he has.  I currently have him as a 3rd round pick but it will depend how many junior WRs come out and go ahead of him.  If the juniors stay in, he could sneak into the late 2nd.

Vai Taua for Nevada is a physical back.  He's not blessed with great speed but at 5-10, 220 he has great leverage and he never stops driving often moving the pile for an extra yard.  His 125 rushing yards per game rank him 7th in the Nation.  I currently have a lot of RBs ahead of him.  I have him at 14th out of 15 backs I'm following which would put him in the 6-7 round range.  I'm including 5 junior tailbacks in this; Ingram, LeShoure, Vereen, Todman and Clay.  If less than 5 come out, Taua could move up.  I think his ceiling would be 4th round with a strong combine. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]With Woody and Benny probably going to resign I think  the Pats should try to look at Demarco Murray with their pick which will probably be in the range of 27-32.  He is easily the best back in this draft IMO. Im off the Ingram train
    Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]
    Got to disagree with you on Murray.  He's had a very disappointing season running the ball this year.  As a pass catcher, he's one of the best.  I've dropped Murray to #6 RB on my board which would mean late 2nd, early 3rd assuming the juniors I have ahead of him come out.  Murray's, 4.2 ypc is among the worst of the elite backs.  He's one hit and done when he runs between the tackles.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED WITH MOCK V1*** : Wow.  6-1, 242 had me overlook him but you're right.  A guy that big and fast could be a real weapon out there.  He's taller than James Harrison 6-0, 242 and we all know Harrison can play.  I think Moch could be used as a Hybrid SS/LB too.  He would be a beast on special teams.  As a rush OLB coming on a blitz, I like it.  Nice find Pats.

Thanks Faucet, read an article about the game plan Nevada vs Boise State, basically they used him as a OLB to rush and rush often.  he only had .5 sack but because Boise accounted for him on every down other DL/LBs were able to get free. 
    When the D's game plan against a top 5 team is built around this kid's abilities there's something to be said.  This is not a kid who just runs fast, he's a defensive stud and would be IMO a piece BB would use all over the field and you are right, he would be awesome on special teams.  Can see him making all sorts of plays.  This is one I say get away from the 6'4 260+ and get him with one of the 2nd round picks (I believe the Pats will trade down in the 1st round so might be a few more 2nd round picks) but anyways this kid as you say could be a big safety/olb combo and give speed.

he might not have a ton of sacks but what he'll do is either give Cunningham or nink another second to get to the QB or force a bad throw and Mr. INT McCourty ripping the benefits.  LOL let me call BB right now let him know I want to see this kid's name next season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

[QUOTE]Slight change to my mock. #9       DE JJ Watt - Wisconsin #30     OT DeMarcus Love - Arkansas #33     WR Leonard Hankerson - Miami (FL) #62     RB Bilal Powell - Louisville #73     OLB KJ Wright - Mississippi State #96     FB Owen Marecic - Stanford #127   OG Justin Boren - Ohio State 6th      C Jake Kirkpatrick - TCU I would be absolutely thrilled with this draft.  As everyone knows, I think JJ Watt is a superstar in waiting.  He will immediately replace Deaderick on the right side with Ty Warren returning.  I've seen DeMarcus Love play a few times now and I think he could be better than Carimi.  He's not as tall so perhaps we move him to the right side and Vollmer to LT.   I waited until the second round to get my skill players.   I've also seen Hankerson play several times now.  He's clearly the best Senior WR in the draft. (In fact, all of my picks are seniors except Watt who is a 4 year junior).  Hankerson can catch and block and at 6-3, 208 he can get down the field and win against most corners.  Mb sold me on Powell.  I think he is a complete back who is bigger and faster than BJGE.  Powell can hit the home run both running and receiving. I've written a lot about KJ Wright lately.  I think he is a very solid player.  He plays OLB at a high level in the SEC and excels against elite competition.  Wright is in on or around every play.  He can rush the passer, he can drop into coverage and he's a captain.  Marecic is a BB type player.  He will block, run, catch and even play a little LB if you need him too.  Being from Stanford you know he has the smarts.  Justin Boren is a solid Guard.  He's 4th on my list behind Henry, Moffitt and Schilling.  I just posted a piece on Kirkpatrick.  How this guy isn't rated higher is a mystery to me.  Give him one year to learn and he'll be ready to take Koppen's job in 2012.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Faucet, MB is not high on DeMarcus Love of AK - see his previous comment 10/30 re Love - that's awful optimistic on Love; at this point he's not even regarded as the top OT and one draft publication questions whether or not he'll be able to stay at tackle in the NFL. 

