2011 Patriots Draft Options ***THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED!***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK***

I like Chekwa too and I often include him in my mocks usually with the MIN pick.  He probably climbs into the mid 2nd before the draft.  This draft could be potentially loaded at the CB position.  That is another reason why I'm against spending one of our top 3 picks at CB.  Chekwa could end up being as good as Harris or Jenkins.  At this early stage, look how many CBs could go in the first 4 rounds.

Patrick Peterson JR
    Price Amukamara
    Brandon Harris JR
    Janoris Jenkins JR
    Ras-I Dowling
    Chimdi Chekwa
    Aaron Williams JR
    Rashad Carmichael
    Jimmy Smith
    Davon House
    Brandon Burton JR
    Chase Minnifield JR
    Curtis Brown
    Johnny Patrick
    Shareece Wright
    Chris Rucker
    Korey Lindsey
    Brandon Hogan
    Curtis Marsh

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I see BB picking up a RB in free agency that is proven, a guy like Pierre Thomas or Deangelo Williams....Also, the free agent market is suppose to be HUGE this year...maybe some of the Patriots needs will come from that....while the draft is fun to think about it's way too early to speculate for me, I'm just going to enjoy the team as it is for now & get caught up in all the draft stuff after the season comes to an end..hopefully with the final win coming in February!!!!
    Have Fun!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Good post DMC...it seems like Belichick likes to pick up some players pre-draft via free agency to give less of an indication of where he may be going on draft day. Similar to getting Alge Crumpler in March of this year, or grabbing Fred Taylor, Joey Galloway, etc.

Whether they are for training camp competition or if he truly thinks they will make the team is anyones guess, but I think their is a veil of smoke and mirrors involved too.

With that in mind, I would expect to see some free agent O-lineman, possibly a RB and/or LB selected in free agency prior to the draft.

Would love to get our hands on Lamarr Woodley...imagine the options in the draft if we get him....no longer are we worrying about Jeremy Beal, Von Miller, Akeem Ayers....

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK***:
    I see BB picking up a RB in free agency that is proven, a guy like Pierre Thomas or Deangelo Williams....Also, the free agent market is suppose to be HUGE this year...maybe some of the Patriots needs will come from that....while the draft is fun to think about it's way too early to speculate for me, I'm just going to enjoy the team as it is for now & get caught up in all the draft stuff after the season comes to an end..hopefully with the final win coming in February!!!! Have Fun!!!
    Posted by dmcpatsfan

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I see BB picking up a RB in free agency that is proven, a guy like Pierre Thomas or Deangelo Williams....Also, the free agent market is suppose to be HUGE this year...maybe some of the Patriots needs will come from that....while the draft is fun to think about it's way too early to speculate for me, I'm just going to enjoy the team as it is for now & get caught up in all the draft stuff after the season comes to an end..hopefully with the final win coming in February!!!! Have Fun!!!
    Posted by dmcpatsfan

Brian Leonard is a guy that interests me as FA RB.  He fits the mold of a Patriot type in that he's a team first guy with a ton of versatility.  Good size and athleticism, can pick up a the tough yard, has the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield and will play on special teams.  If they're look to make a bigger splash, Pierre Thomas (as you mentioned) is another guy that interests me and their were rumors that BB had interest in him during the trade deadline.  He's missed a lot of this season with an injury but is also versatile, has good size and can catch the football.  Overall, he's a higher end option than Leonard but will likely cost a lot more. Much depends on how they view Benny long term. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK*** : Brian Leonard is a guy that interests me as FA RB.  He fits the mold of a Patriot type in that he's a team first guy with a ton of versatility.  Good size and athleticism, can pick up a the tough yard, has the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield and will play on special teams.  If they're look to make a bigger splash, Pierre Thomas (as you mentioned) is another guy that interests me and their were rumors that BB had interest in him during the trade deadline.  He's missed a lot of this season with an injury but is also versatile, has good size and can catch the football.  Overall, he's a higher end option than Leonard but will likely cost a lot more. Much depends on how they view Benny long term. 
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

leonard looks pretty good to me he was one of the guys i have on my wish list as well. another bengals player who interests me is Johnathan Joseph CB (CIN). DeAngelo Williams RB (Carolina) and David Hawthorne OLB (SEA) also sound like good additions.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK*** : leonard looks pretty good to me he was one of the guys i have on my wish list as well. another bengals player who interests me is Johnathan Joseph CB (CIN) . DeAngelo Williams RB (Carolina) and David Hawthorne OLB (SEA) also sound like good additions.
    Posted by natesubs

Personally, I think Joseph and Williams will cost too much for BB's likings but Hawthorne is the kind of guy that could interest them.  He's made the most of his chance to play, has some decent girth (246 lbs) and looks to be an active/physical player.  He'll likely won't cost too much and will also provide some value on special teams.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Of course, there's the picks that won't be spent..traded up for ther following year.  Has anyone accounted for these?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

I'm hoping you can add Justin Blackmon to your list...doubtful we would take him as he is a WR and has had a few problems off the field...kid is going to be a great pro, I believe.

