2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

Mb,  I guess I missed that you were discussing only prospects for the Pats, okay, well noted.  However, I don't think the Pats will be in the market for another RB unless someone gets hurt or someone they drafted busts.  Also, unless they have trade plans for Mallett, I don't see them drafting a QB either.  However, they need to add a WR for sure and I would think an OL type or two. 

Defensively I think they have to be looking at safety since Sanders is sure to get cut or not extended.  Meriweather also appears in jeopardy given his legal issues and the fact that he will become a F/A after 2011 and I don't see him worth the coin.  I'm really interested in how the DL and OLBs play this year.  If we don't see vast improvement, BB will have to address both positions next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***:
    Mb,  I guess I missed that you were discussing only prospects for the Pats, okay, well noted.  However, I don't think the Pats will be in the market for another RB unless someone gets hurt or someone they drafted busts.  Also, unless they have trade plans for Mallett, I don't see them drafting a QB either.  However, they need to add a WR for sure and I would think an OL type or two.  Defensively I think they have to be looking at safety since Sanders is sure to get cut or not extended.  Meriweather also appears in jeopardy given his legal issues and the fact that he will become a F/A after 2011 and I don't see him worth the coin.  I'm really interested in how the DL and OLBs play this year.  If we don't see vast improvement, BB will have to address both positions next year.
    Posted by Faucetman
    Tori Gurley from South Carolina went undrafted I wonder if BB gives him a look see he definately is a good receiver. Though his counter part at USC got all the ink Jeffrey! If you are looking a WR/SR Maehl went undrafted.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

faucet- if you think we need a safety (and I agree) that almost guarantees BB wont draft one! haha

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

The last few days of On-the-front-burner without a 2011 Draft Options Header just didnt seem right...so...

BUMP .

Here's an interesting sight to check out for NFL Draft stuff  run by an up n coming 20 year old guy named Shawn Zobel :

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

At the rate negotiations are going the 2012 draft is right around the corner!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***:
    The last few days of On-the-front-burner without a 2011 Draft Options Header just didnt seem right...so... BUMP .    Here's an interesting sight to check out for NFL Draft stuff  run by an up n coming 20 year old guy named Shawn Zobel : Shawn Zobel's Draft Headquarters Website - Best of the best for NFL Draft Information!
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro

Cap,
    Thanks for the link.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

Free agency will shore up the holes...http://60maxpowero.com/index.html

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Bump. The front page just isnt the same without this thread!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

This lock-out is messin' with my mind in regards to the Pats Draft haul.

I keep going back n forth between liking and dis-liking  it.

I flip-flopper ... 

Sometimes I look at passing on Prince Amukamura and think mistake.
      I look at Ras -I Dowling as an injury waiting to happen ( and also wonder why the SF deal wasn't done -moving back and still getting our guy , and if not... would missing out on Dowling really have been so terrible ? ) 
      I see us taking Vareen / Ridley back-to-back and think both were taken too high ( Ridley with a 3rd seems about 2 or 3 ticks too high ). Especially when I see a Rb that I personally think has the potential to be the best in the class  /> Kendall Hunter < go a full round later and wonder what BB didnt see in him ( Then again , at the time I thought Maroney was a great pick )
      I look at a team on the verge of snagging their 4th Championship Title and see roster fodder added like Ryan Mallette with an important 3rd rounder (Lets face it , If he sees the feild for extended time in 2011 = NO SB ) .
     I see us using a pick to add to our most stacked position  /> Tight End and wonder ...whathe F ?
      And of course the inevitable question of WHY nobody was chosen who could get after the qb ? 

Other days I reason that left tackles like SOLDER don't come along every day and the O-Line was a HUGE NEED ( and for all of Prince's natural ability ~ he just doesnt have the ball hawking skills that Ras-I does )
       I also tell myself that BB is revamping the running game and see's the two newbies as fitting in nicely over the next 4 or 5 years( along with the drafts best blocking TE ) and that Mallette just represented too much value to pass on 
     Finally , I remind myself that this is a backward type of year , with free agency coming after the draft so BB probably has his eye on the Vikes Edwards or ??? .

Ok ...Im back to liking it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Da Thread Is Dead!  Der Tag and RIP.  Thanks to MB, Faucetman and y'all.
    To football in the fall, for us all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

This lock-out is messin' with my mind in regards to the Pats Draft haul. I keep going back n forth between liking and dis-liking  it. I flip-flopper ...  Sometimes I look at passing on Prince Amukamura and think mistake .   I look at Ras -I Dowling as an injury waiting to happen ( and also wonder why the SF deal wasn't done -moving back and still getting our guy , and if not... would missing out on Dowling really have been so terrible ? )    I see us taking Vareen / Ridley back-to-back and think both were taken too high ( Ridley with a 3rd seems about 2 or 3 ticks too high ). Especially when I see a Rb that I personally think has the potential to be the best in the class  /> Kendall Hunter < go a full round later and wonder what BB didnt see in him ( Then again , at the time I thought Maroney was a great pick )   I look at a team on the verge of snagging their 4th Championship Title and see roster fodder added like Ryan Mallette with an important 3rd rounder (Lets face it , If he sees the feild for extended time in 2011 = NO SB ) .  I see us using a pick to add to our most stacked position  /> Tight End and wonder ...whathe F ?   And of course the inevitable question of WHY nobody was chosen who could get after the qb ?     Other days I reason that left tackles like SOLDER don't come along every day and the O-Line was a HUGE NEED ( and for all of Prince's natural ability ~ he just doesnt have the ball hawking skills that Ras-I does )    I also tell myself that BB is revamping the running game and see's the two newbies as fitting in nicely over the next 4 or 5 years( along with the drafts best blocking TE ) and that Mallette just represented too much value to pass on   Finally , I remind myself that this is a backward type of year , with free agency coming after the draft so BB probably has his eye on the Vikes Edwards or ??? . Ok ...Im back to liking it.  
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro
    I don't try an evaluate what BB is thinking when he drafts because you have too consider what he acquires in the way of future picks! If you just look for college name power it would appear that BB may have missed the boat,but he did draft five quality name players in Solder,Vereen,Ras I,Cannon and Mallett thats a pretty good haul when you consider that he also acquired two more early round picks for next years draft provided there is still a player draft. As for Ridley he was a productive RB in the SEC so he is more than a JAG,and Smith is the best blocking TE in the draft so all in all the grade on this draft has to be no less than an A-. Again when a player has no experience in the league he also has no status other than his draft position hence no gradeable reference.

Sections
Shortcuts