Also, saw Miss State Wright vs Ole Miss and did not see anything special in his play.  I would rather go with someone else in the 4th round.  I like a lot of your other picks, though.  At this point, I like:

R1 Raider pick - JJ Watt

R1 Pats - Jeremy Beal of OU

R2 Panther pick - OT Matt Renyolds BYU or OT Marcus Cannon TCU

R2 Pats - OG Moffitt of Wisc or Hwnry of Neb

R3 Vikes pick - CB Johnny Patrick Louisville - MB he is rising on boards!  MB said he would check this guy out.
    R3 Pats - RB Powell Louisville MB's boy!!!
    R4 Pats - OLB Brooks Reed AZ

R5 Pats - C Jake Kirkpatrick TCU

R6 Pats - WR Marqis Summers Ole Miss 6'3" good speed and with bad team (1-7 in SEC) Guy averaged 20 yards per catch with 6 TD's.  He also drew 2 pass interference calls when one-on-one with LSU's great Pat Perterson in the LSU-Ole Miss game a couple of weeks ago which LSU pulled out in last minute.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

Here is a good highlight video of WR Titus Young of Boise State. He has great moves and vision in the open field. He's listed as a 4.43 40yd dash but looks a little faster. He on the small side built like Desean Jackson. He may fall to the 3rd round.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPM5ttLp_Qg&feature=related

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Faucet, MB is not high on DeMarcus Love of AK - see his previous comment 10/30 re Love - that's awful optimistic on Love; at this point he's not even regarded as the top OT and one draft publication questions whether or not he'll be able to stay at tackle in the NFL.  Also, saw Miss State Wright vs Ole Miss and did not see anything special in his play.  I would rather go with someone else in the 4th round.  I like a lot of your other picks, though.  At this point, I like: R1 Raider pick - JJ Watt R1 Pats - Jeremy Beal of OU R2 Panther pick - OT Matt Renyolds BYU or OT Marcus Cannon TCU R2 Pats - OG Moffitt of Wisc or Hwnry of Neb R3 Vikes pick - CB Johnny Patrick Louisville - MB he is rising on boards!  MB said he would check this guy out. R3 Pats - RB Powell Louisville MB's boy!!! R4 Pats - OLB Brooks Reed AZ R5 Pats - C Jake Kirkpatrick TCU R6 Pats - WR Marqis Summers Ole Miss 6'3" good speed and with bad team (1-7 in SEC) Guy averaged 20 yards per catch with 6 TD's.  He also drew 2 pass interference calls when one-on-one with LSU's great Pat Perterson in the LSU-Ole Miss game a couple of weeks ago which LSU pulled out in last minute.
    Posted by fyyankees[/QUOTE]

Fyyankees,

My comments in red:

Faucet, MB is not high on DeMarcus Love of AK - see his previous comment 10/30 re Love - that's awful optimistic on Love; at this point he's not even regarded as the top OT and one draft publication questions whether or not he'll be able to stay at tackle in the NFL. 

I wouldn’t say that I’m not high on him, but I don’t think he’s a top 10 overall pick per that 10/30 post.  He looks like a 2nd round prospect at this point and I’ve read conflicting reports on whether he’ll be able to stay at tackle in the NFL.

Also, saw Miss State Wright vs Ole Miss and did not see anything special in his play.  I would rather go with someone else in the 4th round.  I like a lot of your other picks, though.  At this point, I like:

R1 Raider pick - JJ Watt-  Tough to argue against taking him here if he declares and is available with their pick. 

R1 Pats - Jeremy Beal of OU- He’s not my first choice (see: Kerrigan, Ryan), but he looks like a solid option at OLB.