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK*** : I meant keep Woody and BJGE and get rid of the others, Taylor, Morris, Faulk. Word is LaMichael James is coming out.  I think he should be the first back taken.  I don't think we'd have interest but do you guys see him getting into the top 10 and perhaps affecting Watt?  Here's my crack at the top 64 assuming all elite eligible players declare.  There is a lot of guess work at this stage pre Bowl games, pre All Star game and pre Combine.  But knowing we could get 4 of these guys is awesome.  If Watt gets past 10, we have to move up to get him.  It may only cost us our late 3rd or MIN 3rd to do it. Rank Player Pos 1 Andrew Luck QB 2 Patrick Peterson CB 3 Ryan Mallett QB 4 Da'Quan Bowers DE 5 Nick Fairley DT 6 Cam Newton QB 7 Marcell Dareus DT 8 Robert Quinn DE 9 AJ Green WR 10 LaMichael James RB 11 JJ Watt DE 12 Ryan Kerrigan DE 13 Nate Solder OT 14 Janoris Jenkins CB 15 Akeem Ayers OLB 16 Prince Amukamara CB 17 Allen Bailey DE 18 Brandon Harris CB 19 Julio Jones WR 20 Anthony Castonzo OT 21 Ryan Broyles WR 22 Adrian Clayborn DE 23 Martez Wilson LB 24 Christain Ballard DT 25 Dont'a Hightower ILB 26 Cabe Carimi OT 27 Justin Houston DE 28 Rodney Hudson OG 29 Stefen Wisniewski C 30 Aaron Williams CB 31 Cameron Heyward DT 32 Jared Crick DT 33 Ras-I Dowling CB 34 Kenny Tate S 35 Lance Kendricks TE 36 Mark Ingram RB 37 Derek Sherrod OT 38 Jeremy Beal DE 39 Randall Cobb WR 40 Bilal Powell RB 41 Bruce Carter LB 42 Leonard Hankerson WR 43 KJ Wright OLB 44 Cameron Jordan DE 45 Mark Barron S 46 Jake Locker QB 47 Jonathan Baldwin WR 48 Rahim Moore S 49 Stephen Paea DT 50 Jurrell Casey DT 51 Stephen Schilling OG 52 Von Miller DE 53 Kyle Rudolph TE 54 Marvin Austin DT 55 Kristopher O'Dowd C 56 Shane Vereen RB 57 Tyron Smith OT 58 Lance Mitchell S 59 Brandon Burton S 60 Ryan Williams RB 61 Austin Pettis WR 62 DeMarcus Love OT 63 John Moffitt OG 64 Chimdi Chekwa CB
    Posted by Faucetman

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Now Wihite is lost for the season.  Our CBs are dropping like flies.  If this keeps up you guys will get your wish for another high CB in the draft.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I'm hoping you can add Justin Blackmon to your list...doubtful we would take him as he is a WR and has had a few problems off the field...kid is going to be a great pro, I believe. In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK*** :
    Posted by mcboyd22

I accidently missed him. I went back and added Blackmon and Alshon Jeffery to the top 32.  I removed Bruce Carter from the top 64 due to an ACL tear. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Here are a couple of mocks.  One has JJ Watt going to us at the end of the first round while the other has him going at 9.

Mock Drafts
    TeamRob RangChad Reuter
    Order12/14/201012/14/2010
    1. CARAndrew Luck, QBAndrew Luck, QB
    2. CINA.J. Green, WRDa'Quan Bowers, DE
    3. DENPatrick Peterson, CBPrince Amukamara, CB
    4. DETPrince Amukamara, CBPatrick Peterson, CB
    5. BUFNick Fairley, DTDerek Sherrod, OT
    6. DALDa'Quan Bowers, DENick Fairley, DT
    7. ARICam Newton, QBMarcell Dareus, DT
    8. WASMarcell Dareus, DTJake Locker , QB
    9. SFJ.J. Watt, DEA.J. Green, WR
    10. TENRyan Mallett , QBBrandon Harris, CB
    11. MINRobert Quinn, DECam Newton, QB
    12. HOUVon Miller, OLBRahim Moore, FS
    13. CLEAkeem Ayers, OLBCameron Jordan, DE
    14. STLJustin Blackmon, WRJulio Jones, WR
    15. SEAGabe Carimi, OTDrake Nevis, DT
    16. NEAdrian Clayborn, DERobert Quinn, DE
    17. SDAnthony Castonzo, OTCameron Heyward , DE
    18. INDMark Ingram, RBStephen Paea, DT
    19. MIARyan Broyles, WRMark Ingram, RB
    20. KCCameron Heyward , DEBruce Carter, OLB
    21. JACBrandon Harris, CBRyan Kerrigan, DE
    22. GBCameron Jordan, DEAkeem Ayers, OLB
    23. TBRyan Kerrigan, DEAdrian Clayborn, DE
    24. CHINate Solder, OTNate Solder, OT
    25. NYGDerek Sherrod, OTAnthony Castonzo, OT
    26. NYJPhil Taylor, DTMichael Floyd, WR
    27. PHIJimmy Smith, CBTyron Smith, OT
    28. BALAllen Bailey, DEStefen Wisniewski, C
    29. NODeMarcus Love, OTAllen Bailey, DE
    30. PITTyron Smith, OTDeMarcus Love, OT
    31. NEJulio Jones, WRJ.J. Watt, DE
    32. ATLAllen Bailey, DEJanoris Jenkins, CB

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK*** : fyy, I don't mind a difference of opinion, but I think you need to re-read my post. I've already stated that I'm not against them taking a DE (Watt/Fairley) or an OLB (Kerrigan; see post one of this thread) with Oaklands pick, however I think they go BPA (Best Player Available: The player that best upgrades their team) which may be a CB (Jenkins, who also projects as an elite defensive player).  Additionally, please explain how the argument of BPA "does not hold water"? 
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

MB, it appears to be semantics - sounds like we both mean BPA within team needs.  Literally BPA could mean - as I took it - if Cam Newton or Mark Ingram is there at 30 and is rated best left at that point; then according to BPA we would take that player.  We all know Pats don't need a QB no matter how highly rated or available, andthat BB won't be likely to draft a RB highly, no matter how BPA plays out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK*** : I accidently missed him. I went back and added Blackmon and Alshon Jeffery to the top 32.  I removed Bruce Carter from the top 64 due to an ACL tear. 
    Posted by Faucetman

i would add williams and evans rb's vt to ur list too both are solid players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Here's another mock.  I would be thrilled with this but it is too good to be true.

Home

16. Mock Draft
  17. NFL Draft
  18. Offensive Rankings
  19. Defensive Rankings
  20. About
  21. Mock Draft

Updated November 28th, 2010

Round 1
    1. Carolina (1-9)
    Pick: Adrian Clayborn, DT/DE, Iowa
    Analysis: Stanford’s Andrew Luck is the best player in the draft, but as a quarterback he does not fill a need for Carolina- who drafted Jimmy Clausen in the 2nd round last year to be their franchise quarterback.

Carolina does have major needs on defense, especially at defensive tackle. Clayborn has played mostly in a 3-4 front, but he has the body style and skills to slide inside and be a penetrating tackle.

Should this scenario take place on draft day, Carolina would most likely trade back.

2. Cincinnati (2-8)
    Pick: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
    Analysis: This might really surprise some fans, and probably upset quite a few Bengal supporters. The sad truth is that Carson Palmer is nowhere near who he once was. Injuries have downgraded him from a very good quarterback to an average one.