R2 Panther pick - OT Matt Renyolds BYU or OT Marcus Cannon TCU-  Reynolds is about 10 LB’s heaver than NE’s heaviest tackle (315 Vollmer/Kaczur) so he’d need to drop a few if he’s to be considered, IMO.  I don’t think Cannon is a fit for their scheme at either OT or OG, he’s listed at 6-5 361 which makes him better suited for Pittsburgh’s power scheme.

R2 Pats - OG Moffitt of Wisc or Hwnry of Neb  I like what I’ve read, seen in Henry and think he’s exactly the type of OG they generally target.  Rugged, durable, understands leverage (former wrestler) and can be a mean SOB on the field.  Moffitt looks like a solid option though I think he’d need to drop 10 pounds to be considered if he’s actually around 323 as I see him frequently listed.

R3 Vikes pick - CB Johnny Patrick Louisville - MB he is rising on boards!  MB said he would check this guy out.-
    I just checked out some video on Patrick and was impressed.  He looked physical and aggressive in press man, closed quickly in off man and showed some awareness in zone, also appeared to have some solid ball skills, locating it quickly and making a play on it.  He also read his keys well and filled hard vs. the run and was a secure tackler.  I didn’t see much if any separation from the WR’s in the video I reviewed.  Looks like a solid 3rd rounder with 2nd round potential.  He did face assault charges in June for allegedly throwing a women to the ground over a cell phone dispute, so his back ground will likely need to be thoroughly checked out.

R3 Pats - RB Powell Louisville MB's boy!!! Yessir!

R4 Pats - OLB Brooks Reed AZ- For those that haven’t see him, he has the physical appearance, quick first step and aggression of Clay Mathews, IMO.

R5 Pats - C Jake Kirkpatrick TCU- Could be a solid late round find for Faucet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***UPDATED WITH MOCK V1*** : Fyyankees, My comments in red: Faucet, MB is not high on DeMarcus Love of AK - see his previous comment 10/30 re Love - that's awful optimistic on Love; at this point he's not even regarded as the top OT and one draft publication questions whether or not he'll be able to stay at tackle in the NFL.  I wouldn’t say that I’m not high on him, but I don’t think he’s a top 10 overall pick per that 10/30 post.   He looks like a 2 nd round prospect at this point and I’ve read conflicting reports on whether he’ll be able to stay at tackle in the NFL. Also, saw Miss State Wright vs Ole Miss and did not see anything special in his play.  I would rather go with someone else in the 4th round.  I like a lot of your other picks, though.  At this point, I like:     R1 Raider pick - JJ Watt-   Tough to argue against taking him here if he declares and is available with their pick.   R1 Pats - Jeremy Beal of OU- He’s not my first choice (see: Kerrigan, Ryan), but he looks like a solid option at OLB. R2 Panther pick - OT Matt Renyolds BYU or OT Marcus Cannon TCU -   Reynolds is about 10 LB’s heaver than NE’s heaviest tackle (315 Vollmer/Kaczur) so he’d need to drop a few if he’s to be considered, IMO.   I don’t think Cannon is a fit for their scheme at either OT or OG, he’s listed at 6-5 361 which makes him better suited for Pittsburgh’s power scheme. R2 Pats - OG Moffitt of Wisc or Hwnry of Neb   I like what I’ve read, seen in Henry and think he’s exactly the type of OG they generally target.   Rugged, durable, understands leverage (former wrestler) and can be a mean SOB on the field.   Moffitt looks like a solid option though I think he’d need to drop 10 pounds to be considered if he’s actually around 323 as I see him frequently listed. R3 Vikes pick - CB Johnny Patrick Louisville - MB he is rising on boards!  MB said he would check this guy out.- I just checked out some video on Patrick and was impressed.   He looked physical and aggressive in press man, closed quickly in off man and showed some awareness in zone, also appeared to have some solid ball skills, locating it quickly and making a play on it.   He also read his keys well and filled hard vs. the run and was a secure tackler.   I didn’t see much if any separation from the WR’s in the video I reviewed.   Looks like a solid 3 rd rounder with 2 nd round potential.   He did face assault charges in June for allegedly throwing a women to the ground over a cell phone dispute, so his back ground will likely need to be thoroughly checked out. R3 Pats - RB Powell Louisville MB's boy!!! Yessir! R4 Pats - OLB Brooks Reed AZ- For those that haven’t see him, he has the physical appearance, quick first step and aggression of Clay Mathews, IMO. R5 Pats - C Jake Kirkpatrick TCU- Could be a solid late round find for Faucet.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Thanks MB for the above, and how about this idea to get your boy - and many others on this post - Ryan Kerrigan in the first round.  This presumes we use Raider pick for JJ Watt.  I am confident he will be available at this pick (#10 or 11), because many of the teams picking ahead are in need of Offense and I project 4 QBs, the 2 great WR and the 2 great BDs evreyone knows about, and Auburn's Fairley (Denver probably) and a couple of others going ahead of JJ Watt.

We trade up from our Pats 1st round pick (I peg at #26-#28) exchanging this pick and our lower #2 Pats pick (not Panther pick which should be #1 in second round) with the Washington Redskins for their first round pick.  The Skins are having a rough time of it and its getting tougher - many injuries and just bad players and no quality depth.  Schedule is brutal with two games with GMen coming and Tampa, Jacksonville, Dallas at D.  I see them at 6-10 or 7-9, winning only one more games.  Their pick is likely to be in the #12-16 range.  We get your OLB Kerrigan right here with this pick via Redskins.

Skins would do this, I believe, because Coach Shanny is a running game guy and his Oline is pitiful.  They are near last in NFC running the ball.  He can get a good OL guy with Pats #1 and also gat the Redskins a second round choice where maybe they get a good WR or NT.  They desperately need to fill these holes, and currently have no second round choice.  That pick went to the Eagles for Donovan McNabb acquisition.

What say you MB and others re prospects of this working out? 

Would mean we use our top 3rd round pick (#8 or so from Vikings) on OG and hopefully Henry of NE is still there or maybe John Boren of Ohio State meets our need here.  We still get Powell with other third.  Johnny Patrick with fourth rounder, or if he is gone as is likely, we just grab best available CB at that point or fill this need via FA.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]Faucet, MB is not high on DeMarcus Love of AK - see his previous comment 10/30 re Love - that's awful optimistic on Love; at this point he's not even regarded as the top OT and one draft publication questions whether or not he'll be able to stay at tackle in the NFL.  Also, saw Miss State Wright vs Ole Miss and did not see anything special in his play.  I would rather go with someone else in the 4th round.  I like a lot of your other picks, though.  At this point, I like: R1 Raider pick - JJ Watt R1 Pats - Jeremy Beal of OU R2 Panther pick - OT Matt Renyolds BYU or OT Marcus Cannon TCU R2 Pats - OG Moffitt of Wisc or Hwnry of Neb R3 Vikes pick - CB Johnny Patrick Louisville - MB he is rising on boards!  MB said he would check this guy out. R3 Pats - RB Powell Louisville MB's boy!!! R4 Pats - OLB Brooks Reed AZ R5 Pats - C Jake Kirkpatrick TCU R6 Pats - WR Marqis Summers Ole Miss 6'3" good speed and with bad team (1-7 in SEC) Guy averaged 20 yards per catch with 6 TD's.  He also drew 2 pass interference calls when one-on-one with LSU's great Pat Perterson in the LSU-Ole Miss game a couple of weeks ago which LSU pulled out in last minute.
    I finally got a chance to see a Colorado game.  Solder looks like he's a giant out there playing with Pop Warner kids.  Love looked good to me when I saw him but I don't have a strong preference on any of the top OTs.  My idea for Love was to play him at RT moving Vollmer to LT.  I doubt the kid from BYU will come out but there are still; Castonzo, Carimi, Solder, Sherrod and Love to chose from and I think our late 1st there should be at least one of them left.  Cannon is a RT and most think he will kick inside to OG in the NFL.