The future in Cincinnati, and their ability to turn a young team into a playoff contender, will fall on the very capable shoulders of Andrew Luck.

3. Detroit (2-8)
    Pick: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
    Analysis: The Lions have one of the worst cornerback duos in the NFL. Lucky for them college football’s best cornerback falls right into their laps here.

Peterson will make an immediate impact as a corner and return man for the Lions. This is a young team on the rise.

4. Buffalo (2-8)
    Pick: Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
    Analysis: As much as Buffalo fans and pundits want them to draft a quarterback, the more they win the less likely that seems. At pick #4 there are no quarterbacks of value, and without trading back Buffalo will be in a position to fill another need: offensive tackle.

Since losing Jason Peters, Buffalo has been searching for a left tackle. Sherrod is the perfect player for the Bills scheme. He’s a decorated pass protector, and he’s good enough in the run game to start as a rookie.

5. Arizona (3-7)
    Pick: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
    Analysis: The Cardinals are another team who will be looking at available quarterbacks, but none of the available passers are a good value in the top 5.

Where Arizona can improve immediately is at cornerback. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is a very good cover man, but he’s being avoided by quarterbacks this season. Opposite him the Cardinals must add a solid corner who can force offenses to test DRC.

6. San Francisco (3-7)
    Pick: Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
    Analysis: If any team is likely to reach for a player, it is the 49ers. Their drafts under Mike Singeltary have produced good players, but they are also known to reach for needs. And that is why they pull the trigger now on Ryan Mallett.

The 49ers are a talented team, and although poorly coached they are a few pieces away from the playoffs. Quarterback is the large piece missing. Mallett is battle tested and ready to go in the NFL.

7. Cleveland (3-7)
    Pick: A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
    Analysis: Colt McCoy turned out to be the franchise quarterback the Browns hoped they were getting. I guess that Mike Holmgren knows a thing or two about quarterbacks.

McCoy is the future, but the Browns must add talent around him. The offensive line is set, and Montarrio Hardesty will combine with Peyton Hillis to give them a great running attack next year. Receiver, however, is very weak. A.J. Green could easily be argued the 2nd best player in the entire draft.

8. Dallas (3-7)
    Pick: Da’Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
    Analysis: The Cowboys season has been a major disappointment, resulting in a head coaching change mid-season. The new head coach will find a talented, but aging team. Building around the running game, Tony Romo and Dez Bryant will be their priority.

Part of the rebuilding process will be revitalizing a defensive line that has been underachieving. Bowers is an athletic freak, able to play any position along the defensive line.

9. Denver (3-7)
    Pick: Brandon Harris, CB, Miami (FL)
    Analysis: Denver is another club that has underachived this year, but they at least have injuries to blame for their incompetence.

Turning things around in Denver will take more work than Dallas, and the first order of business is improving the secondary. A huge step in the right direction is adding Miami’s Brandon Harris. Perhaps more than any other player, Harris is making a name for himself late in the season. His stock is soaring.

10. Minnesota (3-7)
    Pick: Jake Locker, QB, Auburn
    Analysis: The Brett Favre experiment failed miserably in Minnesota, resulting in a head coach being fired and a franchise’s plans for the future seriously altered. Left to pick up the pieces, Leslie Frazier will find a talented group, but one without a leader after this season.

Finding a quarterback is Priority 1 in Minnesota. Tarvaris Jackson will be a free agent, and few people inside or outside the team believe in him as a franchise quarterback. Jake Locker will bring a toughness to the position, and a ton of athleticism. His accuracy needs work, but he’s improved dramatically. Kind of reminds you of a certain #4- minus the ego.

11. St. Louis (4-6)
    Pick: Bruce Carter, OLB, North Carolina
    Analysis: And the run on TarHeels begins. Carter is a great athlete, and was improving as an outside linebacker before being sidelined for the entire season after taking “improper benefits” from an agent.

Carter may be a little rusty, but that won’t last long. Like Dez Bryant this season, Carter will adjust quickly and become an impact player down the stretch.

12. Houston (4-6)
    Pick: Janoris Jenkins, CB, Florida
    Analysis: Jenkins marks the fourth cornerback drafted in the top 12- a testament to the talent in this class, but also to the needs at the position in the NFL.

Houston, after losing Dunta Robinson, drafted Kareem Jackson of Alabama, who will be a good corner in time. Unlike Jackson, Jenkins is ready to come in to the NFL right now and start.

13. San Diego (5-5)
    Pick: Cameron Jordan, DE, Cal
    Analysis: The Chargers are making another late season push toward the playoffs, but they are doing so with less talent than in previous seasons.

Chief among the needs for San Diego is improving the defensive line. Jordan is a potential top 5 player who translates well to the 3-4 as a defensive end. His time under Jeff Tedford at Cal will help make the move to the NFL seemless.

14. New England {from Oakland (5-5)}
    Pick: Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
    Analysis: The Patriots seem to always find themselves in the perfect position to fill a need, and they do it again here with Ayers.

Despite drafting two outside linebackers last year, the position is still a need. Ayers has the playmaking ability the team is lacking. Watch out, Mark Sanchez.

15. Tennessee (5-5)
    Pick: Allen Bailey, DT, Miami (FL)
    Analysis: The Titans could very easily be looking at quarterbacks here, but with Mallett and Locker gone, they turn to the best available player.

Bailey is a pass-rushing force. His penetrating style of play will fit in perfectly with what Jeff Fisher likes in his defensive linemen. Bailey is an upgrade over Tony Brown next to Jason Jones.

16. Washington (5-5)
    Pick: Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
    Analysis: It appears that Donovan McNabb will be in Washington for at least one more year. For the Redskins to succeed they must add a go-to receiver for McNabb.

Jones combines down field ability with great run-after-catch skills to give McNabb his best receiver since Terrell Owens. Thankfully, Jones is a much more mature person.

17. Miami (5-5)
    Pick: Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
    Analysis: How fitting is it that Ingram would end up in Miami, where his father played during his NFL career?

Ingram does fill a legitimate need at running back for Miami, who will be facing both Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown entering free agency after the season.

18. Jacksonville (6-4)
    Pick: Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina
    Analysis: The Jags defense has been a weak link throughout the season, especially their pass defense. One quick way to improve is to generate more pressure on the quarterback.