Your comments about Wright surprised me.  Are you sure we were watching the same game, Miss St vs. Ole Miss?  I watched that game with the specific purpose of watching Wright on every play.  His name was called all day long.  He ended up with 9 tackles (6 solo), 2 for a loss (10 yards), had 2 sacks and 1 pass defended.  We're talking about an OLB here.  His teammate, Chris White is usually the one making all the tackles.  I like White too. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks MB for the above, and how about this idea to get your boy - and many others on this post - Ryan Kerrigan in the first round.  This presumes we use Raider pick for JJ Watt.  I am confident he will be available at this pick (#10 or 11), because many of the teams picking ahead are in need of Offense and I project 4 QBs, the 2 great WR and the 2 great BDs evreyone knows about, and Auburn's Fairley (Denver probably) and a couple of others going ahead of JJ Watt. We trade up from our Pats 1st round pick (I peg at #26-#28) exchanging this pick and our lower #2 Pats pick (not Panther pick which should be #1 in second round) with the Washington Redskins for their first round pick.  The Skins are having a rough time of it and its getting tougher - many injuries and just bad players and no quality depth.  Schedule is brutal with two games with GMen coming and Tampa, Jacksonville, Dallas at D.  I see them at 6-10 or 7-9, winning only one more games.  Their pick is likely to be in the #12-16 range.  We get your OLB Kerrigan right here with this pick via Redskins. Skins would do this, I believe, because Coach Shanny is a running game guy and his Oline is pitiful.  They are near last in NFC running the ball.  He can get a good OL guy with Pats #1 and also gat the Redskins a second round choice where maybe they get a good WR or NT.  They desperately need to fill these holes, and currently have no second round choice.  That pick went to the Eagles for Donovan McNabb acquisition. What say you MB and others re prospects of this working out?  Would mean we use our top 3rd round pick (#8 or so from Vikings) on OG and hopefully Henry of NE is still there or maybe John Boren of Ohio State meets our need here.  We still get Powell with other third.  Johnny Patrick with fourth rounder, or if he is gone as is likely, we just grab best available CB at that point or fill this need via FA.
    I have the Skins finishing at 6-10, tied with 4 other teams too.  I actually looked at the teams around them to project their finish because I wanted to project where OAK would finish.  The OAK pick could be as high as 9.  Right now I have WAS finishing at in the 12-13 range.  However, I have the Pats at 30 right now having us playing in the AFC Championship game.  Assuming this is how it plays out we'd have to use both our 30 (620) and 33 (580) to move up to 12 (1200).  Pick 62 is worth 284 points which only gets us up to 18.  Now we'd be talking to someone like SD, JAC, MIA or IND.  JAC has been a trading partner in the past.

I think it would take a miracle to get both Watt and Kerrigan.  I'm not sure Watt is there at 9 even.  We might have to burn that 9+62 to move up to 6.  Or, we could move down a couple of spots and land Kerrigan in the 12-13 range which would be good for another 3rd round pick, likely in 2012. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Here's my first round mock, I don't about the order.  Got it from Bleacher Report site so might not be too accurate but shouldn't be far off.  Sorry for the ton of room it will take. 