Quinn joins 2010 1st round pick Tyson Alualu on the defensive line, where Jacksonville will have a solid trio of young players together.

19. Tampa Bay (7-3)
    Pick: OT Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
    Analysis: The Bucs are one of the NFL’s cinderella stories this season. With young talent stacked throughout the roster, Tampa looks primed to compete for years to come.

In order to challenge for NFC South championships, Tampa must improve their offensive line. Castonzo is a true right tackle prospect who can immediately improve the running game.

20. Chicago (7-3)
    Pick: Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
    Analysis: The Bears drafted Chris Williams to be their left tackle of the future, but he’s settled in nicely at left guard. Instead of moving Williams, Chicago drafts an upgrade at left tackle in Carimi.

Carimi is a class Wisconsin offensive tackle. He’s big, strong and a very good technician. He’s NFL ready.

21. Seattle (5-5)
    Pick: Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
    Analysis: Nick Fairley’s fall on draft day ends at Seattle. A true top 15 player, Fairley hit a patch in the draft where no defensive tackles were a need.

In Seattle he will be an immediate upgrade, and a much needed playmaker on the interior defensive line. Pete Carroll has the Seahawks playing with heart, but great coaching cannot make up for a complete lack of talent. Fairley is the building block Carroll needs for the defensive line.

22. Kansas City (6-4)
    Pick: Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
    Analysis: The Chiefs, much like the Patriots before them, fell into a great pick. Miller’s name is rising on draft boards, but it is important he goes to a 3-4 defense.

Miller is a pass rusher first and foremost. In a 4-3 he would be wasted, but in KC they will let him pin his ears back and attack the backfield.

23. New York Giants (6-4)
    Pick: DeMarcus Love, OT, Arkansas
    Analysis: The Giants have been plagued with injuries this season, but despite that they still look like a contender. With small improvements, the Giants are a Super Bowl team.

Love has the ability to play tackle or guard at the next level, but he is best suited to play on the left side. Given 1-2 years to adapt and gain strength, Love could be a Pro Bowl player.

24. Baltimore (7-3)
    Pick: Jon Baldwin, WR, Pitt
    Analysis: Donte Stallworth and T.J. Houshmandzadeh have not become the threats the Ravens hoped they were adding opposite Anquan Boldin.

Baldwin will be a sure-fire threat. He’s big, fast and great at bringing down the jump ball. Next to Boldin, Baldwin will give Joe Flacco two very good threats at receiver.

25. Indianapolis (6-4)
    Pick: Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
    Analysis: There are very few players on the Colts defense whose name you would recognize, which might be why AFC offenses are scoring at will this season.

Peyton Manning cannot be expected to save the Colts defense every week. For the Colts to make another Super Bowl run a stronger defense is needed.

Dareus is a great talent, but his motor does not always run on high. Jim Caldwell and co. can get the most out of Dareus’ talent.

26. New Orleans (7-3)
    Pick: Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
    Analysis: Count New Orleans among the teams who are better than they should be. With little pass rush this season, the Saints are still tied for the 2nd best record in the NFC.

Kerrigan is rated much higher by some, but we are underwhelmed by him. He isn’t a great pass rusher, nor is he great against the run. He does have good potential, but he’s not the top 5 player some are making him out to be.

27. Pittsburgh (7-3)
    Pick: Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
    Analysis: Offensive tackle is a need for Pittsburgh, but they have never placed a premium on the position, and we don’t expect that to change.

One position that cannot be overlooked is cornerback. Smith is a big, rangy corner who can really cover some ground. He’s physical, able to stop the run and can match up against taller NFL receivers.

28. Atlanta (8-2)
    Pick: Brandon Burton, CB, Utah
    Analysis: Burton’s name won’t be mentioned much by Mel Kiper or Todd McShay, but you will see him plenty on our lists.

Burton is a sleeper, but he has serious NFL potential and will be a first rounder by the time April gets here.

29. Green Bay (7-3)
    Pick: Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia
    Analysis: Remember this name. The junior from Virginia is one of the more impressive cornerbacks in the class, should he decide to enter.

The Packers like physical corners, and that’s what Minnifield is all about. He has good height, very good ability in man coverage and has the size to play bump and run. A great find for the Pack.

30. New York Jets (8-2)
    Pick: Cameron Heyward, DE/DT, Ohio State
    Analysis: The Jets are one of the best teams in the NFL, but they are a defense that struggles at times to pressure the opposing offense.

Heyward will bring versatility to the defensive line, but he also brings the ability to get into the backfield, something missing from the Jets defense needs.

31. Philadelphia (7-3)
    Pick: Zach Brown, OLB, North Carolina
    Analysis: The Eagles defense needs an infusion of youth, especially at linebacker. We love the addition of Ernie Sims, but this pick is about building for the future and solidifying the entire unit.

Brown is underrated. As one of the few Tar Heels to not be suspended this year, his stock is on the rise. Brown has been clocked at 4.28 in the 40 yard dash and is a key runner on the UNC track team. If you want a freakish athlete at outside ‘backer, here you go.

32. New England (8-2)
    Pick: J.J Watt, DE, Wisconsin
    Previous Pick: Akeem Ayers, OLB (1st)
    Analysis: Many mock drafts will have New England drafting a running back, but we believe in Danny Woodhead and BenJarvis Green-Ellis. And why not? Since taking over the 1-2 jobs, the Patriots have been on a roll.

Where the Pats can improve is on the defensive side of the ball. Adding Ayers earlier in the round fills a huge hole. Grabbing Watts, a versatile defensive end, gives them depth and another playmaker at a key position.

Round 2
    33. New England—from Carolina (1-9)
    Pick: Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State
    Previous Pick: Akeem Ayers, OLB | J.J. Watt, DE
    Analysis: Blackmon is actually too talented to still be on the board here, but late in round one we saw a run on need-based picks.

Blackmon will give Tom Brady a receiver to grow old with. Brady has made Deion Branch look like a Pro Bowler- just imagine what he can do with a seriously talented receiver.

34. Detroit (2-8)
    Pick: Rodney Hudson, OG, Florida State
    Previous Pick: Patrick Peterson, CB
    Analysis: The Lions rebuilding project has gone well under Jim Schwartz, but protecting the QB has to take a front seat position for this franchise.

Hudson is an elite guard prospect. If he can add a light weight before the draft without losing agility he could make a serious push at the first round.

35. Buffalo (2-8)
    Pick: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
    Previous Pick: Derek Sherrod, OT
    Analysis: Many are wondering if the Bills can lose enough games to win the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. An equal number of people are also trying to decide if Cam Newton is a first round pick.

We say no, but he’s close. Newton is a better all-around quarterback than Tim Tebow or Vince Young were in college, but his off-field issues will push him down draft boards, and off others.

36. Cincinnati (2-8)
    Pick: Mark Barron, SS, Alabama
    Previous Pick: Andrew Luck, QB
    Analysis: In round one Cincinnati fell into the draft’s best player (don’t expect that to happen in April). In round two they fill their biggest need- strong safety.

Barron is a hard-hitting safety with range. He’ll step up against the run, but also police the centerfield. He has the skills to line up in man coverage as well.

37. San Francisco (3-7)
    Pick: Muhammad Wilkerson, DT, Temple
    Previous Pick: Ryan Mallett, QB
    Analysis: The 49ers will most likely be facing a complete overhaul of the coaching staff this off-season. This could mean big changes in defensive scheme.

Wilkerson is a versatile lineman- able to play inside on a four-man front, but can slide out to a 5 technique in the 3-4.

38. Cleveland (3-7)
    Pick: Rahim Moore, FS, UCLA
    Previous Pick: A.J. Green, WR
    Analysis: Cleveland addressed a huge need in round one by giving Colt McCoy a target to throw to. Now they must look at making a bad defense better.

Moore is a quick fix for Cleveland, who desperately need help at free safety. His playmaking ability is underrated, but watch him shine in the NFL.

39. Dallas (3-7)
    Pick: Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
    Previous Pick: Da’Quan Bowers, DE
    Analysis: Dallas has been terrible this season. The reason lies in the aging offensive line, and their inability to replace Flozell Adams at left tackle.

Nate Solder is your prototypical tackle prospect. Some will argue that he’s best served on the right side, but lucky for Dallas they need help at both left and right tackle.

40. Denver (3-7)
    Pick: Marvin Austin, DE/DT, North Carolina
    Previous Pick: Brandon Harris, CB
    Analysis: It has been interesting to track the fall of Marvin Austin. At one point before the season he was our #1 overall player, with a shot at being the top overall draft choice. After the NCAA caught him taking cash from agents, Austin was suspended for the year, and his draft stock went crashing.

Austin is a very good athlete for the position, which leads us to believe he will transition nicely to playing defensive end in the 3-4 scheme.

41. Minnesota (3-7)
    Pick: Kenny Tate, FS, Maryland
    Previous Pick: Jake Locker, QB
    Analysis: If their first pick was a bit of a reach to fill a need, the Vikings 2nd round choice is a practice in patience and drafting the best player available.

Tate is a very physical free safety, and his range makes him a very inticing prospect. Injury questions push him to the top of round two, but Tate has first round talent.

42. Arizona (3-7)
    Pick: Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State
    Previous Pick: Prince Amukamara, CB
    Analysis: Many thought before the college football season that Ponder could challenge Jake Locker to be college’s top quarterback. Those people were wrong, unfortunately.

Ponder, like Locker, has seen his stock fall this season. Injuries, poor play and little supporting talent have hurt Ponder, but this is still an NFL quarterback. Given 1-2 years, Ponder will be a quality starter.

43. Houston (4-6)
    Pick: Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
    Previous Pick: Janoris Jenkins, CB
    Analysis: Houston picked up a huge cornerstone for their franchise in round one. Round two is about correcting mistakes.

Amobi Okoye was a great story, entering the NFL at only 19 years old. He has failed to develop into the player Houston needed him to be, leaving a hole next to Mario Williams.

Stephen Paea is overrated by many pundits, but in round two he is a great value and fills a big need for the Texans.

44. St. Louis (4-6)
    Pick: DeAndre McDaniel, SS, Clemson
    Previous Pick: Bruce Carter, OLB
    Analysis: The Rams have found the future of their team, and their offense, in Sam Bradford. Building their defense is the plan for the 2011 Draft.

McDaniel is rated as the top strong safety on many draft board’s. He will bring a toughness and aggression to the Rams defense. McDaniel is a Steve Spagnuolo type player.

45. Oakland (5-5)
    Pick: Matt Reynolds, OT, BYU
    Previous Pick: No pick- Traded to New England
    Analysis: Trying to predict what Al Davis will do actually gives me nightmares. For this mock draft to be accurate we could easily give Oakland the fastest player on the draft board. That is until the 2010 NFL Draft happened. In 2010 Al Davis threw out the old game plan and made some damn fine draft picks.

We are hoping 2011 will be more of the same for Al and co. Reynolds is a tough, gritty offensive tackle. Underrated and overlooked at BYU, he is ready to step into an NFL huddle.

46. Tennessee (5-5)
    Pick: Martez Wilson, ILB, Illinois
    Previous Pick: Allen Bailey, DT
    Analysis: Tennessee needs a new quarterback, and Nick Foles is on the board here, but there is no way Bud Adams turns his back on Vince Young.

Filling their need at defensive tackle in round one, Tennessee can now focus on adding talent on defense. Jeff Fisher’s teams are known for their ability to shut down offenses, and Wilson goes a long way in making them better in the front seven.

47. Washington (5-5)
    Pick: Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
    Previous Pick: Julio Jones, WR
    Analysis: Washington will attempt to load up the roster in this year’s draft to make a Super Bowl run with Donovan McNabb. In doing so they must address the cornerback position. DeAngelo Hall has a big name- and mouth- but his play is weak. Brown can come in and play as a nickel back during this rookie season, while being groomed to take over for Hall.

48. Denver—from Miami (5-5)
    Pick: Greg Jones, ILB, Michigan State
    Previous Pick: Brandon Harris, CB | Marvin Austin, DE
    Analysis: The Broncos know their offense can compete with anyone, but their defense is what is holding them back. Greg Jones can start on the inside as a rookie in Denver’s 3-4 defense. His leadership abilities will also come in big for a young team.