1. Carolina Panthers
    Da'Quan Bowers DE they give clausen one more year to grow, Bowers will replace JP.
    2. Detroit Lions
    Patrick Peterson CB Gives the Lions a shutdown CB they lack.
    3. Cincinnati Bengals
    Andrew Luck QB Palmer is done in Cincy, he's been terrible since his knee was blown, he's not the same QB
    4. Buffalo Bills
    A.J. Green WR They will stick with Fitz, they give him a big target
    5. Arizona Cardinals
    Cam Newton QB wow did I just really make him a top 10 pick??? Yes 8 in the box, single coverage on LF.
    6. Dallas Cowboys
    Prince Amukamara CB They can use some OL help but no OL worth the 6th pik
    7. Denver Broncos
    Marcell Dareus DE/DT They need the help stopping the run and a player to make plays in the backfield
    8. San Francisco 49ers
    Ryan Mallett QB As the Cardinals IMO they are a QB away from been a better team
    9. Minnesota Vikings
    Jake Locker QB they can't afford not to take a QB
    10. Cleveland Browns
    Robert Quinn DE/OLB no brainer here, this guy will lead them in sacks
    11. St. Louis Rams
    Julio Jones WR Bradford is looking like a all pro without a true #1
    12. NE Patriots
    Nick Fairley DE I've been mocking Harris but if it falls this way, can we pass up Fairly?!!!
    13. Seattle Seahawks
    Derek Sherrod OT They have 3 OL as Fas next season, they need the help all QBs off the board they wait for their QB
    14. Wasn Redskins
    Justin Blackmon WR they give DM a WR who won't drop a pass
    15. Tennessee Titans
    Brandon Harris CB they have a CB one fight away from suspension and another that doesn't match up well in that division with big receivers, Jenkins shutdown talent
    16. Houston Texans
    Janoris Jenkins CB They need help in their secondary
    17. San Diego Chargers
    Ryan Kerrigan OLB the chargers need another pass rusher, Kerrigan will help
    18. Indianapolis Colts
    Gabe Carimi OT They begin to rebuild the OL, after Manning was hit rushed and embarrased last weekend this is a glaring need
    19. Miami Dolphins
    Mark Ingram RB either Brown or Williams will be gone next season, they replace with Ingram.
    20. Kansas City Chiefs
    Akeem Ayers OLB gives them anoter guy who can get to the QB, will make their D very dangerous
    21. New York Giants
    Stephen Paea DT gives the Giants a run stopping DT who will push the middle of the pocket.
    22. Jacksonville Jaguars
    Jeremy Beal DE Kampman gone a second year with a knee injury, Beal takes his spot at DE
    23. TB Buccaneers
    Travis Lewis OLB Will fit right in with that Tampa 2
    24. Philadelphia Eagles
    DeMarcus Love OT Vick needs a little help on the OL
    25. Green Bay Packers
    JJ Watt DE BJ Raji at NT, Clay Matthews rushing and JJ Watt at DE, wow!
    26. New Orleans Saints
    Justin Houston DE/OLB will help the Saints get some sacks
    27. Chicago Bears
    Anthony Costanzo OT no secret here, they will pick any OT left at this point
    28. Baltimore Ravens
    Aaron Williams CB Ravens need help at CB, Williams could start over their current CBs
    29. Pittsburgh Steelers
    Mike Pouncey OG why not they found a C in a Pouncey y not a OG in another Pouncey?
    30. New York Jets
    Jonathan Baldwin WR they need a DE and OLB rush LB but their 3 WRs are Fas, they have spent a ton on Fas already so won't be able to keep them all
    31. Atlanta Falcons
    Nate Solder OT will start at LT and makes matty ice even better with an extra second to get the ball out
    32. NE Patriots
    Brandon Burton CB still get a Brandon, instead of Harris is Burton.  His coach describes him as a lockdown CB.  He's 6'0" 190 reporterly runs 4.4.  This kid is talked about very highly about the coaching staff, any connections between BB and Utah?  He putting up numbers with QBs trying to avoid him, he's making the most from every pass thrown his way.    

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I love the Fairley pick but he won't be there.  There is no way on God's green earth that both Fairley and Watt get out of the top 10.  Dareus will not come off the board before Fairley.  If Justin Blackmon comes out, he goes ahead of Jones IMO. 

I hate the CB pick in the first round.  Unless it's Peterson or perhaps Amukamara, I don't like it.  We have Bodden coming back.  It was a shoulder injury,  not a knee or something.  He should be at 100%.  If we want to add a CB, I still prefer getting a veteran in F/A.   

Don't worry, not shooting the messenger, these are just my comments.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]I love the Fairley pick but he won't be there.  There is no way on God's green earth that both Fairley and Watt get out of the top 10.  Dareus will not come off the board before Fairley.  If Justin Blackmon comes out, he goes ahead of Jones IMO.  I hate the CB pick in the first round.  Unless it's Peterson or perhaps Amukamara, I don't like it.  We have Bodden coming back.  It was a shoulder injury,  not a knee or something.  He should be at 100%.  If we want to add a CB, I still prefer getting a veteran in F/A.    Don't worry, not shooting the messenger, these are just my comments.

Maybe not in God's but my little corner of earth lol!  Nothing about the #1 overall?  I thought something would be said about Bowers #1 over a QB.

I think we need another young talented CB, what happens if Bodden or DM go down?  I hear you about a FA but who, not really anyone worth the CB $$s now a days.  Burton is a 4 down type guy, he won the game for Utah against BYU with a blocked field goal in the last second of the game.  He's a team guy and very coaches can't say enough good things about him.  He sounds like a guy I want on the team plays like one also.

Sections
Shortcuts