49. San Diego (5-5)
    Pick: Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
    Previous Pick: Cameron Jordan, DE
    Analysis: Tight end is not a huge need, but an injury to Antonio Gates will shut down the Chargers offense completely. New England has shown what an offense can do with two athletic tight ends, especially in the red zone. Look for San Diego to copy that philosphy by drafting the best player on the board here.

50. Jacksonville (6-4)
    Pick: Nick Foles, QB, Arizona
    Previous Pick: Robert Quinn, DE
    Analysis: Grabbing Foles here would be the smart pick for Jacksonville. David Garrard has been wildly inconsistent this season, and yet the team is still 6-4. Foles is a quick study, and after a season behind Garrard he would be ready to grab the starting job.

51. Chicago (7-3)
    Pick: Stefen Wisniewski, OC, Penn State
    Previous Pick: Gabe Carimi, OT
    Analysis: In round one Chicago found their bookend left tackle. In round two they will replace a long time captain- Olin Kreutz. Wisniewski, whose dad played in the NFL, is game day ready. He’s a big body with a tough streak, but the intelligence you expect from your center.

52. Tampa Bay (7-3)
    Pick: Jeremy Beal, OLB, Oklahoma
    Previous Pick: Anthony Castonzo, OT
    Analysis: The Tampa Bay Buccanneers are quietly building their roster for a nice, long run at the Super Bowl. With Josh Freeman, LaGarrette Blount and Mike Williams on offense Tampa is set for the future. The defense does have holes, and Beal fills their #1 need on defense. His speed, aggressive style of play and pass rush ability will be a welcome addition.

53. Seattle (5-5)
    Pick: DeMarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma
    Previous Pick: Nick Fairley, DT
    Analysis: One thing Pete Carroll knows is that when a player like DeMarco Murray falls, you draft him right away. Murray is an electric runner, receiver and return man- but he’s faced injuries in his career that will push him down the draft boards in April. He will bring a physical running style to Seattle, a great compliment to Justin Forsett.

54. New York Giants (6-4)
    Pick: Shane Vareen, RB, Cal
    Previous Pick: DeMarcus Love, OT
    Analysis: Brandon Jacobs cannot seem to stay out of Tom Coughlin’s dog house, and Ahmad Bradshaw cannot carry the running load alone. Vareen will give New York a breakaway threat at running back. While Bradshaw chips away at defenses, Vareen is a threat to score every time he has the ball.

55. Kansas City (6-4)
    Pick: Jerrell Powe, NT, Ole Miss
    Previous Pick: Von Miller, OLB
    Analysis: As the Chiefs continue to build their 3-4 defense, adding a nose tackle to replace Ron Edwards will become an important piece of the puzzle. Powe has the ability to be that man. His size, strength and low center of gravity make him an ideal candidate for the nose.

56. Baltimore (7-3)
    Pick: Davon House, CB, New Mexico State
    Previous Pick: Jon Baldwin, WR
    Analysis: Cornerback has been one of the few weak spots for the Ravens defense this season. Finding youth, depth and future starters must be a priority through the draft.

House has the skills to match up with bigger receivers, but he is a fluid runner and can hang in there against tough slot receivers too.

57. Indianapolis (6-4)
    Pick: Tyron Smith, OT, Southern California
    Previous Pick: Marcell Dareus, DT
    Analysis: The Colts need to be serious about getting better at offensive tackle this off-season. Peyton Manning has done wonders with a patch-work offensive line, but this will eventually catch up to them.

Smith needs some development time, but he has the raw talent of a Pro Bowler. Few offensive tackles are this athletic, which fits in perfect with the Colts zone and stretch running game.

58. Pittsburgh (7-3)
    Pick: Jason Pinkston, OT, Pittsburgh
    Previous Pick: Jimmy Smith, CB
    Analysis: In the 2010 NFL Draft Pittsburgh found their starting center for the next decade. In the 2011 Draft they need to find an offensive tackle to do the same.

Pinkston, a local college player, has the toughness needed to grind out in the AFC North. He may be suited better to right tackle, which is fine because Pittsburgh needs help on both ends of the line.

59. New Orleans (7-3)
    Pick: Travis Lewis, OLB, Oklahoma
    Previous Pick: Ryan Kerrigan, DE
    Analysis: New Orleans, like many Super Bowl contenders, needs to get better on defense. Kerrigan in round one improves the pass rush; Lewis in round two will improve the entire defense. Lewis is a super-active linebacker who can rush the passer, drop into coverage and line up in man-to-man. He won’t be great against the run, but his speed and toughness will make him a starter.

60. Atlanta (8-2)
    Pick: Mark Herzlich, OLB, Boston College
    Previous Pick: Brandon Burton, CB
    Analysis: No story will be more heartwarming on Draft Day than than of Herzlich beating cancer to be drafted by an NFL team. Atlanta, in desperate need of help at outside linebacker, will welcome the standout college linebacker. Herzlich is likely to be poked and prodded extra at the NFL Combine, but all reports are that he is healthy and ready to take on the NFL- which might seem small compared to cancer.

61. Green Bay (7-3)
    Pick: Sam Acho, DE/OLB, Texas
    Previous Pick: Chase Minnifield, CB
    Analysis: Acho played end at Texas, mostly behind Brian Orakpo and Sergio Kindle. While there is not much film on him as a starter, Acho has great upside as a 3-4 outside linebacker in the NFL. He has the speed to turn the corner and pure pass rushing skills. Paired with Clay Matthews, Acho will give Green Bay an excellent 1-2 punch.

62. San Diego—from New York Jets (8-2)
    Pick: Jarvis Jenkins, NT, Clemson
    Previous Pick: Cameron Jordan, DE | Kyle Rudolph, TE
    Analysis: The loss of Jamaal Williams at nose tackle to Denver has affected the Chargers defense entirely. Replacing Williams through the draft will be a focus of the team this year.

Jenkins is a massive man, physically reminding you of Vince Wilfork. The Chargers can only hope he comes the type of player Wilfork is.

63. Philadelphia (7-3)
    Pick: Quan Sturdivant, ILB, North Carolina
    Previous Pick: Zach Brown, OLB
    Analysis: The Eagles have been historically great at drafting to fill needs. Ini 2011, they will do this again. The linebacking crew needs a face list, and adding Brown and Sturdivant will do just that. Having been teammates at North Carolina, Brown and Sturdivant will be able to step right into the Eagles system and excel.

64. New England (8-2)
    Pick: Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida
    Previous Pick: Akeem Ayers, OLB | J.J. Watt, DE | Justin Blackmon, WR
    Analysis: Bill Belichick does not like to draft linemen high in the draft, unless your name is Logan Mankins. When the Pats drafted Mankins they did so because he had played for a Belichick protege at Fresno State, Pat Hill.

Much like Mankins, Pouncey plays for a friend of Belichick (Urban Meyer) in a pro blocking system. Guard is a question mark for New England because of Mankins and his contract issues. He may be back in 2011, or he may be a free agent. Either way, adding more talent to the interior line is needed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Here are a couple of mocks.  One has JJ Watt going to us at the end of the first round while the other has him going at 9. Mock Drafts Team Rob Rang Chad Reuter Order 12/14/2010 12/14/2010 1. CAR Andrew Luck, QB Andrew Luck, QB 2. CIN A.J. Green, WR Da'Quan Bowers, DE 3. DEN Patrick Peterson, CB Prince Amukamara, CB 4. DET Prince Amukamara, CB Patrick Peterson, CB 5. BUF Nick Fairley, DT Derek Sherrod, OT 6. DAL Da'Quan Bowers, DE Nick Fairley, DT 7. ARI Cam Newton, QB Marcell Dareus, DT 8. WAS Marcell Dareus, DT Jake Locker , QB 9. SF J.J. Watt, DE A.J. Green, WR 10. TEN Ryan Mallett , QB Brandon Harris, CB 11. MIN Robert Quinn, DE Cam Newton, QB 12. HOU Von Miller, OLB Rahim Moore, FS 13. CLE Akeem Ayers, OLB Cameron Jordan, DE 14. STL Justin Blackmon , WR Julio Jones, WR 15. SEA Gabe Carimi, OT Drake Nevis, DT 16. NE Adrian Clayborn, DE Robert Quinn, DE 17. SD Anthony Castonzo, OT Cameron Heyward , DE 18. IND Mark Ingram, RB Stephen Paea, DT 19. MIA Ryan Broyles, WR Mark Ingram, RB 20. KC Cameron Heyward , DE Bruce Carter, OLB 21. JAC Brandon Harris, CB Ryan Kerrigan, DE 22. GB Cameron Jordan, DE Akeem Ayers, OLB 23. TB Ryan Kerrigan, DE Adrian Clayborn, DE 24. CHI Nate Solder, OT Nate Solder, OT 25. NYG Derek Sherrod, OT Anthony Castonzo, OT 26. NYJ Phil Taylor, DT Michael Floyd, WR 27. PHI Jimmy Smith, CB Tyron Smith, OT 28. BAL Allen Bailey, DE Stefen Wisniewski, C 29. NO DeMarcus Love, OT Allen Bailey, DE 30. PIT Tyron Smith, OT DeMarcus Love, OT 31. NE Julio Jones, WR J.J. Watt, DE 32. ATL Allen Bailey, DE Janoris Jenkins , CB
    Posted by Faucetman

Quinn and Watt!  I like that mock, the other one you posted is not bad at all either.  There will certainly be a few players that fit that need category, Quinn is available he would certainly be a nice pick.  Only thing is how he'll do with smart type test not only at the combine but sitting with BB. 

McCourty was so thought off from BB because some tape but it was during their 1 on 1 interview where McCourty separated himself from all others.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

The latest mock you posted FAUCET is amazing. I don't think anyone would be disappointed with that haul.

BTW...where did you find it? Interesting that there are a run on CB's in that mock in round 1, and a few players that I had higher on the list (like Fairley for example are picked in the 20's, and Robert Quinn falling below Ayers). 

I also have to question the Justin Blackmon pick at 33. He would be a nice addition, but where do Tate and Price end up? I guess if the Pats do take a WR that high, it will tell us a lot about what BB thinks of both Tate and Price. It would be pretty amazing to have Welker, Branch (assuming he returns) and Blackmon on the field together.

The latest mock you posted FAUCET is amazing. I don't think anyone would be disappointed with that haul. BTW...where did you find it? Interesting that there are a run on CB's in that mock in round 1, and a few players that I had higher on the list (like Fairley for example are picked in the 20's, and Robert Quinn falling below Ayers).  I also have to question the Justin Blackmon pick at 33. He would be a nice addition, but where do Tate and Price end up? I guess if the Pats do take a WR that high, it will tell us a lot about what BB thinks of both Tate and Price. It would be pretty amazing to have Welker, Branch (assuming he returns) and Blackmon on the field together.  
    Posted by PatsLifer

There will be 5 to 7 CBs picked in the 1st round, there are some good ones:

top 10
    Peterson
    Amukamara
    11-20 IMO
    Jenkins
    Harris
    Aaron Williams (possible if not 21-32)
    21-32
    Jimmy Smith
    Brandon Burton

Maybe even one of these guys gets picked in the 1st, a team that might get nervous and reach a bit
    Curtis Brown
    Ras I Dowling
    Johnny Patrick

Probably not naming them all, I'm sure there are a couple of other CBs who are in play from 27 - 45.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

The latest mock you posted FAUCET is amazing. I don't think anyone would be disappointed with that haul. BTW...where did you find it? Interesting that there are a run on CB's in that mock in round 1, and a few players that I had higher on the list (like Fairley for example are picked in the 20's, and Robert Quinn falling below Ayers).  I also have to question the Justin Blackmon pick at 33. He would be a nice addition, but where do Tate and Price end up? I guess if the Pats do take a WR that high, it will tell us a lot about what BB thinks of both Tate and Price. It would be pretty amazing to have Welker, Branch (assuming he returns) and Blackmon on the field together.  
    Posted by PatsLifer

The double mock was from the Bleacher Report and the long 2 round mock was from NewERAscouting.  You can just click on the link at the top of the mock and it will take you there.

I think Blackmon at #33 makes a ton of sense.  Branch is playing great but we all know he will get hit by the injury bug eventually.  If Fairley and/or Watt slip into the 20s, I'll be mad we didn't take one with the Raider pick.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK*** : There will be 5 to 7 CBs picked in the 1st round, there are some good ones: top 10 Peterson Amukamara 11-20 IMO Jenkins Harris Aaron Williams (possible if not 21-32) 21-32 Jimmy Smith Brandon Burton Maybe even one of these guys gets picked in the 1st, a team that might get nervous and reach a bit Curtis Brown Ras I Dowling Johnny Patrick Probably not naming them all, I'm sure there are a couple of other CBs who are in play from 27 - 45.
    Posted by Pats7393

Interestingly teams picking first need OL help but none of the OTs are top 10 worthy, Castonzo is close.  We'd have the ability to move up into the top 10 if there was a player there we really wanted.  Of the corners being discussed as first rounders, only Patrick Peterson to me makes any sense to take in the first round.  Peterson grades out at 98 tied with Andrew Luck at the top of the draft.  JJ Watt is omitted from the below list.  Amukamara isn't that good.  I caught three of his games and he wasn't that impressive to me.  He was burned a few times and he doesn't have a single interception. 

SCOUTS INC.'S TOP 32

PlayerPos.SchoolGrade
    1. Andrew Luck*QBStanford98
    2. Patrick Peterson*CBLSU98
    3. Da'Quan Bowers*DEClemson97
    4. Marcell Dareus*DTAlabama97
    5. Robert Quinn*DENorth Carolina96
    6. A.J. Green*WRGeorgia96
    7. Stephen PaeaDTOregon State96
    8. Prince AmukamaraCBNebraska96
    9. Nick FairleyDTAuburn95
    10. Anthony CastonzoOTBoston Coll.95
    11. Janoris Jenkins*CBFlorida95
    12. Akeem Ayers*OLBUCLA94
    13. Adrian ClaybornDEIowa94
    14. Jake LockerQBWashington94
    15. Gabe CarimiOTWisconsin93
    16. Allen BaileyDEMiami93
    17. Mark Ingram*RBAlabama93
    18. Ryan Mallett*QBArkansas92
    19. Nate SolderOTColorado91
    20. Ryan KerriganDEPurdue91
    21. Von MillerOLBTexas A&M91
    22. Aaron Williams*CBTexas90
    23. Drake NevisDTLSU90
    24. Cameron HeywardDEOhio State90
    25.Derek SherrodOTMiss. St.90
    26. Jeremy BealOLBOklahoma90
    27. Kyle Rudolph*TENotre Dame90
    28. Demarcus Love*OTArkansas89
    29. Rodney HudsonCFlorida State89
    30. Rahim Moore*SUCLA89
    31. Cameron JordanDECalifornia89
    32. Brandon Burton*CBUtah89
    * denotes draft-eligible underclassman

In Response to Re: 2011 Patriots Draft Options ***WITH NEW MOCK*** : Interestingly teams picking first need OL help but none of the OTs are top 10 worthy, Castonzo is close.  We'd have the ability to move up into the top 10 if there was a player there we really wanted.  Of the corners being discussed as first rounders, only Patrick Peterson to me makes any sense to take in the first round.  Peterson grades out at 98 tied with Andrew Luck at the top of the draft.  JJ Watt is omitted from the below list.  Amukamara isn't that good.  I caught three of his games and he wasn't that impressive to me.  He was burned a few times and he doesn't have a single interception.  SCOUTS INC.'S TOP 32 Player Pos. School Grade 1. Andrew Luck * QB Stanford 98 2. Patrick Peterson * CB LSU 98 3. Da'Quan Bowers * DE Clemson 97 4. Marcell Dareus * DT Alabama 97 5. Robert Quinn * DE North Carolina 96 6. A.J. Green * WR Georgia 96 7. Stephen Paea DT Oregon State 96 8. Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska 96 9. Nick Fairley DT Auburn 95 10. Anthony Castonzo OT Boston Coll. 95 11. Janoris Jenkins * CB Florida 95 12. Akeem Ayers * OLB UCLA 94 13. Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa 94 14. Jake Locker QB Washington 94 15. Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin 93 16. Allen Bailey DE Miami 93 17. Mark Ingram * RB Alabama 93 18. Ryan Mallett * QB Arkansas 92 19. Nate Solder OT Colorado 91 20. Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue 91 21. Von Miller OLB Texas A&M 91 22. Aaron Williams * CB Texas 90 23. Drake Nevis DT LSU 90 24. Cameron Heyward DE Ohio State 90 25. Derek Sherrod OT Miss. St. 90 26. Jeremy Beal OLB Oklahoma 90 27. Kyle Rudolph * TE Notre Dame 90 28. Demarcus Love * OT Arkansas 89 29. Rodney Hudson C Florida State 89 30. Rahim Moore * S UCLA 89 31. Cameron Jordan DE California 89 32. Brandon Burton * CB Utah 89 * denotes draft-eligible underclassman
    Posted by Faucetman

Agree teams need OTs but not anyone close to that top 10 grade but hey you never know Alualu wasn't graded as a top 10 pick but the Jags thought he was, only takes one team.

It is also a copycat league, some teams will try to find the next DM.  Once a few CBs get taken I think the flood gates open for them but the same could be said of the OTs mid to late 1st round.  There are 4 or 5 guys who should be considered from 20 to 45?  Once 1 goes the rest are sure to follow soon after.

WR though is a position that I think it will be the position where some guys will drop into the 3rd and 4th who would grade as 2nd.  There's good depth for guys who could fit in this system.  Shapping up to be a good draft because I think there are a ton of 2nd rnd grade type guys.  Those type guys BB like.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

I have to think that the odds of the Pats keeping and selecting 6 guys thru the first 3 rounds has to be nil.  My guess is they trade their pick in round 1 for a    2nd round pick in 2011 and future #1 in 2012.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Wazzu-wheatfarmer. Show Wazzu-wheatfarmer's posts

I know that he is projected to go Top 5, but if a few teams get QB happy and D-Line happy, is there any chance that AJ Green slides to us at Raider's pick?  If so, would BB take him?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

On that rare chance, I think he might, but I dont see him moving up to get him.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I...It is also a copycat league, some teams will try to find the next DM.  Once a few CBs get taken I think the flood gat....
    Posted by Pats7393

good thing there are no TEs. the two-headed beast is something i want to stay unique with nwe for a few years.

• Sections
    Shortcuts